Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50036 times)
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:09:08 AM

I'm really looking forward to the forum! The @dmdcoin twitter is up to 15 followers. Please follow it and share if you get a chance and are on twitter. There's been some positive tweets about diamond coin lately too. The #dmd wave is just beginning!  Grin

captchunk

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:17:13 AM

Just spitballing here: I think if DMD wants to bill itself as the coin for storing wealth securely, it needs a piece DMD-specialized of hardware to make that happen. Otherwise it's just another QT wallet, which is as secure or insecure as the user is willing to educate themselves.

There could possibly a great deal of people out there that want to invest in cryptos, but are unsure when it comes to the security aspect of it. There are offline Bitcoin wallet/devices out there, that are able to receive and broadcast payments without the wallet itself being connected. They're not too common yet (but probably the future IMO). Anyways maybe DMD could really make security it's thang, and become synonymous with security throughout the crypto world.

Not that I have the resources for the development of such a device  Smiley  But there are so many god damn coins popping up left and right, if DMD had a piece of hardware for cold storage of coins or something it would go a long way in distinguishing itself from the masses. Just a thought anyways.

(Even a way to generate paper wallets directly from the client might be good)
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:04:11 AM

Just spitballing here: I think if DMD wants to bill itself as the coin for storing wealth securely, it needs a piece DMD-specialized of hardware to make that happen. Otherwise it's just another QT wallet, which is as secure or insecure as the user is willing to educate themselves.

There could possibly a great deal of people out there that want to invest in cryptos, but are unsure when it comes to the security aspect of it. There are offline Bitcoin wallet/devices out there, that are able to receive and broadcast payments without the wallet itself being connected. They're not too common yet (but probably the future IMO). Anyways maybe DMD could really make security it's thang, and become synonymous with security throughout the crypto world.

Not that I have the resources for the development of such a device  Smiley  But there are so many god damn coins popping up left and right, if DMD had a piece of hardware for cold storage of coins or something it would go a long way in distinguishing itself from the masses. Just a thought anyways.

(Even a way to generate paper wallets directly from the client might be good)
     Shocked yup for sure about this coin either buy or mine don't sell Smiley
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:08:43 AM

shine bright like a diamond!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:24:40 PM

As a sign of good faith and my willingness to help, I have converted an old twitter profile to @dmdcoin complete with my previous 5 followers Wink . I will be happy to turn over the reigns to the devs or am willing to use it to promote Diamond Coin. Here is the account: https://twitter.com/dmdcoin Let me know.

Hi - I've added the @DMDcoin to my Alt /Digital coin Twitter feed list https://twitter.com/Timelord2067/lists/alt-digital-coin I'm trying to gather all the various Twitter accounts into one feed.  Don't know if any-one else is doing, but this is my one.

Regards,

DMD: dRFU4RMoVuNaLegTLDcf3vL6LzvaRnKaYe

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:40:28 PM

thanks mate! make sure you invest in some DMD, big things to come!
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:59:10 PM

Hi - I've added the @DMDcoin to my Alt /Digital coin Twitter feed list https://twitter.com/Timelord2067/lists/alt-digital-coin I'm trying to gather all the various Twitter accounts into one feed.  Don't know if any-one else is doing, but this is my one.

Regards,

DMD: dRFU4RMoVuNaLegTLDcf3vL6LzvaRnKaYe
[/quote]

Thanks Timelord!

networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:14:29 PM

Normally I mine at multipool.us but after having some problems today with them I switched over to dmdpool.net and so far have been running very smoothly at 2400-2700 kh/s with < 1% invalids (per dmdpool.net stats). I actually discovered dmd while mining at multipool and noticed how it was somewhat resistant to the multipool due to its difficulty readjustment after each block is found. Basically, when the multipool switches to mining dmd due to the profitability calculator, the difficulty skyrockets which leads to a decrease in profitability and therefore the multipool switches to another coin. In this manner, dmd is actually resistant to the multipools (at least the big ones) in that they aren't able to concentrate on it for more than a few blocks, which eventually leads to them removing dmd from their multipool choices (at least that appears to have happened at multipool.us). Doesn't this per block difficulty readjustment make dmd more stable at least in terms of mining difficulty and also prevent multipool dumping onto the market? Combine the POS and POW with multipool resistance and I think we have a winner here! Any thoughts?

That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:32:15 PM

I've been mining DMD for a while now and am getting close to the minimum I want to own. I have mainly been using DMDPool and have had no issues with it apart from the frontend being slow a couple times.

When I was on Multipool, I did not find I earned as much so switched back after a couple days, but when I was on Multipool a lot for other coins, I never saw DMD get hit by the Multipool switching, even when I saw the profitability getting DMD up the list and even being higher than what was being mined.

When mining on DMDPool I have been watching the difficulty and the Coinwarz charts to see how it is affected. I do see the difficulty climb on it, from say 1-2, but it does not stay at 2 diff often and falls back down, I think this is being caused by smaller auto switching pools, but it is not effective for these pools to mine DMD due to the limited amount of time they appear to mine them for. You can also see this in the network hashrate with it increasing by around 50MHs when it happens.

That said, for now, I have finished mining DMD and instead I'm going to mine through Middlecoin and use those profits to start buying DMD instead. Due to reasons mentioned above as well as the team, community and the way DMD appears to be marketed and built, I see a LOT of potential in this coin.

If this coin goes the way I'm kinda expecting it, I see this coin really taking off, I'm in this for the LONG run and won't even sell these if it hits $100 per coin.

I think some of you guys are going to be very wealthy in the future, especially Dadon with his 5000 coins.  Shocked

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 06:08:36 PM

When I was on Multipool, I did not find I earned as much so switched back after a couple days, but when I was on Multipool a lot for other coins, I never saw DMD get hit by the Multipool switching, even when I saw the profitability getting DMD up the list and even being higher than what was being mined.

Hmmm...that's strange. Multipool.us was hitting dmd quite a bit in December, hence my observations in the previous post. It hasn't hit at all in January though, at least that I've seen. I was simply speculating that they may have taken it off of the rotation due to the per block difficulty adjustment.

That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:23:51 PM

Hmmm...that's strange. Multipool.us was hitting dmd quite a bit in December, hence my observations in the previous post. It hasn't hit at all in January though, at least that I've seen. I was simply speculating that they may have taken it off of the rotation due to the per block difficulty adjustment.

You could be right, I actually didn't mine as much during some parts of December and wasn't watching the trending of the coin as much until the start of January. Hopefully they have taken it off though.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
networkcoinage

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

How about something along these lines...

...and here's for all of you that might appreciate a little mid-day or evening Pink Floyd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKCeFDnDiI

Shine on You Crazy Diamonds!

captchunk

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:14:36 PM

How about something along these lines...

...and here's for all of you that might appreciate a little mid-day or evening Pink Floyd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKCeFDnDiI

Shine on You Crazy Diamonds!

Hells yeah, I needed that
captchunk

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

Reached for the secret too soon, cried for the...moon?
danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Looking at how the network hash rate fluctuates, there is apparently an 50-70 Mh/s multipool (or solo miner) that comes and goes away. This is about half the network hash rate.. not good.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
jepistons

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:57:47 AM

I wonder when will get some updates on where we are headed
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

I wonder when will get some updates on where we are headed

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=121867;sa=showPosts

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 11:58:09 PM

new forum soon. lots of things to come check the link above your posts for more details, smart man buying 500 worth every piece of ink & paper spent.
popshot

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

DMD have great potential.
An anonymous DMD would be even greater IMO
Is this something youll eventually work on in the future ?

I'm planning to buy 500. Please work hard on DMD ! There's a place for some precious diamonds in this new market. I hope to see DMD over 100$.

Definitely implementation of Zerocoin's protocol is something to be looked at. It is just a matter of time most good coins will have such feature. Lets see what Anoncoin will do and how it works in real life.  

The forum should be up in the coming days where everyone will have a chance to push things further and quicker than it is now. Diamond needs some man power to speed things up.

Yes, $100 price is something I'm really looking forward to - which with continuous support and development is just a matter of time. Diamond's value is remarkably stable, so much better that it is with the other coins with somewhat similar characteristics. If you add a sound marketing strategy to the mix (which is being cooked up at the moment) we'll see some pretty positive changes and upward trends.

Stay tuned. Wink

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 01:00:05 AM

i plan on making a DMD commercial not one of those animation ones we see for a lot of other crypto, but one with the style of a Gucci or Rolex ad, that's the crowd we want for DMD a store of wealth for the wealthy, something you can see being played on mainstream tv.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: