Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2588 times)
Earl Ragnaar

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:19:35 PM

I think the best way to store Bitcoin the Original bitcoin Wallet that you provide for the forum because if you have the key and password of it then no one can steal them from you no matter whatever happens. And when the time will be right you can sell them at the best price you want and you will definetely get some profit.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:44:18 PM

Personally I'm using a Nano Ledger. As far as I know it should be very safe. Just buy it from a trustful shop, perhaps from Ledger stpore itself, to avoid the risk that someone could have manipulated the Legder beforehand.
YEs it is one of the best wallet that you can used if you want to store your bitxoin. But in fact the safety of our bitcoin was not only depends on our wallet but for also for us because every wallet have private keys so you must always remember and never foret it so that you have a back up for your wallet.

I agree with that , it is also good to store your funds in the cold wallets, it is safe there also on some wallets that has a security protocol, keep private keys safe and secured also , it must be a good wallet and have trusted by so many users, wallets used in storing bitcoins must have a less risk , bitcoin price is changing every time, it is so volatile.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:49:53 PM

We have different ways to store bitcoin safely, they have people who wants to store their bitcoin to the offline wallet because is more safer but it is risky because of the files lose you will not open it. But if you store in online wallet it is prone to the hacker but you cannot forget your password because even you lforget they have forget password to recover it.
glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:03:06 PM

for me the most reliable and the way of storage is a paper carrier. this method involves a printed bitcoin-wallet-a 100% confidentiality guarantee, which is provided as a QR code, reading which keys and addresses can be imported into the bitcoin client on the computer and accessed by virtual means. This method is difficult for inexperienced users, so it is better to limit the hardware purse to the flash drive. the main thing is not to lose, not to break and not to put the virus there. otherwise it is the same reliable method as in the case of a paper purse.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:14:47 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick

I use a wallet app. Here in the Philippines, we have coins.ph. Before, they only had bitcoins but now they cater to ethereum as well. For me, in a 3rd world country, coins.ph is a pretty good wallet. Other than the wallet, I take preventive and safe actions like checking my connections and making sure I'm on a trusted one.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Rosa Paula

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:46:18 AM

I think the most ideal approach to store BTC is through cool stockpiling, its relatively difficult to get hacked while I chilly stockpiling There are anyway various alternatives to Keep BTC safe,you can utilize Hardware wallets,These wallets keep your coins off the web and far from the programmers achieve, they likewise give you finish control of your coins, enabling you to affirm all the exchange that experiences your wallet. You can utilized Trezor or the Ledger Nano S.
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

Most prefer hardware wallet but to me i still prefer saving your private key offline as the safest and best way to save your bitcoin...

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
InterFinex_JB

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:12:00 AM

There are many ways to store your btc, and the safest way is to store them offline or through cold storage. Keeping Bitcoins offline substantially reduces the threat from hackers. This article might help you decide which step is best:
https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-keep-bitcoin-safe-and-secure/
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Hardware wallets have made storage of of bitcoin less of a headache now. I keep my coins on a hardware wallet and walk around with it without any panic because no one can access it. I like the way hardware wallets operate and I will always endorse it as the best way of saving bitcoin.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
AirGirea

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:38:23 AM

you should choose the safe bitcoin at the first time by searching and studying it carefully
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:48:00 AM

To save the bitcoin safely you should put in the wallet that you find it safe and should not visit multiple times that the hacker will be hacked and you should keep your password and address more secure.
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:09:58 AM

As far as I know Ledger nano hardware wallet is one of the most secure way to store your bitcoin right now, but I don't know what in the case if you have lost it Smiley
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:19:49 AM

Bitcoins but one thing that you must emphasize on is the security of your coins,this should always be given priority at all the time. we all have preferences when it comes to the choice of wallet we use. Web base wallets and Exodus. They store your crypto offline making it impossible for a stranger to access it.
Olga1111

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:19:29 PM

I think to store bitcoin safely, you should set up a wallet to store it. As far as I know, there are several types of secure bitcoins available today: the wallet is Ledger Nano s, Exodus wallet, my Ether Wallet, TREZOR wallet, Ethereum wallet on coinbase.
newbie243

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:26:43 PM

well I recommend you the Trezor I reassure that the security of this wallet is one of the best Bitcoin wallets.
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:58:20 PM

For the safety of bitcoin just use a ledger and trezor this is proven and tested don't trust any wallet online there's a lot of issues the bitcoin will disappear from wallet it will hack by a hacker. 

Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:15:59 PM

The best way to store your bitcoin safely is by storing it on the wallet and never expose the key to some new website.
Always pay attention to the SSL certificate of the website when entering the wallet critical informations.
There are many phishing case attempt to hack our wallets. Just be very careful when using passwords or keys.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:19:27 PM

Personally I'm using a Nano Ledger. As far as I know it should be very safe. Just buy it from a trustful shop, perhaps from Ledger stpore itself, to avoid the risk that someone could have manipulated the Legder beforehand.
It is also one of the wallets that is trusted here in my country. My friend is using it right now, he told me that namo ledger is safer than other wallet.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Apiapik

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

they have people who want to save their bitcoins into offline wallets because it's safer, but risky because your lost files will not open them. if you save in your wallet online, prone to hackers, you can not forget your password because even you forget that they forgot password to recover it.
Maveric99

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

You basically want silent and secure storage You should first learn the advantages and disadvantages of each method. then learn how to use it in the safest way. You can store it in your PC and other hardware such as flashdisk, plus you will also save in the hidden email or other place the same thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: