Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
The Electric Monk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:40:11 PM

Perhaps. Coinhunter indicates he thinks 600+ btc was moved there. Seems like the market is at bitparking moreso than another exchange. But we will see. As I indicated earlier I predict in the next 3 or 4 weeks you will see solidcoin take a dive.

At this point it could go either way IMHO, but SolidCoin brings enough substantial improvements to keep it viable beyond 3-4 weeks.  The only thing still missing is the infrastructure (ie. you can't actually use SC for anything other than exchanging it for BTC/USD) and that's an area where all of the *coin chains have failed so far.  If CoinHunter can put a little more effort into getting vendors to accept SC, that will go a long way in establishing it as a viable Bitcoin alternative.

I agree.  What do you think is be the best way to involve vendors?  Just email them and ask if they will start accepting?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:05:18 PM

Perhaps. Coinhunter indicates he thinks 600+ btc was moved there. Seems like the market is at bitparking moreso than another exchange. But we will see. As I indicated earlier I predict in the next 3 or 4 weeks you will see solidcoin take a dive.

At this point it could go either way IMHO, but SolidCoin brings enough substantial improvements to keep it viable beyond 3-4 weeks.  The only thing still missing is the infrastructure (ie. you can't actually use SC for anything other than exchanging it for BTC/USD) and that's an area where all of the *coin chains have failed so far.  If CoinHunter can put a little more effort into getting vendors to accept SC, that will go a long way in establishing it as a viable Bitcoin alternative.
I had a feeling there are many Starcraft players on here Cheesy.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:19:25 PM

It only makes sense to play SC and then pay in SC.... lol
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:04:10 AM

Yep, like I said before I didn't really expect SC to as popular as it is this quickly. I was hoping to have 2 quiet-ish weeks able to get the new developer/business/merchant section up. Once that is up and the new API available everyone will be able to run as efficiently as a multimillion dollar business like MtGox are currently (with an enhanced client). We'll be giving this to everyone to level the playing field and to make every SC site a lot more secure than an equiv. BTC one.

Once the new developer section is up every business will be able to move to SC much easier than BTC and that is what will drive them to SolidCoin, ease of use, security and a more reliable network.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 06:15:20 AM

new Exchanger SC/BTC https://btc-e.com/sc_exchanger

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
stryker

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 09:07:46 AM

@CoinHunter, good idea, looking forward to seeing the API
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 09:34:15 AM

Yep, like I said before I didn't really expect SC to as popular as it is this quickly. I was hoping to have 2 quiet-ish weeks able to get the new developer/business/merchant section up. Once that is up and the new API available everyone will be able to run as efficiently as a multimillion dollar business like MtGox are currently (with an enhanced client). We'll be giving this to everyone to level the playing field and to make every SC site a lot more secure than an equiv. BTC one.

Once the new developer section is up every business will be able to move to SC much easier than BTC and that is what will drive them to SolidCoin, ease of use, security and a more reliable network.

I'm still a fan of Bitcoin, but I gotta say...

The fact Bruce Wagner never said SolidCoins is good stuff is probably going to be a huge point in favor of the currency for a while. Tongue

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:20:10 PM

It only makes sense to play SC and then pay in SC.... lol
My life for Auire, bitchez!! Tongue

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:22:17 PM

Can you give us an overview of the capabilities of the API?  I'm probably getting ahead of myself since I don't really know what an API is other than what I've Google'd.  Will merchants who have an existing storefront (or want to build one) be able to easily implement SLC as a method of payment?

Mousepotato
Conräd

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:01:20 PM

SC goes slowly down. what happend?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:08:04 PM

As I indicated watch the price of solidcoins for the next few weeks. Sure enough today it hit 0.0045 down from 0.015btc.

Coincidence? I think not. It has rebounded but I don't think that price will last long based on technical analysis of support and resistance. Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:14:33 PM

SC goes slowly down. what happend?

What happened? Well RealSolid/CoinHunter went around pissing off everyone. Even a lot of the early SC supporters are no longer that gung ho about SC. So people start dumping their coins and the price tanks. And speculators come back in at the low price to give it a dead cat bounce.

I'm with smoothie on this. The way things are going, SC is going to 0 pretty soon.

The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:28:45 PM

Smoothie wasn't exactly a neutral force in all this either.  He has wadged some kind of personal vendetta against it.  Even if he started this chain it isn't just Coinhunters any more, he couldn't contain it if he wanted to.  By slandering SC and going on and on about how it's a scam, Smoothie is also causing problems for other people who've put effort into mining and promotion.

Smoothie made a prediction and then magically, after immense effort, countless posts and criticism, his prediction came true!   Of course, I see the price has risen back to 0.12 already meaning some people could have doubled thier money (or much more) in minutes from the traders you scared off. 
Conräd

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

Dear SolidHounter,

why are you pissing everyone off?
You made a great Bitcoin fork.
It would be very nice if you settle the quarrel so SC can rise again.

best regards
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:32:30 PM

Smoothie wasn't exactly a neutral force in all this either.  He has wadged some kind of personal vendetta against it.  Even if he started this chain it isn't just Coinhunters any more, he couldn't contain it if he wanted to.  By slandering SC and going on and on about how it's a scam, you are causing problems for other people who've put effort into mining and promotion.

Smoothie made a prediction and then magically, after immense effort, countless posts and criticism, his prediction came true!   Of course, I see the price has risen back to 0.12 already meaning some people could have doubled thier money (or much more) in minutes from the traders you scared off. 

I never said it was a scam. I just requoted a posting that said that it was.

Plus as someone who knows bout technical analysis I wouldnt be surprised if the price never rose above 0.015 BTC again.

Selling area is 0.011 to 0.012 as a top for cutting losses or taking profit.

And no I was neutral on the subject it just seems coinhunter can't help but be so egotistical that he needed to write an article bout how solidcoin was going to replace bitcoin and make stupid implications that have no merit on why that would transpire.

Of course the next two day the price of solidcoins tanked. And no I had only 63 solidcoins at the time of my prediction so I did not tank the price myself. Maybe it was coinhunter?

lol Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:07:05 PM

Smoothie wasn't exactly a neutral force in all this either.  He has wadged some kind of personal vendetta against it.  Even if he started this chain it isn't just Coinhunters any more, he couldn't contain it if he wanted to.  By slandering SC and going on and on about how it's a scam, you are causing problems for other people who've put effort into mining and promotion.

Plus as someone who knows bout technical analysis I wouldnt be surprised if the price never rose above 0.015 BTC again.

And no I was neutral on the subject it just seems coinhunter can't help but be so egotistical that he needed to write an article bout how solidcoin was going to replace bitcoin and make stupid implications that have no merit on why that would transpire.

Of course the next two day the price of solidcoins tanked. And no I had only 63 solidcoins at the time of my prediction so I did not tank the price myself. Maybe it was coinhunter?

lol Grin

I'm sorry if I misterpreted your intentions.  I don't agree with that article either, but can you please just let SC fail or succeed on it's own without reposting under titles like "SolidCoin - new and improved. Improved to scam you?".  I could repost stuff from the BTC forum that wouldn't exactly help the cause.  Here's a good one:

Ixcoin, I0coin, Shitcoin, Schmitcoin or Bitcoin has a ZERO future period unless instant transfer becomes a reality.

I'm just thankfull that Magical Tux has created the "Magic The Gathering of Dumbasses" that will part with USD for it. LOL!!!!

That makes it sound like a scam...  Not everyone thinks that way, but if we repost that everywhere you can watch all crypto currencies become worthless.  What you are doing, intentional or not, isn't helping anyone.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:18:06 PM

lol Grin

I'm sorry if I misterpreted your intentions.  I don't agree with that article either, but can you please just let SC fail or succeed on it's own without reposting under titles like "SolidCoin - new and improved. Improved to scam you?".  I could repost stuff from the BTC forum that wouldn't exactly help the cause.  Here's a good one:

Ixcoin, I0coin, Shitcoin, Schmitcoin or Bitcoin has a ZERO future period unless instant transfer becomes a reality.

I'm just thankfull that Magical Tux has created the "Magic The Gathering of Dumbasses" that will part with USD for it. LOL!!!!

That makes it sound like a scam...  Not everyone thinks that way, but if we repost that everywhere you can watch all crypto currencies become worthless.  What you are doing, intentional or not, isn't helping anyone.

Dude just because you think I shouldn't do something doesn't mean it is wrong. I'm doing what I believe is right. If you don't agree that's fine. Just hope you aren't holding solidcoins as the price plummets further.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:26:23 PM

As I indicated watch the price of solidcoins for the next few weeks. Sure enough today it hit 0.0045 down from 0.015btc.

Coincidence? I think not. It has rebounded but I don't think that price will last long based on technical analysis of support and resistance. Cheesy
Smoothie's guide to market prediction:

OH HAY GUISE WATCH TEH PRICE OF XXXXX FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS

if price=price++

SURE ENOUGH TODAY IT WENT UP. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

if price=price--

SURE ENOUGH TODAY IT WENT DOWN. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:28:20 PM

Dude just because you think I shouldn't do something doesn't mean it is wrong. I'm doing what I believe is right. If you don't agree that's fine. Just hope you aren't holding solidcoins as the price plummets further.
I believe that you believe that you're not a complete retard.  But I believe that that belief is wrong.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:29:17 PM

Smoothie's guide to market prediction:

OH HAY GUISE WATCH TEH PRICE OF XXXXX FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS

if price=price++

SURE ENOUGH TODAY IT WENT UP. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

if price=price--

SURE ENOUGH TODAY IT WENT DOWN. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

maybe you did not read my posts that I made 2 days ago about the market tanking??? LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: