Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:03:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Technobit HEX8A1 -240 GHs Coincraft A1 board- Finished production  (Read 72420 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:46:12 AM

Shame they have sold out the pre production run. I was interested in one. If anyone is looking to sell one at a fair mark up i would be interested.
March batch is available with reduced price. You can get one from there. But the price and roi does not bother you right?
Any way there will be enough guys with board in hand after a couple of days and you can get one with reasonable markup. However i am not selling mine Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:48:37 AM

so I just received 3 boards today.

I opened one board to check it and one fan is broken on the edges and some nuts are missing to keep the fans on the board....it is not a deal breaker, but the nuts should have been there Grin

I will test the boards in the evening with my less powerful 40A PSU (still waiting on my new ones).
How do I have to set clock and voltage? Or should I just try to decrease the voltage until it is stable?

You can set all via web of tplink or you can read changelog all settings are inside. A friendly advise. DO NOT CONNECT MORE THAN ONE BOARD TO 40 AMPS. NEVER! 40 amps at at the edge. Magic PSU smoke is very close Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2219
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:49:56 AM

im also interested in a board if any receivers are looking to sell theirs.

space for rent, shilling for sats
stiffla

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:54:07 AM

I opened one board to check it and one fan is broken on the edges and some nuts are missing to keep the fans on the board....it is not a deal breaker, but the nuts should have been there Grin

I will test the boards in the evening with my less powerful 40A PSU (still waiting on my new ones).
How do I have to set clock and voltage? Or should I just try to decrease the voltage until it is stable?

You can set all via web of tplink or you can read changelog all settings are inside. A friendly advise. DO NOT CONNECT MORE THAN ONE BOARD TO 40 AMPS. NEVER! 40 amps at at the edge. Magic PSU smoke is very close Wink

yes I wouldn't connect 2 boards 2 one PSU  Grin, already got me additional PSUs for each board
I guess the changelog is in the download folder for the new tplink image right?...I will download the new image in the evening
I really hope it will work this time and that I don't have to many dead chips(or cores) again

My android monitoring app for Slush's pool: BTCDroid 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eiabea.btcdroid&hl=de
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:54:33 AM

Gratz, happy mining  Smiley

Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:56:26 AM

I did see the pictures you had only one PCI-E 6-Pin connected! I was surprised 40A didn't melt it.  Tongue
A lot of multi rail PSUs (Platimax 1500W) have 30A rails I assume 2x 30A rails will be fine?

stiffla

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:57:06 AM

Thx Zich  Grin
Only 2 days of shipping, I was astonished!

I will keep you posted how they work

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:57:18 AM

yes I wouldn't connect 2 boards 2 one PSU  Grin, already got me additional PSUs for each board
I guess the changelog is in the download folder for the new tplink image right?...I will download the new image in the evening
I really hope it will work this time and that I don't have to many dead chips(or cores) again
Changelog is inside the archive with cgminer patch
The best setup will be a tplink and board powered from one psu 650-700W at least 45A  12/5V - do not mix psu's grounds. Powerful PSU's 85+A are expensive and does not worth the money. if you have 85+A on a single pSU you can connect two boards to tplink + HUB. Never mix grounds. that is my way 0% problems

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:58:39 AM

I did see the pictures you had only one PCI-E connected! A lot of multi rail PSUs (Platimax 1500W) have 30A rails I assume 2x 30A rails will be fine?
More than fine Gator. in your case underclock/undervoltage even one can be fine. Just measure it if you can but on 12V rail not at the wall

Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:03:53 AM

Thx Zich  Grin
Only 2 days of shipping, I was astonished!

I will keep you posted how they work

Yeah, me too, my parcel already arrived at custom & cleared an second day of ship time.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:07:45 AM

I did see the pictures you had only one PCI-E connected! A lot of multi rail PSUs (Platimax 1500W) have 30A rails I assume 2x 30A rails will be fine?
More than fine Gator. in your case underclock/undervoltage even one can be fine. Just measure it if you can but on 12V rail not at the wall

This is my tool for measuring 12V rail current usage  Grin

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:10:29 AM

This is my tool for measuring 12V rail current usage  Grin

hey it is an expensive one my is up to 10A and completely useless for hex8 Cry Cry Cry Cry

Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:20:52 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 11:04:45 AM by Zich

This is my tool for measuring 12V rail current usage  Grin

hey it is an expensive one my is up to 10A and completely useless for hex8 Cry Cry Cry Cry

Yeah  Cheesy, since i am ex  service engineer, i can't help to use good quality one  Cheesy
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:47:57 AM

Shame they have sold out the pre production run. I was interested in one. If anyone is looking to sell one at a fair mark up i would be interested.
March batch is available with reduced price. You can get one from there. But the price and roi does not bother you right?
Any way there will be enough guys with board in hand after a couple of days and you can get one with reasonable markup. However i am not selling mine Grin

I am just looking to collect different types of hardware. If nobody can give me a fair offer soon I will just order for march.

Thanks

Message me if you have any problems
Gator-hex

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:04:16 AM

I am just looking to collect different types of hardware. If nobody can give me a fair offer soon I will just order for march.

Thanks

I would just hang fire. Someone might get 3x and realize they don't like the noise of 6x Sunon 4500rpm fans!
Someone on the TerraMine thread asked what their noise was like, the reply was, "loud enough your wife will leave you if you don't switch it off".
Well Sunon 4500rpm are that noisy too!  Wink

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:10:25 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 11:21:49 AM by loshia

Thanks

I would just hang fire. Someone might get 3x and realize they don't like the noise of 6x Sunon 4500rpm fans!
Someone on the TerraMine thread asked what the noise was like, and the reply was, "loud enough your wife will leave you if you don't switch it off".
Unless you leave enough space between wife and fans Grin Or you leave the wife first Cheesy
Apart of the jocks they are noisy and dangerous. I was thinking gator is not right about it but in fact he is.
Watch it Gator. These ones are even more dangerous compared to previous ones
In general you can live without a finger or two but what bothers me much is the electricity. So kids and wife's are forbidden! that is why I keep my stuff locked always and it is only me who goes there. That is what all of us should do to be able to enjoy our families. I have 15 Kw in my room wires everywhere. A single wrong move can cost a lot

Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:22:01 AM

Thanks

Someone on the TerraMine thread asked what the noise was like, and the reply was, "loud enough your wife will leave you if you don't switch it off".
Unless you leave enough space between wife and fans Grin Or you leave the wife first Cheesy
Apart of the jocks they are noisy and dangerous. I was thinking gator is not right about it but in fact he is.
Watch it Gator. This ones are even more dangerous compared to previous ones
In general you can live without a finger or two but what bothers me much is the electricity. So kids and wife's are forbidden! that is why I keep my stuff locked always and it is only me who goes there. That is what all of us should do to be able to enjoy our families. I have 15 Kw in my room wires everywhere. A single wrong move can cost a lot

LOL, you make my imagination goes wild by saying new one more dangerous  Grin
Can't wait to see what kind of heatsink & fan upgrade   Cheesy
Gator-hex

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:27:12 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 04:58:54 PM by Gator-hex

I was a bit annoyed myself with missing the end of the Feb batch.

I don't like the new ordering system, I preferred it when you could see every item counting down, had no idea it was close to ending.

But I don't want to risk the March batch with Bitfury 2 on the way either, no idea the price/specs, but Punin seemed very confident!

So even if you missed the Hex8A1, cheer up, we can look forward to seeing what Marto can do with the Bitfury 2 chips in March!  Grin

stiffla

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:07:39 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 07:17:48 PM by stiffla

That one Fan on the top is EXTREMELY noisy Angry

Anyway, i flashed tplink with the newest image, but cgminer won't start, it is not even in the showing up as a running process.

It will get recognized as HEX16A

error message in cgminer api log:
Code:
[Firmware Version] => 20140208
cgminer: 3_12_3_e447b69
Socket connect failed: Connection refused

any guesses?

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:52:48 PM

That one Fan on the top is EXTREMELY noisy Angry

Anyway, i flashed tplink with the newest image, but cgminer won't start, it is not even in the showing up as a running process.

It will get recognized as HEX16A

error message in cgminer api log:
Code:
[Firmware Version] => 20140208
cgminer: 3_12_3_e447b69
Socket connect failed: Connection refused

any guesses?
Set default to hex8 int the web and do not be angry it will work Wink just a little bit of reading.
Post all startup options voltage clock and so on. Fill all blanks in the web cgminer configure using defaults do not leave nothing blank
Do not forget to set user pass of tpli k if it is fresh install before that it is not getting any of your setings
User pass set them dude Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: