Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bets of Bitcoin - Bitcoin betting on real world events  (Read 62086 times)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:12:39 AM

I've got .8 BTC on the line.

If that's your withdrawable balance, here's an update from another thread.

Good news.  I was able to get a withdrawal to work eventually after many, many failed attempts.
The trick was to manually paste the withdraw URL and if the form appeared attempt to withdraw.  I think I had over a dozen tries and I'm not sure which one was the successful one.  Also, I tried withdrawing a whole number (e.g., 1) for amount and that worked.  I'm now trying to withdraw the fraction but haven't yet gotten that successfully withdrawn.
 - https://betsofbitco.in/withdraw

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BetMoose

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:27:29 PM

I just wanted to pop in here to say betsofbitco.in was what initially inspired us to create betmoose.com and I really hope CoinJedi is alright - doesn't seem like this site ran off with coins, just that it was dropped.

Hopefully he checks in sometime in the future.

CoinJedi - if you ever return, please contact us, we'd like to discuss an opportunity for you.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:42:29 PM

I've just noticed this was down. I had coins tied in there - Any update on what is going on?

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:54:11 AM

Nope. Coins gone.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:50:41 PM

Anyone have an estimate on how much he stole?

I'd guess somewhere between several hundred and a few thousand BTC.
BetMoose

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

We've been following it while BetMoose was in development - it didn't really look like a theft; the 1-owner just disappeared and some users actually managed to withdraw their funds using links and queries within the URL (check last few pages of this thread I think). So many actually did manage to withdraw while the site was still active but I guess he was paying monthly for it so 2 months later the page went blank and now the coins are lost forever (presumably). So yeah, CoinJedi may have gotten sick or died, would be the most plausible explanation here, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed any withdrawals and would've done something more similar to the situation seen at Mt.Gox

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:35:18 AM

We've been following it while BetMoose was in development - it didn't really look like a theft; the 1-owner just disappeared and some users actually managed to withdraw their funds using links and queries within the URL (check last few pages of this thread I think). So many actually did manage to withdraw while the site was still active but I guess he was paying monthly for it so 2 months later the page went blank and now the coins are lost forever (presumably). So yeah, CoinJedi may have gotten sick or died, would be the most plausible explanation here, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed any withdrawals and would've done something more similar to the situation seen at Mt.Gox

ah crap, bitcoin devs die like flies these days. Why do people jump to these conclusions that lightly? I hope my family would let users of my project know if I passed away.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
BetMoose

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

ah crap, bitcoin devs die like flies these days. Why do people jump to these conclusions that lightly? I hope my family would let users of my project know if I passed away.

Yeah it's really unfortunate. Lots of people in the world die daily so it's important not to trust one man shops. Not because they're not trustworthy but because that natural risk is there.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

Yeah it's really unfortunate. Lots of people in the world die daily so it's important not to trust one man shops. Not because they're not trustworthy but because that natural risk is there.

people "naturally" die only once in about 80 years and for the average young techie the chances should be much lower than 1/80 to die in a certain year.
Hmm, thinking about it, maybe terminally ill people tend to go for big goals like leaving a heritage?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:15:55 PM

Score 1. I managed to get out in time like with mt gox

unfortunately other sites i parked coins with screwed me

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: