Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:46:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
lovecoinsbit

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:14:12 AM

scam shit.

stupid people buy shit, and retarded buy scam shit. it is your call people. being stupid or be retarded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:05:51 AM

This cables.

My guess: looks like 2 power cables, probably going to the same wall socket. One for the monitor, and one going behind the monitor to the power supply.
It's true, it seems to be the power supply cable.

https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/wa-data/public/site/img/6-2.jpg

whats the black cable on the left?
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:27:12 AM

This cables.

My guess: looks like 2 power cables, probably going to the same wall socket. One for the monitor, and one going behind the monitor to the power supply.
It's true, it seems to be the power supply cable.

https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/wa-data/public/site/img/6-2.jpg

whats the black cable on the left?
Looks like it's going to the orange temp monitor at the bottom of the screen
Smashingmanson

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:00:30 AM

They are programmers not business men from what I can read and tell. Just because you know how to fix a computer doesn’t mean you know how to sell one too. How many thought Halong was a scam too? Just sayin.

Im sorry but that logic is flawded, he said the whole batch was prepaid, that means they have access to several hundred thousands € (or whatever the cost price was).
Who is gonna invest that kind of money without a proper business plan and presentation? That also means this would have been a long development process.
And yet they rush the simple things, like review, proper videos, website, etc.

The amount of red flags is insane and the biggest one is they dont seem to care at all.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:23:14 PM

They are programmers not business men from what I can read and tell. Just because you know how to fix a computer doesn’t mean you know how to sell one too. How many thought Halong was a scam too? Just sayin.

Im sorry but that logic is flawded, he said the whole batch was prepaid, that means they have access to several hundred thousands € (or whatever the cost price was).
Who is gonna invest that kind of money without a proper business plan and presentation? That also means this would have been a long development process.
And yet they rush the simple things, like review, proper videos, website, etc.

The amount of red flags is insane and the biggest one is they dont seem to care at all.

Of course they doesn't care, as it is a self proclaimed more than a 5000 orders sold

In reality, we sold even more than 5000.

without a proof  Cheesy
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:24:34 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 07:32:42 PM by DwarfMiner

--No, is your chip an ASIC?
This is a MCM of our design.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-chip_module

--Has a similar look to the chip on their eval board
This is a standard case. Many chips are produced in it.

--1.  There appears to be 2 cables coming out of the right side of the monitor.  Leads me to believe that the video source isn't really that board.
--2.  Why the hell does that board have a vga port to begin with?  Seems rather odd considering the video displayed looks like an 8-bit nintendo and provides little information.
If there is another cable, why make an 8-bit video?

--4.  In the other video he used an ipad that we couldn't see very well as "proof"  Why couldn't he have just mirrored the display like he did in this video where he was showing the config?
Then you would say that this video is mounted.

--5.  The LED lights on the network port aren't even lit up or blinking!  That network cable isn't even plugged into anything.
Approximately every five pages I explain - not all connectors have LEDs. Compact connectors do not have LEDs.

--LOL indeed the LAN port lights is not even working.
LOL Not all know super secret technologies https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=1-406541-1
We seriously think about making a blue backlight in the next version. Now we understand why the GPU looks like Christmas trees.
Nada nos pertenece en propiedad más que nuestros propios sueños...

-- why you dont use it for you and all profit will go to your wallate Huh
we use it for ourselves too.

--What is purpose of the PSU terminal that isn’t being used on the power supply plug?
Starting the power supply. My PSU has a jumper and does not need it.

--If you look at this pic:  https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/wa-data/public/site/img/6-2.jpg  you can see the psu power cable goes out the left side.
Consumption of one miner in idle mode is too small and the power supply does not start. You can see the hard drive behind the power supply. It creates a load.
With two miners and more such a problem is not actual. Also helps to turn on the fan, LED lighting or other loads.

--Still bizarre that there are a bunch of other unneeded led lights on the board (voltage indicator?!?!) but not anything to show network traffic.
The power indicator shows the correct power supply. The load indicator shows how much the chip is loaded.
Why look at network traffic if you see this in a pool page? Installing a connector with indicators would increase the width of the board.

--Can this be configured for static IP or does it use DHCP only??
DHCP only at now...

--They say: we can't show our product because people will copy it.
--Thats nearly impossible because you need the exact same electronics and code for the chip.
It is easy to calculate who made the chip and order a clone from him.

--It's another bullshit because everyone can do it on ebay and if your product is legitimate you can set it on Ali.
If you plan big sales, you must register as a resident. Or you can use easty :-)

--They must be releasing the orders of people who didn't send payment yet? I saw 47 remaining on the order page... then 93... now 51?
If the buyer does not pay the goods on time, it returns to the store. Now there are few pieces of goods and these fluctuations are more noticeable.
About half of the orders are not paid. Yesterday we refused to buy some buyers, today 60 items were defrozen...
We have 500 units reserve for such a case and for case of replacement of defective ones.

--Could you clarify that these mysterious cables are seen on the right of the screen in the videos?
These are the power cables. The AC socket is on the right.
On the first video, it is pulled directly. On the second video it dives under the table. Videos was shot at different times.
oscarpark

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:47:32 PM

Well, I've watched "#4. Temperature monitoring" on youtube and saw "valid shares" increasing 620 to 621 at 0:42 to 0:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXTMISGV8s

Then I ordered it and I hope this is not a scam.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:12:07 PM

@Dwarfminer

Is a cable for power supply included? In the movie, things connecting to peripherals were used. Do I need to make it by myself if I do not belong? Then tell me how to make it. Wink Wink Wink
melpheos

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:59:53 PM

@Dwarfminer

Is a cable for power supply included? In the movie, things connecting to peripherals were used. Do I need to make it by myself if I do not belong? Then tell me how to make it. Wink Wink Wink
Apparently, they will include a molex connector with each board so you can just connect it to you PSU but you will probably need to shunt the PSU connector to start it up if you are not using enough cards
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:33:15 PM

--Is a cable for power supply included? In the movie, things connecting to peripherals were used. Do I need to make it by myself if I do not belong? Then tell me how to make it.
The adapter cable comes with each one, but it's much easier to cut the wires and clamp under the bolt.

--to shunt the PSU connector to start it up if you are not using enough cards
In any case, you need to pull down the PSU contact to the GND. Without this, the power supply (ATX type) will not turn on.
You can make it directly or through the connector on the board.
easymonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:44:17 PM

@Dwarfminer

How many do you anticipate for batch 2? And when would that start? I wonder how many could flood the market since you've seen a strong demand already.
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

--Is a cable for power supply included? In the movie, things connecting to peripherals were used. Do I need to make it by myself if I do not belong? Then tell me how to make it.
The adapter cable comes with each one, but it's much easier to cut the wires and clamp under the bolt.

In any case, you need to pull down the PSU contact to the GND. Without this, the power supply (ATX type) will not turn on.

Have you tested any limits on setting a certain amount of miners up on a parallel connection? Or maybe it is better to buy a few Bitmain PSUs if doing a larger scale?
melpheos

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:35:24 PM

Have you tested any limits on setting a certain amount of miners up on a parallel connection? Or maybe it is better to buy a few Bitmain PSUs if doing a larger scale?

The limit is molex connector power limit and your cable gauge limit but if one board consume 10 watts and the limit is 11 amp per pin, you can power up at least 6 cards on one molex chain (60w split between the 12v and 5v)
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:48:43 PM

@Dwarfminer

Apparently, they will include a molex connector with each board so you can just connect it to you PSU but you will probably need to shunt the PSU connector to start it up if you are not using enough cards
I suppose you could also just connect one (or several) to a PSU powering an existing rig, as the miner only draws 10W...? There's no need for the PSU to be dedicated to the Dwarfminer(s) only...
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:41:55 PM

@dwarfminer

The request for you guys to program for a new coin setup will be per miner unit or overall of however many you own? Also are you taking these requests now and if so how to go about doing so?
junkieforcoinzzzz

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:13:27 PM

Basically this is no different to every other scam.  To me these are scams of opportunity in that when there is a bit of down turn in the crypto scene these things come out that are too good to be true, FPGA are old news....this isnt new.  This reminds me when cloud mining was new….look how that turned out.  This thread and the other one (much more clever scam than this one) will end up going the same way = someone profits in a market where no money is to be made whilst ripping off the masses with fancy promises.

IF any of these are real they would show a working model with no bs and fucking around.. but NONE of them have done it.

Mid you there are working fpgas out there for other algos all working.  Old as fuck but..they are out there than these trashy ideas
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:27:03 PM

LOL does all people here are still interested in this FPGA miner scam???  Cheesy
Pages of pages are the evidence that you can really think yourself. Just leave and stop this thread here, please.
If you keep adding the pages and comments it will start to grab another noob attentions.
If you look at true FPGA miner, look at @whitefire thread. It's a legit FPGA miner. The rule of thumb is always simple; you got what you've paid for.
If a thing is good to be true, then it should be a scam. As simple as that Wink
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:24:18 AM

I remember when I was younger and seeing the infomercials late at night on how to make millions in real estate.  My father said back then, “if you’re making millions in real estate, why on earth are you on TV selling workbooks and video tapes!”.  This reminds me of that...
TheRealCashen

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:30:07 AM

I remember when I was younger and seeing the infomercials late at night on how to make millions in real estate.  My father said back then, “if you’re making millions in real estate, why on earth are you on TV selling workbooks and video tapes!”.  This reminds me of that...

All those awesome ads in comic books.
:DTM.

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:37:02 AM

@DwarfMiner, there are still a few simple things I don't understand.

Your team wants to keep anonymous, no identity given, no address given, no tax paying, no man's land living.

1. Where on earth is this kind of business legal?  Mafia-ruled countries?  Criminal distributed outer spaces?

2. How can you possibly handle customer support from nowhere (defective product replacement...)?

3. Why the hell would you ship the products, once you got the money in advance and nobody knows who you are and where you are?

In real biz, identity is the costly "collateral" we all provide to ensure and receive credibility and trust.

Acting like a deep-web merchant you're choosing the same level of drugs, arms and organs dealers.

Without any ethics and corporate responsibility, who/what warrants you'll "behave" and maintain your promises?
Is it just the greed to make more money with another batch?

Gotta go back to real world... :DTM.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: