Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 02:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1639 times)
idrisalomagold

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:47:20 PM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?

We cannot really say its them who manipulates the market, but then there are also speculations about it pinpointing them as suspects of too much fluctuations in market. Since the cryptocurrency market deals with law of demand and supply, then the case of whales might be true. But then, no one knows, right?
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:36:03 PM

I think exactly Whale is controlling the market. And these whales have power. Can change the market quickly with news about crypto. They can make the price go down and go up quickly thanks to some news that decides to market

siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:40:00 PM

yes  i  think  that  they  are  doing it are  manipuiating the  markets  evne ough  i  don t know if they are  doing  it eveytime but the point is that  they are doing it.
gunhell16

Activity: 1750
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:47:08 PM

i dont think so, but if they will they can.
as you said they are whales.
everything is possible and if you can see they can mange to put walls which is hard to break.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
[/tr
HasithaM

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:47:30 PM

The Crypto showcase is recently working under bunches of impact, its deplorable that it never again appears to work on a honest to goodness advertise powers of interest and supply to decide the esteem and costs, Yes there appear to be an outside powers affecting the Bitcoin costs, A factor that isn't just uncalled for yet additionally awful as there are various individuals out there that are relying upon the flexibility and autonomy of Bitcoin yet its right now under outer impact.
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:46:37 AM

we are in a situation of a long-term downtrend, and lower levels will still be ahead. Overcoming the resistance level of $ 7000 will already cause a wave of sales
It is fine since we have benefited and earned last year so it is just normal that bitcoin is recovering too from a huge pump that happened last year so it is just normal if bitcoin had suffered so much loss or downtrend this past  few months, don't worry as it will again rise up in the future.
All over the world there are many people which are having huge assets and do not have knowledge of the crypto market which will be very impressive if the Bitcoin start its promotions and accede with governments which will provide a lot of people with the opportunity to invest here. Now this will bring big investments which will be a turning point and will manipulate it.
ershovspa

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:25:23 PM

whales actually big speculator that have big money to make market flare up.and they always make bad news in market to influence token holder to sell their asset.

I agree, they always push the bad news about some coin and when the prices drop they buy all they can. It's interesting how much news affect crypto market as a whole.
aburris75519

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:32:12 PM

Marketcap volume is very small compared to the real market, so it shouldn't be too hard for whales to manipulate the market. When market volume rises to trillion dollars in a few years, manipulation can eliminate.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:58:54 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
It has been happening for a very long time, whales controlling the market up and down once they buy in lots of coins at a cheaper rate. So it’s not a new thing, but I wouldn’t recommend such to anyone or neither will I be part of such thing as crypto market manipulation.

It’s not good for the market and will discourage future investors. That’s why people are being advised to hold their coins no matter what, cause when they are panic selling, they are making a space for the whales to come and manipulate the market.
jrivera68846

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:18:08 AM

By throwing a large number of Bitcoins on the stock exchange, they can lower its price and vice versa, buying it in large quantities can sharply raise its price. In the same way, its price can be kept in certain price ranges. Manipulating the media and their influence on people can also raise or lower the demand for cryptocurrency.
ideya

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:37:18 AM

Yes, they are for increasing their profits. It is highest in case of alt coins and least with bitcoins.
ershovspa

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:52:45 PM

Yes, they are for increasing their profits. It is highest in case of alt coins and least with bitcoins.

They don't bother with alts, they go for BTC. Alts are just a collateral damage.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:52:05 AM

we are in a situation of a long-term downtrend, and lower levels will still be ahead. Overcoming the resistance level of $ 7000 will already cause a wave of sales
It is fine since we have benefited and earned last year so it is just normal that bitcoin is recovering too from a huge pump that happened last year so it is just normal if bitcoin had suffered so much loss or downtrend this past  few months, don't worry as it will again rise up in the future.
Big whales affect the market equilibrium and when they sell out all their coins which are in huge quantity then the market price falls and market starts suffering from downfalls. On the other hand they can buy a lot of Bitcoins which can make the price jump up high in the air so this is a benefit too. Now it is depending upon these big investments so that the current market price starts improvement.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:09:58 AM

Hi guys ,

Maybe, It Is possible mate because If you notice after the bull run there was a coming a hard fork where the value will drop drastically. But not all the times of fluctuations the whales did, sometimes It because of some ordinary Investors dumping their bitcoin fund because of some purpose.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:12:06 PM

I couldn't agree more and was just having this same conversation with someone yesterday. These lulls create a nice little opportunity for the "whales" to buy, and it's pretty much the only control they have.
If the weak hands did not sold their coins then the manipulation by the whales will not work many accuse the whales and I think that sometimes they are right but the ones that cause most of the movements in the market are the speculators and people that bought bitcoin or altcoins and did not understood quite well what they were doing in the first place, so if they lose money they deserve it for not trusting in the market.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:33:09 PM

Its true there is group of whales who dominant over the market and pump or dump for own benefit.Still no one know the next move of whales but we can reach possible results by past experience or coin charts and should take decisions accordingly.Equal distribution of wealth will take time till we act withe patience and proactive to avoid risk of loss.

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:48:57 PM

Hi guys ,
The possibility of whales manipulating the market is really high and i think it's not new. They have been controlling the market for a long time now. Making huge profit for themselves. I thought that bitcoin will stabilize when it reached 10k usd mark but no. It has been pumping really high and crashing really low. Some may think that this is normal for the cryptocurrency since it is really volatile but it's just really suspicious how it can go high suddenly and go low.

Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM

Hi guys ,
The possibility of whales manipulating the market is really high and i think it's not new. They have been controlling the market for a long time now. Making huge profit for themselves. I thought that bitcoin will stabilize when it reached 10k usd mark but no. It has been pumping really high and crashing really low. Some may think that this is normal for the cryptocurrency since it is really volatile but it's just really suspicious how it can go high suddenly and go low.
Whales have more tools than other individuals,they can easily fake sell/buy volume by doing what is called Spoofing attacks and washtrading attacks.And honestly these kind fo manipulation lead to alot of people lose considerable amount of money and interfere with most trading bots.Not easy to recognize such attacks too.These attacks are normally illegal but not in cryptocurrency ofcourse so yeah I don't know if we should hope for regulation or not..

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Onah

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:06:33 AM

Hi guys ,

Whales are. And they are not a myth.
No matter what chart you are looking at 15m, 1hour, 1day, there are always straight up and straight down movements in just matter of seconds. Only people who hold a lot of coins can make those orders.
So sad that we are just trying to make money in the market, but actually making them rich.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:57:36 AM

Certainly it exists, and was indeed manipulating the market, I mean why not as trading space is always risky and an organized way to turning the market is relatively easy to get richer by any other means, investor are generally predictable and some news or movement make their holdings move as well. Whales always exist when they have tons of cash in their hand

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: