Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43403 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:22:44 PM

you can go there

https://discord.gg/wvQ9CHq

and go mining channel

and search : "yes they are real"

it s there

I don't really care much for discord. I do care about scammers on this forum so I need to find their username on Bitcointalk.

I don't know what that means. Someone calling themselves "BITTUBE Official" said something on discord... do they have a Bitcointalk account?

You'll find people from bittube in their announcement thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2856278.0;topicseen

The one named "BITTUBE Official" on discord - what's his/her username here on Bitcointalk? Is that "smaram"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:48:44 PM

I don't know that, but smaram is a member of bittube, he should be able to tell you if the guy on discord truly is a staff member / dev / CEO or whatever
bittube also have an official twitter (not verified yet): https://twitter.com/BitTubeApp
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:01:00 PM

This is getting weirder and weirder
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:19:45 PM

If you search "Dwarf" in the official Bit.Tube discord, you can read some info from the main Admin of their discord. Apparently he purchased one or more, received it, verified that it worked. Then after spending more time with it, realized it wouldn't hash for more than 20-ish minutes. He either inferred or talked to the Dwarf team directly, that they created the miners, they weren't stable, so they were selling these faulty miners to finance their next round of miners that would hopefully work. So it looks like they never intended to share these devices, but simply were selling them to cover their own costs. Why they would send faulty miners at all is beyond me. This is from the main Bit.Tube guy, but take it with a grain of salt.

Here is the invite to do your own searching:

https://discord.gg/mZ5EAz
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:55:13 PM

I don't know that, but smaram is a member of bittube, he should be able to tell you if the guy on discord truly is a staff member / dev / CEO or whatever
bittube also have an official twitter (not verified yet): https://twitter.com/BitTubeApp

I have sent a PM to smaram, waiting for a response.

If you search "Dwarf" in the official Bit.Tube discord, you can read some info from the main Admin of their discord. Apparently he purchased one or more, received it, verified that it worked. Then after spending more time with it, realized it wouldn't hash for more than 20-ish minutes. He either inferred or talked to the Dwarf team directly, that they created the miners, they weren't stable, so they were selling these faulty miners to finance their next round of miners that would hopefully work. So it looks like they never intended to share these devices, but simply were selling them to cover their own costs. Why they would send faulty miners at all is beyond me. This is from the main Bit.Tube guy, but take it with a grain of salt.

Yes I saw that. The story sounds highly implausible so the bittube guy is likely in on the scam. It was promised to post some pictures and details about the chip but I couldn't find any of that happening.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:45:25 PM

This is no shock if the miner isn't stable.  It was pretty much implied with the OP's youtube videos.  There is a reason those weren't left running for very long so that anyone could validate performance.  The video clips were very short duration and strung together which was an immediate red flag.  So kinda curious who Bittube is and why the OP shipped one unit to him. 

I kinda expected the OP to ship these unstable boards to everyone and then disappear.  Instead he just skipped a step.  Go figure....
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:06:16 AM

This is no shock if the miner isn't stable.  It was pretty much implied with the OP's youtube videos.  There is a reason those weren't left running for very long so that anyone could validate performance.  The video clips were very short duration and strung together which was an immediate red flag.  So kinda curious who Bittube is and why the OP shipped one unit to him. 

I kinda expected the OP to ship these unstable boards to everyone and then disappear.  Instead he just skipped a step.  Go figure....

I would be shocked if the thing mined anything at all even for 20 minutes and/or if anybody other than the scammer ever seen it. It looks to me like a dummy board with some faked output. Surely bittube wouldn't have any reason to not cooperate if requested e.g. to demo the miner in a comprehensive video or to send it to a trusted member. Unless bittube == the scammer.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:04:13 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

if anybody is looking for the scammer:

Пaлexoв Дмитpий (Ryangunning@bigpond.com) canceled the following money request:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Money request details

Amount: €1 340,51 EUR

Date: 29 may 2018

Note: For #0148
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:04:56 PM

He didn't skip a step and neither he planned to ship any kind of product weather it worked or not. Don't invent more conspiracy theories. It went as he planned. Why waste money shipping on stuff that doesn't work, you would still call it a scam. And the thing is why even bother shipping the product even if it works, the way it works here, it's like stealing a candy from a kid. There is no way you can catch him and he knows that.
But I am interested in the story of that BitTube guy. If that shitcoin owner doesn't give answers soon then we should burn that shitcoin to the ground.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 02:25:34 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 05:28:34 PM by suchmoon

if anybody is looking for the scammer:

Пaлexoв Дмитpий (Ryangunning@bigpond.com) canceled the following money request:

Money request details

Amount: €1 340,51 EUR

Date: 29 may 2018

Note: For #0148

Appears to be an Australian e-mail address with a Russian name on it, possibly a hacked PayPal account. Unfortunately the name is too common to lead anywhere yet.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:03:52 PM

Someone get Bruno in here to start his googlefu on these scraps of info.
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 05:41:54 PM

well, one day you will learn. I hope.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Renzarra

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:26:39 PM

Did anyone got hands on this and tried it?
I'm curious how hard it is to setup up one of these.
smaram

Activity: 122
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:12:11 PM

some poeple should be really carefull what they are saying in here, lawyers will have fun to protect my rights.

you can ask me in a normal way, without this shitty garbage.

i told on our discord cleary don‘t buy it, because they dont work, also this guy exodussian, in a dm conversation, i told him don‘t buy it! against all what i told him, he thinked he is clever and can reboot the device every 20min, i am not responsible for your decision, i have not put the gun on your head to buy it, and i have not did anykind of advertisent for it,  for no one of you! you decided by your self, like i did and we are all scammed, what a surpise in this crypto world, scam from ico, tg groups and and and.

and when you copy paste images, then copy paste also the sections where i am saying dont buy it because they dont work.

and what kind of stupid idiot you must be? this scammer put so much effort to be hidden on all, and to think that  i have something todo with this in public.. why should be somebody so stupid!!

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

some poeple should be really carefull what they are saying in here, lawyers will have fun to protect my rights.

you can ask me in a normal way, without this shitty garbage.

i told on our discord cleary don‘t buy it, because they dont work, also this guy exodussian, in a dm conversation, i told him don‘t buy it! against all what i told him, he thinked he is clever and can reboot the device every 20min, i am not responsible for your decision, i have not put the gun on your head to buy it, and i have not did anykind of advertisent for it,  for no one of you! you decided by your self, like i did and we are all scammed, what a surpise in this crypto world, scam from ico, tg groups and and and.

and when you copy paste images, then copy paste also the sections where i am saying dont buy it because they dont work.

and what kind of stupid idiot you must be? this scammer put so much effort to be hidden on all, and to think that  i have something todo with this in public.. why should be somebody so stupid!!

Please show us where you said "don't buy". Also provide proof that you actually have the device in your hands and post the name and address of whoever sent it to you on the Investigations board:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=227.0
smaram

Activity: 122
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

when somebody tells you the devices doesnt work longer than 20min and then it crashes, do you go to buy it? anyway habe some private dm messges, will share tommorow (right now on mobile)

i sayed this also to exodussian as soon i am back from germany, will try to analyse what i have and share it, it is also in my interest to find him.

russypt

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:47:37 PM

I am a little confused - I saw the bad review of this thing from smaram where he said it was a POS. I guess he didn't give it a rating but it seemed like a 1/5. Are people mad at him for endorsing it? I basically walked away with the impression he was dissing it, and it didn't work without constant care, if at all. At that point I just forgot about it, so I'm surprised people bought it based off his advice to stay away from it? What am I missing?

edit: Also sorry to hear you guys guy scammed, that sucks.  Sad
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 09:59:48 PM

I am a little confused - I saw the bad review of this thing from smaram where he said it was a POS. I guess he didn't give it a rating but it seemed like a 1/5. Are people mad at him for endorsing it? I basically walked away with the impression he was dissing it, and it didn't work without constant care, if at all. At that point I just forgot about it, so I'm surprised people bought it based off his advice to stay away from it? What am I missing?

edit: Also sorry to hear you guys guy scammed, that sucks.  Sad

Here is what I've seen:

https://i.snag.gy/ujXKva.jpg

Specifically:

they are real
it works, but not stable
just a matter of time to solve this
good to have a test device
cant be used for 24/7 at the moment
will do this week more tests

I don't see anything even close to "do not buy". On the contrary, it was stated that it's just a matter of time to solve the stability issue.

But the bigger problem here is whether the device ever existed and how did smaram get it. This doesn't make any sense but I'll reserve my judgement until we get more proof, or not.
russypt

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:03:29 PM

Here is what I've seen:

https://i.snag.gy/ujXKva.jpg

Specifically:

they are real
it works, but not stable
just a matter of time to solve this
good to have a test device
cant be used for 24/7 at the moment
will do this week more tests

I don't see anything even close to "do not buy". On the contrary, it was stated that it's just a matter of time to solve the stability issue.

But the bigger problem here is whether the device ever existed and how did smaram get it. This doesn't make any sense but I'll reserve my judgement until we get more proof, or not.

Ah I see, people expected they could probably mitigate the stability issues by just power cycling it every 15-20 minutes, which can be automated, and that is what people were hoping for. And commenting on it basically confirmed it existed at all?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:13:34 PM

Ah I see, people expected they could probably mitigate the stability issues by just power cycling it every 15-20 minutes, which can be automated, and that is what people were hoping for. And commenting on it basically confirmed it existed at all?

"BITTUBE Official" explicitly stated that the device is in his/her hands and mines at 20 KH/s. That goes far beyond merely commenting on it, particularly considering that Dwarf refused to ship a sample to anyone here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: