Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 02:30:07 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bets of Bitcoin - Bitcoin betting on real world events  (Read 57559 times)
BetMoose

Activity: 340

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

Anyone have an estimate on how much he stole?

I'd guess somewhere between several hundred and a few thousand BTC.

We've been following it while BetMoose was in development - it didn't really look like a theft; the 1-owner just disappeared and some users actually managed to withdraw their funds using links and queries within the URL (check last few pages of this thread I think). So many actually did manage to withdraw while the site was still active but I guess he was paying monthly for it so 2 months later the page went blank and now the coins are lost forever (presumably). So yeah, CoinJedi may have gotten sick or died, would be the most plausible explanation here, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed any withdrawals and would've done something more similar to the situation seen at Mt.Gox

ah crap, bitcoin devs die like flies these days. Why do people jump to these conclusions that lightly? I hope my family would let users of my project know if I passed away.

Yeah it's really unfortunate. Lots of people in the world die daily so it's important not to trust one man shops. Not because they're not trustworthy but because that natural risk is there.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1568

¡ɥɔʇɐʍ ʇsnɾ &#7

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

Anyone have an estimate on how much he stole?

I'd guess somewhere between several hundred and a few thousand BTC.

We've been following it while BetMoose was in development - it didn't really look like a theft; the 1-owner just disappeared and some users actually managed to withdraw their funds using links and queries within the URL (check last few pages of this thread I think). So many actually did manage to withdraw while the site was still active but I guess he was paying monthly for it so 2 months later the page went blank and now the coins are lost forever (presumably). So yeah, CoinJedi may have gotten sick or died, would be the most plausible explanation here, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed any withdrawals and would've done something more similar to the situation seen at Mt.Gox

ah crap, bitcoin devs die like flies these days. Why do people jump to these conclusions that lightly? I hope my family would let users of my project know if I passed away.

Yeah it's really unfortunate. Lots of people in the world die daily so it's important not to trust one man shops. Not because they're not trustworthy but because that natural risk is there.

people "naturally" die only once in about 80 years and for the average young techie the chances should be much lower than 1/80 to die in a certain year.
Hmm, thinking about it, maybe terminally ill people tend to go for big goals like leaving a heritage?

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:15:55 PM

Score 1. I managed to get out in time like with mt gox

unfortunately other sites i parked coins with screwed me

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.