Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin?  (Read 1876 times)
cryptojacklife (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:02:57 AM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?
Hairpin

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:28:01 AM

It's normal to feel some sort of attachment to your investments. Its yours, so what you do with it is up to you.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

What is your purpose to buy bitcoin ?, do not you need money at all. If you do not want to sell your bitcoin, try to use the bitcoin for transaction purposes such as purchasing goods and so on, because it can increase the price of bitcoin.
cutikanzilong

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:37:48 AM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

in the world of cryptocurrency trade especially bitcoin will indeed cause emotional feelings. Because dipikiran we between selling or holding it thing that depends on the lust on ourselves. You are a great person who can muffle this emotional dam and trade
Crypto Jaga

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:46:54 AM

I dont own much as I entered so late (by your entry point), so if someone has entered that early as you, they can have the staying power as the current price is at least 10-30x from the entry point, but if someone bought like me around the last bull run, sometimes it is too hard, but I guess if someone really believes bitcoin is going to be the digital gold one day when blockchain applications is what internet applications today, then those who are holding now would be so happy !
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:02:27 AM

To me in business is not bound to emotionally. Only the right look at the price? Sell or not to sell? If selling words or holes? There is a need for investment in bitcoin.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:29:54 AM

Not really, i am not that emotionally attached to my bitcoins. Maybe because I really needed those.. Lol..

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
hongtham

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:48:51 AM

Being an investor should not hurt affection.
We invest BTC mainly make profit, what is good for the investment you do it yourself

GOLD Stablecoin https://gold.storage/
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3840

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:54:17 AM

I've always been quite emotional of letting go of my bitcoin when doing trading, but I just always tell myself that being attached to certain coins or tokens is very bad in a trading and investing perspective. With that said, when trying to sell I definitely don't sell everything. I always want to see at least a small amount on my wallet. lol

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:23:30 AM

I think this is totally emotional movement. I believe people have some emotional attachment with every first thing. And you are doing so. But I think you should come out from their. Because when it will be urgent for you to sell, it would be late and more emotional
mustamin88

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:27:35 AM

if I'm new to a beginner, so never sell bitcoin.
but if I get bitcoin later, I will sell it. and I will not be emotional to face crypto market that the end of this price is unstable.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:33:25 AM

Wow! That is so great of you. If you are still holding on to your Bitcoin until now, then your value has already multiplied so many times. You must have successfully made yourself a lot richer than when you first bought your Bitcoin. I am also holding on to my little amount of Bitcoin. But I cannot avoid withdrawing once in a while. I have some needs so I need to have some resources also, although I also refill it whenever I have the extra money.   
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:40:15 AM

Don't fall yourself in too much emotional attached with bitcoin. Maybe one of these days you will found out yourself worthless. I mean too much emotion is not good to handle well the business. There will be a time that you will base the situation base on your emotion and that's not good, really not good. Much better to make it light in order tyo balance everything for you.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:45:58 AM

In investment/trading being emotionally attached to your coin is always bad. Although you have bought your Bitcoin cheap I hope you have set a target sell Price because if you have not then there is no use on investing in Bitcoin/stocks. There is a reason you invest  and that reason is to make money. If you do not sell it until you die then it is just a wasted investment. You need to enjoy what you have made.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:46:48 AM

Good for you if you didn't sell your first Bitcoin or haven't sold any Bitcoin that you get from the day that you started with Cryptos. That takes a lot of discipline. In my case, the Bitcoin that I hold is stored in a wallet and the password is known by my wife and the wallet id is kept by me. That way it takes two of us to decide if we are going to sell or not yet. So far we sell only when there's an emergency and there's no other option but to sell a portion of it.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:52:44 AM

I am pretty sure I dont even remember when does I had full bitcoin in the first place. Whenever I got my bitcoin initially (satoshi perhaps) then I sold it immediately out of the curiosity on how it works from the crypto to cash! I got happy when I was able to withdraw the bitcoin into real cash and thus it made me go excited about it whenever I earned a bitcoin. I never as such held my coins initially until I saw the importance for holding the same. So no I dont think was emotionally bound to bitcoin at first and now also I am not emotionally attached but its just that I want to gain more profits, so its my job.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:53:09 AM

You are one of the luckiest person who bought bitcoin during that time and I think you made a good decision holding on it. I personally sold my first bitcoin coming from a signature campaign, simply because I need money that time. If you are planning to hold for more years with bitcoin do it, because your profit will be higher for sure but I better sold some of my holdings so I can secure some profit that can be backed up my capital when something happen. It's not bad to be emotionally attached with bitcoin, but you need to know when to exit the market.
soraxas01

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:55:31 AM

Bitcoin is currency i dont usually get bound by money because yu sre going to spend them but being bound by what you invested such as businesses is wuite understandable.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:00:56 AM

That is where everything gets out of hand: mixing emotions with money. I've been there, though tbh it didn't do me any good. Mixing emotions with your money/investments often lead to your judgment being clouded by thoughts which shouldn't exist in the first place. It's like you're making money your love affair when in reality it shouldn't and it's dumb. Learn to part with  any kind of irrational thinking about your investment and be cold-hearted, eventually you will find success in your endeavors in trading.

taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:23:03 AM

Depending on your intentions, you buy bitcoin for investment or just to have it.
But I think it would be better if you sell it at the right time, waiting for a soaring bitcoin price may take a long time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: