Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50036 times)
captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:02:21 PM

Big thanks to both WTParker2 and Tripmode for your excellent investigation.

This has put my worries about the DMD possibly being hi-jacked to rest.
All your scenarios explains very well why I have received less DMDs than 'usual' over the last few days.
And it also reinstates my trust in the DMD.

May the DMD finally get that big price-jump it rightfully deserve being a truly rare entity..!
I guess when it eventually nears it's end in 50k+ units time it will indeed rise to much much higher value..

There is a good team behind Diamond - Zuper, PalmDetroit, Myself... Last time there was a forking issue we were on it within minutes.  If anyone is fucking around we would know about it! No one is able to cheat and generate superblocks, I can assture you that.

As for pool operators not paying bonus blocks, that has nothing to do with the coin - when researching a pool make sure you do your homework!

Based on the way MultiPool has responded and is paying people back for missed coins, it seems an honest mistake.  They run many pools and I am sure they didnt know that Diamond paid bonus blocks...We are glad to have Multipool as part of the Diamond community Smiley
i was going to make a video for DMD, but i have decided it might be better for me to just fork out some cash and pay for a professional company to do one, do you think this is a good idea? for a small fee we could run it as advertisement on youtube, i think that would work well, if you agree this is a good idea, what do you think the video should contain, i have the money but im a little bit blank when it comes to promoting a coin, i have made video's in the past for youtube, but not anything like this, and that's the reason i think it would be best to pay for it instead i think we should promote DMD as the next btc, like the DMD site says a commodity for the store of your wealth, i will need to write a basic script for them and any help would be much appreciated.

A video is a great idea. I think it should be a little bit sexy/flashy as opposed to just a dry "Alice pays Bob" video. It should point out the technical advantages of course, but also  shouldn't shy away from using the inherent marketability/appeal in owning "diamonds". I don't think it's really necessary to directly promote DMD as "the next BTC" - many people will already have that feeling without it being said, and it would probably if as few people thought of it as just another "copycoin" as possible. Just my opinion anyways.

The main DMD site's listed features:

- DMD is an ASIC-resistant scrypt coin.
- It combines proof-of-work and proof-of-stake, providing excellent resistance to 51% attacks.
- No pre-mining or instamining! 100% fair currency!
- It is super scarce: only 4.38 million DMD will be created in eight years (starting from launch in July 2013).
- Linear creation means early users do not have an unfair advantage (no block reward halving ever).
- Block time is one minute and each block contains 1 DMD.
- Every day, 10 random blocks contain 2 DMD (bonus blocks), 3 blocks contain 8 DMD (super blocks), and one block contains 30 DMD (super + block)!
- Difficulty re-targets at every block.

These are good, I'd also highlight:

- The environmental benefits of being scrypt (no ridiculous and wasteful ASIC arms race). Also, no Blood Diamonds!
- The speed/low transaction fees.
- How PoS and scarcity makes it a "saving" currency.
- Diamonds are a girls best friend?
- dmdpool.net has a great line on their site: "If BTC is gold, and LTC is silver, DMD is well, DIAMOND!"
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmg

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:00:23 PM

Big thanks to both WTParker2 and Tripmode for your excellent investigation.

This has put my worries about the DMD possibly being hi-jacked to rest.
All your scenarios explains very well why I have received less DMDs than 'usual' over the last few days.
And it also reinstates my trust in the DMD.

May the DMD finally get that big price-jump it rightfully deserve being a truly rare entity..!
I guess when it eventually nears it's end in 50k+ units time it will indeed rise to much much higher value..

There is a good team behind Diamond - Zuper, PalmDetroit, Myself... Last time there was a forking issue we were on it within minutes.  If anyone is fucking around we would know about it! No one is able to cheat and generate superblocks, I can assture you that.

As for pool operators not paying bonus blocks, that has nothing to do with the coin - when researching a pool make sure you do your homework!

Based on the way MultiPool has responded and is paying people back for missed coins, it seems an honest mistake.  They run many pools and I am sure they didnt know that Diamond paid bonus blocks...We are glad to have Multipool as part of the Diamond community Smiley
i was going to make a video for DMD, but i have decided it might be better for me to just fork out some cash and pay for a professional company to do one, do you think this is a good idea? for a small fee we could run it as advertisement on youtube, i think that would work well, if you agree this is a good idea, what do you think the video should contain, i have the money but im a little bit blank when it comes to promoting a coin, i have made video's in the past for youtube, but not anything like this, and that's the reason i think it would be best to pay for it instead i think we should promote DMD as the next btc, like the DMD site says a commodity for the store of your wealth, i will need to write a basic script for them and any help would be much appreciated.

A video is a great idea. I think it should be a little bit sexy/flashy as opposed to just a dry "Alice pays Bob" video. It should point out the technical advantages of course, but also  shouldn't shy away from using the inherent marketability/appeal in owning "diamonds". I don't think it's really necessary to directly promote DMD as "the next BTC" - many people will already have that feeling without it being said, and it would probably if as few people thought of it as just another "copycoin" as possible. Just my opinion anyways.

The main DMD site's listed features:

- DMD is an ASIC-resistant scrypt coin.
- It combines proof-of-work and proof-of-stake, providing excellent resistance to 51% attacks.
- No pre-mining or instamining! 100% fair currency!
- It is super scarce: only 4.38 million DMD will be created in eight years (starting from launch in July 2013).
- Linear creation means early users do not have an unfair advantage (no block reward halving ever).
- Block time is one minute and each block contains 1 DMD.
- Every day, 10 random blocks contain 2 DMD (bonus blocks), 3 blocks contain 8 DMD (super blocks), and one block contains 30 DMD (super + block)!
- Difficulty re-targets at every block.

These are good, I'd also highlight:

- The environmental benefits of being scrypt (no ridiculous and wasteful ASIC arms race). Also, no Blood Diamonds!
- The speed/low transaction fees.
- How PoS and scarcity makes it a "saving" currency.
- Diamonds are a girls best friend?
- dmdpool.net has a great line on their site: "If BTC is gold, and LTC is silver, DMD is well, DIAMOND!"

Depends who you target the video to. If it's the crypto coin enthusiasts, then all the above should be highlighted to show the advantages of Diamond against other coins. If it's the general audience, then a very short (1-minute) video explaining what you can do with Diamond, like the original Bitcoin video (www.bitcoin.org), with animation, a clever script and no technical jargon is needed.

My thinking is that 2014 will see a huge influx of people hearing about and becoming interested in digital currency for the first time. Given the drawbacks and difficulties associated with Bitcoin, a few other serious candidates will emerge, based on acceptance by this large audience. I think it is THIS audience we should make a video for. This will help Diamond grow steadily, organically and without the pump-and-dump nonsense of most other alt coins. It is a long shot but, if successful, this will establish Diamond as the most serious digital currency out there. Judging from what I see by the new dev team and the discussions of the community in this forum, this is probably the most serious alt coin that currently exists (perhaps with PPC and WDC, which also seem to have serious communities around them).

If you can take over the artistic part of the video development, I can have a go at the script. PM me if interested. Let's help Diamond realise its true potential!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

if you do the script, i will pay for it, it will cost a few k but i will get it done
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Only 2 pool and I can't connect to either one!!!!

It's NOT my CMD. my line and cgminer work for many other coins..
So is there a problem of too much traffic or flaw or do you just not want people mining..YEP that will make very rare indeed...
I have one outstanding Diamond coin I have yet to receive after a request for a payout several days ago.
Pity as I agree this coin because if it's name alone will do well.

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
gmg

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:27:12 PM

So is there a problem of too much traffic or flaw or do you just not want people mining..YEP that will make very rare indeed...
I have one outstanding Diamond coin I have yet to receive after a request for a payout several days ago.

There are many pools now, not only two! Check the OP.

My advice is to stay away from minar.cc as they don't pay the bonus blocks (and they don't bother to reply to our complaints and make right what they owe!). dmdpool.net has a very slow website, but its stratum mining backend works perfectly.
gmg

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:29:40 PM

if you do the script, i will pay for it, it will cost a few k but i will get it done

I also got a PM from another user, who says they can take care of the graphic design part. Thanks to both of you guys!

I'm off for the new year celebrations in a while, so I'll get back to both of you on Thursday to coordinate this!

2014 will be a Diamond year! Happy New Year to all!!!
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

DMD Mining Pools:
http://www.dmdcoin.net/getting-started/mining-pools/

Smiley
gmg

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:37:10 PM

Searches for Diamond coin in 2013 (from Google Trends): http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Diamond%20coin&date=1%2F2013%2012m&cmpt=q

Grin Grin Grin
captchunk

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:53:27 PM

Nice climb. Is someone going to create a subreddit?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:17:00 PM

is there any page that give insight into the POS miracle

how to setup and earn dmd with POS

if im sitting on example 1000 dmd how much POS dmd i can expect for have wallet running 24/7
Id too like to know more about this. Started mining this a few days ago on only 1 of my rigs, and have a whopping 3 DMD!
Really like the name and the scarcity of this coin - in total contrast to doge which ive also been mining i feel like i have both ends of the altcoin spectrum covered off Smiley

don't just mine them bro, there only a few dollars buy 100 bucks worth, while you still can im sitting on about 5k and it didn't cost that much compared to what i will make, i expect DMD to go past btc prices next year, wall street is about to move into crypto's big time, billions of $ are about to pour in, and DMD just has that sort of name and features that attract big time investors, so i believe 2014 will be huge for DMD

how u think i got my 2k diamonds.....

now the answer for the question still missing

how POS implementation in DMD is working?

1:1 copy of PPC ?

as a big stake holder i wana focus on POS and use my POW power for other shortterm coins which i sell for BTC to buy more DMD

fact is mine other coins and buy DMD is the better way special because it gives a living market and raise value over time

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:20:17 PM

it is strange - I did solomine a lot of coins over time, which shows in my wallet as solomined with an anonymous address of my own as it's supposed to be - but when I enter a new address for e.g. a pool where I want to pool mine a bit - then nearly all solomined addresses in my wallet change to that new pool address I just entered as receive..? not all addresses change though - it's randomly..
not that it matter - my coins are still there I'm just puzzled as to why that happens..

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
tarchy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:23:57 PM

ZUPER

2 days ago you replied to me on PM and said you would unlock my account, it is still not unlocked and you still haven't told me why it was locked!

This is getting ridiculous! Are you just scamming me or will you unlock my account?!

USERNAME: TARCHY

captchunk

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:40:56 PM

how u think i got my 2k diamonds.....

now the answer for the question still missing

how POS implementation in DMD is working?

1:1 copy of PPC ?

as a big stake holder i wana focus on POS and use my POW power for other shortterm coins which i sell for BTC to buy more DMD

fact is mine other coins and buy DMD is the better way special because it gives a living market and raise value over time
[/quote]

I got minting to work in DMD in Ubuntu, though not as securely as I'd like. From the QT client: Help -> Debug -> Console -> walletpassphrase (yourwalletpasswordhere) 999999 true. Takes a few minutes to unlock. Doesn't say it's "minting", just says "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked"
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:46:32 PM

ZUPER

2 days ago you replied to me on PM and said you would unlock my account, it is still not unlocked and you still haven't told me why it was locked!

This is getting ridiculous! Are you just scamming me or will you unlock my account?!

USERNAME: TARCHY

Dear Tarchy,

As i have already replied you yesterday, this username does not exist in dmdpool.net.
Are you sure that you mine through dmdpool.net?
Zisef

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:47:38 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 09:28:39 PM by Zisef

dmdpools.net just paid out, and answered our emails. Thanks very much for your time!
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 10:37:12 PM

I got minting to work in DMD in Ubuntu, though not as securely as I'd like. From the QT client: Help -> Debug -> Console -> walletpassphrase (yourwalletpasswordhere) 999999 true. Takes a few minutes to unlock. Doesn't say it's "minting", just says "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked"

i reached that status too by following  some PPC guide

i just wana know how much minting coins i can expect and when it starts?

if i have as example 1000 coins in my wallet they need to wait 30days until mintings starts?
and once i generated 1 coin all 1000 coins reset to 30 days wait again? please some dev describe the POS part of DMD

beside minting i have some more questions about promotong DMD

how can it be that as example a 1 day old coin like mooncoin is listet on markets where DMD isnt

please devs or any other active promoter try to get DMD listed on any coin market

example: https://coinex.pw no DMD listed

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:12:27 PM

i reached that status too by following  some PPC guide

i just wana know how much minting coins i can expect and when it starts?

if i have as example 1000 coins in my wallet they need to wait 30days until mintings starts?
and once i generated 1 coin all 1000 coins reset to 30 days wait again? please some dev describe the POS part of DMD

beside minting i have some more questions about promotong DMD

how can it be that as example a 1 day old coin like mooncoin is listet on markets where DMD isnt

please devs or any other active promoter try to get DMD listed on any coin market

DMD is listed on cryptsy
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 11:52:07 PM

DMD is listed on cryptsy
please devs or any other active promoter try to get DMD listed on every coin market

the point is if we wana have more success than just another mine and sell for BTC coin we need good promotion that includes to be listed on every coin market

noone would start a coin market without BTC and LTC listed

wenn need to be listed everywhere too the cound as one of the must have coins

one of the stay for sure and be a factor coins

as i see it we need

a good dmd coin webside: mostly done FAQ example POS howto guide and so on is missing
a good dmd coin comunity forum: lets say this here is good enought for now
get old outdated diamond coin infos up to date: lot to do still shitload old infos of a dead coin to be found: lot to do to make sure we have the phönix who come back to life image and is imortal now image
promotion: i like the idea of a youtube spot

a raising coin value: buy buy buy mine just other shit sell it and buy DMD not try to get it only cheap just try to buy up every to cheap sell order to make our value go up

skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:59:37 PM

hold your horses - the value of DMD will happen, trust me - try to think deeper and with a long term horizon about it and you will figure..
i'm not gonna say more than this.. people who know - knows Smiley

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:06:29 AM

hold your horses - the value of DMD will happen, trust me - try to think deeper and with a long term horizon about it and you will figure..
i'm not gonna say more than this.. people who know - knows Smiley

all i can see is every week we see a few new coins released
we must be clearly visible different from that shit

i wana see our value per coin rate at nr2 on all charts just behind BTC even ahead of LTC

for now example http://coinmarketcap.com/ we are just far far away from the top and battle with crap coins

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: