Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176974 times)
dvc420

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:24:32 AM

Whenever I start the wallet it freezes and I get not responding.  I've restarted and re installed.  Same problem.  Was working fine yesterday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:00:29 AM

Ack!  I thought I had lost about half of my GRA when I upgraded to the new client.  The transactions showed up in the wallet, but they weren't showing up under balance or stake Cry.

Fortunately, changing the wallet to wallet.dat.bak, starting a new wallet, and importprivkey with all of my private keys was able to solve the problem.

The effect you did may be achieved by simply start the wallet with option '-rescan'. The final effect is the same - the blockchain is searched for all addresses in a wallet and the balance is recalculated. When you import a key then it is also scanned to find all transactions with the address being imported.

Sometimes when wallet was not shut down properly due to any reasons the inconsistency between the actual balance and the balance shown may happen.

Edit:

You can't lose any crypto coins (built with bitcoin's technology) unless you lost your keys as all transactions are kept in the blockchain. So backup your wallet.dat regularly. It is a must thing to do when you update the wallet app.
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

At low diff it seems that it may have a lot orphans, but the block time is ok. When diff goes up the orphan seems goes down. Looks like the diff adjusting scheme is still not perfect. This situations also seen in many other pow/pos coins too.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

I just recieved a 2nd 25k GRA bonus even though I have not solo'd Grain since the first 25k payment. If this was a mistake, you are welcome to have it back.

I'm also seeing half my PoS blocks orphan after a few confirms.

bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:55:27 AM

I just recieved a 2nd 25k GRA bonus even though I have not solo'd Grain since the first 25k payment. If this was a mistake, you are welcome to have it back.

I'm also seeing half my PoS blocks orphan after a few confirms.

If you find this transfer in the posts 2330 and 2331 then please send it back to the address 9D2yGsiqBzq2qmX58pCi9jgNPLubNwGGfV (sure, you may deduct the tx fee).

Thanks
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:06:53 AM

I'm not the only one who was overpaid. lol

25k GRA SENT !

Date: 30/01/2014 03:01
To: bee7 9D2yGsiqBzq2qmX58pCi9jgNPLubNwGGfV
Debit: -25000.00 GRA
Transaction fee: -0.08 GRA
Net amount: -25000.08 GRA
Transaction ID: 27d2834ea62c6c449565e5c7d88d75f4273eff588937451967153787aa9f0067

bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:28:12 AM

Whenever I start the wallet it freezes and I get not responding.  I've restarted and re installed.  Same problem.  Was working fine yesterday.

I've noted since a few days ago that my wallet freezes constantly and uses more cpu than before...
bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

I'm not the only one who was overpaid. lol

25k GRA SENT !

Date: 30/01/2014 03:01
To: bee7 9D2yGsiqBzq2qmX58pCi9jgNPLubNwGGfV
Debit: -25000.00 GRA
Transaction fee: -0.08 GRA
Net amount: -25000.08 GRA
Transaction ID: 27d2834ea62c6c449565e5c7d88d75f4273eff588937451967153787aa9f0067

Thank you very much!
bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:33:01 AM

I've noted since a few days ago that my wallet freezes constantly and uses more cpu than before...

Unfortunately I can't even test the issue as I have no Windows. However, Bosian said that he did not note anything similar. Also, there is a post regarding freezes:

I am having a lot of trouble running the 1.4 wallet with minting.  I am running windows 7 and if I unlock it for minting it goes to non responsive.... Any ideas?

having same trouble, mostly when another running wallet grabs the focus. try: task manager>processes tab>sort by name, right click [grain]>set priority>DO NOT USE REALTIME   Grin

usually works for me, the realtime setting freezez my comp.  Wink
udjin123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:42:33 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 09:02:34 AM by udjin123

is it GRA or forkpool having the trouble?

Problem with cron at this nignt

Problem with cron at this nignt
I think its deppend from orphans blocks.
I try to fix this problem.

Problem with same height of block. Pool found two block with same height. One good and one orphan. After cron stoped.

PS Dont worry, all statistic keeping and all payouts will be sent
bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:47:02 AM

Unfortunately I can't even test the issue as I have no Windows. However, Bosian said that he did not note anything similar. Also, there is a post regarding freezes:

I am having a lot of trouble running the 1.4 wallet with minting.  I am running windows 7 and if I unlock it for minting it goes to non responsive.... Any ideas?

having same trouble, mostly when another running wallet grabs the focus. try: task manager>processes tab>sort by name, right click [grain]>set priority>DO NOT USE REALTIME   Grin

Changing priority does nothing.
It's really strange because before the cpu load was high only when started and then was minimal while stayed open. Now it's constantly high and "not responding" most of the time...
Illusmare

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:06:19 AM

It's really strange because before the cpu load was high only when started and then was minimal while stayed open. Now it's constantly high and "not responding" most of the time...
Had no problems with my wallet at any point. When I run the wallet it has some effect on gaming but once it has synced it runs smoothly. Using windows 8.1.

I think I will try to make a FAQ that could be added to OP as the same problems keep popping up on every 2nd page. Smiley
bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:40:15 AM

Had no problems with my wallet at any point. When I run the wallet it has some effect on gaming but once it has synced it runs smoothly. Using windows 8.1.

I think I will try to make a FAQ that could be added to OP as the same problems keep popping up on every 2nd page. Smiley

It will be nice, please go on Smiley
coinschaer

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:49:28 AM

Whenever I start the wallet it freezes and I get not responding.  I've restarted and re installed.  Same problem.  Was working fine yesterday.

I have the same Problem some days before, I have to take a scurecopy of my wallet.dat and all Blockchaindatas form Wallet 1.3 and than it works. I am using Linux so I copied the comlete hidden directory should be the same like user/Roaming/.... Im not sure if this will help on windows.
mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:28:12 PM

At low diff it seems that it may have a lot orphans, but the block time is ok. When diff goes up the orphan seems goes down. Looks like the diff adjusting scheme is still not perfect. This situations also seen in many other pow/pos coins too.

Most of miner got 20~45% orphans,

Too many orphan makes the miner feel so uncomfortable even they got the reasonable number of blocks base on your target,
It can be allowed rarely, not much like the graincoin.
Even it is true or not, miner feel something steal their efforts,
Actually, that is true,
Orphans means they use their own hashing power for mining a useless block,
Technically, some kind of orphans can be happen with very small block time mostly within a second (so many finder within very short time),
     Typical delay of cgminer from GPU      15~25ms
     Network delay                                   10~250ms (mostly, < 100ms)
     Windows task scheduling delay           15~16ms
     QT notification and broadcast delay     < 5ms (estimated)
     **** even consider the overall delay, it is less than 0.5seconds
     **** ok, some body has experienced some abnormal delay, but, it can not be an answer, not only me has this issues,

but, in Graincoin, it is happen even after 5~10 seconds,
It makes a lot of lost hashing power,
And, IT makes miner's are leaving this mining of this coin,

I feel something wrong
     (1) delay of receving boardcast from the other network ?
     (2) wrong timestamping on PoS (using start of stake, instead of solved time), and it is applied on block chain lately
          --- Personally, I suspect it
          --- it can makes everybody waiting till he solve,

I want to say, many other pow/pos coins are having similar problem, BUT, NOT ALL
It means, It is a prblem and many PoS/PoW coins have,

Before you just counting the generated blocks, I wish you put more time to remove this problem,

(1) why PoS blocks are noticed and chained on the block chain with delay ?
(2) what is the most delay time ?

One of funny thing, I have testing with two computer

(1) A computer has some blocks and it is under PoS mining
(2) B computer has clean wallet, and just PoW ming
(3) I got a notification from B computer, it is found a block
(4) After couple of seconds (I am sure, longer than 5 seconds), I got a notification from A computer, it is found a PoS block
(5) Just guess
(6) Yes, on block chain has listed A computer's PoW block
(7) and, the block has replaced with B computer's PoS block

Two computer have same local time setup
Two computer are runing under same network
Two computers are running Grain-QT with Realtime mode and no other softwares are runing which can took network or others

Base on this test,
    (1) This coin is ignoring the basic rule of FIRST FINDER OF BLOCK RULE
    -OR-
    (2) my computer is under so mysterious states

I wish The other miner verify it,

Have a nice day
bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:54:46 PM

This assumption is wrong. The block that propagated through the network faster wins. It even may have timestamp in the header 'younger' than yours (actually the header timestamp is not considered when wallet takes the decision on what is the best block), but if the miner that find that competing block is connected better than you, if his blocks propagated faster than yours then your blocks will be orphaned. In the PoW/PoS hybrid this decision is also affected by the actual PoW/PoS ratio in the recent past.
mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:25:00 PM

This assumption is wrong. The block that propagated through the network faster wins. It even may have timestamp in the header 'younger' than yours (actually the header timestamp is not considered when wallet takes the decision on what is the best block), but if the miner that find that competing block is connected better than you, if his blocks propagated faster than yours then your blocks will be orphaned. In the PoW/PoS hybrid this decision is also affected by the actual PoW/PoS ratio in the recent past.

Yes, I want to think like that, how you can explian ?
[time stamp is an example; computer time / time in block explorer]

FIRST CASE :

1. 00:00:40 // 00:00:30 #10000 PoW has listed, and it has been listed on Block Explorer (outside of network)
   2. 00:00:45 // 00:00:35 #10001 and the other blocks are connected on the block (I got 1 confirm) and shows on block explorer
   3. 00:00:55 // 00:00:20 #10000 has replaced with PoS in block explorer
   * PoS block has been found on 00:00:20, so, PoW blocks (00:00:30/00:00:35) are orphans : techinically no problem, and it is right

You have mentioned about "Propagation", How long it will takes to progaration ? How will deicde what it the first [timestamp on packet] ?
   Most of time, within 1-2 seconds it has been updated as Orphans, but, some time, How can it makes 5-10 seconds delay ?

Techinical issue
       this orphan block are connected in my local block chain because of it has confirmed [It means it has propagated to the other server also, NOT just in my local wallet, it is what difference from the general orphan]
       after while, QT detect, it is orphan block and fix the block chain again

Yes, It can be happen, but, JUST VERY RARELY, NOT FREQUENTLY

AND, it is in trouble of QT or ?

SECOND CASE :

1. 00:00:30 // 00:00:05  #10000 PoW has found and listed in Block Explorer
    2. 00:00:35 // 00:00:04  #10000 PoW has replaced with PoS with 00:00:04 timestap

It is happen on two computer under same network,
    (A) one is mining with 2.2MHs with clean/no-PoS QT, (B) the other is just running QT with PoS mining
    (A) cgminer shows a acceptance, and records are put into QT (PoW),
    After 5 seconds (At least)
    (B) QT shows a acceptance, and reocrds are put in to QT (PoS)

I have running Safari BlockExplorer on iPad,
     When, I got notification from (A), I am keep refresh and chekcing
    - (A) records has listed on block explorer {AT Least ONE the other computer, Not Just in Local]
    after while
    - (A) records is gone, and (B) record is there

Actually, it is too hard to understand with "Propagation",

Just say, QT has reports PoS block(B), and it is going to every where EXCEPT computer (A) which in the same network, EXCEPT block explorer's comptuer
    and, Computer (A) reports PoW after 5 minuties, and ONLY (A) computer and Block Explorer's Computer are got this notice,
    and, Unknown (C) computer find a new PoW after 5 seconds and noticed to (A) computer, and Block Explorer's computer
    But, (A)/(B)/(C) QT aware the blocks are orphan, and they fix the block chain

1. How (A)/(B)/(C) can decide ? base on the time stamps on the packet header ?
    2. Technically, it can be happen, I am not saying it is impossibe things,
        But, I want to ask, How frequently it can be happen ?

---------
@Bee7

I am not saying, this coin is making an impossible situation because of everything is possible technically,

Single orphan, it can be happen, It can be happen in low Diff coins, what is the possiblity when consider the network rate and diff of this coin ?
* 30~45% now

Multiple chained orphan with the other server, it can be happen also, what is the possibity when consider the network rate and diff of ths coin ?
* hard to say, but, I can find couple of case within a hour
* just refresh block explor, can find easily,
* actually, when I got notice from QT, immediately, I am check block explorer and keep refresh to check what it will happen.

Have a nice day
bee7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:56:56 PM

@mkimid

OK. You found a block. It got to the node that runs block explorer so you see the same picture there. At the same time (a few seconds or milliseconds later) block explorer receives a notification that some third node, to which you have no direct connection, found a block with the same height. The explorer's wallet retrieve that block but nothing changes as both blocks are of the same height. The explorer's wallet informs in turn that third node that it has alternate block. While all these things happened that third node found a new block based on it's previous block as it is continuously mining like you. It also send a notification to the block explorer's wallet. Then the longest chain wins. Explorer's wallet switches to it and informs you about the changes. Your wallet has nothing else than to drop it's own chain.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:01:30 PM

How does Grain's code look when you compare it to LKY, BUK, STR, MEM, COL, MPL ect ... ??

Orphans.. glitchy PoS/PoW .. .how many other similarities will be found ?

UPDATE:

Looks like this coin has also fallen victim to the negative target spacing problem that has plagued many other coins recently; however, this one seems to have failed much earlier. Last proof-of-work block was accepted around 8th October 2013. scrypt/proof-of-work mining would have stopped working at this time.

I tried a short run of test mining and the behaviour is identical to the other coins such as ADT, CDC, ORB etc which have the same bug: miner finds a block, but the client quietly ignores it, never announcing it to the network.

There is one strange difference I've noticed when compared to the other failed coins. My client appears to be minting proof-of-stake blocks that are of the same value (8+ Maples) as a proof-of-work block, but the network is reporting the expected smaller amounts of a proof-of-stake win (0.03 or lower)

My client says I generated this block and was granted 8.03843900:

{
        "account" : "",
        "category" : "generate",
       "amount" : 8.03843900,
        "confirmations" : 172,
        "generated" : true,
       "blockhash" : "da42cd01bd50a31fa62dc92f88193b8b4cdcc8120ff4db293659a755b257610e",
        "blockindex" : 1,
        "blocktime" : 1388184041,
        "txid" : "29eb59bd78293fd17fd0158d08593144ae25e6c664c26b9d82a2930e23c21ad7",
        "time" : 1388184041,
        "tx-comment" : "",
        "timereceived" : 1388184041
    },

But viewing block da42cd01bd50a31fa62dc92f88193b8b4cdcc8120ff4db293659a755b257610e directly, says the network only minted 0.01440100, and that it's a proof-of-stake block:

{
    "hash" : "da42cd01bd50a31fa62dc92f88193b8b4cdcc8120ff4db293659a755b257610e",
    "confirmations" : 172,
    "size" : 415,
    "height" : 46004,
    "version" : 4,
    "merkleroot" : "7638ccb3f2fa211653a77928d019f45c5a0555d1bfe3f66d64b507c9d8fef445",
   "mint" : 0.01440100,
    "time" : 1388184041,
    "nonce" : 0,
    "bits" : "1e00ffff",
    "difficulty" : 0.00390625,
    "previousblockhash" : "095fa298f1eace4692d139b1c48e9dd350b4a6711228b798bd596754e4c18ed2",
    "nextblockhash" : "9d3a5853df07ba76f20bdd821b110a34ecd8f135d27cf086cd985c62b1795388",
   "flags" : "proof-of-stake stake-modifier",
    "proofhash" : "000005537eec502ca34a408317da3ab33c263ee8b5f3aef755eb5e1968b143ce",
    "entropybit" : 0,
    "modifier" : "07c26fe21ffac077",
    "modifierchecksum" : "30498a3c",
    "tx" : [
        "8d71db4788c75d7411b9c72a65db33d9291dd1384ec180a9a979db87e7dbf496",
        "29eb59bd78293fd17fd0158d08593144ae25e6c664c26b9d82a2930e23c21ad7"
    ],
    "signature" : "3046022100dd3507628db2f9175f39083ab1b2fb74f78988e097a97db5be0c3508a5be5a8602210 0e13af2a5cef9e1257ad5b7e7ed61f89b1b70fa5151e706e482131fbff1f981fa"
}

So although Maples can't be directly mined right now, it looks like those who hold a balance and keep their client running may be still able to mint normal block amounts. (?!) My balance is increasing, and I was able to send the entire amount to another address (which I realise now I shouldn't have done - no more PoS for a while!), so it looks like those 8+ PoS numbers my client is reporting are real.

I guess that leaves us in a weird elitist chicken and egg situation where you already need to have coins, in order to be able to generate new coins. Mind blown.

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:07:08 PM

Graincoin needs to be on http://www.worldcoinindex.com/ and http://www.coinwarz.com/

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: