Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50037 times)
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:54:46 PM

Please ask for adding DMD to the poll.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417125.0

Sent it.
zuper (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:25:58 AM

Please ask for adding DMD to the poll.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417125.0

Added. Vote ppl!
popshot

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:56:14 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 01:08:24 AM by popshot

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/dmd/btc/cryptsy/3-months

here can u see easy how small the market is if u play with the idea of investing into DMD u better dont wait its like impossible just buy 2000 DMD u need to constant buy up all reasonable priced stuff a few days to be able get that ammount and the price would raise a lot

best hint is to buy like a few hundrets each day if u dont wana raise price to much for ur future buy orders

once u got close to the ammount u wanted to buy make a big last buy order to raise coin value as much as possible

I'm already past that mark, and out of the damn cash to spend on that coin. If only my other coins hadn't tank so much I would be probably selling those to buy more DMDs. I've done my last big order and now will turn to mining it for as long as I can before difficulty goes through the roof.
All the rest will be minted - will be turning on my wallet every ~35 days to see if anything comes out of it. However with only 1% of minting per year I would be getting just a few coins per month. Still if the price is right this will be more than enough for doing absolutely nothing.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:12:39 AM

All the rest will be minted - will be turning on my wallet every ~35 days to see if anything comes out of it. However with only 1% of minting per year I would be getting just a few coins per month. Still if the price is right this will be more than enough for doing absolutely nothing.

once more the POS miracle appears
please devs give us insight

as I understand POS it requires to keep wallet open all the times
1% of existing coins will be created as POS blocks over the year
to earn some POS blocks u need to have ur wallet open and coins in stake status (just do a getinfo in command line of ur wallet)
so if I understand this system right I can earn much more than 1% of my coins a year in POS because so many people have their wallet and their coins not competing for the POS blocks I should be able earn much more

POS isn't interest
POS is an alternative way to create coins and  u only compete for the coins if ur wallet is open and unlocked for mining/minting purpose

I still wana have more insight in the excat ways POS is working in DMD
please read text below and correct me where I am wrong

coins must be 30 days in my wallet until they switch into stake status
all coins of whole dmd network which are in stake status are participating in POS block generation
all this coins in stake status are working as a additional dmd network protection someone need not only 51% of hashing power but also 51% of stake to be able fork the coin
what happens with my coins if I generated one stake block? all have to wait 30 days again to compete in POS? all stay in stake mode but lose their gathered coin "years"?

I am right with my assumption that im able create more than 1% of my dmd's a year in POS block and this 1% of total existing dmd as POS block are splited between the people who active compete for them

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:14:22 PM

As far as I know, PoS only works if the wallet is running 24/7. That's how it is in Peercoin anyway.

Someone please correct me if that's not the case.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
zuper (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:21:23 PM

Dear all,

It s really great that community is serious and active. All dev team is working on DMD development.
Some facts, up to now:
  • Stable network
  • Functional wallet
  • Many online mining pools
  • DMD is resurrected in the mind of users
  • Active trading platform

This period we were working on DMDpool stability and loading speed.
Please be patient... New releases are coming soon, but please give us some time. We are working hard for DMD.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:52:56 PM

please try to implement into wallet a way to unlock it only for minting without entering passphrase in cleartext into console

some easy activate minting button with a password dialog where u enter it hidden and nowhere saved in cleartext

in console u can read former typed command an so password is visible cleartext

absolute minimum would be a clear console comand which clear console window and comand history

and please dont forget to scan dmd code for details about the POS implementation and enlight us!

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
popshot

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

As far as I know, PoS only works if the wallet is running 24/7. That's how it is in Peercoin anyway.

Someone please correct me if that's not the case.

Minting is automatic and it is not required to have the wallet open 24/7 (it has to be unlocked though at the time of minting). After each transaction each coin gets a time stamp and maturity starts counting form that moment.

These are some comments made by an individual called Alertness (Peercoin Activist/Sr. Member) which were not disapproved:

“Say you have 100 coins.

You have to hold them still (no transactions in or out from that address), after approximately 90 days you will have minted about 0.25 in new Peercoins.

If you keep minting your coins like this, after about 1 year, you will have about 1 full Peercoin newly minted, (101 coins total).

There is some randomness involved so that is why we can't say the exact day or hour that your coins will be minted because your coins are competing against other people's coin ages and that is random.

So basically,
1 = 1% of 100
90 days = .25 of a year

So if you have 100 coins and you hold them for 90 days you will get 1/4 of 1%, which is .25 coins.
If you had 100 coins and you hold them for just 60 days, you would get about .16 or .17 coins.

There is some variation based on the coin age and the exact moment your coins end up minting, but if you are consistent about it, it comes to ~1% per year, (give or take a few days due to the randomness).”

and

“If had 100 Peercoins and you saved them for 10 years, and then minted... you should receive 10 coins. The only thing you would miss out is compound interest... which if you started with 100 coins would be about .001 PPC that you would have missed out on over ten years time... which is not much really to worry about, IMO.”

---
It appears that PoS is pretty much work in progress and will be addressed in more depth most probably by the end of PoW cycle.

All the above info has to be confirmed by the devs, though.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:14:04 PM

thx a lot popshot

now im really interested how the dmd implementation works is it a 1:1 clone or did they change something on behavior?

sp my theory to be able POS more coins because lot people never go into minting mode is wrong?

shouldnt we be able to see any dmd POS coins generated by checking the block explorer?

how would it look like?

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

Dear all,

It s really great that community is serious and active. All dev team is working on DMD development.
Some facts, up to now:
  • Stable network
  • Functional wallet
  • Many online mining pools
  • DMD is resurrected in the mind of users
  • Active trading platform

This period we were working on DMDpool stability and loading speed.
Please be patient... New releases are coming soon, but please give us some time. We are working hard for DMD.
thanks mate, the only reason i keep asking is because i want to start making this commercial and i want it to be up to date
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:46:33 PM

i locked my wallet and now i want to unlock it to earn pos, how do i unlock? i see an option for changing the key but not to just unlock and leave it unlocked
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:46:14 AM

i locked my wallet and now i want to unlock it to earn pos, how do i unlock? i see an option for changing the key but not to just unlock and leave it unlocked

i do it this way:

create a diamond.conf file in same folder with  diamond-qt.exe

write this lines in it and save it:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=somerandomusername
rpcpassword=somerandomandlonglonglongpassword
rpcport=17772
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=192.241.81.68
addnode=27.3.56.138
addnode=216.155.151.242
addnode=84.237.202.34
addnode=121.206.245.183
addnode=70.98.114.237
addnode=97.89.174.206

start diamond-qt.exe
once launched go into console and type
walletpassphrase urwalletpassword 999999999999999999 true

because of setting true u opened wallet only for minting
every transaction still ask for password

last step u have to make sure ur router and ur pc firewall allow incomming connections at port 17772

if ur coins old enought to earn POS u see if u type getinfo in console
if u have a stake above 0 u have coins old enought to possible create POS blocks

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:58:52 AM

i have 5000 dmd i have had for about a month, but i wanna start now, thanks for the info mate
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:59:38 AM

a few ideas for devs tp consider for new wallet:

add a easy way to unlock wallet for minting where we dont have to type in password somewhere where it stays visible in cleartext the whole itme wallet is running

would be great if all files are in installation folder even the blocks
noone likes his system partion be filled up with all their wallet data

would be great if wallet dat is renamed to something a infested pc isnt search for at high priority

call it o12ast.dll only insider would come to the idea this is the wallet file

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:22:41 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 05:32:55 AM by dadon

or a wallet that can be locked and still receive pos, that would make me feel safer and im sure everyone else
popshot

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:34:14 PM

Could you please add a one-click solution for minting coins. A button after clicking on which the wallet would simply ask for password  to unlock it for minting purposes. It's easy to do it manually in the console but for complete noobs it's simply not an option. Some  counter of coins maturity would be an advantage along with option to set aside coins one would like to use just for spending.

This would be a big selling point of DMD...
Cryptonit, these were my thoughts as well. Simplifying things for newcomers is essential. For many people getting to grips with using Cryptsy or sending coins is already a challenge.
People fear things they do not understand especially when it comes to money. "It just works" approach is a good one, people then don't have to go around the internet looking for solutions for their problems on different forums - finding out how to operate in the console. Most people are 'point and click' .. writing commands in a console (no matter how easy it is) is a 'no go' for most.

Quote from: cryptonit
so my theory to be able POS more coins because lot people never go into minting mode is wrong?
From what I have learnt it is not the case. The less people there are who are minting at the particular time the higher the chance you have got of solving the block ‘mint’ (or whatever it involves) before anyone else does. It does not mean you would get more, it means you would get it quicker than others – which doesn’t matter that much if at all. 

shouldnt we be able to see any dmd POS coins generated by checking the block explorer?
how would it look like?
I went through Peercoin blockchain explorer to find out just that, but there is no identifiable information that would say straight away that this particular coin was minted. First of all you need to know what you’re looking for – as minted coins are of small denomination. From what I have gathered, they do not differ from the mined (PoW) ones.
However, you would be able to see in your wallet that there are incoming transactions labeled as minted coins, the same as if you solo mined.

would be great if wallet dat is renamed to something a infested pc isnt search for at high priority
call it o12ast.dll only insider would come to the idea this is the wallet file
Think about it for a minute. People who write viruses would have ‘insiders’ knowledge and would readjust accordingly – by just writing in the virus code [serach for > wallet.dat and o12ast.dll]. What would make it more difficult is the random name generated wallet name so each client/wallet would have a different one. It could, however, cause problems with importing wallet file if you changed your client or moved it to a different machine. How would you know which file to replace?

Quote from: dadon
or a wallet that can be locked and still receive pos, that would make me fell safer and im sure everyone else
I think cryptonit has already answered this
because of setting true u opened wallet only for minting
every transaction still ask for password
Indeed, when you are in PoS mode with encrypted wallet it does say it’s encrypted but open for minting. I haven’t tested sending coins while in PoS mode but I assume it works (asks for a password). Could someone check this please.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:47:00 AM

Indeed, when you are in PoS mode with encrypted wallet it does say it’s encrypted but open for minting. I haven’t tested sending coins while in PoS mode but I assume it works (asks for a password). Could someone check this please.

bad news Sad seems dmd wallet is unlocked for everything including transactions........

i tested today my wallet was in minting mode and i was able do a outgoing transaction without entering my password

so this needs to be changed for sure its a major security risk

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:56:00 AM

some early adopter getting out on cryptsy?  1484DMD sell wall Sad
popshot

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 01:39:58 PM

bad news Sad seems dmd wallet is unlocked for everything including transactions........
i tested today my wallet was in minting mode and i was able do a outgoing transaction without entering my password
so this needs to be changed for sure its a major security risk

Well, all we need to do is to open the wallet only for relatively short periods of time. It doesn't have to run unlocked all the time. Also lets keep our OS secure and don't be too paranoid about it -  with reasonable approach there's not much to worry about.

Quote from: iikun

some early adopter getting out on cryptsy?  1484DMD sell wall

I doubt it's that. These sell walls were there before,  but I was buying them so they were disappearing quickly - hehe.  I don't know if you've invested in the other coins but ALL of mine are falling like mad. Even Bitcoin seems to be shaky. General market theory that applies to stock markets is that there are falls in January due to the end of the financial year. I'm not sure if it applies to cryptos. Maybe people who got in dept over Christmas are now faced with paying back and are unwilling to invest in cryptos.

If no one is buying the price will go down. It's as simple as that. Those sell walls must be of some kick ass mining setup owners who simply have to cash out to get some money back for used electricity. Many of sell orders if not all are automatic from pools and multipools. I can't imagine anyone sane selling below $1 mark as most of early adopterd bought for at least that price.

Be patient and hold your weak hands. Buy while it's cheap.  The ride has just started. Think about Litecoin a few months earlier, tanking like crazy to shoot up to $40. These things happen cyclically.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:30:43 PM

Quote from: iikun

some early adopter getting out on cryptsy?  1484DMD sell wall

I doubt it's that. These sell walls were there before,  but I was buying them so they were disappearing quickly - hehe.  I don't know if you've invested in the other coins but ALL of mine are falling like mad. Even Bitcoin seems to be shaky. General market theory that applies to stock markets is that there are falls in January due to the end of the financial year. I'm not sure if it applies to cryptos. Maybe people who got in dept over Christmas are now faced with paying back and are unwilling to invest in cryptos.

If no one is buying the price will go down. It's as simple as that. Those sell walls must be of some kick ass mining setup owners who simply have to cash out to get some money back for used electricity. Many of sell orders if not all are automatic from pools and multipools. I can't imagine anyone sane selling below $1 mark as most of early adopterd bought for at least that price.

Be patient and hold your weak hands. Buy while it's cheap.  The ride has just started. Think about Litecoin a few months earlier, tanking like crazy to shoot up to $40. These things happen cyclically.

yeah, I bought in at $1 myself so no way I'm selling anytime soon. Just discouraging to see so much avail for sale @ $1. Stay the course it is!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: