Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $10,000 into Quark or Dogecoin?  (Read 19685 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:15:22 PM

I'd recommend Dimecoin since it's fresh but still growing fast. There is potential on it I think but the choice is of course yours only.

Massive coin circulation, huge premine. It's a new coin full of hype. You'd get better odds on a roulette even/odd.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:15:55 PM

Gamecoin GME - all-in and wait till they are US$1 each sometime in 2014.
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:19:45 PM

ofc Bitcoin

bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:20:36 PM

How did we get off topic so fast?  Cheesy

Now that I know all the good things and bad about dimecoin, diamondcoin, worldcoin and a couple others, how about some more info on whether Doge is better or Quark is better to invest in?

Worldcoin has some appeal. Not sure why Frozencoin would be any better than Quark. And Diamond and Dimecoin both seem overrated.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:45:19 PM

Quark network is very insecure because it is designed to be CPU only from the beginning. Quark becomes fresh meat to bot nets easily. Does such a cryptocurrency have a future? No

Diamond has some nice features that Quark will never have

+ Proof of Stake coin is more resilient to 51% attack. Since 51% hashpower is not enough to execute a 51% attack. The attackers must also have at least 51% stake. CPU only coin like is extremely vulnerable to 51% attack without using special hardware like ASIC. Bot nets are enough.
+ Transaction message: This is a must-have feature to integrate users' wallet with merchant payment gateway. Without it, Quark is just dump wallet. (EarthCoin has it too. Nice)
+ Fast but stable block generation: 60 seconds. Quark chooses 30 seconds which is very risky. Read the following explanation to see why: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349198.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227766.0 (StableCoin developer is really competent. I can not see it in Quark)

Quark design is flawed. No future for it.
opnoskatt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:54:14 PM

Quark network is very insecure because it is designed to be CPU only from the beginning. Quark becomes fresh meat to bot nets easily. Does such a cryptocurrency have a future? No

Diamond has some nice features that Quark will never have

+ Proof of Stake coin is more resilient to 51% attack. Since 51% hashpower is not enough to execute a 51% attack. The attackers must also have at least 51% stake. CPU only coin like is extremely vulnerable to 51% attack without using special hardware like ASIC. Bot nets are enough.
+ Transaction message: This is a must-have feature to integrate users' wallet with merchant payment gateway. Without it, Quark is just dump wallet. (EarthCoin has it too. Nice)
+ Fast but stable block generation: 60 seconds. Quark chooses 30 seconds which is very risky. Read the following explanation to see why: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349198.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227766.0 (StableCoin developer is really competent. I can not see it in Quark)

Quark design is flawed. No future for it.

Why does that argument (botnet) keep getting used against CPU coins.  Once a system is infected it is just as easy to utilize the GPU as it is to use the CPU.  In fact, more AV solution will recognize CPU utilization before a GPU intensive process.  If anything, a botnet has a better chance to attack a scrypt coin than a CPU based coin.  Server networks are a different story, but those types of botnets have rarely been successful and have an even smaller chance when trying to utilize an ephemeral port for the connection.

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
FZ: FA3HLhx8iyGPniYoHHyDxMREno6KtwnoiY
XPM: AdKrkQzdJmQPrx2Kujybycrxt5yvN4n1W8
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:55:06 PM

TAG of course, don't be stupid.
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:57:49 PM

A computer that is equipped with relevant GPU to mine scrypt coins is much harder to find. A virus that utilizes GPU is much harder to write

> If anything, a botnet has a better chance to attack a scrypt coin than a CPU based coin.

CPU is too slow to become a problem with scrypt coins. Have you ever mined a scrypt coin using CPU?
Lala

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:58:49 PM

Please don't listen to these guys advertising coins they are associated with. I won't offer any specific coin advice, apart from do your own research. Personally, alts are a huge risk and even though it seems logical that they will rise up with BTC they could tumble down as they could lose importance. NEVER invest all of your money into one coin. If it were me, personally, I'd stick with a 70% BTC, 20% LTC, 5% WDC, 5% various coin split.
ZKRiNG

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:00:39 PM

Quark looks to me better decision.

Ɖ: D5b1ZAM3SodS7p1o2h6Wk74D9My4HVynYy || ฿ : 1FdWjXRdtk6GghmmHN5MFvrQgcatR1Mjx3
Ł: LTuqhfA2VJcC5d5ZQGX3pR3C8Ku4P51nHH     || Ψ: AaHkji4brP26Yfs84GPp1RZ9a5mUiPL4bY
Aki4real

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:02:37 PM

Why not take a smaller amount and put it in a coin with a little more risk and reward.
I'd suggest CSC or LOT, as we all love to gamble.

Good luck though!
opnoskatt

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:05:10 PM

A computer that is equipped with relevant GPU to mine scrypt coins is much harder to find. A virus that utilizes GPU is much harder to write

> If anything, a botnet has a better chance to attack a scrypt coin than a CPU based coin.

CPU is too slow to become a problem with scrypt coins. Have you ever mined a scrypt coin using CPU?

I'm referring to mining using GPU; I understand that mining scrypt with CPU would be fruitless, even with 100K+ nodes.  A few notes; once a system is infected it's no more difficult to mine with CPU than it is to run a silent CMD with an infection package and mine using GPU (it's the same thing from the virus' perspective).  As far as finding suitable GPU zombies; that's not very difficult in today's market of directed infection.  Going after architecture firms, marketing companies, and AV outfits is a quick way to guarantee quality GPU's.  There is the common flaw of hitting nVidia machines, but with a large infection that wouldn't be a huge concern.

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
FZ: FA3HLhx8iyGPniYoHHyDxMREno6KtwnoiY
XPM: AdKrkQzdJmQPrx2Kujybycrxt5yvN4n1W8
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:05:32 PM

DOGE is a joke.. IF you're dumb enough to invest 10,000$ into a coin that the owners flat out said was a joke, then just hand me your money. Do the math on how many coins are produced for a coin.. If its in the retarded amounts category chances are its a shit coin... You'll buy, I'll dump and you'll be stuck with them forever.  I was in quark til it got sketchy(as in HAZARD started promoting it) sold, and made my millions so to speak.. My eyes are on MEC and WDC, both coins that hazard absolutely hates so its a good buy lol.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

Unfortunately it looks like DOGE is in the downward spiral already so no money to be made there.

Quark price action over the last month combined with the wsj and reuters news stories make it look like big money has moved in.

Quark's upside potential is minimum 10x from here and it might even reach close to the LTC price.

The LTC price is the topside barrier not the $1 a coin price as some suggest.
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:17:44 PM

I'm referring to mining using GPU; I understand that mining scrypt with CPU would be fruitless, even with 100K+ nodes.  A few notes; once a system is infected it's no more difficult to mine with CPU than it is to run a silent CMD with an infection package and mine using GPU (it's the same thing from the virus' perspective).  As far as finding suitable GPU zombies; that's not very difficult in today's market of directed infection.  Going after architecture firms, marketing companies, and AV outfits is a quick way to guarantee quality GPU's.  There is the common flaw of hitting nVidia machines, but with a large infection that wouldn't be a huge concern.

I said that: A computer that is equipped with relevant GPU to mine scrypt coins is much harder to find. Do you remember that cgminer does not work with on board GPU or every GPU on the market?

If you write such a virus, you may know that the effect will not be high. if you are a virus writer, you may find that it could add some KH/s to your mining rigs. It can not be used as an effective way to perform 51% attack. However, if you want to attack Quark, you will find that it is too easy for you. Every computer can be used to attack Quark. If someone want to control Quark with 51% attack, it is very serious.

Quark is vulnerable actually.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:21:06 PM

NXT has creeped up into the top 5 cryptos and is only just starting to get attention. Look at these points for NXT:

1. No mining required -100% proof of stake (this beats PeerCoin's main advantage). No wasted mining power
2. Faster transaction times than Bitcoin or Litecoin
3. Alias system (beats Namecoin's unique selling point).
4. Ridiculous number of cool features coming in the next month - peer to peer decentralised exchange, marketplace, anonymous messaging system, voting system
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

Quark for sure
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:21:25 PM

look at NXT and soon Emunie

Clayce

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:21:30 PM

I invested in Doge, WDC, and some FRK recently, any other good suggestions?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:41:24 PM

All good coins mentioned here,

1. quark - forget all the fud, this coin has momentum now and mainstream media coverage, it is stable and will increase in price. Any required changes to the code can be taken care of when and if needed. Tons of clones so that shows you what people think.

2. DMD - total sleeper coin, great design - will go MUCH higher - awesome name. Bit of a spike right now, get a bit and increase gradually.

3. DOGE - lots of momentum will go higher but not sure how much too early to say but i have come around to this as has too much coverage to die off now anytime soon.

4. WDC - great community worth a shot.

5. CGB - still cheap.

6. Digi - still cheap.  - awesome name

7. netcoin - good community....hold off and wait to see after this current spike. - awesome name

8. applecoin - i got a few of these, can't hurt just in case some nice media attention drops on it.

9. ADT - low in price atm because they are working on a fix. Wait a bit more then buy in just as the fix has taken place and all is good, will shoot up too.

Spread your funds between coins. Hold a few of all of them.

i think prime is still waiting for a rocket too.

Totally worth holding some established tier 1 coins too - ppc nmc ltc etc.  BTC - yes of course a few of those too.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: