Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37166 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

ZEC will be killed by shitmain.
GPUminers,welcome to XZC,

why fight against ASIC,i have GPU ,i can choose which coin to mine ,for current profit ,or for future.
if i buy a ASIC machine, when shitmain  manufacture more machines,or the coin dump,i have nothing todo,just look at the devaluation of the machine,and cannot return of investment.

Funnily enough, Equihash is still extremely profitable right now   Grin

And will remain profitable on GPUs 'till at least somewhere in July and more likely August, given the current total network hashrate vs. how much this miner will introduce at normal Bitmain batch sizes.

Remember, not shipping 'till late JUNE - but probably will kill GPU mining over time, unlike the E3 for Equihash that BARELY matches what a current well-tuned GPU rig can manage.

Not sure what you mean by barely matching, a 7 GPU Nvidia Rig using 3x the power hashes at best about 3k/sols a second, this thing says to be 300W @ 10k/sols

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shellyfinest

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

why fight against ASIC,i have GPU ,i can choose which coin to mine ,for current profit ,or for future.
if i buy a ASIC machine, when shitmain  manufacture more machines,or the coin dump,i have nothing todo,just look at the devaluation of the machine,and cannot return of investment.

Funnily enough, Equihash is still extremely profitable right now   Grin

And will remain profitable on GPUs 'till at least somewhere in July and more likely August, given the current total network hashrate vs. how much this miner will introduce at normal Bitmain batch sizes.

Remember, not shipping 'till late JUNE - but probably will kill GPU mining over time, unlike the E3 for Equihash that BARELY matches what a current well-tuned GPU rig can manage.

Not sure what you mean by barely matching, a 7 GPU Nvidia Rig using 3x the power hashes at best about 3k/sols a second, this thing says to be 300W @ 10k/sols

He said E3 , the antminer that mines EtHash ... You're talking about the Z9 that mines Equihash ... I think him saying the E3 mining equihash through you off
racebum

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

something is just odd about this. let me elaborate.

the E3 is priced at 2000-2400. it mines like a 6 card rig and costs about the same as one

this new z9 is like 12 grand in GPUs but only priced at 2k? if bitmain sold 12k in gpu's they would be asking at least 9-10k for it

sooo what gives? are they just expecting a fork? at current this thing is what? a 45 day ROI which is something i have never seen since i have been in crypto. did this ever exist years back?

the price to performance just seems out of line
racebum

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:31:40 PM

what are your thoughts on the other profitable GPU algos like lyra, dagger and scrypt? i can absolutely see this nuking equihash but do you really think it will be the end of gpu mining? if so, why?
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2085
Merit: 1390

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:55:12 PM

the E3 is priced at 2000-2400. it mines like a 6 card rig and costs about the same as one

this new z9 is like 12 grand in GPUs but only priced at 2k? if bitmain sold 12k in gpu's they would be asking at least 9-10k for it

sooo what gives? are they just expecting a fork? at current this thing is what? a 45 day ROI which is something i have never seen since i have been in crypto. did this ever exist years back?

sigh...why do people never learn. Bitmain is not pricing this based on what a single unit on the current network could mine, nor should you ever figure out your earnings on any new miner based on that.

As a rule of thumb, take bitmains X new miner, multiply the hashrate by 10,000 units (which is their typical batch size), add that hashrate to the current network and assume thats what you will be earning on day 1.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:55:53 PM

Owh man, this is like 25 GTX1070

This is the death of gpu mining
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:59:53 PM

sigh...why do people never learn. Bitmain is not pricing this based on what a single unit on the current network could mine, nor should you ever figure out your earnings on any new miner based on that.

As a rule of thumb, take bitmains X new miner, multiply the hashrate by 10,000 units (which is their typical batch size), add that hashrate to the current network and assume thats what you will be earning on day 1.

Lol these fewls are like robots, every new asic they flock too , only to be disappointed, As a rule of thumb like jstefanop says , plan on making back the cost of the miner in 2-3 months , after that you can only pray they do not release new batches
too fast, but knowing their greed and MO , thats a false hope.  Yeah you will probably make a few pennies and pay off the gear

but what you are doing is feeding them more money on top of the fact these same chips you are getting in june have been crushing millions of dollars worth of equihash since november 2017 ,  they are only selling them to you fewls since they
are near end of life for Bitmain.  Thier private farms are running the Z3 full miners, probbaly 40ksols at 500 watts.

Have at it idiots lol
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:09:51 PM

You will only ROI in 45 days if you are the only one to use this asic
Don't forget that at the moment you turn on your asic, 9.999 anothers Asics are turning on to  Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:16:26 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Lol these fewls are like robots, every new asic they flock too , only to be disappointed, As a rule of thumb like jstefanop says , plan on making back the cost of the miner in 2-3 months , after that you can only pray they do not release new batches
too fast, but knowing their greed and MO , thats a false hope.  Yeah you will probably make a few pennies and pay off the gear

but what you are doing is feeding them more money on top of the fact these same chips you are getting in june have been crushing millions of dollars worth of equihash since november 2017 ,  they are only selling them to you fewls since they
are near end of life for Bitmain.  Thier private farms are running the Z3 full miners, probbaly 40ksols at 500 watts.

Have at it idiots lol

The only thing I've seen on getting the latest ASIC's this year is that IF you get on the FIRST batch of a NEW Algo miner from Bitmain you have a 50/50 chance

of ROI......if the Bitmain unit crypto already is past the first batch...your odds IMHO, go down to 1 out of 5 .depending on your arrival date/batch/elec costs/etc

pretty sucky odds....I've stopped playing for now...getting any ASIC of any flavor from Bitmain (90% market share or more) for any gimmick algo...flooding the market

as a Bitmain monopoly is not really going to help any of these coins in the long run, in that Bitmain ALWAYS shoots them out like toasters...

usually after pre-mining them months ahead of the consumer release, to joe public.......I don't see a good ending or 'soft landing' in any of these cases..just saying...

Also, a lot of the devs of this various new algo's on these new algo machines, with the reflex by the devs of such, who are 'forking coin' so ASIC's can't work...

literally 'doorstops' on arrival from Bitmain or within months....no ROI...this is especially becoming dire with scrypt-pow units out like toasters (difficulty vs coin price)

and may end badly for say, LTC price in the future...when this pow-scrypt reality, and Bitmain games, come home to roost...(Yeah, I'm not a happy camper on

the sidelines watching this)

anyway, my take...why I'm sitting on hands not getting anything more this year (got 6 dubious L3+'s maybe I'll break even with vs taxes paid.but its a stretch)

This unit is going to have the same problems as all the other units Bitmain is dumping out in the world....a lot of folks MAY be left holding the bag vs holding coin...

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:50:25 PM

This miner can mine more coins then the other machines. That alone is going to spread out the hashrate to at least the top of those. ZEC, ZEN, ZCL, BTCP, BTG? Plenty of places for the hash to go as opposed to everyone mining LTC with an L3.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
racebum

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 09:03:18 PM

Don't forget that at the moment you turn on your asic, 9.999 anothers Asics are turning on to  Grin

even if you do this the ROI is miles ahead of anything else on the market

i don't understand why some of you are trying to break down the oh no it's not 45 days it's like 70-90 when either argument reaches the same conclusion. they have one miner with an ROI lightyears above anything else out there on their site or GPU land. it doesn't make sense. something is missing from the equation. either they expect dev. forks or they expect a dump and massive difficulty increase and or prices are going to rise on this asic before launch.

what searing points out above was basically the elaborated version of my full thought process
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:14:01 PM

This miner can mine more coins then the other machines. That alone is going to spread out the hashrate to at least the top of those. ZEC, ZEN, ZCL, BTCP, BTG? Plenty of places for the hash to go as opposed to everyone mining LTC with an L3.

BTG announced their stand on ASIC resistance. They will fork
deskless

Activity: 279

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

BTG announced their stand on ASIC resistance. They will fork

Any idea how noisy would the Z9 miner be?
Estex

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:27:32 PM

And would be even more profitable if ASIC's weren't mining rn Grin

What Do you guys think how many % of the Equihash Hashrates are from ASIC's?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:55:31 PM

I thought Equihash was supposed to be ASIC resistant due to the memory requirements.  Angry Guess that is not the case. I guess the good news is that this ASIC is only about 12x as efficient as a 1070 instead of 100s or thousands of times more efficient. Oh well, I only am mining with one 1070 anyway that is part of my desktop. Maybe I can get into gaming instead.  Cheesy
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:00:06 PM

even if you do this the ROI is miles ahead of anything else on the market

i don't understand why some of you are trying to break down the oh no it's not 45 days it's like 70-90 when either argument reaches the same conclusion. they have one miner with an ROI lightyears above anything else out there on their site or GPU land. it doesn't make sense. something is missing from the equation. either they expect dev. forks or they expect a dump and massive difficulty increase and or prices are going to rise on this asic before launch.

what searing points out above was basically the elaborated version of my full thought process

I'm not defending this crap, people will not have ROI ins 45 days or even 70-90
About the price, who knows?
We are talking about bitmain, not a good company

Don`t forget Bitmain are building a huge farm on US and they will mine with the best asics, and then they will sell to trolls over and over

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Dr_Thrax

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

The price/performance ratio it is ridiculous, you have to invest about 6-7 times more to get the same power with GPUs (1080 Ti) (Power requirement is ridiculous too). Hence this only increase the suspicious of another SCAM, like cryptonight ASIC, right now those things are huge, heavy and very expensive paperweights. Furthermore ASIC will increase dramatically network´s difficulty, and if the price can not hold the rhythm, the coin will die. People, you need to understand, that the problem is not ASIC devices, the problem is that the manufacturing of these is kidnaped by Bitmain, and them do not care about cryptocurrencies, mining or something related, (except BTC), they only want to sell their devices. If these destroys every coin, market in its path, and hence ASIC buyers ROI, it is no about their concern.
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:33:06 PM

^ he gets it. ASIC is a better option. Bitmain is the problem. Not the computer. Just need more companies. Which more and more are showing up these days. Bitmain wont be able to do this much longer.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:02:19 PM

Anyone have some idea how the hell is bitmain made first ethereum asic and now for equihash,did they make some new chip that can be reprogramed?Yeah i get it that they made a lot of money last year and that can spend it on devs but i am more interested if there is new chip because it can probably be used on most algos and kill gpu mining Undecided Also good luck to those who got in on the first batch
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:17:12 PM

Anyone have some idea how the hell is bitmain made first ethereum asic and now for equihash,did they make some new chip that can be reprogramed?Yeah i get it that they made a lot of money last year and that can spend it on devs but i am more interested if there is new chip because it can probably be used on most algos and kill gpu mining Undecided Also good luck to those who got in on the first batch

They have money, motivation, smart people. That is it. They are not going to kill gpu mining. That idiot over at Ethereum Vitalik Buterin is going to kill gpu mining with PoS on ETH. Once those gpus shift... oh boy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: