Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:38:45 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 07:50:47 AM by gameboy366

Are you an average GPU miner who screams GPU mining will never die but knows inside that he will never ROI ?
Do you think ASICs are stealing your profit and mainstream media's anti-crypto reports are not helping ?
Do you think you always miss the opportunity and enter only when it's too late ?

Well NoT Anymore !!!! *BOOM*

Hello, I am Anthony "Sully" Sullivan and this is DWARF MINER - Mankind's first step into space colonisation. It is made with latest in cutting edge technology that is used in space stations by NASA !!!

The secret is it's xillion core vcu35 ray tracing john cena dynamite flux capacitor fpga that is so powerful it can slice through time !!!! ASICs don't stand a chance !

This is the next leap forward in cryptocurrency mining !
This device is so advance I'm shitting my pants
Dwarf Miner is Future ! Dwarf Miner is Now !

Big companies hate us for this and they are blocking our Account. You have to hurry !
Due to insane amount of orders we have only few of these left, BUT if you order within next 15 minutes we will throw in another Drawf Miner for FREE !!!

That's double the power !!! You will break the NETWORK!!!!
It's a HUGE value for €299 @sshole !!!

If this Deal doesn't put you on the EDGE of your seat, then
you are on edge.of.bullshit.

So stop the whining and start the mining ! Mine with dwarf miner - The miner of 22nd century
                 *Using more then 3 Dwarf Miner in parallel could
                   open wormhole.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:53:08 PM

Has anyone tried it? or Ordered it?

3000 out of the 5000 units inventory is already sold, you can see the counter of remaining units on their "website". People would buy anything if there's enough noise around it. I really want to see the outcome of this whole deal. OP said delivery of first batch starts on june 18, so let's see if he doesn't vanish before.

If they are still communicating once the 5000 units are sold i guess that will be a good indication that it's not a scam wouldn't it ?
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:56:56 PM

3000 out of the 5000 units inventory is already sold, you can see the counter of remaining units on their "website". People would buy anything if there's enough noise around it. I really want to see the outcome of this whole deal. OP said delivery of first batch starts on june 18, so let's see if he doesn't vanish before.

If they are still communicating once the 5000 units are sold i guess that will be a good indication that it's not a scam wouldn't it ?

Sold does not mean paid. I am not paying anything until I see a proper Paypal Invoice and confirm it with Paypal.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:16:26 PM

No, once the ship dates come and pass... and if people receive something, and it actually works as described, then it will mean something. 

I have seen projects where the project leader kept communicating, then when ship dates weren't met the excuses started, and then at some point it was no longer a missed date it massively overdue and the "project leader" then vanished... 

The only thing that remotely gives this any credibility at the moment is the fact they are accepting Paypal(assuming that the buyer has protection).
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

No, once the ship dates come and pass... and if people receive something, and it actually works as described, then it will mean something. 

I have seen projects where the project leader kept communicating, then when ship dates weren't met the excuses started, and then at some point it was no longer a missed date it massively overdue and the "project leader" then vanished... 

The only thing that remotely gives this any credibility at the moment is the fact they are accepting Paypal(assuming that the buyer has protection).
Except for Paypal, if it's a scam I dont see the point to continue to communicate once 5000 units are sold but that's just me.
We will see in 18 days now
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:39:43 PM

Except for Paypal, if it's a scam I dont see the point to continue to communicate once 5000 units are sold but that's just me.

Then there would be a batch 2, duh... lol
Longsnowsm

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

Batch 2, get that batch 2 up and taking preorders before the first units get into anyone's hot little hands to try it for themselves... Get as many of those babies sold as possible before any bad news hits....

If anyone is following the other FPGA thread the price for entry is a LONG SHOT from where this unit is at.  So there is a HUGE disconnect somewhere.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:57:38 AM

If this is a legitimate project it would be very easy for him to get a test unit to a well known trusted member here that will in exchange give a full and fair review of the product and of course pay for the unit if they decided to keep it, or send it back based on the OP's requirements.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 01:02:19 AM

Are you an average GPU miner who screams GPU mining will never die but knows inside that he will never ROI ?
Do you think ASICs are stealing your profit and mainstream media's anti-crypto reports are not helping ?
Do you think you always miss the opportunity and enter only when it's too late ?

Well NoT Anymore !!!! *BOOM*

Hello, I am Anthony "Sully" Sullivan and this is DWARF MINER - Mankind's first step into space colonisation. It is made with latest in cutting edge technology that is used in space stations by NASA !!!

The secret is it's xillion core vcu35 ray tracing john cena dynamite flux capacitor fpga that is so powerful it can slice through time !!!! ASICs don't stand a chance !

This is the next leap forward in cryptocurrency mining !
This device is so advance I'm shitting my pants
Dwarf Miner is Future ! Dwarf Miner is Now !

Big companies hate us for this and they are blocking our Account. You have to hurry !
Due to insane amount of order we have only few of these left, BUT if you order within next 15 minutes we will throw in another Drawf Miner for FREE !!!

That's double the power !!! You will break the NETWORK!!!!
It's a HUGE value for €299 @sshole !!!

If this Deal doesn't put you on the EDGE of your seat, then
you are on edge.of.bullshit.

*Using more then 3 Dwarf Miner in parallel could
                   open wormhole.

The most accurate approximation of a real sales pitch....  I am awaiting being proven wrong Smiley

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:32:26 AM

Sold does not mean paid. I am not paying anything until I see a proper Paypal Invoice and confirm it with Paypal.

again paypal can still and your credit card can still (amex) tell you to screw off...due to the fact ..in a previous post you were paying not a company

but a guy overseas....they love loopholes like that....(not gonna reimburse you cash for sending $$$ to a person just cause you say he will sell you equipment)

be careful, paypal and cc can also be played

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:34:09 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 01:58:42 AM by DwarfMiner

For all who asked for a paypal but did not receive the invoice.
Your orders are fixed in the system and goods are reserved for you. Do not worry, your miner will not go to another.

It is very difficult to refute charges because evidence is required only from us.
Any man can say: this has the wrong screw color! And I have to prove the color is correct...
I'll try below.

--I build a lot of analog equipment for fun, and I've often found perfectly reputable sellers that did not accept PP credit.
In fact, paypal is a purely US fetish. Europeans prefer direct transfer to our european bank, Asians and Russians - crypto.

--but 100Mbps or less uses 4 pins while 1000Mbps uses 8 pins.
Yes.

--If it is a bait and switch they will keep this going for 45 days and then you are stuck on the pre-order...
The first batch ends on June 18. It's less than 45 days.

--Notice the bold highlights.....
--thanks to the vigilance of customers
Yes, I do not hide the problems. Would it be better for people to send money to a blocked account? At that moment, we did not know what the problem was.
Paypal consultant have explained to us there were many calls with the questions about of account name. Paypal reacted to the concern of users.
But now we see that any group of users can block our account at any time.
This is not only our money, but also obligations to the buyers. Approximately 140 paypal orders were processed and about 800 in the queue. I'm not ready to be responsible for paypal errors or random events.
Now we are discussing how we can use paypal further.

--He did that, and he'd get 'tons' of orders on a positive review.
We were forced to connect programmers to the processing of orders, because the manager can not cope  Tongue

--Basically, he doesn't really care if we trust the legitimacy of his product
it's not a true. It's a really small batch for the word's crypto market. This is a batch of samples.
Testing the device it's three weeks minimum. It's business. Who was the first, he gathers the cream.
Last time, the Baikal cut the price for the Giant N by half when a competitor appeared. I do not have the opportunity to lower the price more.
Further, 5000 are almost sold in less than a week. We plan to release the next batch of 25,000 pieces. By that time, users from around the world will test the devices unassisted by "trusted users".
Tell me one reason to lose timemoney for trusted users?  Undecided

--So videos where he's "mining" with this miner can be easily faked.
Power consumption, heating, it is also easy to fake in game?

--Like really, you create your own FPGA, yet can't even throw in your own website/domain?
Yes. Because FPGA developers do not make websites.
In the next step we will make our own website. Now we are using a ready-made tool designed for this work.

--those 1200 people who paid with paypal gets their money back
Maybe that's why I'm reporting problems with paypal... [sarcasm]

-- If this would be legit he wouldn't have any problems with this.
Paypal and the bank account in euro zone was registered for a Mickey Mouse. You exposed us  Grin [sarcasm #2]

--Really wish they would release open source software though...
I do not think the verilog source will help to many peoples.  But this will definitely lead to the appearance of Chinese clones.

--But this whole pre-order/payment scenario
Scamers on the contrary try to get money asap.
In addition, about half of users do not add shipping or purchase shipping ONLY.  Roll Eyes  If this were paid, this would lead to more problems.

--if everyone receiving the unit goes to XMR this will increase the network hashrate by 8% so this is far from what bitmain and baikal did to the network
If we combine chips into an array, we can get 200, 400, 1000 kh from one miner. But such miners bring down the market and the exchange rate. The diff and hr will grow, but not a profitability of eatch miner. This is a rat race.
We do not aim to destroy the network. And we are mining on our devices and we sell it. Youtube bloggers are doing the same, but sell information.

--Just so everyone knows I tried to place an order through paypal on their site for 12K for giggles.
Yes, I see your order in the system https://mega.nz/#!WHRWhTxT!Vsi1NyUjFVd_tON6dYnFTeccShHKD3E3bLfozqGTOD0
Thanks for the information, your order was canceled.
And you're not alone. A lot of merry idiots are hamper the processing of orders https://mega.nz/#!SSgQhB7D!mL3-18fjn6PaGQvyS_YZbM0fMED-44ue5S65H2qUW5U
As a result, real users do not receive their invoices on time.

--No invoice was ever sent and now the paypal payment option is removed from their site.
To prevent loss of money from users.

--I wonder why he ignores the testing/reviewing by forum members.
I have repeatedly described the reason here. The time between forks is too short to lose a month for the test.

-- Why such a short test?
Because paypal account has no problems. We provided documents, visited security office and the problem was resolved. But this alerted us now.

--Dwarf Miner is Future ! Dwarf Miner is Now !
Perhaps we'll launch it into the space soon. [no]

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:37:00 AM

Except for Paypal, if it's a scam I don't see the point to continue to communicate once 5000 units are sold but that's just me.

If in 18 day that corresponds with the 45-day max to get a refund by PayPal comes into play..beware..the same game that alpha-tech used with PayPal and credit

cards..once past the 45 days for PayPal without a dispute already on file and everyone got stuck on those imaginary miners on that missed deadline and supposed

PayPal and credit card security

edit: re-read previous post to this..it's for sure..it is a SCAM! No doubt in my mind now Smiley (sorry for those on your loss on ordering) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:43:57 AM

--again paypal can still and your credit card can still (amex) tell you to screw off...due to the fact ..in a previous post you were paying not a company
It does not matter. The company can be registered remotely. If the money will be stolen, Paypal will not refund them to you and will point to the insurance company of state. I do not understand the holy faith to paypal.

--dit: re-read previous post to this..it's for sure..it is a SCAM! No doubt in my mind now
Why is always more negative comments? Because everyone wants to express dislike.
The rest does business  Wink
rapterofparadox

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:01:47 AM

--again paypal can still and your credit card can still (amex) tell you to screw off...due to the fact ..in a previous post you were paying not a company
It does not matter. The company can be registered remotely. If the money will be stolen, Paypal will not refund them to you and will point to the insurance company of state. I do not understand the holy faith to paypal.

--dit: re-read previous post to this..it's for sure..it is a SCAM! No doubt in my mind now
Why is always more negative comments? Because everyone wants to express dislike.
The rest does business  Wink

Can you do a live webcast to demo the unit and take direction from a legendary member?  I mean, there has to be something you can do here to show more detail about the miner.
olseh

Activity: 128
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:20:48 AM

I'm so tempted to place an order... my heart is saying yes but my head is saying no. There's so many questions yet there is also something here... it doesn't look like what's being show is not real hardware. I really don't know what to think
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:31:43 AM

I'm so tempted to place an order... my heart is saying yes but my head is saying no. There's so many questions yet there is also something here... it doesn't look like what's being show is not real hardware. I really don't know what to think

Are you serious, put the wallet down.  Mining profits usually arent made with a new flashy machine, just through building your mine and hard work figuring stuff out Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:40:52 AM

If in 18 day that corresponds with the 45-day max to get a refund by PayPal comes into play..beware..the same game that alpha-tech used with PayPal and credit

cards..once past the 45 days for PayPal without a dispute already on file and everyone got stuck on those imaginary miners on that missed deadline and supposed

PayPal and credit card security

Credit card disputes in the US can be filed up to 60-90 days after the purchase, some even later than that. There are some banks that have a one-refund-no-questions-asked policy.

It's not just PayPal, it's also the ability to use credit card protection. This covers outright fraud as well (most of the time) even if you run with the money.

You seem to be deliberately lying now in an attempt to downplay the removal of PayPal payment option. Makes me wonder what else you've been lying about.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:42:20 AM

There should already be one off these test units running on an address that everyone can see and monitor.  We should already be able to see that it hashes at the rate stated, is stable, and is legitimate.  That should have been step one.  Let alone getting one into the hands of someone trusted to also test.  But that appears to be "too much" for the OP.  

Go back and watch the youtube videos he posted  They are like a patchwork of 30 second clips.  You never just see this miner run nonstop for any period of time.  So there is no evidence so far that there is a working product that will run under the kind of conditions that we put miners through.

This is all just too much for the OP to waste his time doing... Testing, demonstrating, providing proof, putting samples in the hands of people who would be glad to help him... But he says he doesn't need that.  

Now add to that if that miner ends up on a slow boat from China to your location your 45 day window to contest this will be up.  

The OP acts like we are asking for the moon.

There are some very bright people who are working on FPGA's on this forum and the price for entry is 3000-5000 to start according to them.  But you are supposed to believe that it can be done for 300-500 bucks?  

So that either means the members here that do in fact have a history here and have a reputation that is respected are telling us it will take 3000-5000 per copy to do this we are saying they are the scammers and liars, and this 300-500 buck wonder with no trust or credibility here is the one telling the truth?  

Sorry, I am going to believe the guys that appear to playing it straight with us and that the real cost to get this done is going to be at LEAST 3k a pop.  So I will hold on to see what they come up with and watch for the shock and dismay, and screaming about how you were ripped off and someone should have done something about it.  We tried, you didn't listen.

I will be happy to eat crow if this turns out to be legit, but so far I just don't see that happening.
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:45:28 AM

China chips almost for free to europe so why adding the extra €80 if you only need 1 device?
What a bold statement!
Chinese have a space program. One chip from there can cost as your home  Roll Eyes
wong7181

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:51:57 AM

so tempting but i would like to wait for 2nd batch perhaps.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: