Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:00:58 AM

As a solidcoin supporter, I like to ask you all to stop this pointless flame war.

Before that, I'll like to set the record straight.  Wink

Do you really believe that if you keep repeating "it was a malicious attack, we at SC are clean, BTC guys are idiots", it will make problems go away and everybody forgets why and how this simple attack actually got started?

RealCoin (in IRC) was told that he has a problem in SC code after "fixing" something he did not fully understood. RealSolid told ArtForz, the evil attacker who found the problem, to just fuck off. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41113.msg501363#msg501363)
(BTW, if I remember correctly, in #solidcoin IRC, someone else told that ArtForz is really good at finding problems)

I am not defending or saying what ArtForz did was correct, but I am actually more pissed off at this pompous RealSolid than ArtForz.
Why? Not because RealSolid fucked up by "fixing" something he did not fully understood (shit happens) but for ignoring a warning from a more experienced developer.

Sorry to say but CoinHunters (noagendamarket in IRC) desperate attempt at damage control wave turned in to a Freshly Squeezed Kool-Aid Super Sale.

I, as a SC supported hope that someone is going to tell this little bitter joker RealCoin to get off he's donkey and start listen to other developers. Especially those people, who have order of magnitude more experience than SC "team of computer scientist" (BS from your own web page!).

RealCoin, Bitcoin is not your enemy! Bitcoin code is the core of your fork. If you do not understand it, go and ask btc developers! No one will think less of you.

I believe, that SC has a future. Yes there is a "but". But if this bull shit and Kool-Aid selling goes on too long, YOU  will kill the SC before it even takes off.

CoinHunter and you minions, before you type up your next pile of solidcoin damaging bull shit, let it simmer there for 10 min, read it again, rewrite it and  then publish.

(sorry, I can not resist, I had to)    Smiley
PS! Smoothie, I am going to call your mom and she is going to whip your pimple covered ass to a real smoothie... and probably stick a banana in to it too... if you do not start playing nice.

Can we now please stop this crap war and move on?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:24:22 AM

Latest release of SolidCoin source posted in IRC contains a 'readme' document with the following text:

Copyright (c) 2011 SolidCoin Developers

All changes made by SolidCoin developers require express permission to be used
in other projects, including original the Bitcoin project.
wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:32:31 PM

Where did all my SolidCoins go?  I just withdrew from Bitparking earlier this morning and they just disappeared.  There's no trace of them in my SC client at all and it's been about 50 blocks.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
wallet.dat

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:59:17 PM

Well this sux.  On top of my missing SolidCoins, I keep getting .log files added to my \database directory every few seconds and each one is nearly 10Mb.  WTF mate?

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:01:21 PM

wallet.dat  did you update to 1.04?

mooo for rent
pixilated8

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:05:16 PM

I have a prob where I have a small amount of BTC that I can't get out of there anymore at all now, the mandatory minimum fee is too large and I can't convert to SC's to take out .... guess it's a mandatory donation now?.... :-(

Same.  I was hoping I could deposit some BTC and then pull the full amount (minus the fees of course).  I realize that the amount I have in there is less than the fee amount to withdraw, so I would actually be losing BTC by doing this.  It's just the "It's mine and I want them" mentality I guess. Smiley  I suppose I don't mind if it's made into a "donation" rather than just being lost into the great big bit bucket in the sky.
wallet.dat

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:12:09 PM

wallet.dat  did you update to 1.04?

Yes sir I did.  And still no trace of my Bitcoins I withdrew from Bitparking and Coinotron. 

swapper

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:51:33 PM

Note on http://sc.btcguild.com:

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

This is your one week warning. After that week is up, SC Guild will be gone and it will NOT be coming back.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:00:35 PM

Note on http://sc.btcguild.com:

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

This is your one week warning. After that week is up, SC Guild will be gone and it will NOT be coming back.

Bye Bye!

All pools should close shop, even for Bitcoin. lol
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:20:54 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 05:16:55 AM by Maged

Rest of you relax, some people are working their asses off right now to get it all fixed. We can move on without the Coinhuner/RealSolid crap.

Lets turn those asspennies to real solidcoins!

Get the bull shit free client form:  [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
doublec
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:20:09 AM

Where did all my SolidCoins go?  I just withdrew from Bitparking earlier this morning and they just disappeared.  There's no trace of them in my SC client at all and it's been about 50 blocks.
There are issues with the solidcoin client and network causing delays in confirmations in some transactions. This is related to the transaction and block limit sizes recently introduced as well as the developer keeping the 1.02 client available for download on the solidcoin site even though 1.03 and 1.031 were released. It's even possible for transfers from the 1.02 client to be forever stuck at 0/unconfirmed due to the new rules in the later versions not accepting them. If you still have not got the funds in 24 hours, PM me with the address you withdrew to and I'll track down what the issue is.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:24:08 AM

Wow...

Yo Coinhunter, remember how you said you thought I was bad with money and that I'd be kicking myself for not buying at these prices (which at the time were .15)?

Retraction please?
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:25:33 AM

Wow...

Yo Coinhunter, remember how you said you thought I was bad with money and that I'd be kicking myself for not buying at these prices (which at the time were .15)?

Retraction please?

I predict SolidCoin 1.05's license will say you're not allowed to use it. After all, it's closed source, and he already specifically tried to attack the Bitcoin people in his "license."

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:50:07 PM

Fuck Coinhuner/RealSolid

smoothie, sit on your hands for few hours.

Rest of you relax, some people are working their asses off right now to get it all fixed. We can move on without the Coinhuner/RealSolid crap.

Lets turn those asspennies to real solidcoins!

I'm sorry your maniacal patron destroyed the value you thought you held.

I believe there are good reasons that "alternate" blockchains haven't managed to hold their own, in general, above 1% of BTC for a respectable length of time.

To anyone considering holding any real money in this stuff, it'd pay dividends, literally, to seriously consider where the value is and why.  I suggest mises.org is a gold mine that might give one ideas to chew on.

Satoshi was quite a bit smarter than most seem to give credit.  He may not have gotten everything right, but daily the accumulation of evidence is that he got far more right than he got wrong.  Respect!
doublec
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 03:46:59 PM

Payouts for the Bitparking pool and exchange are slightly slow at the moment due to what appears to be a solidcoin bug where the client lags behind the real blockchain. This results in long transaction confirmation times. I've updated the exchange page with this information, along with other solidcoin issues I hit while using it.
Unfortunately due to bugs in SolidCoin some withdrawals may take a while to confirm. The solidcoin client is getting 'stuck' on some blocks and lagging behind the main blockchain.

These bugs being introduced to SolidCoin make it difficult to use by sites. Other bugs introduced by SolidCoin that have caused issues with the exchange include:

The fixed 0.01 SC transaction fee allowed large spam transactions to be created cheaply. These transactions caused nodes to crash (this is why Ruxum stopped taking SolidCoin) and extra disk space and CPU time to process.
    The fix to deal with the transaction fee above was to reduce the allowed transaction sizes. This caused issues in the exchange when processing withdrawals as they often exceeded this size due to wallet fragmentation. The exchange had to stop deposits and withdrawals until a fix was obtained.
    Old clients not containing the transaction fee changes above (1.02 and below) can send transactions over the 4KB limit introduced above. These will not make it onto the network and will stay at 0/unconfirmed forever. This was made worse by the SolidCoin developers not updating the website with clients newer than 1.02 for some time.

All of the above bugs are new and introduced by the SolidCoin developers.
cengique

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:18:07 PM

IXcoin - hit hard at 16 difficulty made 600 BTC in 7 days
I0coin - Not as good 200 BTC

I am sure these profits contributed to the recent consistent losses in BTC value. The more scams and unfair profits people make and they sell off their BTC profits, this brings the BTC value down. I guess we all knew that things like this would happen when we got into it...  Undecided
wallet.dat

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:41:59 PM

Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 05:45:03 PM

Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/

wallet.dat

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 06:32:36 PM

Thanks.  It seems I'm stuck at 28416 with the 1.04 client.  Ugh.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:02:33 PM

Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/

Anybody can see some quick bitcoin stats by going to my daemon page(including block number)

www.cheaperinbitcoins.com/daemon

or my 50 other domains to prevent phishing
www.cheaperincoins.com/daemon
www.cheaperwithcoins.com/daemon
www.cheaperincoins.net/daemon

i have more....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: