Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3447 times)
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:02:23 PM

Any kind of rebranding should have been done nearer the beginning of the coins creation, now it is too widely used so rebranding would be difficult. Stick with bitcoin, there is already too much confusion with bitcoincash and other variants

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:22:24 AM

No i think its no! because bitcoin was already change many thing in our world and you could use it for many purposes like being alternative bank or stocking your money with some gaining or profit.

Bitcoin is really very popular in the world and many people believe it for it name. I don't think if we change the name of Bitcoin, something will change.

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 10:57:06 AM

Probably not a good idea. Bitcoin already has it's name decently spread out to the masses; even though people's impressions with bitcoin are probably 50% positive 50% negative. Also knowing rebranding bitcoin might just be an easy win for BCH. Just my 2 satoshis though.

I also believe it bro, bitcoin nowadays is getting a huge value thanks to people that believes and actually uses them for their businesses. Changing anything of its brand would get it worse because as of now its very easy to make a brand but its hard to make it famous. Another reason is that people would get confused of the old and new brands as it can also targeted by scammers because its easy to make a fake brand or look.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:08:59 AM

No i think its no! because bitcoin was already change many thing in our world and you could use it for many purposes like being alternative bank or stocking your money with some gaining or profit.

Bitcoin is really very popular in the world and many people believe it for it name. I don't think if we change the name of Bitcoin, something will change.

That is also my opinion on the theme. I do not think that it would change anything to positive. Rather, I think it would even be a disadvantage if you were to rename Bitcoin. The name Bitcoin is already well known and stands for crypto currencys. In addition, Bitcoin forks like BitcoinCash could say that they are the real Bitcoin, if the real Bitcoin no longer bears the name Bitcoin.  Wink
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:10:22 AM

Probably not a good idea. Bitcoin already has it's name decently spread out to the masses; even though people's impressions with bitcoin are probably 50% positive 50% negative. Also knowing rebranding bitcoin might just be an easy win for BCH. Just my 2 satoshis though.

I also believe it bro, bitcoin nowadays is getting a huge value thanks to people that believes and actually uses them for their businesses. Changing anything of its brand would get it worse because as of now its very easy to make a brand but its hard to make it famous. Another reason is that people would get confused of the old and new brands as it can also targeted by scammers because its easy to make a fake brand or look.
 I think we don't need to Re-brand bitcoin, re-branding bitcoin has no use at all. Because even if how many times that bitcoin will Re-brand it is always the same thing and it will always becoming more trend and amazing. So we don't need to Re-brand it in order for it to become more amazing.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

I think you overstating the  negative publicity that bitcoin has received over the years. There is no need for a re-branding at this stage, it will be a horrible move!

Bitcoin is the face of cryptocurrencies, even people who know nothing about the cryptoverse, know about bitcoin. After all it is the fastest growing asset of the century!

What is needed here is improved investor education. People need to be more informed about the true potential of bitcoin, bitcoin does not need to change itself. People who have zero knowledge about cryptocurrencies want to invest in bitcoin, so a better marketing strategy is clearly what is not needed. All that we require here is a better set of investors who are well informed about their prospects.
Bianckyyyy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:09:39 PM

Not really. Bitcoin itself is good as of now. We knew it from the start and making a big name in the world
da7a1oad3r

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

Not really. Bitcoin itself is good as of now. We knew it from the start and making a big name in the world

Not really, every thing might be remaked and remastered, it's nothing perfect and we should always chase the best
BlueSteel54

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:10:17 PM

I don't think there is any need of re-branding because if we do this now it sure affect the popularity of bitcoin. There is nothing to do with this because people accept in this way.
dominional

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

Nice topic and nice statement,  they don't need to re-brand but need to put some thing in better shape for more productivities which bitcoin need to have more followers to increase in this project

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:55:12 PM

Nice topic and nice statement,  they don't need to re-brand but need to put some thing in better shape for more productivities which bitcoin need to have more followers to increase in this project

Bitcoin is already popular and has lot of followers but the problem is not the followers but the technology and user friendliness because there are many altcoins with better features than bitcoin and bitcoin needs to upgrade it's feature like transaction speed and all to stay on top.

Am I spamming? Report me!
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:56:38 PM

I don't think there is any need of re-branding because if we do this now it sure affect the popularity of bitcoin. There is nothing to do with this because people accept in this way.

indeed there is no need to rebranding, because it is not needed, especially now that bitcoin has also begun to develop so much that there is no need for such a thing, because bitcoib has been fighting for its development.

Joeyvicky

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:47:17 PM

What actually will a branding of bitcoin be of an important to. Persoanlly it is of no use. We of this noble fraternity have to embrace it in good faith as to which road it leads us we areconfident of the end there of bitcoin that surely we will overcome. It is the old bitcoin we know and no other period.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
SventraPapere

Activity: 410

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:51:08 PM

I believe that reputation needs rebranding, not bitcoin itself.With him just did everything in perfect order and the brand just became recognizable.There's no point in doing anything with him.If we do not retreat,we will definitely win.Another question is how to convey the essence to the masses.At least the young, the old can't catch up.We need more advertising and explanatory programs.It is necessary to explain the essence, goals and benefits.And also to remove the factor of fear and distrust.These are the main tasks at the moment, I think.And of course you need to constantly improve the mining system.Make it more efficient,powerful and safe.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:23:43 PM

Is it really needed looking at how far our mother coin has come, many are now familiar to bitcoin and re-branding wont be that necessary, it will only make us start afresh.
Joeyvicky

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:36:17 PM

What will really be the essence of rebranding btc, it will definitely give a start note and differnet perception of people about the crypto.And as the mother of all coins, this will really give a band note for the other coins and really not put the crypto world in good shape before those who are evening trying to join.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:40:20 PM

No, you cannot re-brand bitcoin. You cannot do it because you have think about it. Even though you have made a survey and majority have agreed (which I think wouldn't happen), it will not really happen. Also, if you really try to do it with best thing you can do, it will just make confusions and negativities on why you have done it. We have known bitcoin of what it is,  and I am (maybe majority of users here will agree),  are contented km what it is now. Even though it is what it is, it reach its current state that no one ever think it would be that triumphant.
deda123

Activity: 109

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:40:42 PM

in my opinion i dont think that in a crytpo market bitcoin it is a need of a re brand because there is no such a reason for that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:41:26 PM

What will really be the essence of rebranding btc, it will definitely give a start note and differnet perception of people about the crypto.And as the mother of all coins, this will really give a band note for the other coins and really not put the crypto world in good shape before those who are evening trying to join.
Right.I think let it remain its one and only brand bitcoin because it had already made a lot of trademarks to the different lives of people.And considering bitcoin,its still the topmost coin today and the most favorite coin of all time so no need to change its name anymore.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:44:31 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2018, 10:30:26 AM by Stargazer

No, I don't think it needed. Rebrand can't make the market up, rather If we go for Rebrand then bitcoin will need bounty campaigns to reach again all people. Still, a lot of people don't know well about bitcoin. I think we have enough and we don't need to rebrand bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: