Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMC] EMERCOIN — Blockchain Service Platform. PoS&PoW | BTC merge-mined  (Read 393644 times)
KleinMatthias

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:05:36 PM

Strange. So I finally got my QT wallet to sync but my balance is 0. COuld someone send me some EMC so I can make sure it works? Thanks!

EKaRRFysLikt7Mf6NuH1mSoJrvRZSLy7Qu

Thanks a lot!
Matt
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:37:15 PM

Need websites selling stuff in EMC now...   Grin

KleinMatthias

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:34:19 PM

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that feature, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
EMC: EKaRRFysLikt7Mf6NuH1mSoJrvRZSLy7Qu

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.
stas

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

selling 10000 EMC

namjar

Activity: 361

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:53:43 PM

Anybody send me some?

EKWKKoUYR9Cu4a5L7cBLkW2kC37nnjQdxJ

thanks!

I am trying to study how to use Cgminer

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MessyCoin

Activity: 458

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:23:24 AM

I have sent a small amount of EMC to all who asked Smiley Enjoy!

I may send out more in future to support established users or people who provide useful services for EmerCoin, if I can afford.

Seems like there is continued discussion about this coin on the Russian forum and with a decent hash rate this coin seems to be alive. Hopefully we will see some emerging services soon.

I appreciate the Developer to make updates to information in the initial post, and also readers of the Russian forum to continue to relay important info and updates regarding EMC to this forum.

EarthcoinMOON

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:41:14 AM

I would love me some too! thanks!!

EHfch2eKkAAt9B5qQMHWNiqCsAh9uh8cHY
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:34:10 PM

Selling 100000 EMC for 1 BTC. pm me

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:22:36 AM

why there will be no exchange for this coin?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
sulas

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:40:08 PM

Please send me some emercoins for New Year! I can't mine anything with current difficulty.

EHm4YVfcfjheExo9vQ3CHasJ1e85Z4HJed
namjar

Activity: 361

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:07:50 PM

I have sent a small amount of EMC to all who asked Smiley Enjoy!

I may send out more in future to support established users or people who provide useful services for EmerCoin, if I can afford.

Seems like there is continued discussion about this coin on the Russian forum and with a decent hash rate this coin seems to be alive. Hopefully we will see some emerging services soon.

I appreciate the Developer to make updates to information in the initial post, and also readers of the Russian forum to continue to relay important info and updates regarding EMC to this forum.

Oh... MessyCoin, thanks for you gift for the new year! I got coins, thank again.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Fixx (OP)

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:15:09 PM

Not selling yet?

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:23:50 PM

WTS 15000 EMC
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 02:24:11 PM

Need websites selling stuff in EMC now...   Grin

Emercoin - Cryptocurrency of Emergence - 8 GB USB Auctions - only for EMC.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399891.0

Includes free international shipping. Let the bidding commence !  Cool

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Fixx (OP)

EMC

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:30:48 PM

Emercoin - Cryptocurrency of Emergence - 8 GB USB Auctions - only for EMC.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399891.0

Includes free international shipping. Let the bidding commence !  Cool

Good news!

Start small, and there to the Commodity CryptoExchange will grow!

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:17:41 AM

Not selling yet?

Not at that rate anymore, 30000 EMC for BTC now.

novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:25:50 PM

Not selling yet?

Not at that rate anymore, 30000 EMC for BTC now.

Where did you find this infomation?

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
MessyCoin

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:52:45 PM

For those interested, some bounty information has been kindly presented at the following places:

1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403718.0
2. http://emercoin.org/bounty.html (website version)

So if you wish to contribute towards EmerCoin and perhaps be rewarded for development, that seems a good place to start!

I am sure all feedback and suggestions will be welcome Smiley

EarthcoinMOON

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

WTS Emercoins. Lots of 5k EMC for 0.08BTC each ! Or make me an offer!
Fixx (OP)

EMC

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:06:27 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 05:27:37 AM by Fixx

Well, the first month has passed from the start . Time to include purse mode PoS generation coins.

How to do it ?

I wrote above where you want the file emercoin.conf and write in reservebalance=0

If the coin bag lay month, a new mine mode (Stake) becomes available. To activate it , you need to run the client and temporarily unlock command ( if the purse was with password) :

emercoind walletpassphrase password 1000000 true (emercoind.exe located in the folder where you have installed the client , by default - C: \ Program Files (x86) \ EmerCoin \ daemon)

If everything is correct , after a while the lock icon will move from a closed to an open state "unlocked for block minting only" ie Search mode blocks PoS on.

The longer it is online , the greater the probability of finding the blocks.

Your reward is proportional to the number of coins in a purse in the annual 6% of the amount.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: