Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43403 times)
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:50:19 PM

why in this device use 8 pin of the LAN (Rj45)
on the board you can see that all contacts are used

for the device would be 4 contacts
it looks like a fake

I am not sure what you mean, but 100Mbps or less uses 4 pins while 1000Mbps uses 8 pins.

Why would either imply fake?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 12:57:19 AM

WARNING! Due to a large number of requests to verify the account from buyers, the paypal organized an additional verification for us. Invoicing is now frozen by the paypal until the end of the check for your safety. Please do not pay bills if you have not already done so. If you have already paid, be quiet, your money is under paypal protect.
It's not a paypal's block! The account functions normally and all funds are available.
If you do not want to wait you can request a chargeback. We will confirm cancellation the order from our side and the paypal will return all the payment to you. We will save your place in the queue and the order number to pay in another way. Our bank works perfectly. Payments via direct bank transfer and crypto too.

This sounds like bait and switch. If you intended to pay via PayPal be very careful. Don't get suckered into paying via irreversible payment methods.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:12:45 AM

WARNING! Due to a large number of requests to verify the account from buyers, the paypal organized an additional verification for us. Invoicing is now frozen by the paypal until the end of the check for your safety. Please do not pay bills if you have not already done so. If you have already paid, be quiet, your money is under paypal protect.
It's not a paypal's block! The account functions normally and all funds are available.
If you do not want to wait you can request a chargeback. We will confirm cancellation the order from our side and the paypal will return all the payment to you. We will save your place in the queue and the order number to pay in another way. Our bank works perfectly. Payments via direct bank transfer and crypto too.

This sounds like bait and switch. If you intended to pay via PayPal be very careful. Don't get suckered into paying via irreversible payment methods.

Only protection on paypal is by credit card...and only if within the 45 day period. If it is a bait and switch they will keep this going for 45 days and then you are stuck on the pre-order...

(or how it was done in the past with butterfly labs, gaw and alpha-tech by the by)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:16:39 AM

Well, I’m willing to risk $500 to find out what this is all about, but I don’t know I wouldn’t encourage anyone to make this purchase. It is all the pieces of an elaborate scam, and all the attempts to send a review unit, get any independent confirmation, etc. are not happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.

Just look at how all these other hardware introductions went before you risk the $$$...

Look at how pandaminer stepped in just the same way this guy did;  but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.

I'm getting out a HUGE bag of popcorn for this..... especially after my ignored requests for validity from the OP some pages back... that are STILL unanswered to this day.

--but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.
How often does the ETH change the algorithm? Pandaminer is just a bunch of GPUs in a vanilla box. There is no problem to check it indefinitely.

--and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member
Because it's sold without this Wink

--1.5M € is no joke and this whole process should be taken more seriously.
This is the annual salary of ten FPGA developers. Without taxes, rent and equipment.

--I replied to the invoice email they sent me asking for clarification about 8 hours ago - no response yet, although to be fair.....timezones
A lot of orders and problems with paypal, thanks to the vigilance of customers. We do not issue new paypal invoices until we solve this problem.

Notice the bold highlights.....

Now let me re-quote his reply to my statement:
--but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.
How often does the ETH change the algorithm? Pandaminer is just a bunch of GPUs in a vanilla box. There is no problem to check it indefinitely.
Please explain to me how this answers or is EVEN RELATED to the statements I have made in this comment, and in past comments/questions.....

Red flags guys.

Yes... this product could be real;  but who on earth would expect to be able to do legitimate business with someone of this low level of comprehension???

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:39:32 AM

Has he even 'offered' someone like Philima1957 or Longsnowsm (did A4 pre-orders and others group buy)

or anyone else a unit to get and review yet? He did that, and he'd get 'tons' of orders on a positive review.

Without that there is no way I'd get this. Just common sense.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:46:28 AM

I am happy to sample a unit, I will pay full price once it arrives and does what it says it will do.

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:22:49 AM

I am happy to sample a unit, I will pay full price once it arrives and does what it says it will do.

This is a win-win right here!
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:40:18 AM

sadly, for the sixth or seventh consecutive time, it will go on deaf ears.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:33:58 AM

sadly, for the sixth or seventh consecutive time, it will go on deaf ears.

yeah....if this was legit....people would be writing articles on this...as it is no proof no articles thus no good press...thus no sales...so the evidence is that it is

either a 1) a scam or 2) they have their head up their ass on how to really move asic product with a review

pass

be nice if I was wrong in the future...sounds like an ok toy in concept..but then again I always wanted to be Natalie Portman's "love puppet" but some things

are not meant to be....

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:13:09 AM

also many "mass" supporters are mostly low post users;  many were < 5 post users.

If it is indeed a real product, I will eat crow.  no worries there.   I am only offering sound logical advice to all users of this board.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:49:26 AM

also many "mass" supporters are mostly low post users;  many were < 5 post users.

If it is indeed a real product, I will eat crow.  no worries there.   I am only offering sound logical advice to all users of this board.

Yes ive noticed that from start.  Wink

2 guys from my pool almost got it but ive warned them about the danger. Now they are waiting for more info.

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
ght3d

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:58:48 AM

Has he even 'offered' someone like Philima1957 or Longsnowsm (did A4 pre-orders and others group buy)

or anyone else a unit to get and review yet? He did that, and he'd get 'tons' of orders on a positive review.

Without that there is no way I'd get this. Just common sense.

Brad

I asked why, and he answered:

--and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member
Because it's sold without this Wink

Basically, he doesn't really care if we trust the legitimacy of his product, and just wants to sell and profit from it. Knowing how big of a minefield mining is, i'm staying away from this one, but grabbing popcorn and snacks to see what's gonna happen next.

BTW, anyone can hook up a real gpu miner and mine in the background to the same address as shown in the video, simultaneously showing a dummy board and generating numbers on a screen. So videos where he's "mining" with this miner can be easily faked.
Lalli

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:59:47 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 06:11:47 AM by Lalli

After some thinking I'll leave this one alone. Very tempting and great device if it works as promised, but still too many things not confirmed.
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:19:07 AM

The thing that threw me off instantly was the website. Like really, you create your own FPGA, yet can't even throw in your own website/domain? Piggy backing off https://www.webasyst.com/cloud/ means that you aren't really in it for the long haul or just want something up quick and easy for show to dump later. Even Baikal has their own domain/website and we know how well they are in their communication... lol

If I was truly evil, I can create a product and website easily with video that looks like it's running from a classic Atari game and offer crypto payment, bank transfer, and paypal to insure confidence/safety in people.

Lets say 1500 people bought it, 1200 people paid with paypal, and 300 people paid crypto just because they want to use crypto or their funds are tied in crypto.

If there's a chance if that it does turn vaporware, those 1200 people who paid with paypal gets their money back, no problem for both parties. Owner doesn't care, cause 300 people paid in crypto, so win-win.

Now time to shutdown generic website and move onto next project.

Then again, I could be all wrong, this is just how I see it. For now....
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:31:47 AM

The thing that threw me off instantly was the website. Like really, you create your own FPGA, yet can't even throw in your own website/domain? Piggy backing off https://www.webasyst.com/cloud/ means that you aren't really in it for the long haul or just want something up quick and easy for show to dump later. Even Baikal has their own domain/website and we know how well they are in their communication... lol

If I was truly evil, I can create a product and website easily with video that looks like it's running from a classic Atari game and offer crypto payment, bank transfer, and paypal to insure confidence/safety in people.

Lets say 1500 people bought it, 1200 people paid with paypal, and 300 people paid crypto just because they want to use crypto or their funds are tied in crypto.

If there's a chance if that it does turn vaporware, those 1200 people who paid with paypal gets their money back, no problem for both parties. Owner doesn't care, cause 300 people paid in crypto, so win-win.

Dwarfminer should post more info but anything can be faked.
I just hope this is a true thing but everything is not bought on the first batch so i can buy more. At worst i would have lost one month of mining revenue
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:08:41 PM

yeah....if this was legit....people would be writing articles on this...as it is no proof no articles thus no good press...thus no sales...so the evidence is that it is

either a 1) a scam or 2) they have their head up their ass on how to really move asic product with a review

pass

be nice if I was wrong in the future...sounds like an ok toy in concept..but then again I always wanted to be Natalie Portman's "love puppet" but some things

are not meant to be....
Yeah, I totally agree. Let the idiots burn their money with this.

Although,  I still doubt anyone paid him money yet.

I still don't get why he is avoiding a review from someone trusted or at least escrow. If this would be legit he wouldn't have any problems with this.

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

I'm not buying, but my gut feeling here is that this is not a scam, it's just that the guy posting doesn't speak english that well, and the people doing this know their hardware shit but have no idea how to run a business. That having been said, I'm definitely not spending a cent until we get some confirmations.
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:20:33 PM

I'm not buying, but my gut feeling here is that this is not a scam, it's just that the guy posting doesn't speak english that well, and the people doing this know their hardware shit but have no idea how to run a business. That having been said, I'm definitely not spending a cent until we get some confirmations.

I think that pretty well sums it up.  If the board really does what is shown, they could get 2x the price they’re asking and it’s still a good deal for miners.  Really wish they would release open source software though...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:23:36 PM

There have been many scams using spiffy websites and fancy domain names so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against them. But this whole pre-order/payment scenario and also the refusal to provide samples is definitely a red flag. I would not send them any irreversible payment.
gvb

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

interesting project... if it's real.

This would be nice to put in my cellar (cool) but then it needs wifi.

I wonder why you can buy shipping for €80 extra?

China chips almost for free to europe so why adding the extra €80 if you only need 1 device?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: