Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:39:21 PM

Google Teams Up With UN To Create Climate Change Tracking Platform

Of course if climate data was maintained on public blockchains, then no one would be able to ADJUST IT, and a lot of problems would just go away.

But that wouldn't be acceptable to the powers that be, because it wouldn't be capable of being corrupted.

My thoughts exactly.  I'll even toss you a few merit points for beating me to it.

When one knows the game, one can use bullshit propaganda from the mainstream media to hypothesis test.  Because I believe that 'global warming' is a fraud aimed at having the plebs grant full control of weather manipulation to a small handful of 'leaders', I would expect to see all kinds of hooks, backdoors, limitations, history editing, etc, in Google's 'platform' for tracking 'climate change'.

If Google does provides an honest and useful method of fully tracking what is really going on I'll be totally shocked.  IMHO, Google is totally 'in bed' with the 'global technocratic world order', and a good candidate to even be the major driving force behind the project.  Control of the weather has been a timeless desire of those who dream of power and control, and this has not diminished in modern technological age.  At all.

https://weathermodificationhistory.com/

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:05:33 AM

oh noes

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6639642/co2-shortage-running-out-carbon-dioxide/
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:39:28 PM

Al Gore's hardest hit.

Wetherspoons, which has over 1,000 pubs across the UK, warned that supply of draught lager and fizzy drinks could be cut off within days.

The shortage of gas has been heightened due to warm weather across Europe and World Cup when demand for fizzy drinks and beer is higher than normal.

And Coca-Cola has "temporarily paused" some production due to the national shortage of carbon dioxide.

Pepsi Max has fallen foul of the CO2 crisis with prices up by 8 per cent and stock numbers running seriously low.

Carbon dioxide is also used to create dry ice which keeps food frozen during transportation.

----------------------------------------------------
CO2 is good for all of us. Why deny it Reddit? Rather pollution is bad for all of us. Why not focus on that and recycling, instead of good old CO2?

Smiley

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:18:09 AM

What If "Toxic Masculinity" Is The Reason For Climate Change?

When a person walks out of the grocery store holding an eco-friendly canvas bag instead of a plastic bag, what gender do you think they are? Most likely, your unconscious bias answers that they are female. This is the type of answer Dr. Aaron Brough of Utah State University is trying to get to the bottom of through his research.

Brough co-authored a paper with professors from four other universities to understand how gender norms affect sustainable decision making. They report data from seven experiments that included over 2,000 participants from the US and China. What they found was remarkable.

They found that both men and women associated doing something good for the environment with being “more feminine.” And when men’s gender identity was threatened, they tried to reassert their masculinity through environmentally damaging choices. The report states that “men may be motivated to avoid or even oppose green behaviors in order to safeguard their gender identity.” This unearths a deeply held unconscious bias that Brough and team call the “Green-Feminine Stereotype.” Once this unconscious bias is revealed, it has the potential to help society shift our increasingly precarious relationship with the environment for the better. If it remains hidden, it has the potential to greatly damage our environment permanently.

In one of Brough and the team’s experiments, both men and women were asked to recall a time when they did something good or bad for the environment. Those who recalled having done something good for the environment rated themselves as more “feminine” than those who recalled having done something bad to the environment. One might expect this type of gender stereotyping around green behavior to happen only when someone is concerned about how they appear to others. But even upon self-evaluation judged themselves feminine when acting responsibly towards the environment. This experiment shows how deeply held this bias is.

Another experiment took the idea further and applied the concept of the “Green-Feminine Stereotype” to product and brand selection. Male participants were exposed to one of two Walmart gift cards—one that used more comically feminine design elements like pink and floral selected to threaten masculine stereotypes or another gift card that was designed to not threaten masculinity. The men were then asked to make a series of choices between green and non-green products to purchase. Men who were shown the “gender threat” gift card chose more non-green products than men shown the other gift card. That means that when men felt emasculated, they asserted their masculinity and safeguarded their gender by making choices that would ultimately harm the environment.

[...]
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolyncenteno/2019/04/03/what-if-toxic-masculinity-is-the-reason-for-climate-change/#3057f57837e4

--------------------------
I knew it the day I learned some men took control of fire 6000 years ago... What? Couldn't they use a microwave like all civilized women?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:09:02 PM

CO2 Emissions Hit 67-Year Low In Trump's America, As Rest-Of-World Rises

But our country is still hot!

http://weknowmemes.com/2015/07/40-gorgeous-examples-of-america-the-beautiful/
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:49:28 PM

And hotter than ever. My kind of global warming...
https://www.reddit.com/r/hottiesfortrump/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:43:09 PM

And hotter than ever. My kind of global warming...
https://www.reddit.com/r/hottiesfortrump/

I might need one of those MAGA hats.

I know this. There might be some of those metrosexual pansy-waist coffee shops where you get disrespected if you wore one.

But around here, and I suspect pretty much anywhere, that would never happen in a bar.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 05:26:22 PM

[...]
As a scientist myself, it became clear to me that the contrarians were not capable of providing the science to support their “skepticism” on climate change. The evidence simply does not exist to justify continued denial that climate change is caused by humans and will be bad. There is always legitimate debate around the cutting edge of research, something we see regularly. But with climate change, science that has been established, constantly tested, and reaffirmed for decades was routinely called into question.

Over and over, solid peer-reviewed science was insulted as corrupt, while blog posts from fossil-fuel-funded groups were cited as objective fact. Worst of all, they didn’t even get the irony of quoting oil-funded blogs that called university scientists biased.

The end result was a disservice to science and to rational exploration, not to mention the scholarly audience we are proud to have cultivated. When 97 percent of climate scientists agree that man is changing the climate, we would hope the comments would at least acknowledge if not reflect such widespread consensus. Since that was not the case, we needed more than just an ad hoc approach to correct the situation.

The answer was found in the form of proactive moderation. About a year ago, we moderators became increasingly stringent with deniers. When a potentially controversial submission was posted, a warning would be issued stating the rules for comments (most importantly that your comment isn’t a conspiracy theory) and advising that further violations of the rules could result in the commenter being banned from the forum.

http://grist.org/climate-energy/reddits-science-forum-banned-climate-deniers-why-dont-all-newspapers-do-the-same/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
In other scientific news CRYOSAT SATELLITE FINDS ARCTIC ICE INCREASED 50% IN VOLUME

Around 90 per cent of the increase is due to retention of older ice
This year’s multi-year ice is now around 30 cm thicker than last year
Experts claim increase does not indicate a reversal in long-term trends

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2524770/ESA-satellite-reveals-polar-ice-INCREASED-50-year.html

i also dont belive in climate change caused by human activity, besides there is much more land gain in siberia and northern asia than landloss at the coasts, go go on with climate change,

plus there will be cheaper routers through arctic for shipments between europe and asia

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 12:39:40 AM

Of course if climate data was maintained on public blockchains, then no one would be able to ADJUST IT, and a lot of problems would just go away.....
If Google does provides an honest and useful method of fully tracking what is really going on I'll be totally shocked......

Rest assured, the ONLY options which are presented for consideration are those amendable to corruption...
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 01:56:20 PM

[...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
In other scientific news CRYOSAT SATELLITE FINDS ARCTIC ICE INCREASED 50% IN VOLUME

Around 90 per cent of the increase is due to retention of older ice
This year’s multi-year ice is now around 30 cm thicker than last year
Experts claim increase does not indicate a reversal in long-term trends

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2524770/ESA-satellite-reveals-polar-ice-INCREASED-50-year.html

i also dont belive in climate change caused by human activity, besides there is much more land gain in siberia and northern asia than landloss at the coasts, go go on with climate change,

plus there will be cheaper routers through arctic for shipments between europe and asia

It will be great for them indeed. Climate changes are what define our little human adventure... Look into the past, all those ancient monuments lost in a jungle, or in a desert... They thought things would stay the same forever... They were wrong.

Of course if climate data was maintained on public blockchains, then no one would be able to ADJUST IT, and a lot of problems would just go away.....
If Google does provides an honest and useful method of fully tracking what is really going on I'll be totally shocked......

Rest assured, the ONLY options which are presented for consideration are those amendable to corruption...

We only have 12 years left to live according to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...

Have you paid your Carbon Taxes lately? Participating on a popular forum like bitcoinalk has an irreversible impact on the polar manbearpig population living inside Al Gore's pocket.

Pay up, do it for the children...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 05:59:41 PM

Have you paid your Carbon Taxes lately? Participating on a popular forum like bitcoinalk has an irreversible impact on the polar manbearpig population living inside Al Gore's pocket.

Note that we ARE NOT TOLD to worry about asteroids destroying the Earth, or about Carrington/EMF events. I conclude that not only are the only SOLUTIONS presented for consideration are those amendable to corruption, but the only PROBLEMS we are told to worry about are those amendable to corruption.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 06:28:29 PM

Note that we ARE NOT TOLD to worry about asteroids destroying the Earth, or about Carrington/EMF events. I conclude that not only are the only SOLUTIONS presented for consideration are those amendable to corruption, but the only PROBLEMS we are told to worry about are those amendable to corruption.

You can force people to pay a tax for an invisible threat. It is impossible to do so for a total civilization killer event everyone can see approaching day by day. The corrupted rats are always the first in their elite underground bunker anyway. It is by design.

The Derinkuyu underground city. It was built for specific reasons. Only a guess to why such gargantuan work had to be done, but I guess there are rooms ready for AOC and Al Gore...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:49:37 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 09:48:31 PM by Spendulus
Merited by vapourminer (1)

You can force people to pay a tax for an invisible threat. It is impossible to do so for a total civilization killer event everyone can see approaching day by day. The corrupted rats are always the first in their elite underground bunker anyway. It is by design.

The Derinkuyu underground city. It was built for specific reasons. Only a guess to why such gargantuan work had to be done, but I guess there are rooms ready for AOC and Al Gore...

Neither asteroids nor Carrington/EMF events represent certain total civilization killers.

Asteroids vary in size and hence in effect, widely. There are countless more 100 meter sized rocks that are a threat than 1 km sized. In all cases, though, they are fairly easily handled 10-100 years in advance. It's fairly true to say they cannot be diverted or destroyed on the final swing inbound even with the largest hydrogen bombs. Also we have not developed delivery systems to handle these threats. ICBMs won't do it.

EMF threats from enemy nation states have known radius in which electronics is destroyed. Infrastructure can be hardened, few or no nations have done that. Recently Trump ordered it for the USA.

Carrington events AFAIK do not present a known scale of intensity, because we understand solar thermodynamics very poorly at this time. These events might affect a part of the planet, or the largest part, depending on several factors. Hardened infrastructure is the solution here, even if a country does not have an enemy that presents a nuclear threat.

It does appear that the alarmists of climate doom, their paid Internet posters and their countless sock puppets, are a pretty cheap investment to keep the public from actually thinking their way through realistic wide scale threat scenarios and likelihoods.

I suspect that what this means is that The People, having taken Money into their own hands with bitcoin and crypto, next will have to take direct control of these various real world risks. For example, they'll / we'll need to blockchain solar data, climate data, asteroid path and orbit calculation. Because if we can't trust governments with the climate issues, which does seem well proven, there are some other things we cannot trust them with.

That in turn has implications for various political parties who claim, "Trust us. We'll take care of xyzzy..."

That's obsolete talk by the walking dead zombies of the past, but when will it be realized and actualized?
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:51:30 PM

Neither asteroids nor Carrington/EMF events represent certain total civilization killers.

Asteroids vary in size and hence in effect, widely. There are countless more 100 meter sized rocks that are a threat than 1 km sized. In all cases, though, they are fairly easily handled 10-100 years in advance. It's fairly true to say they cannot be diverted or destroyed on the final swing inbound even with the largest hydrogen bombs. Also we have not developed delivery systems to handle these threats. ICBMs won't do it.

EMF threats from enemy nation states have known radius in which electronics is destroyed. Infrastructure can be hardened, few or no nations have done that. Recently Trump ordered it for the USA.

Carrington events AFAIK do not present a known scale of intensity, because we understand solar thermodynamics very poorly at this time. These events might affect a part of the planet, or the largest part, depending on several factors. Hardened infrastructure is the solution here, even if a country does not have an enemy that presents a nuclear threat.

It does appear that the alarmists of climate doom, their paid Internet posters and their countless sock puppets, are a pretty cheap investment to keep the public from actually thinking their way through realistic wide scale threat scenarios and likelihoods.

I made a joke about the planet being 6000 years old here somewhere. This is the classic, tired old joke some people make against Christians and their Bible. A few days later I realized the oldest modern civilization known from historic facts was the Sumerian's. Beginning around 5,500 years ago... Göbekli Tepe maybe 12000 years old but we don't know much about it (by design?).
It is strange that glimpses of what we know as 'Technology' and our thirst to understand our reality started less than 13000 years ago, and our written history 6000 years ago. Before that we were what... Totally stupid, running around naked being eaten alive by giant moths?  Yet we are the same humans with the same brain size for at least 50000 years or way more.

Memory loss.
A civilization dies with its last survivor and its knowledge accumulated inside him/her. Other humans across the world will be fine surviving. It does not have to be a massive solar flare or an impact from outer space to kill a civilization.

The Story of the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918 and the Search for the Virus That Caused It

I get your main point. Getting paid to keep people locked in the killing field of lies, deception and darkness may be a strange occupation in life at first, but it is simply part of human nature.
We can't control our ultimate demise, but we can feel like we can control others before everything ends for us...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 11:10:56 PM

I made a joke about the planet being 6000 years old here somewhere. This is the classic, tired old joke some people make against Christians and their Bible. A few days later I realized the oldest modern civilization known from historic facts was the Sumerian's. Beginning around 5,500 years ago... Göbekli Tepe maybe 12000 years old but we don't know much about it (by design?).
It is strange that glimpses of what we know as 'Technology' and our thirst to understand our reality started less than 13000 years ago, and our written history 6000 years ago. Before that we were what... Totally stupid, running around naked being eaten alive by giant moths?  Yet we are the same humans with the same brain size for at least 50000 years or way more.

Memory loss.
A civilization dies with its last survivor and its knowledge accumulated inside him/her. Other humans across the world will be fine surviving. It does not have to be a massive solar flare or an impact from outer space to kill a civilization.

The Story of the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918.....

I get your main point. Getting paid to keep people locked in the killing field of lies, deception and darkness may be a strange occupation in life at first, but it is simply part of human nature.
We can't control our ultimate demise, but we can feel like we can control others before everything ends for us...

Yes and no and sort of. Examples.

We're not losing the art of making fire, gunpowder, IC engines, many things.

Consider. I have wikipedia, 90+gb, on a device. (kiwix.org) worried about the end of the world because of solar flares? Put that device in a tin can, along with a solar panel, seal the tin can.  Done. Wikipedia survives solar flares.

I thought about the bio issues but did not include them, yet the answer is likely the same. Until and unless people take control of such things, and put the knowledge in permanent blockchains not secreted by one government or another, high levels of risk exist, both in the possible events that may happen, and in the response to them.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:52:07 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 01:02:13 AM by robbylove

It is strange that glimpses of what we know as 'Technology' and our thirst to understand our reality started less than 13000 years ago, and our written history 6000 years ago. Before that we were what... Totally stupid, running around naked being eaten alive by giant moths?  Yet we are the same humans with the same brain size for at least 50000 years or way more.

Memory loss.

Consider. I have wikipedia, 90+gb, on a device. (kiwix.org) worried about the end of the world because of solar flares? Put that device in a tin can, along with a solar panel, seal the tin can.  Done. Wikipedia survives solar flares.

I thought about the bio issues but did not include them, yet the answer is likely the same. Until and unless people take control of such things, and put the knowledge in permanent blockchains not secreted by one government or another, high levels of risk exist, both in the possible events that may happen, and in the response to them.

There will be a need to keep critical engineers inside secret tin cans too if we want to keep nuclear power stations from melting down, or future curious teenagers from locked CDC bio hazard labs. We would need a couple more solar panels buried too because of their degradation.

If we think a few years after the event, then yeah everything will be more than OK. If we think in centuries then I don't think much past knowledge would survive.
Right now how many people do you know personally who can start a fire from scratch? How many people can hunt for food? Yes we get some good knowledge with Wiki, only if we are ready before everybody else pulls out their solar powered Wiki after the event. It would be too late by then.

Today's school system is not created to push for basic knowledge, but for total obedience of the masses through ignorance. What would happen if a million starving humans find out you are the only one able to restart the factory, thanks to your working Wiki machine?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:41:26 AM

It is strange that glimpses of what we know as 'Technology' and our thirst to understand our reality started less than 13000 years ago, and our written history 6000 years ago. Before that we were what... Totally stupid, running around naked being eaten alive by giant moths?  Yet we are the same humans with the same brain size for at least 50000 years or way more.

Memory loss.

Consider. I have wikipedia, 90+gb, on a device. (kiwix.org) worried about the end of the world because of solar flares? Put that device in a tin can, along with a solar panel, seal the tin can.  Done. Wikipedia survives solar flares.

There will be a need to keep critical engineers inside secret tin cans too if we want to keep nuclear power stations from melting down, or future curious teenagers from locked CDC bio hazard labs. We would need a couple more solar panels buried too because of their degradation.

If we think a few years after the event, then yeah everything will be more than OK. If we think in centuries then I don't think much past knowledge would survive.
Right now how many people do you know personally who can start a fire from scratch? How many people can hunt for food? Yes we get some good knowledge with Wiki, only if we are ready before everybody else pulls out their solar powered Wiki after the event. It would be too late by then.

Today's school system is not created to push for basic knowledge, but for total obedience of the masses through ignorance. What would happen if a million starving humans find out you are the only one able to restart the factory, thanks to your working Wiki machine?

Critical info is here permanently and isn't going away. One copy of wikipedia can be a million copies in a few days. The survivalist who is proud he can twirl sticks and make fire is simply wrong. The schools are simply irrelevant.

The disasters of which we speak require considerable care and advance planning. That's not happening and it's likely governments can not be trusted to do it. A typical number quoted for a Carrington event that caused across the board power grid shutdowns in the US is 90% of the population dead within the year. That's preventable. A hundred meter rock hitting a populated area would create a two mile wide crater and a blast wave that would decimate a hundred square miles. That rock can be nudged if it's done 10-20 years in advance.

These issues are not being discussed and public attention is focused on some Climate Apocalypse storyline that's been ten years off for four decades. It's not only a scam in it's own right but is directing attention away from real issues.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 03:04:53 AM

Memory loss.

Critical info is here permanently and isn't going away. One copy of wikipedia can be a million copies in a few days. The survivalist who is proud he can twirl sticks and make fire is simply wrong. The schools are simply irrelevant.

The disasters of which we speak require considerable care and advance planning. That's not happening and it's likely governments can not be trusted to do it. A typical number quoted for a Carrington event that caused across the board power grid shutdowns in the US is 90% of the population dead within the year. That's preventable. A hundred meter rock hitting a populated area would create a two mile wide crater and a blast wave that would decimate a hundred square miles. That rock can be nudged if it's done 10-20 years in advance.

These issues are not being discussed and public attention is focused on some Climate Apocalypse storyline that's been ten years off for four decades. It's not only a scam in it's own right but is directing attention away from real issues.

The past is proof the people in power do care about being ready for such event (cold war bunkers, etc). The only problem is we, the people, are not part of their plan for Earth 2.0. As you said 99% would be wiped out. 1%? That's still of lot of people to feed and protect from winter in their calculation. The less we, the people, know about basic survival skills the better the odds are for them, the people in power. These issues cannot be discussed and public attention is focused on cat videos, selfies and silly pranks on twitter.

By design.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 05:32:43 PM

.....By design.

The ability to replicate a million copies of Wikipedia is based on device architectures that are not required to go through someone's Cloud.

Survival skills may be quite different than what you think they are.

Here are a couple examples.

A) ability to build a wood-gas engine for a vehicle
B) ability to make a battery
C) create a manual control for a device which had an electronic control
D) device means of communication, short and long distances

Survival seems heavy on electrical and computer engineering, doesn't it?
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:08:24 AM

.....By design.

The ability to replicate a million copies of Wikipedia is based on device architectures that are not required to go through someone's Cloud.

Survival skills may be quite different than what you think they are.

Here are a couple examples.

A) ability to build a wood-gas engine for a vehicle
B) ability to make a battery
C) create a manual control for a device which had an electronic control
D) device means of communication, short and long distances

Survival seems heavy on electrical and computer engineering, doesn't it?

You just gave 'them' the list of the things 'they' need to focus on so we, the people, never get knowledge of... Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: