Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1636 times)
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:15:14 AM

I think that whales are manipulating the market today, we see today the rapidly rising and falling prices that are not natural in the market. Maybe if these whales disappear we will see a steady price increase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:40:38 AM

there are many whales who are doing this in the market.
and i believe they are doing it as they have the capability to put walls.
walls are one of the biggest problem in keeping any coin to rise.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:48:36 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?

Yes there are whales but there are times when we thought that it was whales that are doing it but it was actually a group of traders who treat $10k as psychological resistance so they put a sell order just below $10k so that they can still sell if others decide to sell as well. If you can see the price in bitfinex which is one of the high volume trading exchange in the market, the price reach $9,990 but didn't reach $10k because they put a sell order below. Even if you have only 1 btc which is obviously not a whale but there are others who has 1 btc as well with that selling price and there are hundreds of then, then it would look like a whale is doing it.

millithe1st

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:55:04 AM

this is probably one of the dumbest questions i've heard on here lmao it's obvious and it only makes sense for LARGE SHARE HOLDERS TO CONTROL THE MAJORITY it's not that it's not fair because it isn't but try and be a little pilot fish
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:17:59 AM

Yes, these big whales can manipulate the market currency prices. Their big funds can easy dump or pump one coin. It is one way for them to buy more coins at dip. By manipulating the market they can control their profit easily. And sone whales making fudds to dump a one coin after goes on dip. They will buy a big amount of coin.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:26:23 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
If they are not,then who's manipulating the market price then?is there any elements here that can do price manipulation? So we all knew the answer right?

I've been observing the market for half year now or more,and what i am seeing is groups of people whos having enough capital to make the price pump and dump,in past only the altcoins and specially those shitcoins is the material they are using for this,but now its the Bitcoin because they know that if bitcoin price moves,then so all the altcoins tol
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:34:02 AM

Hi guys ,
I think so too, but it's a small possibility to be known true or not because of anonymous and anyone with a large budget can do it, there are some coins who are manipulated by whales in my view and I'm not really paying particular attention to the whales because it's their decision, it's just that I'm afraid is the spread of FUDs that make beginners at a disadvantage.

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:47:17 AM

Hi guys ,
Yes they are manipulating the markers because they holds large number of bitcoin and other crypto currencies but their aim is to make money by initiating the price fall later people will react to that results in serious price fall at the end the newbie investors were trapped.But we can't say they are only in the control of market,other factors are also involving in this like news about crypts and country's status about crypto currencies and lot others.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:48:40 AM

Hi guys ,
Very much possible i think. Whales are rich people who has the capability of affecting the prices of bitcoin. When prices are low they tend to buy large amount of coins to pump up the prices and they can also lower the prices by dumping their large holdings.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:53:42 AM

Hi guys ,

That's only a theory, but it could be possible.

$10k is just a resistance that is pretty strong, and investors with a big amount of BTC may think the same. There may be shorters at the $10k levels, or even big investors taking their profits because they know that $10k is going to hard to get by during this pump. But is that really manipulation?

But honestly, if there is any sort of big player in a market, then manipulation will happen in one form or another, because trades by bigger traders carry more weight on the price, essentially. Question is to what extent, and how they are doing it.

Smiley
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

Market manipulation is not done by whales alone. I have observed that so many people just buy cryptocurrency but do not have strong believe in cryptocurrency. They just by for immediate profit, that is why anyone will wake up and say anything in social media and people will start dumping their cryptocurrency which will directly crash the market.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

Market manipulation is not done by whales alone. I have observed that so many people just buy cryptocurrency but do not have strong believe in cryptocurrency. They just by for immediate profit, that is why anyone will wake up and say anything in social media and people will start dumping their cryptocurrency which will directly crash the market.

Just like you I believe there's still a lot of people who just go with what is trend but won't be able to stand firm and only want high profit. And I think they also have part on what is happening in the market, not only big whales.
Shame_Game

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:46:15 PM

Of course, big whales manipulate the market. And the prolonged decline on the cryptocurrency market is due to the fact that institutional investors are now entering this attractive market.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:22:33 PM

of course. it is very clear. manages everything that is strong. and it acts as it wishes. it's not just whales. Even governments can do that. small investors can not impress the market very much.
Panpan66L

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:24:08 PM

Of course they are! because the price is so jumping volative, that it leaves no doubt about that. but what we actually can do?)
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:28:32 PM

of course. it is very clear. manages everything that is strong. and it acts as it wishes. it's not just whales. Even governments can do that. small investors can not impress the market very much.
That is right, that is why we should not be afraid of them when we knew that a certain coin or token was good to invest at then it is fine to take a risk while we still have time to do buying, don't mind those whales when they are taking advantage to the market, if the project is good then it is worth to invest at.
muddy waters

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:59:31 PM

Yes big whales also manipulate the market but only to some extent and they don't have full control over the market.Otherwise by this time,bitcoin would had been just a pump and dump coin like altcoin.
Bitcoin actually pumps and dumps and these fluctuations are even worse than those of alts as bigger money are involved here.

Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ??
Of course they do.
Whales create a "wave" - they deliberately sell a part of their assets below the current price in such a volume so that to attract the attention of other market players. This leads to the following:
- Cautious traders prefer to get rid of a cheaper asset.
- Inexperienced investors begin perceiving bitcoin as a bubble.
- As a result, panic occurs.

People sell cryptocurrency in even larger volumes => whales buy BTC with a nice discount.
In such a way, manipulators obtain even more assets than they used to have.

Nboramir

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:59:51 PM

Yes, I agree that whales are manipulating the markets. They put fake sell and buy walls. Also sometimes they sell a huge amount of bitcoin or altcoin and they are collapsed. I think it hurts crypto markets.
billbear

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:06:04 PM

I think they are. But actually we are manipulating it by panic selling and panic buying coins, by depending on a fake news and etc.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:10:35 PM

Hi guys ,
This scenario you painted is mere specualtive. And I think that is what it is. We shouldn't forget that there is a strong resistance formed at that level and also a major support around the $8,000 region. We know how the TA works as a psychological level. Until the resistance or support is breached, pice will continue to dance around those regions. This may not be a whale doing this. It's just human psychology.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: