Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:12:21 AM

http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

The tone of this article is similar to Gaddafi threatening NATO countries one month ago...

Can you feel the fear ? It looks like the end is near for SolidCoin

Sounded like an infomercial.

Interesting facts pointed out. 11% of the bitcoin hashing power went to the solidcoin network for what like 24 hours? 48 hours at most?

The mt. gox hack, mybitcoin.com, and other catastrophies surrounding bitcoin are not in fact problems with bitcoin itself.

There are subtle references to facts that are skewed in favoring solidcoin to make solidcoin look better.

Yes the difficulty algorithm was originally part of solidcoin's source, but as we move forward in an open-source world there are many block chains that could come along and add other features including ones that solidcoin introduced and dilute the market share altogether.

Solidcoin thus far is a success, but how long has it been...what 2 weeks at most?

Give it another 2 months and let's see where things stand.

As you indicated it sure sounds like it could be the end of solidcoin...we'll see.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:19:04 AM

The tone of this article is similar to Gaddafi threatening NATO countries one month ago...

Interesting facts pointed out. 11% of the bitcoin hashing power went to the solidcoin network for what like 24 hours? 48 hours at most?

The mt. gox hack, mybitcoin.com, and other catastrophies surrounding bitcoin are not in fact problems with bitcoin itself.

There are subtle references to facts that are skewed in favoring solidcoin to make solidcoin look better.

Yes the difficulty algorithm was originally part of solidcoin's source, but as we move forward in an open-source world there are many block chains that could come along and add other features including ones that solidcoin introduced and dilute the market share altogether.

Solidcoin thus far is a success, but how long has it been...what 2 weeks at most?

As you indicated it sure sounds like it could be the end of solidcoin...we'll see.

Your claim that SC is over because of 1 heavy-handed post is so far off...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:20:52 AM

Did you even read what I wrote? I never claimed the post was going to kill SC it was ThomasV who wrote it. I just said "we'll see".

LOL  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:24:21 AM

Did you even read what I wrote? I never claimed the post was going to kill SC it was ThomasV who wrote it. I just said "we'll see".

LOL  Cheesy
I like these heavy handed posts. They bring us publicity, but Coinhunter is going to have to start articulating why his coin is safer/faster/better than Bitcoin. It can't just be "it's better cause it is". 90% of the people on here can't understand the coding, so it would be nice if he could go over everything, and break it down step by step.
Isepick

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:40:27 AM

My, how...unprofessional. I cannot see what he hoped to gain with that article. Appealing to the lunatic fringe, perhaps? The FBI making Bitcoin, really? Anybody who has issues with Bitcoin would already be using SC, and all this does is push any tentative users away. Couldn't take the professional route, had to go the drama/hype route? Seriously, would have gained a lot more people with 'our tx times are quicker, etc etc' vs. 'the feds invented bitcoin!!!1!'. How many businesses are going to read that article and think "I need to use SC over bitcoin"?? You really can't call yourself the 'bitcoin-killer' until you at least reach parity with bitcoin, and have somewhat more than 5% of the network.

Amazing to think that the 20,000 SC i've mined are going to be fairly worthless, thanks to one high school level post designed to reach out to the tin foil hat base. This does serve to prove that SC is a single man operation, because if 2 or 3 reasonable adults had proofed that article, it never would have been released. Again, very unprofessional in my opinion.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:57:15 AM

About 600 BTC has been taken off the bids and I guess moved to Ruxum.
I haven't seen any large withdrawals from the bitparking exchange compared to usual activity.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:01:36 PM

My, how...unprofessional. I cannot see what he hoped to gain with that article. Appealing to the lunatic fringe, perhaps? The FBI making Bitcoin, really? Anybody who has issues with Bitcoin would already be using SC, and all this does is push any tentative users away. Couldn't take the professional route, had to go the drama/hype route? Seriously, would have gained a lot more people with 'our tx times are quicker, etc etc' vs. 'the feds invented bitcoin!!!1!'. How many businesses are going to read that article and think "I need to use SC over bitcoin"?? You really can't call yourself the 'bitcoin-killer' until you at least reach parity with bitcoin, and have somewhat more than 5% of the network.

Amazing to think that the 20,000 SC i've mined are going to be fairly worthless, thanks to one high school level post designed to reach out to the tin foil hat base. This does serve to prove that SC is a single man operation, because if 2 or 3 reasonable adults had proofed that article, it never would have been released. Again, very unprofessional in my opinion.

Haha are you kidding? If you truly think they are going to be "Worthless" go and sell them, they have value as of right now. So please. Do people seriously think I care if they sell SolidCoins? It's quite hilarious, I have an incoming stream of BTC that will always be there to buy them, and there are many thousands that want them.

If you think anything in that article is incorrect then please tell us what is. The fact is people are asking questions, and this answers a lot of them. If you don't like the answers you don't have to. No one is asking you to become wealthy thanks to SolidCoin, so if you think it's going to be worthless you simply need to go and sell them all and get back on the Bitcoin horse. See how well it goes for you.

Unlike most people I know the future of SolidCoin because many of the details haven't been released yet and many of the business relationships we have formed are also being held back. The only lunatic fringe are the people supporting bitcoin because it was first. There are massive issues with it, some which that article raise , many more which it doesn't.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 12:06:06 PM

... because many of the details haven't been released yet

how can you expect to be taken seriously ?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:14:05 PM

how can you expect to be taken seriously ?

If you want a guarantee of success you can look elsewhere. It's up to each person to make a decision about what they want to support, if you think there is too much "bs" and "lies" then no one is asking you to invest in a new currency. With the amount of negativity you have I'm not sure where your "best place" is to be honest. American Idol judge or something maybe? Smiley

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:20:32 PM

This thread had some good information and some crap too. Normal.
Reading SolidCoin responses to some of the post has been informative, entertaining and yes, sometimes even close to embarrassing. Most of it was still good and looks like the guy believes in what he is doing.

Now he's post are stating to sound like cries for help by a hysterical 12 years old, who has a nervous brake down and has gone to a self destruct mode.

SolidCoin dude, take a chill pill and cool down. This is not how computer scientists, with decades long experience, act in public. Wink

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:22:44 PM

Reading SolidCoin responses to some of the post has been informative, entertaining and yes, sometimes even close to embarrassing. Most of it was still good and looks like the guy believes in what he is doing.

Now he's post are stating to sound like cries for help by a hysterical 12 years old, who has a nervous brake down and has gone to a self destruct mode.

SolidCoin dude, take a chill pill and cool down. This is not how computer scientists, with decades long experience, act in public. Wink

To be fair I don't think they go out much in public anyways X) !
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:32:22 PM

Claiming one of those posting bounties

http://coinbits.com/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse/

Pay to: sTnW2D2hHxQSFtBuWidUguiPEZihzTTdAr

Thanks!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:40:36 PM

Claiming one of those posting bounties

http://coinbits.com/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse/

Pay to: sTnW2D2hHxQSFtBuWidUguiPEZihzTTdAr

Thanks!

Sent, thanks for the support. Smiley

3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:51:01 PM

I would say the same. In fact, I think maybe the person now posting as CoinHunter is not the same physical person as the one that started this thread. Too much discrepancy in the style and expressions of writing. And if he's doing his business deals at such a level of verbal exchange, well, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot stick.

I pointed out in an earlier post that if he/they want to look reliable and trusted, they had better not engage in an "eye for an eye" debates, and drop to the level that they are accusing Bitcoin people of having.

Pity...

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
The Electric Monk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:58:58 PM

People need to give CoinHunter a break, he's put a lot of effort into getting this started.  Most of the arguements against solidcoin have been either personal or vague and unarticulated.  If you don't like SolidCoins, you dont have to use them.

That said, I think SC would do better in the long run if we focus on the positives of using it, and less on the negatives of BTC.  Focusing on negatives might make potential supporters resentful.  We owe the success of SC to BTC.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:02:52 PM

I would say the same. In fact, I think maybe the person now posting as CoinHunter is not the same physical person as the one that started this thread. Too much discrepancy in the style and expressions of writing. And if he's doing his business deals at such a level of verbal exchange, well, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot stick.

It's funny how I get accused for being a conspiracy theorist for writing that article yet people can claim whatever they want about me and it's "ok". Smiley "Oh it's a team of people posting on a forum". "Oh it's a CIA plant" . It's also funny how no one has yet tried to refute anything in the article..... and no one will be able to provided they have good reading comprehension. Because NONE of it is a lie or mistruth.

It's also a misunderstanding of my personality I think, come on IRC and have a chat.

Isepick

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:48:14 PM

It's funny how I get accused for being a conspiracy theorist for writing that article yet people can claim whatever they want about me and it's "ok". Smiley "Oh it's a team of people posting on a forum". "Oh it's a CIA plant" . It's also funny how no one has yet tried to refute anything in the article..... and no one will be able to provided they have good reading comprehension. Because NONE of it is a lie or mistruth.

Sane adults know that you cannot disprove a negative. In fact, going on the premise of the article about the FBI, one might reasonably conclude that SolidCoin is the FBI operation set up to disrupt Bitcoin. You can refute that until the end of time, but you cannot definitively prove SC is not a gov't op.

Again, totally unprofessional, and no true business would make such accusations. Do yourself a favor, hire a real PR firm and either run everything thru them or at least bounce it off them first. If you are going to try to be the world leader in digital currency then you should probably try to act like it.
huayra.agera

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:56:21 PM

Has anyone here noticed Ruxum now allows trades SC for USD vice versa? Although they are now in private beta requiring invite codes to register. Anyone has IC's? I'm interested in trying out their site. This may also give SC +edge over BTC. They opened @ 0.105 $ per SC. Not bad! Smiley

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:57:23 PM

Do yourself a favor, hire a real PR firm and either run everything thru them or at least bounce it off them first. If you are going to try to be the world leader in digital currency then you should probably try to act like it.

Yes, because all real leaders always talk trough PR firms...  Roll Eyes

I prefer to see openly what a person is all about than to trust the PR. I don't like to be brainswashed.

Look at Bruce. So many PR, and now we see what's behind all that... Tongue
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:04:03 PM

Has anyone here noticed Ruxum now allows trades SC for USD vice versa? Although they are now in private beta requiring invite codes to register. Anyone has IC's? I'm interested in trying out their site. This may also give SC +edge over BTC. They opened @ 0.105 $ per SC. Not bad! Smiley
I didn't see that. Holy molly not bad at all ! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: