Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:43:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26068 times)
Gwiazdooka

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:16:17 AM

The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Exactly  the same thing could be said for all the ICOs,even the biggest ones,like EOS that raised 4 billion dollars.

There is no guarantee,we invest our money into something we believe in ,we support it and hope for the best.Thats all we can do as investors.
WillerTex

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:35:12 AM

What do you mean by "sustainable"?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 08:30:26 AM

Sustainable refers to working toward being resource independent from a supply route. At first most things will be a hybrid approach, perhaps utilizing current resources on the host island or atoll.

The plan is to be energy independent, recycle our own waste, gather and store our own water, create our own food, etc.

While we won't be making our own computers or having herds of cattle for steaks, we hope to reach the point where someone could live on the seastead without the need of anything from outside of the seastead. Of course, for more pleasurable living we would rely on trade.

This has big implications for things like growing populations or refugees. During the Syrian refugee crisis there was a very rich man that wanted to spend millions to buy an island for the refugees. If we can create a sustainable floating island where anyone living there has all the resources they need to live, then it will solve a lot of the world's problems.

We acknowledge that food will be the most difficult starting out but the rest should be possible early on.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

Is there any info how much have me collected until now?How is the sale going?

There is a ticker on the website, varyon.io

Currently at 1381 ETH (varies based on the price of our bitcoin holdings).

You accept only BTC and ETH during ICO?

During the presale we accept BTC, ETH and ZEN. During the actual sale we will be using the smart contract for purchase which will only allow for sending ETH.

How come you accept ZEN?Not an usual choice for accepted  crypto currencies during ICO.

Blue Frontiers has partnered with ZenCash. A major focus of their cryptocurrency is blockchain based governance solutions and privacy. I am not a ZenCash expert so I can't comment much on the technology but hopefully their team can provide some governance solutions for the seastead. We definitely want to partner with many blockchain players to provide blockchain based solutions to things that governments currently do centrally. Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain business so they will be looking to others to solve these problems for the seastead. 

Here's one of our founders, Randy Hencken with Robert Viglione discussing Blue Frontiers and ZenCash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52InKG3PmAw

Can't believe I missed that you are already partners with ZenCash.That is really good, more the merrier, this could be like crypto hub indeed.
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:39:46 PM

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

US based investors will be able to join later?
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:52:33 PM

Sustainable refers to working toward being resource independent from a supply route. At first most things will be a hybrid approach, perhaps utilizing current resources on the host island or atoll.

The plan is to be energy independent, recycle our own waste, gather and store our own water, create our own food, etc.

While we won't be making our own computers or having herds of cattle for steaks, we hope to reach the point where someone could live on the seastead without the need of anything from outside of the seastead. Of course, for more pleasurable living we would rely on trade.

This has big implications for things like growing populations or refugees. During the Syrian refugee crisis there was a very rich man that wanted to spend millions to buy an island for the refugees. If we can create a sustainable floating island where anyone living there has all the resources they need to live, then it will solve a lot of the world's problems.

We acknowledge that food will be the most difficult starting out but the rest should be possible early on.

Thank you for the detailed answer,sounds great what you are trying to achieve.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:27:42 PM

The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Exactly  the same thing could be said for all the ICOs,even the biggest ones,like EOS that raised 4 billion dollars.

There is no guarantee,we invest our money into something we believe in ,we support it and hope for the best.Thats all we can do as investors.

Precisely and that is why I like this project so much, because it will make only people that truly believe in the vision to invest.Everyone else who just wants to make a quick buck will steer clear away from it and I think that is better for the project overall.
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:29:20 PM

Yeah acredited US investor will soon be able to invest Cheesy
SRBYN

Activity: 276

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

Why they cant join now,whats the current issue?
Gwiazdooka

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:39:06 AM

Precisely and that is why I like this project so much, because it will make only people that truly believe in the vision to invest.Everyone else who just wants to make a quick buck will steer clear away from it and I think that is better for the project overall.

But still,you need those  people in the end.

I seriosuly doubt it would be possible to raise enough money without those that are into this for a quick flip,expecting something different in crypto would be unrealistic.I see them as necessary evil.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:56:25 AM

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Katsouranis

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:08:02 PM

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

Is it the same thing with investors from China,or they wont be able to join at all?
Art Vandelay

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

What is the difference between KYC and AML?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:15:43 PM

What is the difference between KYC and AML?

KYC is Know Your Customer. Basically verifying your identity.
AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

Is it the same thing with investors from China,or they wont be able to join at all?

Likely not unless their laws change. They outright outlawed ICOs.

incryptico

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:21:49 PM

Surprisingly a useful real-world idea detached from copying other ICO projects making the same things over again!

Will bookmark your project even while I never have seen any real-world ICO funded projects requiring huge investments completed so far.

Maybe it's time to break this trend, who knows Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

Surprisingly a useful real-world idea detached from copying other ICO projects making the same things over again!

Will bookmark your project even while I never have seen any real-world ICO funded projects requiring huge investments completed so far.

Maybe it's time to break this trend, who knows Smiley

Thanks. We have worked with a lot of the crypto industry from top lawyers to various ICO companies who have tried to wrap their heads around the complexity of this project (foreign company with founders living all over the world where the company will be building all over the world allowing investment from all over the world...etc.) but we feel that we have been able to get all of our ducks in a row for the token. Fortunately the project has received a lot of media attention and is gaining a lot of interest so it is certainly viable that the project will move forward.

DtpNumbered

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:27:32 PM

But still,you need those  people in the end.

I seriosuly doubt it would be possible to raise enough money without those that are into this for a quick flip,expecting something different in crypto would be unrealistic.I see them as necessary evil.

I think times are changing and that today you have more people in crypto that look at this as opportunity to create a better world, better tech, not just take money and run.
HiLander

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:32:27 PM

Wow, didn't know that requirements are so high and rigorous.On the flipside most of those investors will surely bring in some significant investment along  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: