Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining VS Rendering  (Read 6894 times)
Greenparkzhiv

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:10:54 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

Basically none right now! They are just another ICO trying to grab money. Unless they manage to land every single AAA animation studio out there to use their "Revolutionary" app for rendering. Most of the GPUs listed on the software will be sitting idle. Plus it doesn't make any sense to me why Any AAA Animation studio would use them in the first place. If they are going to pay $11,000 for an hour of rendering. Imagine the Scene of "Frozen (Castle Scene) " which took 72 hours to render will cost them $792,000. Also, keep in mind There are some effects which only CPUs can compute. So this "rendering" will be only effective for scenes which take advantage of GPUs mostly.

Plus they have failed to respond to my previous question, which makes me believe they are here to just grab the money.

I was already a little interested in this issue. Other rendering companies exist but they usually have a narrow specialization, for example, provide rendering on cartographic design. Leonardo does not put before us limitations in the complexity of the order. This is a big plus. In addition, at this stage, no one is risking their contributions. Even if the necessary amount of money is not collected, then all returns to investors ..... at least so to say ...
Perilace

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:50:26 PM

Will this be a fresh breeze for miners? maybe this will also be the reason why GPUs will still be needed than ASIC. But wait, can ASIC be used for rendering? Somehow I hope not.
Waiting to bring back to life my D3... Cheesy
It has always been interesting why the major well-known companies are going to cooperate with still dubious projects ?! After all, in fact, GigaWatt takes on the main burden, in this situation. Their equipment and capacity is used.      

Even established companies need to maintain their reputation, must reflect the progress ahead of the times. To do this, new projects are needed and you need to take risks. Agree, the opportunity to become the best in rendering is a good incentive).
cryptodrunk

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:46:25 AM

Will there be enough work or guaranteed work to cover 7/24 instead of mining?

No, They explained it earlier, They will use mining as a backup, So when there won't be any jobs running, The software will mine for you. Expect most of the time being spent on mining. An Average commercial would take a mere hour or two to render with 100 GPUs. As I said in my previous post Unless they land every single Animation studio out there, there isn't much stuff to render.

That is precisely one of my concerns about the performance of this project, if your GPUs are not powerful enough for a certain project, almost all the time they will be doing mining not rendering, and if there are too many powerful GPU farms running the competition among them the price of the rendering will decrease. Regards.
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

Vincoin Cash - Private Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:29:26 AM

I have GPUs lot more powerful than 1060s..but less then 100,maybe you have different minimum requirements for different graphic cards?

Thank you for the question.

"100 GPU minimum requirement is based on our internal tests with 1060s that allows stable and quality rendering service.
We will most probably finetune minimum requirements based on specific models a bit later when we run more tests and get more reliable data."

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
▓ Private Blockchain Protocol ▓
|Telegram|
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:09:32 PM

I have GPUs lot more powerful than 1060s..but less then 100,maybe you have different minimum requirements for different graphic cards?

Thank you for the question.

"100 GPU minimum requirement is based on our internal tests with 1060s that allows stable and quality rendering service.
We will most probably finetune minimum requirements based on specific models a bit later when we run more tests and get more reliable data."

Best,
LT

Do you plan to have a linux based client? I have bunch of machine all running linux... Don't want to buy windows for that..

eestimees
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

Renderfarm on the blockchain!
Now this is what I needed 7 years ago!!

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
clara.zetkin91

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:42:10 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

Basically none right now! They are just another ICO trying to grab money. Unless they manage to land every single AAA animation studio out there to use their "Revolutionary" app for rendering. Most of the GPUs listed on the software will be sitting idle. Plus it doesn't make any sense to me why Any AAA Animation studio would use them in the first place. If they are going to pay $11,000 for an hour of rendering. Imagine the Scene of "Frozen (Castle Scene) " which took 72 hours to render will cost them $792,000. Also, keep in mind There are some effects which only CPUs can compute. So this "rendering" will be only effective for scenes which take advantage of GPUs mostly.

Plus they have failed to respond to my previous question, which makes me believe they are here to just grab the money.

I believe so. They want to build not just the best decentralized rendering service, but also be better than centralized services like AWS. As stated the Giga Watt infrastructure is the starting point of their decentralized ecosystem.
Greenparkzhiv

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:36:38 AM

What are the benefits of partnering with Giga Watt?
One of the main advantages in my opinion is that Diga Watts is the largest GPU hosting that has capacity and processors that work 24 hours 7 days a week. I think not many can afford it.      

This is basically the core reason which drove me to Giga Watt.

Giga Watt is a solid company with a reputation. I think this is a great advantage for Leonardo to be in partnership with such a large GPU hosting. This greatly increases interest in the project and its credibility.
su1kata

Activity: 406
Merit: 22

HQ German Translator

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 02:02:33 PM

I'm proud to announce, german Mining Thread is now available: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5028111.0

Have a nice day  Wink
SirNeo

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 07:16:27 PM

Is it possible for two GTX 1060 GPU farms (one with 40 GPUs and the other-one with 60) to render for Leo?
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:31:58 PM

Is it possible for two GTX 1060 GPU farms (one with 40 GPUs and the other-one with 60) to render for Leo?

I think it is possible for this as long as you own the GPU's. So GPU pooling is quite an idea to this kind of project for rendering.
Greenparkzhiv

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:46:44 AM

Professional rendering is done on cpu`s, not gpu`s.
Why are you saying that? Even the specialized rendering hardware are modified gpus.
For me, too, this issue remains open. Still rendering is a serious and time-consuming work. I want to be sure that no one has broken it or spoiled it (((.            

I think it's for exiting miners who already are using mining equipments. Purchasing mining equipments and starting from zero will rather be an expensive investment. And they will be paying in fiat or tokens though accepting tokens are much better as it includes further benefits.
revenant2017

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:37:44 PM

Professional rendering is done on cpu`s, not gpu`s.
Why are you saying that? Even the specialized rendering hardware are modified gpus.
For me, too, this issue remains open. Still rendering is a serious and time-consuming work. I want to be sure that no one has broken it or spoiled it (((.            

I think it's for exiting miners who already are using mining equipments. Purchasing mining equipments and starting from zero will rather be an expensive investment. And they will be paying in fiat or tokens though accepting tokens are much better as it includes further benefits.
2 years from now, Pascal or Vega will just be a history. The era of FPGA is beginning to start. The ASICS are dominating now the ETH and ZCASH. This Rendering thing will be good for disposal of the remaining over supplied, Graphics Card.
crypt_farid

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:41:11 PM

Will pool be able to exist, 100 GPU really is far out
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:12:33 AM

Start with an application for miners:
https://goo.gl/forms/2rf92YzBUdlyJRG02.
 If you are interested in partnering with Leonardo Render please fill out the form through the link. If you have any further questions in regards to partnerships please reach out to support@leonardorender.com

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

Interesting thread. Me and my 70 x GTX 1060s will be keeping a close watch on Leonardo.

If you are interested in partnering with Leonardo Render please fill out the form through the link. If you have any further questions in regards to partnerships please reach out to support@leonardorender.com

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:32:42 PM

Hello Leonardos! Check out the most recent article on Leonardo! https://uk.advfn.com/newspaper/luisaureliano/48644/new-initiatives-point-to-a-bullish-case-for-iqiyi

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
revenant2017

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:13:33 PM

He was actually talking about a pool for gpu holders like what mining pool looks like. Is it even possible for a pool of GPU from different gpu holders?
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:59:44 PM

He was actually talking about a pool for gpu holders like what mining pool looks like. Is it even possible for a pool of GPU from different gpu holders?

They cannot be a pool they need to be on the same network, so no,  pools do not fit for LR.

Best,
LR

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 11:33:07 AM

If you have any further questions in regards to partnerships please reach out to support@leonardorender.com

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: