Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381515 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:00:43 AM

I'm interested how to I sign up for testing so I can earn some of the initial coin and what other options do I have to get more of the coin when it comes out? I'm not clear on the process and options. Thanks.

Me too

BitcoinMTG

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:36:48 AM

Same please  Smiley
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Same here.  Also, when will you release a Windows client?  Not everyone can use UNIX, Linux etc.
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:04:21 PM

Same here.  Also, when will you release a Windows client?  Not everyone can use UNIX, Linux etc.
+1
Windows client, with automated installer.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:17:05 PM

@skycoin if you're going to be doing a beta programme, or need help with early testing let me know.  Also, please let us know whether a Windows client will be released and how to start mining. 
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:45:13 AM

^^^there's no mining
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:51:41 AM

- We are translating the wallet into Chinese.
- Wallet team is working on the JSON RPC
- 1 millionth of a Skycoin is called a "Drop" or "Droplet". Skycoins are divisible to 6 decimal places
- Wallet can load/unload multiple wallets independently
- receive tab has been removed from wallet to improve usability
- chat tab added to connect to the Skycoin IRC channel from the wallet
- team is working on cryptographically secure messaging between wallets using Skycoin addresses. Skycoin addresses can act as email addresses and can send and receive messages securely. Working on "Identity Address" and "Wallet Address" RPCs.

Awesome news, skycoin is the most promising next-gen crypto so far.

This is going to be huge.
qwe

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:29:59 AM

- We are translating the wallet into Chinese.
- Wallet team is working on the JSON RPC
- 1 millionth of a Skycoin is called a "Drop" or "Droplet". Skycoins are divisible to 6 decimal places
- Wallet can load/unload multiple wallets independently
- receive tab has been removed from wallet to improve usability
- chat tab added to connect to the Skycoin IRC channel from the wallet
- team is working on cryptographically secure messaging between wallets using Skycoin addresses. Skycoin addresses can act as email addresses and can send and receive messages securely. Working on "Identity Address" and "Wallet Address" RPCs.

You can also let me know if you need help with beta testing or node administration.

I have been pulling & compiling periodically to check out the progress, so give me a shout if you need any testing on Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit. I have a Win7 64 machine as well, although I haven't tried the code in that env yet.

Or I have some spare VPS capacity if you need help building up the network in advance of the public launch. Looking forward to it!
gu7008

Activity: 69

We are all entering a new era.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:11:29 PM

It's a truly innovative coin. The self-governance idea is the best.

It have the potential to change the world.

I'll keep watching.

yshuifejng

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:32:47 PM

I will continue to pay attention.

I like free distribution      CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS. CJ5pCML7uAMDvgT514pwFvwB1ZzvxeoNPF  TheSmurfsCoin. TZxXFT6CJ8p7LHSaM8mWQtqveejzvpEusu       [ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO       Get GiveawayCoin(GC)? (Free 100%NO IPO NO POW,PURE POS. G*********      ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution.   Let's flower the moon.     Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution    FootballCoin(FBC):FXf6Xy5hof6GJZZhC9B5TkBi7kKKojusde   Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution.       Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO).
dipsy

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

Looking forward to this, keep up the good work!
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:20:50 PM

Interesting concepts, watching.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

Certainly looks very clean compared to Bitcoin sources.

Also,  at least you made an effort with the address.  NXT just uses numbers.  Who knows if they have checksums in those numbers!

Still waiting for you to describe how you are going to do the 'distributed consensus'.

Overview of Obelisk: Distributed Consensus

In Obelisk, each person runs their own Obelisk nodes. Each node has a set of trust relationships with other nodes. Each node has a list of servers it "trusts". A new node can be initialized by randomly choosing a few dozen existing nodes to trust, with only two or three of the nodes being nodes run by trusted institutions or persons.

Servers publish "blocks" every 5 seconds. Blocks are sequential and it is detected when a node backdate a block or retroactively change an already published block. It uses a very secure linked time stamping scheme.  The block publishing creates a "public broadcast channel" and that is the key primitive in the Obelisk protocol.

In Ripple, clients can cheat or fail to obey the protocol and it cant be detected. Consensus protocols only work if all nodes obey the protocol, which is a bad assumption if there are financial incentives to cheat.

Skycoin solves this by having Obelisk nodes publish both their decisions and the data needed to reconstruct the decisions. Obelisk nodes receive blocks from other nodes, time stamp them and include the time stamps in their blocks. We can audit servers for causal violations.

Obelisk nodes publish enough information for 3rd parties to replicate their internal state. During an audit a 3rd party can reconstruct the internal state and simulate decisions of a particular Obelisk node and will produce the same successor block as what the server published, if the server is in fact obeying the protocol.

If a node cheats, other nodes will sever their trust relationship with it. You can create a proof that a node cheated and it give it other node and they can verify it. If the node is colluding or something something strange, that is not provably wrong, it can be detected because decisions are public and people running nodes can make decisions about their trust relationships with the colluding nodes.

Obelisk is a very simple protocol. Obelisk is designed to be simple to allow  security properties to be easily modeled with mathematics and simulation.

Alternative Uses for Obelisk:

With a well defined state machine and scripting language, Obelisk may in in the future support OT style digital contacts off the block chain which can be executed between counter parties. Each counter party would be an Obelisk node with its own independent block chain.

However, right now are extremely focused on a version of Obelisk specialized for blockchain consensus.

Open Problems.

When Skycoin development began, there were two open problems with Obelisk. The first problem was proving the identity of a node without key reuse. Key reuse introduces timing side channel attacks and weakens the crpytographic security of Skycoin. In our security audits we found that attacks on the identity infrastructure for Obelisk nodes would be significantly easier than attacks on the Skycoin blockchain and transaction infrastructure.

It was not until last week that we had a solution to avoid key reuse in the identity protocol. We have a very good solution now, that meets our standards for elegance and cryptographic security.

The second problem, is that consensus protocols need to take into account netsplits. If connectivity is severed between two sub-graphs of the network, it breaks some of the assumptions when the networks remerge. We like the assumption that a block is consensus is final once it has been reached because it eliminates double spending. However, if two subgraphs come to different irreversible consensus results during a netsplit, it is problematic. Either the fork must become permanent or consensus is not in-fact irreversible.

The netsplit problem is not unique to Skycoin and is actually much worse in Bitcoin. There are netsplit based attacks on Bitcoin that allow double spending. The ability to selectively control the peers a node can connect to, enables very specific and highly targeted attacks that Bitcoin does not even attempt to address. This attacks require control of hardware at the ISP level and we have not seen them yet, so they are still theoretical.

Skycoin has a preliminary solution to the network split problem.  However, it is not high on our priority list right now.

Quoted just for my reference.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:23:10 AM

Add in my favoris Smiley
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:54:21 AM

watching, sounds interesting
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

I'm interested how to I sign up for testing so I can earn some of the initial coin and what other options do I have to get more of the coin when it comes out? I'm not clear on the process and options. Thanks.

Interested too
vtbean79

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:17:39 PM

+ 1.   I'm interested in doing beta-testing if you need.   Grin
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

I'm interested too! I think it has great potential.
Lokda

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:15:42 PM

I'm watching.
eXtatiC

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:20:22 AM

Sounds interesting. Looking forward
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: