Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85444 times)
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:29:44 AM

Dude.  You're incredibly dense.  Right now, it doesn't matter how good SC theory is.  Bitcoin is still better in virtually every way because you can BUY STUFF WITH IT.

Hey dude you can buy stuff with SolidCoin too!

And BTW, vendors only need to take 5 minutes switching to SolidCoin, it's not hard. One of the advantages of me still supporting the archaic bitcoin API.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:33:46 AM

What we do know is that in under a week we have gone from 1.2 THash, or 11% of the BTC network to 300GHash and SolidCoin is still flying.
You don't understand that loosing over 80% of your miners in a matter of days as indicative of a larger problem? The SC network is already down to 200G. A little more and a single miner like ArtForz could wipe out your chain. Hell, in a couple days I might be able to. I better dump my SC asap.
* Syke goes off to start compiling a custom SC node...

Firstly no it's not really a problem LOSING 80% of the network hash, it's a good test of how resilient the code is. Without that happening I won't be able to point to it in the future as evidence. It's an issue all new chains will face gaining support from miners. They come and go when it's "immediately profitable" or "immediately not profitable".

I also don't think it's wise to publicly out yourself as a troll but nevertheless I can't stop you. Smiley

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:36:31 AM

Dude.  You're incredibly dense.  Right now, it doesn't matter how good SC theory is.  Bitcoin is still better in virtually every way because you can BUY STUFF WITH IT.

And BTW, vendors only need to take 5 minutes switching to SolidCoin, it's not hard. One of the advantages of me still supporting the archaic bitcoin API.

Dude, do you permanently reside in nerdland?  And when I said buy stuff, I meant good stuff.

Normal businessmen do not consider accepting SolidCoin, let alone Bitcoin, easy.   You remind me of those guys screaming, "Guys! Guys!  Encrypting your wallet is NOT that hard.  All you need to do is download x operating system onto a bootable disc and blah blah blah blah blah....."

You took Bitcoin and changed a few things.  Whoopdie doo.  
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:38:37 AM

Okay then, sorry for any misunderstanding. I do believe that solidcoin is an improvement over bitcoin most definitely, but that is the same thing with namecoin, yet people have not "fleeced" there from bitcoin.

Artforz has "suggested" code be put into i0coin which was designed to ensure his FPGA miners got more of the blocks than others. Someone incompetent then added the code. So this is what I mean by fleece, he has willfully decided to fleece BTC from the ignorant people who don't understand it. Perhaps people think that he's a champion for using his intelligence in such a manner but to me it comes across as deceitful.

The other BTC trolls here taking joy in the potential misery of others is also quite a sad indictment on the human race.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:39:08 AM

@CoinHunter

Don't argue with these morons, just keep improving your code.

I love the reasoning that simply because no one has bothered to fix Bitcoin in 2 years that means it is ok LOL....

That wasn't the reasoning.  You made that reasoning up.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:40:48 AM

Okay then, sorry for any misunderstanding. I do believe that solidcoin is an improvement over bitcoin most definitely, but that is the same thing with namecoin, yet people have not "fleeced" there from bitcoin.

Artforz has "suggested" code be put into i0coin which was designed to ensure his FPGA miners got more of the blocks than others. Someone incompetent then added the code. So this is what I mean by fleece, he has willfully decided to fleece BTC from the ignorant people who don't understand it. Perhaps people think that he's a champion for using his intelligence in such a manner but to me it comes across as deceitful.

The other BTC trolls here taking joy in the potential misery of others is also quite a sad indictment on the human race.

Um...you're on bitcointalk.org.  Bitcoin is Run DMC and you're 50 cent.

Edit:  I dislike rap.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:41:34 AM

Dude, do you permanently reside in nerdland?  And when I said buy stuff, I meant good stuff.

Ok so now we're getting down to the meat of your debating talents, that when I reply to your incorrect statements you change them to subjective ones.

"I didn't mean buy stuff, I meant buy stuff that I like from the shop I like"

Normal businessmen do not consider accepting SolidCoin, let alone Bitcoin, easy.

That's what I'm going to change. You excited? You should be.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:45:35 AM

Ok so now we're getting down to the meat of your debating talents, that when I reply to your incorrect statements you change them to subjective ones.

Normal businessmen do not consider accepting SolidCoin, let alone Bitcoin, easy.

No, it was a subjective statement obviously referring to a larger issue.  There's a reason nerds are nerds.  They're good with gadgets, but they suck at understanding what people actually want.

You know what I meant when I said "good stuff."  I was referring to the ridiculously limited selection of things you can buy with SC.  I'm on this forum every day, and I haven't seen one thing that I can buy with SC.

I'm not excited yet because I don't believe you are good at understanding what people want.

Edit:  Your debating talents include "oh yeah, that's coming...hasn't happened yet, but it will.  You just watch. Watchin' yet?"
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:52:27 AM

No, it was a subjective statement obviously referring to a larger issue.  There's a reason nerds are nerds.  They're good with gadgets, but they suck at understanding what people actually want.

You know what I meant when I said "good stuff."  I was referring to the ridiculously limited selection of things you can buy with SC.  I'm on this forum every day, and I haven't seen one thing that I can buy with SC.

I'm not excited yet because I don't believe you are good at understanding what people want.

Edit:  Your debating talents include "oh yeah, that's coming...hasn't happened yet, but it will.  You just watch. Watchin' yet?"

enter address, select compound, press send.
opiates and cannabanoids delivered to my braincase, instantaneously? XD
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:00:47 AM

@CoinHunter

Dude, you're arguing with punks that have "13 year old Jr High School Girl" mentality.

You and I and anyone that doesn't have a fat wallet of BTC waiting for $30 per BTC to comeback knows that SolidCoin is an improvement. Not perfect, but it moves the needle to the good. Keep on coding.

Stop projecting cause you never got any girls when you were 13.

I own more SC than BTC, fyi.  

Edit:  I'm terminating my discussion on this thread.  The guy who suggested instantaneous transmission of substances to the brain has a better economic model.  He's a guy who knows what people want.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:14:12 AM

Actually with my current website, it will take me ALOT of work so that is a blunt statment. I don't know of any exchange that will directly take USD for SC or vice versa, I'm forced to program fluctuating SC exchange rate with the already fluxuating exchange rate..... on top of that I have a "Locked in BTC price" so its even more of a hassel. That is why I'm going to sit on the side till SC gets its stuff together.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:21:19 AM

Actually with my current website, it will take me ALOT of work so that is a blunt statment. I don't know of any exchange that will directly take USD for SC or vice versa, I'm forced to program fluctuating SC exchange rate with the already fluxuating exchange rate..... on top of that I have a "Locked in BTC price" so its even more of a hassel. That is why I'm going to sit on the side till SC gets its stuff together.

Yep all good points. It depends of course on a variety of factors, but regardless of what the "value" is, switching to SolidCoin is really painless for most sites. Obviously determining "value" is an importing thing for any business and will definitely restrict uptake.

So we need to improve the developer tools and make it easy for businesses used to dealing in fiat to have that option. Unlike bitcoin we aren't going to force users to rely on middlemen who go to the exchanges for you and take fees and then give you fiat after a complicated and unneeded signing up procedure. We are working closely with some exchanges to offer this straight to the business and give them the code to use it.

Even with Bitcoin's "value" in 50% swings in some days businesses can't rely on it. So for a while at least we have to peg value to fiat and keep their holdings in fiat until the day the currency is stable.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:34:03 AM

Firstly no it's not really a problem LOSING 80% of the network hash, it's a good test of how resilient the code is. Without that happening I won't be able to point to it in the future as evidence. It's an issue all new chains will face gaining support from miners. They come and go when it's "immediately profitable" or "immediately not profitable".
Let's assume we lose almost all the rest of the miners. What's the longest time that can pass until the next difficulty adjustment?

Buy & Hold
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:52:40 AM

Let's assume we lose almost all the rest of the miners. What's the longest time that can pass until the next difficulty adjustment?

We can't really have a discussion unless you give actual numbers. The longest time it can take is infinite, with 0 miners. Smiley Don't know if that really answers your question or not.

We're about to see a drop back down to 8000 diff or so in 6 hours, down from 18000. So we will likely see more miners coming back and the cycle continues. Notice however that we now have a new minimum amount of miners (compared to starting with 0 ) Smiley This is part of the algorithm. Each cycle the base should continue to grow.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

We can't really have a discussion unless you give actual numbers. The longest time it can take is infinite, with 0 miners. Smiley Don't know if that really answers your question or not.
I'm sorry if "almost all" means 0 to you. Let me try some easier questions for you.

The FAQ states:

it can lower difficulty 400% in 12 hours

First, what does 400% lower difficulty mean given a current difficulty of 18,246?

Why hasn't the difficulty lowered in the last 13+ hours?

Buy & Hold
navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:54:37 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 09:41:03 PM by navigator

DELETED for privacy
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:56:33 AM

It can drop by a factor of 4 at maximum, so anything up to 12 minute block average is under the 4x limit.

At the moment blocks are averaging perhaps 6-8 minutes. Still under BTC confirmations even though we've dropped 900GH which is why SolidCoin is the fastest currency. So we should see a drop down to about 9000, give or take. We are 43 blocks away from this retarget period actually... not very long at all.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1264

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:57:01 AM

I'm sorry if "almost all" means 0 to you. Let me try some easier questions for you.

The FAQ states:

it can lower difficulty 400% in 12 hours

First, what does 400% lower difficulty mean given a current difficulty of 18,246?

Why hasn't the difficulty lowered in the last 13+ hours?

I'm not sure why CoinHunter keeps on using this 400% number. It makes absolute no sense. You can't lower a number by 400%. If you lower by 100%, you get 0. Lowering by 400% gives you -54,738?!? I think what he's trying to say is that it can lower at most 75%. Also the 12 hours is an estimate. The actual time depends on how long it takes to find 240 blocks. At the ideal rate of a block every 3 minutes, you will find 240 blocks in 12 hours. But if you lose 90% of your miners, it could take 5 days. And when the difficulty adjusts after 5 days, it will only reduce by 75% max and not 90%.

So, CoinHunter, please fix the text on your website.

navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:06:42 AM

Coblee, 400% means 4.00. You divide the difficulty by 4 maximum.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:10:24 AM

raise by a maximum of 10% every 12 hours
So that's wrong too? There's no 12 hour calculation in the difficulty adjustment period at all? It's simply every 240 blocks exactly, no matter how fast or slow those blocks were found?

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: