Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2579 times)
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:10:04 AM

Nice guide . You could also use the hardware wallets . They are safer for they are stored in a stick and you can carry them anyware . Tho its kinda risky since you could easily lose that thingy and lose everything you have . There has been a story here about someone who lost his private key or something and let a hacker do the trick for him . He's lucky in his case , in wont be the case on most of the people tho . So yea , there is always a downside on every other wallet . Beware .

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iammrash

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:13:10 AM

Just use Nano ledger..  And Other hardware wallets. Never use exchange wallets as you safe store of your own fund. Because in exchanges you don't control the coins ownership as you doesn't have the private key.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:16:09 AM

Well, since I am a Bitcoin user, where I am really proud of, I am using an online wallet that my country where I belong support crypto currency and especially made a certain wallet. For me, I am storing all my Bitcoin inside of this online wallet which for me is very safe, convenient and easy to use.
lehuyaxib1

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:18:23 AM

I think you are right
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:20:11 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
You should do research it depends in what is your country. It's good you have a right guide, I do i have an password in my laptop and cellphone to protect my account to other people. Here in the philippines we use coins.ph legit bitcoin wallet.
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:30:20 AM

I think any wallet has its advantages and disadvantages. So if you store Bitcoin on a cold wallet will give you access to it at any time without the need of the Internet. However, it is easy to be stolen or lost. If you store them on the internet, you can access it anytime, anywhere if there is internet.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Jesusghergo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:37:21 AM

Well better way to store your Bitcoin is to a safe wallet. I am a proud Bitcoin user and currently I am using coins.ph wallet since my country supports crypto currencies, our own country have this kind of wallet that is very easy to use, also safe, and convenient as we ca easily convert our Bitcoin into some other currencies like Bitcoin into Ethereum and vice versa or into our country currency.
swabelang

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:39:35 AM

There are many ways to store bitcoin safely. Just like In Ledger Nano S, this is the one i bet, it is a hardware wallet that has a safety features. If we consider about storing, you can store cryptographic assets. And also in security, you can secure digital payments and It connects to any computer. The other one is the coins.ph wallet, it is the other wallet which is easy and safe to use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  

Jump to: