Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:41:55 AM

.....By design.

The ability to replicate a million copies of Wikipedia is based on device architectures that are not required to go through someone's Cloud.

Survival skills may be quite different than what you think they are.

Here are a couple examples.

A) ability to build a wood-gas engine for a vehicle
B) ability to make a battery
C) create a manual control for a device which had an electronic control
D) device means of communication, short and long distances

Survival seems heavy on electrical and computer engineering, doesn't it?

You just gave 'them' the list of the things 'they' need to focus on so we, the people, never get knowledge of... Wink

I'm sure you can extend the "They tried to take our {guns} away" list.

Just be sure to use the capitalized "They."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AMRbqY6w

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3567

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:11:34 PM

to rebuild civilization, yes.

someone able to reverse engineer a useful complex machine to the point of being able to create (with existing tools and materials) something, or more likely several somethings, to take its place will be in high demand. as well as those with medical and agricultural knowledge.

anyone can make fire with some sticks. utilizing that fire beyond its obvious heat value for cooking/warmth? less are able to do that, and thats the 1st step to rebuilding.
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:28:30 PM

.....By design.

The ability to replicate a million copies of Wikipedia is based on device architectures that are not required to go through someone's Cloud.

You just gave 'them' the list of the things 'they' need to focus on so we, the people, never get knowledge of... Wink

Guns... 3D printing Files... 'Problematic' Books... 'Illegal' manifestos... 'Forbidden' archaeology... The right to speak your mind openly and the right to share it online... The right to be wrong.

A lot of things 'They' don't like.

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:27:30 PM

.....By design.

Guns... 3D printing Files... 'Problematic' Books... 'Illegal' manifestos... 'Forbidden' archaeology... The right to speak your mind openly and the right to share it online... The right to be wrong.

A lot of things 'They' don't like.

Sure. But my point was that a recovery from such an apocalypse would not be a return to huge mills crushing trees to make paper, and it's distribution to cities and then to users. It would be simpler and easier to return to tablets, computers and keyboards. The recovery would not have the intermediate steps which we had historically say from 1500AD to the present.

Another poster mentioned that MAKING fire wasn't the difficulty, it was the utilizations of fire in processes that had to be mastered. That's a very good point.
unocash

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:21:03 PM

The climate scientists are themselves deniers--they deny the prehistoric records (going back to millions years ago) which show climate change comes in cycles, and that we are presently in the peak of such a sycle.

In fact, during the past 1 million years, we've had 10 of such cycles. Instead of a global warming, we are facing 100,000 years of freezing--a new ice age.

https://www.agci.org/iron/history/climate-change-prehistoric-era
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:43:25 PM

The climate scientists are themselves deniers--they deny the prehistoric records (going back to millions years ago) which show climate change comes in cycles, and that we are presently in the peak of such a sycle.

In fact, during the past 1 million years, we've had 10 of such cycles. Instead of a global warming, we are facing 100,000 years of freezing--a new ice age.

https://www.agci.org/iron/history/climate-change-prehistoric-era

The ice age is inevitable, because they are based on orbital dynamics, as opposed to small things such as percent of gases in the atmosphere.

It cannot be predicted exactly when this ice age will start. It might be 10,000 years off, or 300 years off. If the climatic effect of CO2 is extreme warming, it will delay this ice age considerably. If the effect is weak, it will delay it weakly.

Anyone who denies this ....

Is a denier.
navneet kaur

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 12:22:23 PM

In a MarketWatch column, I wrote last April, I explained what it would take for bitcoin to become worthless. Bitcoin is getting close to that point. As I argued, once Bitcoin’s price falls below its cost of mining, the incentive to mine will deteriorate, thrusting bitcoin into a death spiral.
In addition to my career as a Ph.D. chemist, I am one of a select few who enjoys the privilege of moderating content on reddit.com’s science forum. The science forum is a small part of Reddit, but it nonetheless enjoys over 4 million subscribers. By comparison, that’s rough twice the circulation of The New York Times.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:28:57 PM

In a MarketWatch column, I wrote last April, I explained what it would take for bitcoin to become worthless. Bitcoin is getting close to that point. As I argued, once Bitcoin’s price falls below its cost of mining, the incentive to mine will deteriorate, thrusting bitcoin into a death spiral.
In addition to my career as a Ph.D. chemist, I am one of a select few who enjoys the privilege of moderating content on reddit.com’s science forum. The science forum is a small part of Reddit, but it nonetheless enjoys over 4 million subscribers. By comparison, that’s rough twice the circulation of The New York Times.

And this has what to do with "Reddit's science forum banned climate deniers?"
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:20:09 PM

And this has what to do with "Reddit's science forum banned climate deniers?"

My B.S. Universal Translator is ON:

The Selected Few (I'am better than you) who thinks Bitcoin will be worthless. I told everybody I know about that 10 years ago.
PH.D. who enjoys controlling other people's thoughts on Reddit.
I am part of an elite group of people who read the NYT, envious of its influence, something our little group lacks terribly...
If only I could talk to the Bitcointalk.org Gods and ask them if I could take care of this thread, and moderate it for free... While I create virtual useless new molecules at my desk job at Pfizer...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:37:58 PM

In a MarketWatch column, I wrote last April, I explained what it would take for bitcoin to become worthless. Bitcoin is getting close to that point. As I argued, once Bitcoin’s price falls below its cost of mining, the incentive to mine will deteriorate, thrusting bitcoin into a death spiral.....

want to BET?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:50:42 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2019, 09:02:54 PM by Spendulus

If only I could talk to the Bitcointalk.org Gods and ask them if I could take care of this thread, and moderate it for free... ....

ROFL!!!

I think you nit the snail on the bed!

The creepy arm of control slithers from Reddit outward!

But it is here, in this very modest and humble thread, that several Climate Alarmists have admitted to being paid for their posts.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:04:05 PM

If only I could talk to the Bitcointalk.org Gods and ask them if I could take care of this thread, and moderate it for free... ....

ROFL!!!

I think you nit the snail on the bed!

The creepy arm of control slithers from Reddit outward!

But it is here, in this very modest and humble thread, that several Climate Alarmists have admitted to being paid for their posts.

I should have created a btc wallet when I started the thread, instead of just doing it for the good of humanity and the polar bears...  Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:13:37 AM

I should have created a btc wallet when I started the thread, instead of just doing it for the good of humanity and the polar bears...  Smiley

There is a high correlation between the period of time this thread has been in existence, and the explosion in the polar bear population.

As climate alarmists have repeatedly insisted, correlation is causation....
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:27:02 PM

There is a high correlation between the period of time this thread has been in existence, and the explosion in the polar bear population.

So what you are saying is... My thread about global warming got the polar bears horny?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:09:08 PM

So what you are saying is... My thread about global warming got the polar bears horny?

But...

But they all told us horrible things would happen. It would be our fault, and the bears would all die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxis7Y1ikIQ
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 06:18:13 PM

But...

But they all told us horrible things would happen. It would be our fault, and the bears would all die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxis7Y1ikIQ

Comment:

Glenn Woods' Bold Republic Radio Show
2 years ago
The polar bear population is at an all time high. - Guess this commercial is a FAIL.

Grin

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 06:53:06 PM

Glenn Woods' Bold Republic Radio Show
2 years ago
The polar bear population is at an all time high. - Guess this commercial is a FAIL.

Grin

Darn! We'll have to find another way to scare those chumps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVwEdeOyi54

Even better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAkfEX0sqAI

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:51:05 PM

“He just brought in a regressive carbon tax. We will pay for the carbon tax on 9,200 litres of jet fuel he used,” said Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/trudeau-family-vacation-jet-trip-emitted-as-much-co2-as-average-canadian-per-year/

According to a CTV News report by Josh Dehaas, Justin Trudeau’s family vacation by jet to the Aga Khan’s private island emitted as much CO2 as an average Canadian would produce in a year’s time.

Trudeau flew six passengers, including his family and a hired nanny, to a family vacation in the Bahamas on the private Bombardier Challenger jet.

Trudeau’s trip to Nassau emitted an estimated 19.9 to 23.3 tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere, according to GreenAir and James Tansey, a University of British Columbia professor.

According to Environment Canada in 2014, the average Canadian produced about 20.6 tonnes of CO2.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:39:53 PM

Trudeau flew six passengers, including his family and a hired nanny, to a family vacation in the Bahamas on the private Bombardier Challenger jet.

Trudeau’s trip to Nassau emitted an estimated 19.9 to 23.3 tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere, according to GreenAir and James Tansey, a University of British Columbia professor.

According to Environment Canada in 2014, the average Canadian produced about 20.6 tonnes of CO2.
What the hell would you expect? Him to leave the nanny behind?
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:10:22 AM

What the hell would you expect? Him to leave the nanny behind?

The Nanny State is his only hope...

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: