Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Devastation  (Read 504742 times)
Petpowder

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:20:29 PM

Time to focus. Time is slipping away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

...If the economy enters into trouble, prices will rise, encouraging more savings, investments, and production...

Rising prices encourage you to save?  If you can buy a car for a dollar today, and that car will cost you $1,000,000 dollars tomorrow (rising prices), you're going to put that dollar in a piggy bank?  I believe the phrase that best describes your economic outlook is "batshit insane."
What he meant is that when needed production is insufficient to meet demand, thus prices rising due to scarcity of production...

No.  See big red text.  Non-inflationary currencies encourage saving, not investing.  Saving means taking money out of circulation, e.g. stuffing it in a mattress or a mason jar.
iamback

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:55:25 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 12:36:57 AM by iamback

What is love?

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6627&cpage=1#comment-1402150

Quote from: me
As esr has explained in past blogs, love is obviously a bit more complex. Both sexes are optimizing their genetic mix. Men want to distribute their seed, as well select for the strongest intellectual and physical attributes for child rearing such as wide hips, larger breasts, and rarer beauty that will perpetuate the upward climb of the offspring. The woman's reproductive seed can't be distributed and she is dependent on the man and tribe for assistance in child rearing, thus her optimal strategy is social at the expense of analytical, to satiate a beta-male for support, and accepting seed from the alpha-males.

Feminism and the $157+ trillion debt bubble of the current round of collectivism has skewed the female strategy and radically lowered the fertility of western civilization. The global sovereign debt collapse correction will begin in earnest in 2016. The collapsing velocity-of-money, oil, copper, and Euro is the signal of collapsing global demand. The marginal-utility-of-debt is now likely negative; meaning saturation of ghost cities, bridges to no where, and duplicitous gas stations/strip malls every 500 meters.

An alpha-male possess[es] superior analytical powers that foster the strategies which create the status. A beta-male settles for lack of fearlessness, determination, genetics (e.g. strong immune system, etc), creativity, and analytical powers.

Competition is the generative essence of love. Perhaps beta-males (and females) wish for it to be easier, and vote for statism and other shortcut "insurances" that cement a collective lower status. Michael Jordan said in his famous Nike commercial, "...or maybe you are just making excuses".

In the fledgling Knowledge Age, are we in the process of transcending genetics where distributing our knowledge is a more robust evolutionary strategy?

Why men protect women

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6617&cpage=1#comment-1402088

Quote from: me
Quote from: esr
> men are outer guard and women are inner guard – female reproductive
> capacity is scarcer so women are not to be risked except in the utmost
> extreme

First time I read that, I thought you were implying the duration of each
women’s reproductive period is shorter than a man’s. I came back to post
the thought that one man could impregnate an entire tribe of women but not
vice versa, which I realize on second reading could be your implied
meaning.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
VectorChief

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:47:27 PM

What is love?

This. Smiley
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

...If the economy enters into trouble, prices will rise, encouraging more savings, investments, and production...
What he meant is that when needed production is insufficient to meet demand, thus prices rising due to scarcity of production...

No.  See big red text.  Non-inflationary currencies encourage saving, not investing.  Saving means taking money out of circulation, e.g. stuffing it in a mattress or a mason jar.

Complex topic here and worthy of some discussion. NotLambchop you and rpietila are discussing separate although not independent variables.

rpietila is addressing the destructive impact that inflation has when it is introduced as a mechanism to suppress price information. You are countering with the negative effects a lack of inflation has on growth.

These arguments are not mutually exclusive and in fact both are correct.

DropDead.Be

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:21:39 AM

i highly recommend for most, reaching certain stage in their lifes to get acquainted with this text:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/revelations_elitefamilyinsider.pdf

this is part 1 of 3 avaliable at the moment.
I read it all in one go. Thanks for this very nice "info" or point of view.
it's obvious this guy is on another frequency then most of us. I'm still not sure though.

He states "All knowledge is past on. Knowledge doesn't come out of nowhere."
But according to him it's our only goal to find our true purpose here/the true self, yet no one is allowed to tell us or we'll be stuck here for another lifetime. Seems dubious Cheesy

Maybe you can clear my thoughts.

Thx
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:02:46 PM

i highly recommend for most, reaching certain stage in their lifes to get acquainted with this text:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/revelations_elitefamilyinsider.pdf

it's obvious this guy is on another frequency then most of us. I'm still not sure though.

I have no problem with most of the advice presented regarding self control, personal responsibility, free will et. However, the comments get stranger the farther you go down the thread.

When the author states "I do not have a child and will never have one" and then goes on to give parenting advice... well lets just say my respect for the overall work took a nose dive. The argument that a baby cries because it is a soul horrified that it has been trapped in this physical realm is clever but there are other perhaps more plausible explanations like the pain of having your head forcibly smashed through a small opening. The skull in infants is not fused so the six bones are literally deformed and compressed so they can overlap when the baby passes through the birth canal. Babies are known to cry when they are scared or in pain.

I disliked all of the Christian bashing. While not religious myself I make it a point never to try to attack the faith of another. I view religion very much as a vaccination against many of the toxins in our society today both cultural and physical. Religious people by and large live in a healthier manner then most of the heathens like me. Intellect and discipline can get you there but it is a much windier path and easier to go astray.

There was nothing falsifable presented in this work. I walked away with the impression that this was some ones clever way to spread a personal belief system on a conspiracy minded forum. According to the PDF that means I am doomed to another life in the physical world. I can live with that.

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:12:50 PM

... this was some ones clever way to spread a personal belief system on a conspiracy minded forum. According to the PDF that means I am doomed to another life in the physical world. I can live with that.

True, most of what was presented was a seriously gnostic way of presenting beliefs and representing them as fact.

Just a different way of looking into the physical world from a belief systems viewpoint.

If it sounds out there, it's mostly because it's a quite developed belief system that has been mostly skipped over .. hence .. the repetition of the truth wanting to be known and bits of fact scattered amongst so many different things.

Most gnostics are generally interesting people to converse with, especially the ones that have looked deep enough into it. The last forum I spent quite a bit of time on would put me in touch with about one every few weeks or so.

Good times.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:07:26 PM

Non-inflationary currencies encourage saving, not investing.  Saving means taking money out of circulation, e.g. stuffing it in a mattress or a mason jar.

Saving is the act of not spending. Investing is the act of spending in the means of production. Consuming is the act of doing just that.

All of these can be excessive, which is an imbalance, but they also always correct naturally. Only state intervention can prolong misallocations so that they can last decades. In communist countries, investing (in further investment goods, but also army, etc.) became too big, and when it collapsed, the investments had depreciated to a point of many of them being near worthless. Excess consuming is a problem in the current U.S., whose manufacturing jobs are transported overseas, and replaced with services that pay 1/3. Excess saving is not a big deal though, it merely changes the value of money according to the QTM, making everythign cheaper for everyone else, both investment and consumer goods.

Prices are a result of people doing things, and a cause of them. Ideally, you should never meddle with the price process, because that is the only tool the Invisible Hand has. 99.9% of all economies, always through the course of history, have distorted prices in at least some goods, some time, somewhere. Always to their detriment. By letting the price of a thing fall, people would enjoy getting it cheaper, and also all other stuff would be cheaper as production would quicker migrate to other sectors. By letting it rise, more would be quickly produced and there would be no shortage.

Also the private stockpiling of critical items could and should be encouraged by allowing the hoarders to reap the profits of selling them when they are needed. Now the situation is same in the most civilized as in the most gloomy country: critical stockpiles of everything are readily seized without due process, without a hint of market compensation much less negotiation, in any kind of emergency. This encourages people to actively not think of any scenario beforehand and keeps them in the position of blissful helplessness and dependence of the government, who have the monopoly to help people in the crises that they have generated for the purpose of deepening the symbiosis (most of the crises, luckily, are not military in nature).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:39:48 PM

Non-inflationary currencies encourage saving, not investing.  Saving means taking money out of circulation, e.g. stuffing it in a mattress or a mason jar.

Saving is the act of not spending. Investing is the act of spending in the means of production. Consuming is the act of doing just that.

Investing is consuming?  Am I reading you right?
VectorChief

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:45:11 PM

But according to him it's our only goal to find our true purpose here/the true self, yet no one is allowed to tell us or we'll be stuck here for another lifetime. Seems dubious Cheesy

Thx

Not finished reading it yet but have an idea what he's talking about, its like schooling getting in the way of thinking, learning by rote is only memory whereas figuring it out for yourself is intelligence.
Imho its wrong to consider minds as isolated, everything going on inside each persons head with their only connection through the five senses. We're all part of a collective conciousness, some stuff goes on just inside our heads but the great ideas, trends, directions etc. are something shared, its no coincidence that many people have the same idea at the same time, the telephone, computing etc.
It seems to be growing more apparent as communications improve and this forum is a very good place to see it in action (if you can ignore the trolls), the tone and mood of posts change direction quickly and in synchrony like flocks of birds in flight changing direction and similar projects with the same kind of new ways of doing stuff pop up simultaneously all over the world. As communications make the world smaller we could well be on the dawn of the second coming and we're all it, all part of the same mind.

We come here and become forgetful for the sheer fun of waking up to the simple fact that We Are One!
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:57:52 PM

Hey, I know you!

I've been called Lucifer
I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and YOU can call me Dick

I've got a job to do
I work at the bank
I foreclose on delinquent loans
I am the one who can send shivers down the backs of innocent men
I have a job to do, and I do it well
Last week we took the farm of some deadbeat farmer
He killed off all of his cattle before we could auction them off
Let me tell you
That sort of thing really pisses me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcNdW9eLic
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:54:31 PM

Excess saving is not a big deal though, it merely changes the value of money according to the QTM, making everythign cheaper for everyone else, both investment and consumer goods.

I agree with much of what you wrote but not this.

By your own logic above excess savings (in excess of what the free market would normally dictate) reduce both investment and consumption. Reductions in both will reduce growth and general prosperity over time and thus I would argue that it is a big deal.

You argument that that QTM somehow negates this seems incomplete.

Quantity Theory of Money
Vt * M = P * T

Vt =  is the velocity of money for all transactions in a given time frame
M = total nominal amount of money in circulation on average in the economy
P = Price level
T = Aggregate real value of transactions in a given time frame.

At its heart QTM is a simple deterministic equation. Obviously if T widgets are sold for P dollars in a day and a total of M dollars changed hands then the amount of times each dollar changed hands is Vt.

However, to argue that excess savings changes the value of money via QTM is flawed or at least incomplete.

If I reduce M because I have saved it by hiding it under a mattress or placed it in cold storage all the QTM dictates is that one of four things will occur.
1) Prices will drop
2) The overall quantity of goods that change hands per unit time will decline
3) Each currency unit in the economy will change hands more often
4) Some combination of 1-3

The QTM does not dictate that excess savings will make things cheaper for everyone else via reduced prices. There are two other outcomes that will satisfy QTM where prices remain unchanged.

Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:40:15 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 09:27:23 AM by Morbid

Thx

this was the session in 2005 that covers only limited amount of topics. in 2008 somebody similar (or the same) turned up on russian spiritual forum where he/she continued. there were few economical hints and a strong stance on splitting up of ukraine. i could only find this translated version:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1379336/pg1

this is a more in depth third appearance on the american 'above all secrets' forum:
http://www.illuminati-news.com/00363.html#2

if you really want to dig deeper into the afterlife i would recommend reading this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives-ebook/dp/B001MTENOC
http://bazaarmodel.net/ftp/Project-C/Soul/JourneyofSouls.pdf

"the most amazing reincarnation story":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NYCFoQ6pRs

scientific reincarnation evidence by dr ian stevenson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NYCFoQ6pRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQwu7k1vk4

`i origins` film worth watching on this:
https://torrenthound.unblocked.pw/hash/6b6a3a5eb90818aa0b184390492335a4ddd3edfd/torrent-info/I-Origins-2014-1080p-BrRip-x264--YIFY

sorry if off topic.
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:04:54 AM

The economic devastation has only just begun.

It should climax end of this year - probably end of September!
VectorChief

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:30:30 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 11:22:52 AM by VectorChief

http://s22.postimg.org/xgv52gmul/Capture.jpg

Hey, I know you!

I've been called Lucifer
I've been called Satan
But my name is Richard, and YOU can call me Dick

I've got a job to do
I work at the bank
I foreclose on delinquent loans
I am the one who can send shivers down the backs of innocent men
I have a job to do, and I do it well
Last week we took the farm of some deadbeat farmer
He killed off all of his cattle before we could auction them off
Let me tell you
That sort of thing really pisses me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcNdW9eLic

Thanks for introducing yourself Smiley.
Of course you know me!

'Cause I am, whatever you say I am
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
I don't know it's just The Way I Am

Where are you hiding Big Brother? Smiley

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/008/soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

The BTCig Love is getting bigger than ever! Cheesy

http://bitcoinslover.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/908fbbaec7_slove.png
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:22:35 PM

Excess saving is not a big deal though, it merely changes the value of money according to the QTM, making everythign cheaper for everyone else, both investment and consumer goods.

I agree with much of what you wrote but not this.

By your own logic above excess savings (in excess of what the free market would normally dictate) reduce both investment and consumption. Reductions in both will reduce growth and general prosperity over time and thus I would argue that it is a big deal.

You argument that that QTM somehow negates this seems incomplete.

Quantity Theory of Money
Vt * M = P * T

Vt =  is the velocity of money for all transactions in a given time frame
M = total nominal amount of money in circulation on average in the economy
P = Price level
T = Aggregate real value of transactions in a given time frame.

At its heart QTM is a simple deterministic equation. Obviously if T widgets are sold for P dollars in a day and a total of M dollars changed hands then the amount of times each dollar changed hands is Vt.

However, to argue that excess savings changes the value of money via QTM is flawed or at least incomplete.

If I reduce M because I have saved it by hiding it under a mattress or placed it in cold storage all the QTM dictates is that one of four things will occur.
1) Prices will drop
2) The overall quantity of goods that change hands per unit time will decline
3) Each currency unit in the economy will change hands more often
4) Some combination of 1-3

The QTM does not dictate that excess savings will make things cheaper for everyone else via reduced prices. There are two other outcomes that will satisfy QTM where prices remain unchanged.

Dude, you're saying reducing the money supply will lead to lower prices for that currency?  What?

The exact opposite will happen.  That's why doge, in general, is worth much less (per coin) than coins with way less supply.

Price of a currency = transactions volume/velocity + 1/supply

Increase transactions or lower the supply (while keeping velocity the same or lower) and you will get a higher price.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:53:02 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 03:41:18 AM by CoinCube

Dude, you're saying reducing the money supply will lead to lower prices for that currency?  What?

Not at all. I am saying that a decrease in the amount of money in circulation can result one of three outcomes.

Only one of those outcomes is that P the price level of goods and services drops. It's a lot easier to understand once you realize that for the economy as a whole P*T = GDP. If you decrease M and Vt is somehow held constant then GDP drops.

To understand this just look at an extreme examples (things become more clear at the extremes).
Imagine that government suddenly mandated that 50% of everyone's after tax wages and half of all existing liquid currency be invested in 30 year government bonds. Say then then burned or destroyed all of the money used to buy those bonds and made it illegal to trade those bonds in exchange for goods or services.

In this admittedly ridiculous example we would expect all sorts of bad things to happen. One thing that would happen is a drop in the price level P for goods and services in the economy. The shopkeeper would still need to sell his goods to make a living. It would be impossible for him to charge the same or higher prices for his goods overall. People would simply not be able to pay the same prices they did in the past.

Now in this extreme example we would probably also see a big drop in velocity Vt and in the real value of transactions that occurred T as well. The result would be economic collapse. However, if Vt and T are somehow magically held constant the only thing that could happen in response to a drop in the amount of money in circulation is a drop in the price level. That is just basic math.

Obviously having fewer overall units of a desired but limited asset like cryptocurrency will not resulted in lower prices per unit for that asset. That has nothing to do with what I wrote. I simply showed that the quantity theory of money cannot (by itself) justify the claim that excess savings are no big deal because they make everything cheaper.  

Quote from: wikipedia
the equation does not require that a change in the money supply would change the value of any or all of P, Q, or P*Q. For example, a 10% increase in M could be accompanied by a change of 1/(1 + 10%) in V, leaving P*Q unchanged.

In the real world we are seeing a massive increase in M with a simultaneous decrease in Vt. The overall effect on GDP or P*T remains in some dispute.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:18:57 AM

Sometimes the comment section at zerohedge is quite good.

Asset Ownership And Our System Of Deepening Debt-Serfdom

Quote from: Wilcox1
History is clear in the light it sheds on the tendency of human societies to freeze into hierarchical structures and remain that way until the structure fails because it can no longer adapt.

This country (America) had the good fortune to come into being about the same time that communication accelerated making it possible for men who rejected serfdom to form a like minded group with an awareness of the conditions necessary to defend against it.

They did an elegant job.

It wasn't good enough. We again have the inevitable ridgid hierarchical structure.

Communications have again accelerated. The time has come for men who cannot live as serfs to recognize that we have come full circle.

An awareness is the primary requirement. An aware person acts locally using his convictions as a guide. If we are to be a nation of free men we must believe at the grass roots level that we are not serfs and act accordingly. A true American respects our Founders. A true American also would desire to be respected by our Founders.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:31:52 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 04:41:57 AM by CoinCube

I was curious today about what countries have the highest ratio of wealth * fertility.
As a simple measure of prosperity this multiple tells us which countries are both somewhat wealthy and
have a population that is reproducing.

Using median income would have been best but the only data I could find that included all countries was GDP (purchasing power parity) per capita. Source of data was https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

The top fifty countries sorted by the multiple of average fertility multiplied by GDP per capita.

Ranking    Fertility   Per Capita GDP
1    Qatar      1.92   102100
2    Bermuda      1.95   86000
3    Liechtenstein   1.69   89400
4    Luxembourg   1.77   77900
5    Monaco      1.52   85500
6    Equatorial Guinea   4.66   25700
7    Timor-Leste   5.11   21400
8    Kuwait      2.53   42100
9    United States   2.01   52800
10   Isle of Man   1.94   53800
11   Norway      1.86   55400
12   Brunei      1.82   54800
13   Israel      2.62   36200
14   Jersey      1.66   57000
15   Gabon      4.49   19200
16   Oman      2.86   29800
17   Switzerland   1.54   54800
18   Ireland      2   41300
19   Gibraltar      1.92   43000
20   Macau      0.93   88700
21   Cayman Islands   1.86   43800
22   Greenland   2.06   38400
23   Netherlands   1.78   43300
24   Sweden      1.88   40900
25   Iceland      1.88   40700
26   Australia      1.77   43000
27   New Caledonia   1.99   37700
28   France      2.08   35700
29   Faroe Islands   2.38   30500
30   United Kingdom   1.9   37300
31   United Arab Em      2.36   29900
32   Guernsey      1.55   44600
33   Canada      1.59   43100
34   Guam      2.38   28700
35   Saudi Arabia   2.17   31300
36   Denmark      1.73   37800
37   Bahamas, The   1.97   32000
38   Belgium      1.65   37800
39   New Zealand   2.05   30400
40   Finland      1.73   35900
41   Hong Kong   1.17   52700
42   Austria      1.43   42600
43   Germany      1.43   39500
44   Saint Pierre   1.56   34900
45   Bahrain      1.81   29800
46   British Virgin Isl.    1.25   42300
47   Japan      1.4   37100
48   Andorra      1.38   37200
49   Singapore   0.8   62400
50   Turks and Caicos    1.7   29100

The top of the list is definitly skewed by the tax haven countries which have atypically large GDP's due to the wealth hiding there. Others are skewed by a very high birth rate.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: