Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176974 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:57:52 PM

I still have my grain coins. I'll hold on to them for the long term.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:59:44 PM

I still have my grain coins. I'll hold on to them for the long term.

I am glad to hear this, Nullu.
DAoneG

Activity: 256
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:58:50 PM

I´m still on the grain train... holding my coins... Wink

with a fixed wallet we might get grainers.net back online... Wink

@ bee7: Is bosian still holding some of the premined coins??

bee7

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:08:01 PM

I´m still on the grain train... holding my coins... Wink

@ bee7: Is bosian still holding some of the premined coins??

I have no contact with him since February. In March I was really away from all this stuff. I doubt that he dumped anything.
bee7

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:29:05 PM

What platform do you use at grainers.net so I make a binary for it or you prefer to build the wallet yourself?
coinschaer

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:39:32 PM

so i can´t test "getblockhash" and also can´t give you the output of "getpeerinfo". So i start to dowload the blockchain again. At the moment i have 52% completed and a lot of already confirmed transactions, but nothing happend at my balance. Balance, stake and unconfirmed stay all together at 0,00.

Once you are fully synced, try running repairwallet in the debug console.

If that doesn't work, try the -rescan commandline option.

Note that if your tx was orphaned due to a fork it is likely that coins you mined were also on that (invalid) fork. You won't be able to use those once you are back on the correct chain.
Thanks, after "repairwallet" everything is fine my 6000000GRA wich never arrived at coinedup are back in my wallet and i get 300000GRA from stake. It´s fine to see that the silence at this forum is over. I hope we can bring grain back up again. It would be great if grainers.net will be back online.
bee7

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:02:04 PM

so i can´t test "getblockhash" and also can´t give you the output of "getpeerinfo". So i start to dowload the blockchain again. At the moment i have 52% completed and a lot of already confirmed transactions, but nothing happend at my balance. Balance, stake and unconfirmed stay all together at 0,00.

Once you are fully synced, try running repairwallet in the debug console.

If that doesn't work, try the -rescan commandline option.

Note that if your tx was orphaned due to a fork it is likely that coins you mined were also on that (invalid) fork. You won't be able to use those once you are back on the correct chain.
Thanks, after "repairwallet" everything is fine my 6000000GRA wich never arrived at coinedup are back in my wallet and i get 300000GRA from stake. It´s fine to see that the silence at this forum is over. I hope we can bring grain back up again. It would be great if grainers.net will be back online.

This means that you actually sent these 6mil being on fork. Good news.
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

I have no rabbit. As I mentioned I see a few problems with implementation and its fixing requires a hard fork. I don't want to go alone with it. To the moment I see only one reply that it will be good if I take over the coin. This is not enough to be sure that my efforts will be useful. I also said that I am not good with marketing. Yes, I can handle the technical things like keeping the exchanges and other services timely informed on wallet updates. But I have to rely on community support in development in a wide meaning of this term.

So, I ask again: are we ready to do something together?

Hi bee7,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! Yes, you should continue with the momentum you have started and lead the development efforts and solicit the contributions necessary to meet the communities mutual goals.
    I look forward to your commits at github and will test the Linux (headless) wallet from your repository when you are ready.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago

JL0z

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:45:41 PM

Hi bee7,

I have been involved with Grain from the beginning but had moved onto other coins since then.  I have updated my wallet and resynchronized with the chain.  I would really like this coin to be improved so am very supportive of your efforts.  Keep up the good work.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:00:11 AM

@bee7 Welcome back and best luck with your efforts. ol' dobbin might remember the way home, but it is very good to have someone with their hands on the reigns  Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
bee7

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:13:35 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 09:00:08 AM by bee7

Thank you all for warm words.

To keep you informed:

As I already mentioned I am presently making the transition to leveldb use and, more important, to multilevel organisation of the blocks database. The reason to do this is a big number of blocks in the chain. We just passed the block 600000 and this done in just 6 months and the chain expected to grow with the same speed. The full import of the preliminary filtered from orphans block chain file  (580000 blocks of the main Grain chain) requires about 7 hours on AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.40GHz (dual core) with the current official wallet. The start up of the current wallet also takes about 7-8 minutes (not counting the time to synchronize with network)! This has to be changed as otherwise no one will be able to use the Grain even with fixes of the PoW diff. Some improvements of performance already achieved: the full import of that sample requires ~20% less time with my current development version of the wallet.

Someone would ask: why I am talking about the import? This is not the regular task of a wallet. The answer is simple: the blocks that are read from the file are passed to exactly the same function ProcessBlock that is used to accept a blocks received from network. So, now this process takes 20% less time. In computing industry this means that you spend 20% less electricity to fulfill the task.  

Unfortunately, the Grain source code was forked from very old version of Novacoin. To be more precise, it seems that it had been forked from Bottlecaps which, in turn, is a fork of Novacoin (I see some comments/captions in different files that mention Bottlecaps). The sad thing that since source code forking not only bosian, but Bottlecaps dev as well, have not paid attention to the ongoing development and fixes released by Balthazar, his team and other people. So this is very old code and I am bringing it more or less in sync with Novacoin to make it possible merge in the required changes. This could not be done automatically as not every change in Novacoin code is relevant to Grain. The code is very big and quite complex, so this process is not fast.

I don't want to make any estimation now, but I put a goal for myself to finalize this when we reach the block 6300000 so we could schedule the fork at block 650000.

I am sorry for being so detailing. I understand that many of you are technically skilled people, but I think not all of you.

Regards,

bee7

Edit:

I forgot to say that I bought all domains: graincoin.org, graincoin.net, graincoin.info and graincoin.io. So if someone has web design skills and want to maintain the site then we could do this. The only problem is that I have no password to the 'master' site at http://graincoin.webs.com, so we need to find another hosting (as graincoin at webs.com is already occupied)

btc1210

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:03:47 PM

I still think using github pages is ideal. It's free and easy to update. You can even accept pull requests to allow others to keep things updated.
bee7

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

I still think using github pages is ideal. It's free and easy to update. You can even accept pull requests to allow others to keep things updated.

Yes, this could be a solution. Your arguments are undeniable.
coinschaer

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:48:15 PM

Thank you all for warm words.

To keep you informed:

As I already mentioned I am presently making the transition to leveldb use and, more important, to multilevel organisation of the blocks database. The reason to do this is a big number of blocks in the chain. We just passed the block 600000 and this done in just 6 months and the chain expected to grow with the same speed. The full import of the preliminary filtered from orphans block chain file  (580000 blocks of the main Grain chain) requires about 7 hours on AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.40GHz (dual core) with the current official wallet. The start up of the current wallet also takes about 7-8 minutes (not counting the time to synchronize with network)! This has to be changed as otherwise no one will be able to use the Grain even with fixes of the PoW diff. Some improvements of performance already achieved: the full import of that sample requires ~20% less time with my current development version of the wallet.

Someone would ask: why I am talking about the import? This is not the regular task of a wallet. The answer is simple: the blocks that are read from the file are passed to exactly the same function ProcessBlock that is used to accept a blocks received from network. So, now this process takes 20% less time. In computing industry this means that you spend 20% less electricity to fulfill the task.  

Unfortunately, the Grain source code was forked from very old version of Novacoin. To be more precise, it seems that it had been forked from Bottlecaps which, in turn, is a fork of Novacoin (I see some comments/captions in different files that mention Bottlecaps). The sad thing that since source code forking not only bosian, but Bottlecaps dev as well, have not paid attention to the ongoing development and fixes released by Balthazar, his team and other people. So this is very old code and I am bringing it more or less in sync with Novacoin to make it possible merge in the required changes. This could not be done automatically as not every change in Novacoin code is relevant to Grain. The code is very big and quite complex, so this process is not fast.

I don't want to make any estimation now, but I put a goal for myself to finalize this when we reach the block 6300000 so we could schedule the fork at block 650000.

I am sorry for being so detailing. I understand that many of you are technically skilled people, but I think not all of you.

Regards,

bee7

Edit:

I forgot to say that I bought all domains: graincoin.org, graincoin.net, graincoin.info and graincoin.io. So if someone has web design skills and want to maintain the site then we could do this. The only problem is that I have no password to the 'master' site at http://graincoin.webs.com, so we need to find another hosting (as graincoin at webs.com is already occupied)

That sounds all very great, but i think one of our first goal should be to get a working block explorer and a pool running. I sorry but i have no expirience in webdesign so i can´t help. But i think it would be better to make a really well designed website, the old one looks, sorry, a little bit shabby compared to most other coins.
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:31:31 AM

I am really happy that bee7 will take over the coin. He's the best person for it.

I left in March where I did everything I could and there was basically no activities in this thread and the coin, and I could not find a good marketing people for the coin. Also I was very busy at my own work.

As I stated before, in my possession there is still 100 mil GRAs from premine, and I am willing to hand it over to the next good marketing people who will commit to work and promote the coin. Since bee7 is taking over, I'll leave at his discretion to who this person will be. I always think Grain is a great coin, with many of its leading features.

I will no longer be actively involved in the coin, as my daily work load is not allowing me too much spare time on this. But I'll watch the coin, and in case if needed I can always help on the technical side to make the coin better.

I will discuss with bee7 on the website, github repo etc handoff and other things as needed.

Go graincoin! You are the best! Smiley
coinschaer

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Is there a possibilty to remove unconfirmed transaction from the transactionlist in my wallet? I have really a lot of them and all transactions made when i was at a fork are in front of the actual ones so i have to search every time when i will have a look on the actual transactions.
And another Question. Is it normal that i get 90% unconfirmed blocks when i mine solo with GPU? I get several blocks every second, thats a lot to much, but more than 90% disappaers after about 10 confirms. When i mine with -gen option of my wallet i get between 1 or 2 blocks a minute and only 1 block after some hours but they all get their 50 confirms.
bee7

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:05:52 PM

Is there a possibilty to remove unconfirmed transaction from the transactionlist in my wallet? I have really a lot of them and all transactions made when i was at a fork are in front of the actual ones so i have to search every time when i will have a look on the actual transactions.
Yes, that happens sometimes when you send coins that have been mined on fork and later you resync with the main chain. This is one of the problems on my list. I noted it on other coins based on the same old code.

And another Question. Is it normal that i get 90% unconfirmed blocks when i mine solo with GPU? I get several blocks every second, thats a lot to much, but more than 90% disappaers after about 10 confirms. When i mine with -gen option of my wallet i get between 1 or 2 blocks a minute and only 1 block after some hours but they all get their 50 confirms.
It is normal for the current implementation of the wallet. There is a number of different problems that lead to that bad situation. It should be better after I release the updated wallet.

coinschaer

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:26:53 PM

Coinedup f***** us another time!!! They close the GRA/mBTC market and put GRA to mLTC markets.
cryptomining

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:08:16 PM

up 600% on coin market cap
bee7

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:24:27 PM

up 600% on coin market cap

someone bought at swisscex everything starting from 0.00000017LTC and up to 0.00000054LTC. But this is only x3.17. How coin market cap counts?
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: