Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:17:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most frustrating thing about crypto  (Read 4319 times)
crypto_117 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:15:20 PM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:57:58 PM

I think this has been a major issue but mostly this is due to low gas or gwei selection or the issue arises when the soecific exchange is having some issues, on the network side i know ethereum is rapidly developing and doing system and network upgrades to improve scalability and avoid network congestion.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:04:03 PM

Well you can move to another exchange which  doesn't do what keeps you frustrated. Thats not what frustrate me in  crypto, what does it that you keep the coins for  more than years and yet the price still  is  the same as what it use  to. You have been waiting for years and yet the price which you expect to be more than jsut a cent weren't happening still. its frustrating to see that you have poured out all your savings yet it hasn't grown while the token that you thought isn't going  to be progressive is moving  forward and is now worth more than $5.

21millionsbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:08:39 PM

Most frustrating thing in crypto is overnight market dumps so we need to careful with position u never say when market actually overturns it is very frustrating when u keep long positions
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1615

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 06:09:43 PM

The way to avoid these problems of unprofessional behavior is to stick to top 3 exchanges or so, and keep other coins you have in a non exchange wallet, until they are listed and ready to be traded on a world class crypto exchange.

Martin_Iden

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:12:14 PM

Yes, I agree, it is very unpleasant in the 21st century with promising technologies to be subjected to such a long wait.
CryptoFlamingo

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:14:21 PM

I know these issues as well, but it´s just a part of using low quality exchange. But in the future they just must improve or they go away as the people would´nt be accepting these problems. We are still like paleolite of the crypto so hold on... remember dial up internet? Cheesy
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:27:38 PM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...
I'm frustrated with the commission in the cryptocurrency. Also the fact that many cryptocurrencies in the price go to zero.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:33:15 PM

Those are probably not reliable exchanges. I don't know about idex, because I've never used them (I usually use forkdelta for tokens), but I've heard a lot of problems from cryptopia, and I wouldn't recommend using them. Binnance and Bittrex offer a big variety of tokens, to why not stay with them? If you they don't have what you want, then forkdelta looks like a really good option, and I never had a problem with them.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:40:34 PM

Exchanges specifically make a delay to prevent arbitrage trading. Although the problem of slow transactions exists. But not for all cryptocurrencies, it is also necessary to understand.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:42:47 PM

I think that the most frustrating thing in crypto is when you made mistakes like selling coins for a much lower price you had bought it.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:49:54 PM

If you are talking about IDEX, this exchange really shows such an inscription
"Trading under maintenance. Withdrawals and cancels are enabled."
This is normal. The exchange is new, they fix bugs or add servers. In any case, you can withdraw money. If you are talking about another exchange, then perhaps you need to look to the side of the better known (Binance and Bittrex) with a good reputation. The exchange is not the saddest thing in a crypto world.

topchiiy86

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:00:39 PM

My advice is not to trade on such exchanges like IDEX. I lost a lot of profit due to the issues with IDEX, when my deposit lasted for more than 2 hours. Till that time the price of my coin dropped twice below ICO price, and since then I hate IDEX more than any other exchange. Sometimes it seems that IDEX is down more time than it works.
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:14:19 PM

the delay of some project and some project are waste of time you can easily know them some project there token can't be find in exchange or it will take long time before is listed on exchange

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Granit0

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:16:08 PM

On this side, I agree with your opinion. Waited for verification on bittrex for about 3 months and do not consider this situation normal. On a regular trading stock market, verification lasts no more than 3 days and this period can be considered a long process.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:19:25 PM

I also experience that issue on Cryptopia but mine was confirmed after 15 days I thought that I lose my coins and will have considered Cryptopia as a scam exchange, I'm glad I got my coins back and Cryptopia have upgraded their system and their support as well.

Reginapotry12

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:56:35 PM

In my opinion the most frustrating thing about crypto is the same like on stock market and it is a losing of money, nobody secured from this in this industry
Anna8

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:29:59 PM

There are really many, many frustrating things about crypto. It's a new sphere which still does have to be studied and researched. Still, we are at the beginning and by moving carefully we can make the most of it. Just be ready to take some risks!

decibel1337

Activity: 504
Merit: 285

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

I wouldn`t go as far as suicides, but yes transaction time is a very big problem for crypto world right now, considering that it supposed to be a difference maker when the technology was released, remember?
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:47:59 PM

Why don't you use a descentralized exchange ? I know that descentralized exchange haven't pairs about BTC/USD ; USD/BTC but at least you can pass that long time about confirmations . I recommend you to find how to use descentralized one . Also your funds are safer than one on centralised exchanges
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: