Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:06:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius miners aware of prayers in block headers?  (Read 29612 times)
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:36:18 PM

I invite you to try to prove with logic that there is no God.
I invite you to try to prove with logic that I can't prove it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
strictlyfocused

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:44:36 PM

I don't think you're talking about my religion, but it's a great idea
Anybody with me for Pastafacoin ?

Someone needs to get on this STAT. I will direct all my miners at the first pool that has support for pastacoins!
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 08:50:22 PM

You know what I don't understand? And this is just an observation from what I've read on various forums, mind you.  People are always quick to chime in when it comes to Christianity or any of its various flavors, but if Graet had noticed quotes from the Quran being quoted, would he have been so eager to post the same thread?  I've noticed that when it comes to Christianity, people get really loud about denouncing it.  But when Islam is brought up, the exact same people suddenly get REALLY polite and STFU about it.  Or at best they'll be like "Oh hey, yeah whatever you want to believe, that's cool man!"  Or they'd never even make the thread to begin with, which is how it should be IMHO.

Mousepotato
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:25:56 PM

if Graet had noticed quotes from the Quran being quoted, would he have been so eager to post the same thread?
Give it a try if you're not convinced so
If not him, others would have created the thread

Even if you're right, so what? This makes prayers in the blockchain anymore acceptable?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:35:00 PM

You know what I don't understand? And this is just an observation from what I've read on various forums, mind you.  People are always quick to chime in when it comes to Christianity or any of its various flavors, but if Graet had noticed quotes from the Quran being quoted, would he have been so eager to post the same thread?
I can't speak for Graet, but I sure hope so! As westerners, Christianity is shoved down our throats everyday whereas the same doesn't really happen with Islam. Maybe that's why you've experienced what you talk about.

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:43:09 PM

Give it a try if you're not convinced so
If not him, others would have created the thread

Even if you're right, so what? This makes prayers in the blockchain anymore acceptable?

I don't understand what makes it unacceptable.  If you don't like a certain pools fees/name/random text in the block chain, then (and this is from way out in left field lulz) don't join that pool.  Or better yet, create your own.  It's not exactly rocket surgery we're talking about, or am I missing something?

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:45:24 PM

I can't speak for Graet, but I sure hope so! As westerners, Christianity is shoved down our throats everyday whereas the same doesn't really happen with Islam. Maybe that's why you've experienced what you talk about.

As an atheist, I'm very sensitive to religious propaganda, and I can honestly say I see a LOT more Islam-related articles on the front page of my local newspapers website than anything else.  It almost seems as if mainstream media is bending over backwards to ingratiate the Muslim community.  Have you not seen this phenomena in your neck of the woods?

Mousepotato
Fletch

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:55:37 PM

As an atheist, I'm very sensitive to religious propaganda, and I can honestly say I see a LOT more Islam-related articles on the front page of my local newspapers website than anything else.  It almost seems as if mainstream media is bending over backwards to ingratiate the Muslim community.  Have you not seen this phenomena in your neck of the woods?
That was kind of my point. Whereas the discussion on Islam is very much in the public eye and has been for some time, Christianity is the norm and therefore it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

AnnihilaT

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:08:56 PM

rocket surgery

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:10:20 PM

Why is it that humankind, after fighting many bloody years and running away to another continent to have the freedom to not be forced faith upon, CHOOSE to believe in religious practices today? Are we so dumb that we cannot learn from out past mistakes history? Why not let go of our self created mysticism and fallacy that dates back to near early days of civilazation 4-5k years ago. We are no longer living in the bronze age and we no longer are center of the universe either. I don't care what these religious people say about their beliefs and faiths.

They are the kind of people that are holding back the progress of humankind in my eyes. In fact the catholics literally did hold back scientific progress for centries. Do we learn nothing from history? Religion is the earliest form of gov propaganda that dates back the Egyptian civilization. It was also the primitive form of taxation in early civilization. Get over it already people... seriously. Stop enslaving yourself.
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:25:32 PM

rocket surgery

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rocket surgery or Brain science.  I couldn't figure out which one was better Tongue

Mousepotato
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:28:58 PM

I am with you.  His sticker is on my car.

Also, my client will no longer be acting as a node.  I like having people's false gods off of my money.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:12:13 PM

See and this is where non-Christians fall up short, had you taken the time to even read those which you couldn't have given your hasty response you would see that this points to both secular and non secular research findings.  As easily as you claim the religious among us do not look at evidence it is apparent you are not as well.

Additional to note those claims were not made to prove God's existence but are evidence of biblical events providing a level of credibility to the passages herein written, which you dismiss as myth without thinking and searching for yourself.

Another religious retard on the bitcoin forums ... sigh.

Maybe you folks ought to make your own fork of the block chain, with its own
forums and go chant, drink your maker's blood, sacrifice small birds or do
there whatever your favorite supersitious practice may be.
ramen.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:16:09 PM

In fact the catholics literally did hold back scientific progress for centries

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:02:47 AM

Edit:  Removed

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:06:44 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2011, 01:16:55 AM by Luke-Jr

Edit: Removed unsolvable exploit.

Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:14:46 AM

Edit:  Removed

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
Fletch

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 07:35:24 AM

Hmm. What happened here?

AnnihilaT

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 08:43:17 AM

Hmm. What happened here?

Indeed...  tin foil hat time...  what did we miss?  You dont have to release details but please tell us the gist?  Exploit in lukes pool or with bitcoin?
bitclown

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Hmm. What happened here?

Indeed...  tin foil hat time...  what did we miss?  You dont have to release details but please tell us the gist?  Exploit in lukes pool or with bitcoin?
Had nothing to do with vulnerabilities in neither Bitcoin nor any pools, just an inconvenience on some platforms. If it's even possible to pull off it's a 3rd party fault, so I don't see the harm in disclosing it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: