Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:42:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50037 times)
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:38:34 AM

Diamond Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dmdcoin
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:57:41 AM

diamond is missing here: http://coinchoose.com/

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:21:24 AM

i don't use Facebook, but good idea, thanks dev's how about twitter next?
gmg

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:36:43 AM

diamond is missing here: http://coinchoose.com/

No, it's not! See page 2.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:25:29 AM

i think our promotion of this coin should focus on its 4 strenghts

--------------------------------------
first and most important: its not to late to join the train! 8 years constant mining rewards give someone who join mining or buy coins now same chances as an early adopter had.

second: longtime network stability but very low inflation is gained by a low&endless POS (proof of stake) mechanissmn this make diamonds ideal investment coin in opposite to the endless pump and dump cointypes on market (high POS coins suffer from high inflation! DMD keeps POS at a balanced 1% setting to keep network strong even after 8 years but without high inflation)

third: very limited amount to own a few diamonds is a lot and can secure ur share in this success story. limited avaibility reward buyer much more than seller this will soon lead to an constan increasing value (shorttime value drop we see now is by multipool miners who instasell this is a good oportunity for people who invest instead of mine BUY NOW!)

forth: diamond is serious business and no shorttime joke. we have dedicated devs and a growing base of supporters. Diamonds are forever!
----------------------------------------

(second point need a in detail explaination about the dmd POS funktionality from dev side)
(forth point need proof by us and is crucial for success!)

sure this need to be written in better word by an native english speaker but basically i think this are the DMD strenghts we should comunicate as much as possible

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:57:26 AM

+1 great points there!
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:00:21 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 01:23:01 PM by cryptonit

question about 2 ways to earn DMD by mining what do u prefer whats better for the coin?

way1:
use a multipools instasell the random-coins and buy DMD
+this earn more DMD than mining DMD and it raises DMD value by buying cheap sell orders
-this lowers DMD difficulty which make it profitable for multipools which mine and sell DMD and this lowers DMD value

way2:
mine DMD direct
+easy not much work
+my mined DMD dont lower DMD value because i dont sell it cheap i keep it in my wallet
-no DMD buy orders by me so less increase coin value by buying DMD
-over all less DMD earned each day
-lowers daily traded DMD which some investors see as important to dedect if a coin is alive or dying

my own answer is that way1 is the better way for now it makes DMD value not increase as fast as it should but it make it look a alive coin (because lot buy orders (from us) and sell orders (from multipool dudes) are ongoimng each day. and i earn more DMD each day this way

i think we should maybe first try get lot DMD in our wallets and later raise coin value

DMD investors/miners thinks longterm i guess so this plan sounds good to me

sammart57

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:15:56 PM

i don't know why you guys even bother with pool mining, difficulty is low enough that I end up with about 25ish a day mining solo with 4.2 mhs
sometimes more, sometimes a little less.. with multipool I was getting about 5-8 a day iirc  Angry

I've always pool mined, because I'm unsure how to solo mine. Do I need to install the wallet on my linux mining PC in order to solo mine? I only have the wallets on my laptop windows PC, which is not suitable for mining. Or do I just need to configure cgminer differently on the linux box?

yes, you need to have the wallet on your mining pc, I have mine running, then setup cgminer to mine various coins using batch files.. all in all pretty painless.
as long as the difficulty stays fairly low I prefer solo mining just because I can quadruple what i'd make in a pool.

I'm not a very big fan of pools, and can't for the life of me understand why anyone would use them with low diff coins.
with the really high diff ones I can see, but low diff? solo every time for me.
z04h97nezr

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:54:51 PM

I for one like pooling because it's set up very quickly without the wallet.
http://dmdpool.digsys.bg has zero pool fees, transaction fee is minimum required by the network, so that might be an option.
@whoever created that pool: nice one! Because I'm curious: what's your reason for setting up a pool for free?

@minar.cc: I understand that you had to be quiet long enough after you found the error, so that you could fix stuff without having a net negative yourself. But the dilemma is that hearing nothing and getting no response is the worst thing you can do in a service related business venture.
Also some people said that you kept bonus blocks etc. which doesn't help either.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:25:13 PM

can someone help, i think i've found a block and it got rejected? nothing in the wallet and no accepted shares just a lot of rejects. do i just have to wait for confirmation or am i missing something? cheers

That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:29:29 AM

can someone help, i think i've found a block and it got rejected? nothing in the wallet and no accepted shares just a lot of rejects. do i just have to wait for confirmation or am i missing something? cheers

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, just sometimes you get unlucky and get a rejected Block. What are your CGMiner settings and Diamond.conf?

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
captchunk

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:34:14 AM

@whoever created that pool: nice one! Because I'm curious: what's your reason for setting up a pool for free?

What kind of server specs is one looking at to host pool?
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:44:59 AM

http://dmdpool.digsys.bg has zero pool fees, transaction fee is minimum required by the network, so that might be an option.

Since I am the one who set up this pool, I will answer your question:

1. Why set up the DMD pool? I was curious Smiley Also, at the time DMD was just re-started and needed some help. There is always much to learn from doing things like this.

2. The pool initially suffered from many bugs in the stratum server and the front-end. In essence, these bugs made many leave. I can understand it and this is the reality of services. But the pool does function and anyone is free to use it.

3. The pool uses proportional payments, because this is "obviously" the easiest to understand by users and it is also fair, considering that people today look at their hashing power as an investment.

4. The pool usage is free and the transaction fees are at minimum, because I believe this is the essence of crypto currencies. You don't pay other people in order to participate in the network, why should you pay in order to mine together with others? The low transaction fees encourage people to have their earnings sent to them right away, so less is sitting at the pool wallet (and less risk there is for large double payments, software errors and other causing loss of funds).

5. The resources required to run these pools (I have built around a dozen already for other coins) are modest. Well, this is probably because I already have the infrastructure available, but -- you can run a very good pool on cheaper hardware than you need in order to create even a modest miner!

All of these things are in line with what I have been doing in the past 25 years to make Internet work for people. Today, I can say it was the right thing to do.

Nevertheless, I can understand the temptation to be part of the frenzy and benefit from other people's desire to get rich quick. Remember the Wild West? Remember Alaska? Neither approach is wrong.

By the way, people do donate to the pool. The donations are very modest, but if compared to the actually mined coins, they would equal 0.3% pool fee.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
captchunk

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:39:53 AM

Since I am the one who set up this pool, I will answer your question:

1. Why set up the DMD pool? I was curious Smiley Also, at the time DMD was just re-started and needed some help. There is always much to learn from doing things like this.

2. The pool initially suffered from many bugs in the stratum server and the front-end. In essence, these bugs made many leave. I can understand it and this is the reality of services. But the pool does function and anyone is free to use it.

3. The pool uses proportional payments, because this is "obviously" the easiest to understand by users and it is also fair, considering that people today look at their hashing power as an investment.

4. The pool usage is free and the transaction fees are at minimum, because I believe this is the essence of crypto currencies. You don't pay other people in order to participate in the network, why should you pay in order to mine together with others? The low transaction fees encourage people to have their earnings sent to them right away, so less is sitting at the pool wallet (and less risk there is for large double payments, software errors and other causing loss of funds).

5. The resources required to run these pools (I have built around a dozen already for other coins) are modest. Well, this is probably because I already have the infrastructure available, but -- you can run a very good pool on cheaper hardware than you need in order to create even a modest miner!

All of these things are in line with what I have been doing in the past 25 years to make Internet work for people. Today, I can say it was the right thing to do.

Nevertheless, I can understand the temptation to be part of the frenzy and benefit from other people's desire to get rich quick. Remember the Wild West? Remember Alaska? Neither approach is wrong.

By the way, people do donate to the pool. The donations are very modest, but if compared to the actually mined coins, they would equal 0.3% pool fee.

I like your style. I'm going to give your pool a whirl. And it must be nice having that kind of infrastructure available, I've been server shopping with the idea of setting up a pool with a friend of mine, and we'd at least want to cover our costs. Seems difficult though, not to mention challenging considering how many pools seem to have technical complications. It's not the challenge that's worrisome part exactly, more like the gang of angry crypto-nerds that would show up at my door wanting to stick a red-hot asic in my eye after messing up their payouts  Smiley

zuper (OP)

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:15:29 AM

Hello miners,

DMDpool.net decided to provide their services with 0% fee!
Website is really fast, stratum server has 100% uptime.

Enjoy!!
Happy mining!
H3XiD

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:16:28 PM

What's with pools like dmd.minar.cc stealing the bonus coins?
gmg

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:34:48 PM

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, just sometimes you get unlucky and get a rejected Block. What are your CGMiner settings and Diamond.conf?

0 accepted shares and >188,000 rejected ones???

There's something seriously wrong with your setup! If you're solo mining (which I doubt), the number after the A: in cgminer shows how many blocks you've found successfully and the number after the R: shows how many you found but were rejected (orphans, etc.). If you're pool mining, you're not connected correctly to the pool (check your settings).
cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

There's something seriously wrong with your setup! If you're solo mining (which I doubt), the number after the A: in cgminer shows how many blocks you've found successfully and the number after the R: shows how many you found but were rejected (orphans, etc.). If you're pool mining, you're not connected correctly to the pool (check your settings).

There's nothing wrong here.  He's solo mining and he found a stale block.  Notice his rejects is exactly equal to the difficulty of his solved block.  He solved a block that the network did not accept - likely because someone found it before him and his client hadn't polled the network yet. 

There's nothing wrong here. 
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

There's nothing wrong here.  He's solo mining and he found a stale block.  Notice his rejects is exactly equal to the difficulty of his solved block.  He solved a block that the network did not accept - likely because someone found it before him and his client hadn't polled the network yet. 

that is correct sir thank you

ps. screenshot was taken after about 3minutes of mining and later i found 3 blocks within few hours. i need more gpu's so i switched to a more profitable coin for now but wll come back with more hash power soon Smiley

cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

that is correct sir thank you

ps. screenshot was taken after about 3minutes of mining and later i found 3 blocks within few hours. i need more gpu's so i switched to a more profitable coin for now but wll come back with more hash power soon Smiley

I've been running with 8 times that hashrate for 5 hours and have hit 1 block.  consider yourself lucky to get 3. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: