Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:17:21 PM

By the way CoinHunter, I0coin was recently revived with a 90 second block rate.  You'd better switch to 30 second blocks before it eats your lunch.

The mere fact you think lower = better with no end shows your ignorance.

BTW the 90 second block thing was a troll done by artforz to guarantee more blocks on his FPGA miners. By copying SolidCoin and just changing that  he has now ensured i0coin won't go beyond a pump-n-dump. But you probably knew that already with your big brain there... Smiley

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

By the way CoinHunter, I0coin was recently revived with a 90 second block rate.  You'd better switch to 30 second blocks before it eats your lunch.

BTW the 90 second block thing was a troll done by artforz to guarantee more blocks on his FPGA miners. By copying SolidCoin and just changing that  he has now ensured i0coin won't go beyond a pump-n-dump. But you probably knew that already with your big brain there... Smiley

I'm going to watch i0coin very closely, so I can MAXIMIZE PROFIT from the 3 i0coins I have.  Grin
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:26:11 PM

Ya don't sweat it Coinhunter, a great many people like what you are doing and support you 100% ... if this were all hype you wouldn't have groups like Ruxum and several honest merchant class organizations jump on board the system so quick so there is nothing you need to prove outside of these facts.  Case in point, Ruxum passed over the I*Coin systems and as far as I can tell have no current intent to pick either of them up.  Namecoin while there was good intent is in a bit of a pickle, that we should see soon that Solidcoin has solved with the algorithm to ramp down difficulty.

Yes thanks for your support , and the many others who also support the project. Smiley

I know many are afraid to show it on the forum here because they don't like the "heat" but on IRC, pms, emails and my talks with businesses there is a lot of support there. I'm used to dealing with heat, with running software businesses it's common dealing with a few customers that take things a bit seriously sometimes. Smiley

I understand when money is involved people are more likely to get defensive and start doing weird things also, but nevertheless, you can't stop progress, and it's not like these people don't have the option to protect their investments. Whether that's into SC or a fiat currency, the option is there for them.

Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:27:54 PM

Hey, I'm just taking your arguments to their logical conclusions.  "Users want fast confirmations", and I0coin has the fastest confirmations, so that means I0coin is the best network.  Soon everyone will join it.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:39:45 PM

Hey, I'm just taking your arguments to their logical conclusions.  "Users want fast confirmations", and I0coin has the fastest confirmations, so that means I0coin is the best network.  Soon everyone will join it.

I think you have a higher post count in this thread than me. Thanks for your SolidCoin support. Smiley

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:46:47 PM

It seems somebody doesn't understand irony over here

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Chris Acheson

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:56:20 PM

I think you have a higher post count in this thread than me. Thanks for your SolidCoin support. Smiley

Really?  Better check your math.  You've been in damage-control mode since I started posting here, and you can't seem to resist replying to nearly every one of my posts.  Makes sense though.  Your claims about SolidCoin don't stand up to scrutiny, so you have to put a lot of effort into spin-doctoring in order to reassure your suckers investors.

Remind me again, how many people own solidcoins?
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:59:37 PM

There are 701 users on the bitparking exchange with a balance of solidcoins greater than zero. It doesn't give an indication of actual users since they'll be people who don't use the exchange, and people who have withdrawn their solidcoins so the exchange doesn't hold it, but it may help gauge the size.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 02:08:43 PM

Hmm thats a lot.

I think in 2-3 months it will be much more, solidcoin will never die.

Many collectors will keep coins for months.
Chris Acheson

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:11:52 PM

There are 701 users on the bitparking exchange with a balance of solidcoins greater than zero. It doesn't give an indication of actual users since they'll be people who don't use the exchange, and people who have withdrawn their solidcoins so the exchange doesn't hold it, but it may help gauge the size.

Falls a bit short of CoinHunter's claim that "10,000 people own solidcoins".  I'd really like to know how he extrapolated the other 9,299, but he seems reluctant to say.
digger

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 02:22:27 PM

support solidcoin!

doge pool: http://dog.ltcoin.net ,yac pool: http://yac.ltcoin.net ,bbq pool: http://bbq.ltcoin.net ,Litecoin pool, http://ltcoin.net dig feathercoin , http://fc.ltcoin.net bitbar pool: http://btb.ltcoin.net wdc pool: http://wdc.ltcoin.net
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:28:27 PM

Falls a bit short of CoinHunter's claim that "10,000 people own solidcoins".  I'd really like to know how he extrapolated the other 9,299, but he seems reluctant to say.
Easy
1 block every 3 minutes instead of every 10 minutes -> you can multiply by 10/3 -> 2300 users
Five reasons to own solidcoins -> 11500 users

QED

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sharky112065

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:28:53 PM

Falls a bit short of CoinHunter's claim that "10,000 people own solidcoins".  I'd really like to know how he extrapolated the other 9,299, but he seems reluctant to say.

This guy sure knows how to beat a dead horse.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:40:28 PM

You would think a guy trying to solicit business would be more professional.
Chris Acheson

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:58:07 PM

Easy
1 block every 3 minutes instead of every 10 minutes -> you can multiply by 10/3 -> 2300 users

QED

2300... 23... 2+3=5...
FIVE reasons to own solidcoins...
S O L I D <-- FIVE letters...

O_O

SolidCoin is a Discordian plot, isn't it?  We've all been taken in by operation mindfuck.

I'm sorry, I guess I missed the part where he actually answered the damn question.  Are you really not at all concerned about the fact that the guy is lying through his teeth in his promotional materials?
Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:13:30 PM

I see a single developer who has done more to improve on his blockchain in the last month than the entire core dev team has done on bitcoin in 6 months
Stopped reading
You sure haven't lurked enough in the dev forum Roll Eyes

Sorry, I meant to say that he has done more useful changes, or did Bitcoin get wallet encryption when I wasn't looking? Work on that has been going for how many months now? At least as far back as March, if I recall reading those threads correctly.

Also, the retargeting algo is a good idea. One of the easiest and (relatively) cheapest attacks on bitcoin would be to quietly buy a *lot* of coins over time and then sell them all, dropping the price to $1 or $2 and then holding it there for a month. A lot of miners would be forced to stop since many require fiat each month to pay their electric bills. Even losing 50% of the network hashrate would be devastating to bitcoin.

And dev forums? B-O-RING! Who has time to read about all that coding crap? Just looking at the titles gives most people a headache Tongue

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:22:39 PM

I see a single developer who has done more to improve on his blockchain in the last month than the entire core dev team has done on bitcoin in 6 months
Stopped reading

Sorry, I meant to say that he has done more useful changes, or did Bitcoin get wallet encryption when I wasn't looking? Work on that has been going for how many months now? At least as far back as March, if I recall reading those threads correctly.

Also, the retargeting algo is a good idea. One of the easiest and (relatively) cheapest attacks on bitcoin would be to quietly buy a *lot* of coins over time and then sell them all, dropping the price to $1 or $2 and then holding it there for a month. A lot of miners would be forced to stop since many require fiat each month to pay their electric bills. Even losing 50% of the network hashrate would be devastating to bitcoin.

And dev forums? B-O-RING! Who has time to read about all that coding crap? Just looking at the titles gives most people a headache Tongue
Encryption? Yes Bitcoin has it for months, but you know, that's a feature that is in alpha stage, ie not fully tested, ie we can't fully rely on it. And this is the same you find in your beloved solidcoin
Retargeting algo idea? Already in i0coin, days before solidcoin was announced

sharky112065

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:24:44 PM

Easy

QED

2300... 23... 2+3=5...
FIVE reasons to own solidcoins...
S O L I D <-- FIVE letters...

O_O

SolidCoin is a Discordian plot, isn't it?  We've all been taken in by operation mindfuck.

I'm sorry, I guess I missed the part where he actually answered the damn question.  Are you really not at all concerned about the fact that the guy is lying through his teeth in his promotional materials?

Not really concerned at all. He has shown active development. He has his own domain with a nice looking and thought out web page. He is active on this forum and on the Solidcoin forum. He is active on IRC freenode #solidcoin. He is actively promoting goods and services and doing everything he can to promote Solidcoin so that it succeeds.  From talking to him on IRC and watching him for a few days, he does not appear to be doing this to scam people or get rich quick. He has even put up some of his own money.

He never stated he wrote a completely new Crypto currency. He stated he has seen via experience doing business with Bitcoin that it has shortcomings and that he wanted to come out with a possible (note possible) replacement that would benefit us all in the long run.

If it succeeds then fine, if it does not then fine. It will either sink or swim and time is the only variable now that will bring one of those scenarios to fruition.

What have you done lately other than try to pick what he is trying to accomplish apart at every chance you get?

Maybe he has not gotten every little thing correct in his exuberance while trying to promote Solidcoin. I don't really care. I have been watching what he has said here  and on IRC for days now and I believe he is trying to do the right thing.

He has also said there are more changes he wants to, and will be making to Solidcoin. You constantly harping at him here only takes his time away from the project. I believe that is what you want anyway though, as you want this crypto currency fork to fail so you can protect your invenstment in Bitcoin.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:29:41 PM

I believe that is what you want anyway though, as you want this crypto currency fork to fail so you can protect your invenstment in Bitcoin.
Oh, and you don't want to protect your invenstment in solidcoin?

sharky112065

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:36:42 PM

Stopped reading

Encryption? Yes Bitcoin has it for months, but you know, that's a feature that is in alpha stage, ie not fully tested, ie we can't fully rely on it. And this is the same you find in your beloved solidcoin
Retargeting algo idea? Already in i0coin, days before solidcoin was announced

You mean the horribly broken i0coin that most pool operators will not even touch anymore? I would like to see some proof of what you are saying about the re-targeting algo idea already being in i0coin days before Solidcoin was announced.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: