Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:16:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50037 times)
gmg

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:46:20 AM

MarkM: you got me wrong. I'm not talking about decimals, I'm just stating the obvious. Any good that has five times less units available than another would be worth five times more if demand for both is equal. There will be 4.38 million DMDs, compared to 21 million BTCs, so this is it.

And I'm talking about price in fiat, not real worth or added value or whatever. Hope it's clear.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:06:38 AM

Both coins have one blockchainfull of "goods".

DMD is simply more "granular" than bitcoins, that is, when you chop it up into the smallest pieces you can, you run out of smallness sooner with DMD than with BTC, so you need to change the format in which the values are stored on the blockchain sooner with DMD than you do with BTC.

So basically the difference is that DMD is going to obsolete its blockchain format sooner than BTC is, which is actually more of a problem than a feature.

Luckily neither of them is likely any time soon to reach the point where that fix will be needed.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:15:17 AM

lets hope not mate, seriously i missed btc boat, and i don't know if you did, but if you did, this could be a real chance at making some serious money, so lets make it work all these coins have flaws, none are perfect and Evan if they do make a perfect one, will it come along quick enough to catch the wave of new crypto users that are about to hit the scene, people are only just discovering crypto, we are way ahead of 90% of the world, diamond is in a seriously good position right now, cheap, scarce,attractive name, btc's market cap is nothing compared to what it could be, but not everyone has 600+ to invest, DMD Is perfect, just look at dogecoin it's very average, and is doing very well, just because of marketing, DMD has the features, now all it needs is the backing and the promotion, this could explode
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:22:14 AM

Bitcoin couild finally start to explode if we got rid of all this crap that is giving blockchain based currencies a bad name.

Take a look at the plots at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

See how some assets went up above bitcoin in value?

Or to put it another way, that bitcoin dropped in value relative to them?

That should never have happened. Bitcoin was theoretically a much more appealing asset.

None of them should ever even have caught up with bitcoin, let alone surpassed it.

For example bitcoin was realistically looking like it might actually manage to secure a blockchain, whereas those others realised that trying to secure a blockchain was an insanely expensive undertaking and that they would no way be able to realistically accomplish it given the reluctance of bitcoin miners to merged mine other coins alongside bitcoin.

It might well be the constant demonstrations by altcoins of the fact that blockchains are incredibly ridiculously expensive to secure, and all the resulting "forks" of their chains so many of them kept demonstrating and which new ones keep on demonstrating, undermining confidence in the whole blockchain concept, that suppressed bitcoin's value so much that those other assets were able to overtake it in value.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 09:50:15 AM

Bitcoin couild finally start to explode if we got rid of all this crap that is giving blockchain based currencies a bad name.

Take a look at the plots at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

See how some assets went up above bitcoin in value?

Or to put it another way, that bitcoin dropped in value relative to them?

That should never have happened. Bitcoin was theoretically a much more appealing asset.

None of them should ever even have caught up with bitcoin, let alone surpassed it.

For example bitcoin was realistically looking like it might actually manage to secure a blockchain, whereas those others realised that trying to secure a blockchain was an insanely expensive undertaking and that they would no way be able to realistically accomplish it given the reluctance of bitcoin miners to merged mine other coins alongside bitcoin.

It might well be the constant demonstrations by altcoins of the fact that blockchains are incredibly ridiculously expensive to secure, and all the resulting "forks" of their chains so many of them kept demonstrating and which new ones keep on demonstrating, undermining confidence in the whole blockchain concept, that suppressed bitcoin's value so much that those other assets were able to overtake it in value.

-MarkM-

i see what your saying, ridiculous, but the difference is btc is hear to stay, there just fads, they will be forgotten, people will talk about btc a 100 years from now hopefully a few others like DMD as well  Wink
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 12:24:28 PM

so whats in the works for DMD, forum etc?
beauty

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:38:13 PM

I am from China,I know that if add DMD to "bter" or "btc38" will be very good for DMD‘future!Is anyone considering of this?

And I hope DMD can do something special like PPC/PTS/MSC or NXT,because DMD is “pos”and“pow” too!And the amount of DMD is less than many coin!

Think about the plan of peershares and the price of ppc,so I think you'll see the price and value of DMD in the not far future if the team of DMD do their job in the right way.
CryptoHits

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Added DMD to http://www.CryptoHits.info

http://www.CryptoHits.info/?coin=DMD
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:38:24 PM

HI all,

please .. .

I encrypted my wallet, and I am not receiving stake, can you help me how to unlock it ?

My wallet is exe only .. its non installable

thank you very much in advance

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gmg

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

HI all,

please .. .

I encrypted my wallet, and I am not receiving stake, can you help me how to unlock it ?

There's a topic on how to do this with PPC. I don't know if it works with DMD, but I don't see why not. Let us know if you try it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:42:07 AM

HI all,

please .. .

There's a topic on how to do this with PPC. I don't know if it works with DMD, but I don't see why not. Let us know if you try it!

Thank you very much for your link,

I know about this link, but its for "instalable" wallet . and my wallet is exe only ... without installing, thats why I cant use it Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

HI all,

please .. .

Thank you very much for your link,

I know about this link, but its for "instalable" wallet . and my wallet is exe only ... without installing, thats why I cant use it Sad
did you download from here http://www.dmdcoin.net/downloads/
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 01:13:16 AM

I am from China,I know that if add DMD to "bter" or "btc38" will be very good for DMD‘future!Is anyone considering of this?

And I hope DMD can do something special like PPC/PTS/MSC or NXT,because DMD is “pos”and“pow” too!And the amount of DMD is less than many coin!

Think about the plan of peershares and the price of ppc,so I think you'll see the price and value of DMD in the not far future if the team of DMD do their job in the right way.

i think there are some good things in the work for DMD, There is new dev team, they take over very recently so who knows what they have planned, website looks good but needs updating, we need promo video's to put on DMD website and sites like youtube, for a small fee you can advertise on youtube this could be an idea, we need a forum, and a USD 2 DMD exchange
gmg

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:28:49 PM

I was just browsing through the DMD block explorer and noticed that although we are at block 217,538 the explorer says there are 193,407 DMD outstanding.

Do I read that wrong or is there something wrong in the calculation? Given that each block is 1 DMD and some blocks more than that (bonus blocks), there should be more DMD than blocks out there.

Any ideas?
Tripmode

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 06:32:49 PM

I was just browsing through the DMD block explorer and noticed that although we are at block 217,538 the explorer says there are 193,407 DMD outstanding.

Do I read that wrong or is there something wrong in the calculation? Given that each block is 1 DMD and some blocks more than that (bonus blocks), there should be more DMD than blocks out there.

Any ideas?

Some blocks are less than one diamond because of POS calculations on a low stake.

The value in the block explorer is correct - it gets this from the diamond client. Do "getinfo" from the console and it will show you total number of coins.

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
gmg

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:27:59 PM

Any ideas?

Some blocks are less than one diamond because of POS calculations on a low stake.

The value in the block explorer is correct - it gets this from the diamond client. Do "getinfo" from the console and it will show you total number of coins.

Thanks for the info! Can you explain a little how PoS works and how this affects the value of a new block? I know that Stake is supposed to reward coin holders depending on coin age, but I've never quite grasped the concept of how this affects coin generation and the value of new blocks.
k33k

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:27:05 AM

It looks like you guys are doing well on Cryptsy atm. Congrats.

Is there an official Diamond IRC channel?
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:03:42 AM

As far as I know, not yet. Is it hard to set up a IRC channel for DMD?
k33k

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:05:59 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 04:12:43 PM by k33k

Nah, not at all. Just join the channel and register it. I checked #diamond on Freenode but it looks like it's already claimed by some Linux distro. #DMD is empty atm.

Edit: I'll hang out in #DMD for the time being. Join me :---)
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:38:44 AM

i know the DMD wallet has just been updated but i think it needs a facelift is there one in the works, any chance of an update by devs of current projects, really excited about this diamond  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: