Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ixcoin fork -> I0coin  (Read 216909 times)
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 02:30:42 AM

Is Ixcoin taking hash-power away from the BTC network?
As of the typing of this only 4.76 bl/hr are being generated.
We really need to get merged mining going, otherwise when Oh-look another-coin comes along we'll be down to 3 bl/hr.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBug (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:28:35 AM

Grin
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:48:39 AM

Wallet encryption?

Nice

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:25:01 AM

IOCOIN does sound a lot less scammy than ixcoin.

IXcoin had a huge bug I wish to ask yall to avoid.

if You are tired and stupid like me and accidently try to send your ixcoin to a btc addy liek 1JDK9BUeTvJE1wDpJ77NDuWct5BYko68Ry rather than saying this is not an ixcoin addy(like the btc client would do, except it would say this isnt a btc addy) it decides to transform that addy I passed into this one xprZ2AcQSpF8skTmg15M9D5BjgjirmzLvx and send off the coin.

This as you can imagine has annoyed me to no end, but it is also a huge design flaw that seems to have been purposefully added to the ixcoin client... If you try this the opposite way, and try to send btc to xprZ2AcQSpF8skTmg15M9D5BjgjirmzLvx, the btc client says "THAT IS NOT A BTC ADDY"  like it should. It doesnt try to transform that addy into some unknown btc addy and send off my shit.

anyways please avoid that pitfall. We have enough to worry about with rogue online wallet opperators and trojans trying to steal our stuff and everyone trying to scam you out of bitcoins, we shouldnt have to worry the app my transform a typo into a valid address rather than informing you that you had a typo.

can you imagine if the bank did that? You tried to send money to a bank addy that didnt exist and they just made one up for you that did.

anyways dont copy scamcoin, copy bitcoin and make sure you dont copy that purposefully designed design flaw.

mooo for rent
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:44:37 AM

Roll Eyes They're ALL scams and it's just a matter of time before the government cracks down on all you fools who think you can print your own money.  It serves you right trying to make money out of thin air.  I hope you lost big, scammer.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:07:54 AM

please adjust the difficulty if it hasn't changed for 1 month
Done, i modified the code to auto retarget (change difficulty) if two weeks OR 2016 blocks has passed. Smiley

Let me do some more tests, i'll release the client & commit the source soon  Cheesy

Edit:

anyways please avoid that pitfall. We have enough to worry about with rogue online wallet opperators and trojans trying to steal our stuff and everyone trying to scam you out of bitcoins, we shouldnt have to worry the app my transform a typo into a valid address rather than informing you that you had a typo.
Sure, i'll look in that Smiley

Edit2:
When I release the client, the blockchain will have 0 blocks, don't worry Smiley
Trini8ed

Activity: 375

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:10:20 AM

Roll Eyes They're ALL scams and it's just a matter of time before the government cracks down on all you fools who think you can print your own money.  It serves you right trying to make money out of thin air.  I hope you lost big, scammer.

Wow did you really just say that go take your dirty mouth and take it off this forum... Bitcoins are competently legal there is nothing wrong with them people like you keep giving our community a bad name just like silk road when there is just 1 site selling drugs everyone thinks bitcoins is bad but then meanwhile back in America people buy all sorts of drugs with real money there is not just 1 place its fucking everywhere so take your shit elsewhere!

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:15:29 AM

yeah I think he is trolling.
bitcoin was invented to solve issues the author perceived with fiat money. IXcoin on the other hand, was invented for pump and dump and to get the author rich as they were probably upset they missed the bitcoin start. It solves NO problems with bitcoin, it simply exists as a gambling device.

ANymoo.. when can you actually mine these iocoins? is there a target date? I'm actually am interested in iocoins as they are trying to expose the flaw in ixcoin.

mooo for rent
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:27:37 AM

please adjust the difficulty if it hasn't changed for 1 month
Done, i modified the code to auto retarget (change difficulty) if two weeks OR 2016 blocks has passed. Smiley

Let me do some more tests, i'll release the client & commit the source soon  Cheesy

Edit:

Sure, i'll look in that Smiley

Edit2:
When I release the client, the blockchain will have 0 blocks, don't worry Smiley

Also please put an announcement out stating the start date a bit in advance so those wanting to mine can do it in a fair manner. Thanks for your efforts!!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 04:00:22 PM

IXcoin had a huge bug I wish to ask yall to avoid.

if You are tired and stupid like me and accidently try to send your ixcoin to a btc addy liek 1JDK9BUeTvJE1wDpJ77NDuWct5BYko68Ry rather than saying this is not an ixcoin addy(like the btc client would do, except it would say this isnt a btc addy) it decides to transform that addy I passed into this one xprZ2AcQSpF8skTmg15M9D5BjgjirmzLvx and send off the coin.

This as you can imagine has annoyed me to no end, but it is also a huge design flaw that seems to have been purposefully added to the ixcoin client... If you try this the opposite way, and try to send btc to xprZ2AcQSpF8skTmg15M9D5BjgjirmzLvx, the btc client says "THAT IS NOT A BTC ADDY"  like it should. It doesnt try to transform that addy into some unknown btc addy and send off my shit.

can you imagine if the bank did that? You tried to send money to a bank addy that didnt exist and they just made one up for you that did.

anyways dont copy scamcoin, copy bitcoin and make sure you dont copy that purposefully designed design flaw.

Pywallet can recover your ixcoins

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:16:44 PM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26808.0
s/testnet/ixcoin

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
kr105

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:44:34 PM

Hey guys, thanks for your interest Smiley

Well, the blockchain will have the following "differences" from the main Bitcoin and Ixcoin:

- P2P Port = 7333
- Testnet P2P Port = 17333
- RPC Port = 7332
- Coins per block = 96
- Changed 4 byte "hello" message
- Difficulty will be re adjusted if 2016 blocks has been generated OR two weeks has passed from the last adjustment.
- Addresses will start with "j"
- Addresses only compatible on i0coin blockchain (Ex: bitcoin addr can't be used to send money on i0coin and vice-versa)
- And maybe more to come

I will be posting the client and documentation at 15:00 GMT of 15/August/2011
afro25

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:51:06 PM

So, we should be able to setup I0Coin and begin mining around 3pm GMT?

Excellent, I start work at 4pm and have to set out at half three, so i think i'll just set out later and make up some excuse if it takes me too long to set this up lol Tongue

Thanks for doing this by the way.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 10:50:32 PM by jackjack

Please post the version I'm too lazy to check it

And don't do what our new friend is about to do: allowing payments only to addresses above 'j'

joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:14:45 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 10:27:16 PM by joulesbeef

Pywallet can recover your ixcoins

not if you dont own the wallet, but thanks.. i got them back anyways from bitparking who recovered them for me. and used pywallet to recover BTC before.. good advice.

The same bug exists in the bitcoin client as well do that send from the command line it will send using it, both the ixcoin and namecoin were copied from the bitcoin source they have not changed it to send to invalid address the flaw was there in the first place..

It exists in namecoin BUT DOES NOT EXIST IN the BTC client. Do it from the command line? WHY that is a different issue. WheN i paste a name coin addy or an Ixcoin addy into the bitcoin client and hit send, it says  "THAT IS NOT A VALID BITCOIN ADDY" ixcoins client does not, it transforms the bad addy into a good ixcoin addy..  If their is a bug in the btc client at the command line, it is totally different than what I am talking about with teh GUI clients of both ixcoin and bitcoin. SUre it was a copy but when you get different results by hitting the send button, then one has a bug and one dies not.

anyways this isnt the place for this, I just suggested address checking like the bitcoin client obviously has and the ixcoin client obviously doesnt.

Addresses only compatible on i0coin blockchain (Ex: bitcoin addr can't be used to send money on i0coin and vice-versa)

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE. loving iocoin already.  It has idiot sleepy cow protection

mooo for rent
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:51:47 PM

Ah I misread your sentence. Why do you want that?
It's up to the user to double check what he writes... Amounts AND addresses...
Just show a warning before sending the coins that the address seems to be a Bitcoin one and it's ok, you don't need to refuse Bitcoin addresses

kr105

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:55:40 PM

Version 105

Just show a warning before sending the coins that the address seems to be a Bitcoin one and it's ok, you don't need to refuse Bitcoin addresses
I'm refusing to send coins to addresses that are not in i0coin range (currently limited only to version 105 on mainnet and 111 on testnet). After my patch, i tried bitcoin, namecoin and ixcoin address and of course all of them was rejected, and just to be sure i tested a i0coin address and the money went sucessfully Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:06:43 AM

Version 105

I'm refusing to send coins to addresses that are not in i0coin range (currently limited only to version 105 on mainnet and 111 on testnet). After my patch, i tried bitcoin, namecoin and ixcoin address and of course all of them was rejected, and just to be sure i tested a i0coin address and the money went sucessfully Smiley

Are you planning to post an official announcement on this forum with links and info?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:08:37 AM

Do you want an exchange?
dayfall

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:43:59 AM

I pledge 1 BTC if iocoin blocks are adjusted to be found less than 5minutes apart.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: