Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:21:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 456176 times)
srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:53:24 PM

I've been in contact with some guy from cryptonerd, he'd like to write an article about Tips, but he's got some questions:

I'll lay them out here, so that people with more knowledge than me can answer them Smiley

He asked:

1 - Regarding Fedoracoin old project, was is discontinued? Do you have some links where I can learn more about old Fedoracoin? Or TIPS IS Fedoracoin?
2 - How come the revamping and new branding? What is TIPS mission?
3 - Does it have PoS?
4 - If TIPS is intended to be used worldwide, what are the steps the Fedoracoin team is taking to affect not only internet operations but real-life ones as well?
5 - Do you have images to send?
6 - What will be the next developments? Are there other services coming? If so, when?

Could someone from the devs answer these questions? Ok, some are obvious, but I don't want to reply some untrue stuff.
Thanks!

1 - Regarding Fedoracoin old project, was is discontinued? Do you have some links where I can learn more about old Fedoracoin? Or TIPS IS Fedoracoin?
    The Fedoracoin project is still very much alive and was never discontinued.
    TIPS has always been the ticker symbol of Fedoracoin.

There is no revamping or rebranding currently happening.
    We have, however, been putting a little more focus on our ticker symbol since tipping has always been a core part of Fedoracoin.

3 - Does it have PoS?
    No

4 - If TIPS is intended to be used worldwide, what are the steps the Fedoracoin team is taking to affect not only internet operations but real-life ones as well?
    Fedoracoin works well within internet communities because it was born there.
    We believe it should also translate to real-world communities, but we're focusing on the internet for now.

We have some teasers for the new website/logo.
    Those might be interesting.

6 - What will be the next developments? Are there other services coming? If so, when?
    You should definitely check out w/ Fedoracoin (https://pay.withfedoraco.in), a payment processing platform dedicated to Fedoracoin.
    They've supported the coin from very early on and they already have more than 100 developers signed up.

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

this url works for the article.. closest thing to constancy http://www.tipscoin.com

Look guys.  We made the compromise.  This is the name:

TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin)

There's no more debates.

The main site is fedoraco.in, not tipscoin.com.  I like the site as a catch-all, but it has to be kept in safe-hands... as malware can be added to it.

Fedoraco.in is emblazoned on the coin because of this compromise.  We will market the coin as TiPS, BUT FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES (AND BECAUSE THE DEVS WANT THIS) WE WILL LEAVE ALL ORIGINAL NAMING / LINKS / AND REFERENCES.

If you guys want to debate with the devs (like I and a few others have) then feel free to get on IRC:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips#

But you cannot take over the coin unless you have the support of everyone.

Again.

The coin is:

TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin)

No more debate? lol  care to make a bet on that, in FTC? haha, I just hope we find something that works... without aka in it...

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:54:57 PM

Also I conducted a small experiment.

I have asked 300 people hat they think of when you say fedora, or fedoracoin.

The answer shockingly was "I think of the hat"

I can honestly say only 6 out of 300 people even mentioned the neckbeard nonsense.

So just so everyone knows, the big marketing choice to change it to TIP's clearly had no real world research to it. You guys are just taking the coin and going in the direction YOU all feel is right. I started on this thread with constructive critisism but it was left unheard. Keep up the shit work. I hope when invisibel gets back he demolishes these nonsense plans leading to nowhere for days on end.

Normal people, I can believe this.

Unfortunately, the crypto-currency community is full of 4chan users, 9gag users, and people like that. They only understand the meme.

TIPS works.

And this is where the problem is. If we want TIPS to be widespread then we have to think about the normal people. Cryptocurrencies have been around now with Bitcoin for a few years, it was only when the mainstream started to hear about it that we started seeing payment platforms, many exchanges, stores and services accepting crypto, the works.

Also,

You can believe me or not to the person who stated where is the proof. There is no way I could legit prove it anyways to someone who does not want to believe, so no point.

But I will say also, that I spread TIPS to every person I can convince to download the wallet. Would be easier with an android wallet but shit happens. The point is the 4chan and 9gags and those people have already had their chance to see Fedoracoin. If they believe they believe, and if not then they do not. The way to convince them is not to change the name and everything about the coin, but to show them that everyone else is interested. True success for a coin cannot be determined by the people on the internet. It will be determined by the people that try to stay away from the internet. Swaying them should be our focus.

We can do that by standing behind the coin and the development team. As I stated before, criticism does help but going ahead with completely changing a coin because it has had a bad few weeks is crazy. If that made sense almost every single coin out there should be changing there name because 99% of them are following that downhill tend. I have said before though, TIPs has the functionality and features to back itself up, and in the end that will be what prevails.

I agree with you, we can't just change things on a whim its all about the dev team... and I agree with the person who said the mixer isn't everything, however for now its our only distinguishing factor from clones... Doge won the meme war, is this coin really going to try to fight the doge meme... ?

now its time for us to win the mixer war. If you rename the coin to tips.... what can I say I thought that was best before I thought about it further.... FTcoin would be so much better... Fedora Tips coin rebranded as the future of altcoins. Abbreviate it FTC  for the denominator, damn it seems obvious to mee!!! Like BTC for bitcoin...

I know you guys put some work into this magician hats design with the coin and I think thats great, definitely great initiative... but keep other options in mind please or at least consider them, don't get emotionally attached to your logo ideas because you put in some work on them.

FT coin sounds so clean for those that want to keep the tipping element and see it as important for marketing (what marketing lol see how hard it is to sell the idea just to us and we are already invested...imo but could def be wrong) and we lose the terrible tips abbreviation. We might want Tips as the name, but we def dont want that as the abbreviation imo, it doesn't look like a unit of value (its not, tipping is an action that you can perform with a unit of value) I would rather ask people to invest with me in FTC than in Fedoracoins or Tips

FTC is FeatherCoin

WE're swimming in a sea of coins.

TiPS differentiates us pretty well I think.  TiPS is synonymous with money.  It's the name of a champion coin... a coin that will beat out the clones.

That being said, we are still a community and we ahve to come together.  Some people are adamant about not letting go of FedoraCoin.  In time, maybe they will, maybe not... but we have to come together.  Starting out with TiPS (as the main name... with an indirect reference to FedoraCoin) perfectly done by Fayens' coin logo, btw.... I think is an excellent way to move forward.  It gives our side the leverage to eventually get rid of the name.... if the devs decide to do so...  and the devs are happy knowing that the name is still there on our marketing.

it's a COMPROMISE guys!  let's stop fighting, and let's get out there!  We're almost to a 1000 members... let's keep going.
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:57:33 PM

I don't understand, where is the problem.

We have a new super stylish logo! We are a pretty great community, we wanna go back upwards! We are TiPS!

Stop these complete new ideas!

cryt3k

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

is anyone having problems with multipool.us? I've started a withdrawal over 6 hours ago and it seems to be stuck?
mardaed

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:58:02 PM

I've been in contact with some guy from cryptonerd, he'd like to write an article about Tips, but he's got some questions:

I'll lay them out here, so that people with more knowledge than me can answer them Smiley

He asked:

3 - Does it have PoS?

Could someone from the devs answer these questions? Ok, some are obvious, but I don't want to reply some untrue stuff.
Thanks!

Todorius, some of these answers might be conflicting.  Can you post any previous material that you have provided him?

We have, however, been putting a little more focus on our ticker symbol since tipping has always been a core part of Fedoracoin.

3 - Does it have PoS?
    No

We believe it should also translate to real-world communities, but we're focusing on the internet for now.

You should definitely check out w/ Fedoracoin (https://pay.withfedoraco.in), a payment processing platform dedicated to Fedoracoin.
    They've supported the coin from very early on and they already have more than 100 developers signed up.

Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

I don't understand, where is the problem.

We have a new super stylish logo! We are a pretty great community, we wanna go back upwards! We are TiPS!

Stop these complete new ideas!

Agreed, new ideas just hinder us.
It's like starting a business, writing a good businessplan, and then revamping the business model every 2 days with something completely
new. That way, your company will never get started. Same here. Fayens did some really outstanding logos. Most of the people here think we
don't need something new, the community has decided already I daresay.
Todorius

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

He asked:

3 - Does it have PoS?

Thanks!

Todorius, some of these answers might be conflicting.  Can you post any previous material that you have provided him?

3 - Does it have PoS?
    No

Thanks for the fast reply mardaed.
Actually I didn't provide him with anything yet, just asked politely if cryptonerd would be willing to write an article about us.
That's the reply that came back, the questions he asked.
Ah yes, and should we send the new logo from Fayens? Or which one? Or none at all?
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:26:46 AM

Stop putting the main focus on the coin mixer. Its easily duplicable and not a selling part.

Cryptocurrencies arent all that useful.... the strongest real use for a cryptocurrency i can possibly think of  is tipping content producers on the internet with tips like a youtube video. instead of "tweet this" its "tip this" at the bottom of the page.

The way content producers make money right now is through ads. This isnt very practical at all. Very few people are able to do it because you need tens of thousands of views to make anything remotely. Also adblock is becoming the norm. It will be impossible to make money from it soon. But with tipping you could have like 30 guys that come to your blog/youtube/tumblr but you provide them a serious stream of content that benefit them in some way. Like exercise techniques for example. So you have these 30 guys coming to your page but you are making a living off it simply cuz theyre rich tip holders who have an easy way to spend money on what they truly value

Theres no easy way to donate to people via paypal... you have to have a working paypal setup a lot of people dont... people from different countries have different currencies its not viable to tip them to an american... kids can now tip people wheras paypal requires you to be 18. You dont need a bank account or credit card. Theres a lot of different problems with donating with paypal. Not to mention there are chargebacks and fees and its just not as easy as just clicking 1 tip button. You  cant send somebody 1/8th of a penny in paypal either.

Thats the only selling point a cryptocurrency could ever have. So to say that you shouldnt focus your marketing on exclusively tipping is nonsense. I think anything that detracts from tipping is damaging...like to say THE FULLY ANONYMOUS COIN and supposedly this is where the market comes from.

Or the acronym "Total Internet Private Security" WAY TO THROW OUT EVERYTHING AND FOCUS ON ONE GIMMICK

I can see it now

actually not a bad ad idea aimed at investors.

This is a good idea, also what icanprogram suggested on reddit: https://www.gittip.com/ something like that website. I also suggest we make it so people can tip Twitch.tv and Justin.tv streamers as well.
(Reddit Thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1ynfkb/you_should_read_this_an_interesting_take_on_the/)

Maybe the people who sign up on the site can donate Currencies via the page and they just redeem them via the page: the bloggers, streamers, etc would be able to interact with this interface.
mardaed

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:04:55 AM

Here are some responses for review.... they're based on icanprogram's (main dev) answers, but I went into more detail.

The Fedoracoin project is still very much alive and was never discontinued.  The original coin name is FedoraCoin, but the ticker symbol is TIPS.  Because we find TiPS to be more universally recognized,
    we will be advertising with more emphasis on TiPS.  At it's core, the coin is still FedoraCoin.

The TiPS mission is to be THE Internet Payment System...  a tipping currency that can be used for online articles and services.  Eventually we want to achieve real-world tipping such as one click tips to waiters and waitresses.  We are revamping with a new marketing campaign because we are now ready for expansion.  We have a solid proven community.  

This coin has been through a lot.... A LOT!... and we would just like a fresh start.
    The coin was first released after Dogecoin in reference to the Fedora Meme:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tips-fedora

Upon launch, the creator of the coin, invisibel was threatened by hackers to stop working on the coin.  They emailed him all of his personal information, and threatened to go public if he did not stop developing.  Invisibel.. coincidentally like his namesake, disappeared at that point, and went on hiatus.  The community took over.  After a few weeks Invisibel was surprised to see the community still flourishing and was inspired.  He decided to come back and develop for the coin.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1w677v/sync_issues_extreme_growth_loss_of_anonymity_and/

In the month's time that he's been back, his team has implemented the Kimoto Gravity Well difficulty-adjustment algorithm.  This was done to combat the massive sell-offs from multi-coin miners, and to stablize the difficulty.  The miners would bring in their massive hashing power, mine the coin in 7 seconds, and then leave just before the readjustment period leaving extremely high difficulties for the community miners.  

More importantly Invisibel's team has also implemented the world's first built-in tumbler.  With a simple click of a button, the transactions from your wallets can be made untraceable.

3 - Does it have PoS?
    No

TiPS works well within internet communities because it was born there.
    We believe it should also translate to real-world communities, but we're focusing on the internet for now.  We have two development teams, one for currency features (diff algo, wallet tumbler) and another web-service oriented team.  They have just released "w/ Fedoracoin" (https://pay.withfedoraco.in), a payment processing platform dedicated to TiPS.  It's an API that websites can plug into for quick transaction verification.... all done automatically.  Webmasters don't have to worry about creating wallets, processing the payment, etc.  It's a simple point and click feature.

< Please include fayens' logo>

Our service-based team is currently restructuring our TiPS Foundation to be more in line with Kickstarter http://imgur.com/a/xs4jh.  This will allow our community to have more input on where to allocate our resources.  Our core development team is currently hush-hush, as we don't want to "TiP" off our competition.

aqxy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:10:34 AM

I think our biggest enemy from vampire pool, the difficulty can be adjusted quickly?
mardaed

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:11:26 AM

I think our biggest enemy from vampire pool, the difficulty can be adjusted quickly?

KGW was implemented for the jumping in and out, but the devs are very aware of the vampire pools.
profall

Activity: 298

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:40:53 AM

Let's go, we already passed the moon!

srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:47:26 AM

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:47:42 AM

does anyone see tips going anywhere? I will trade 2 million tips for some DRK

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
profall

Activity: 298

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:48:36 AM

Yes, it's going somewhere. Price is jumping up fast.

BitcoinSteve

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:50:19 AM

well I got 3 million, unless it hits a cent I wont see a return..?

Mk2vr6

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:57:35 AM

The only factor on how much you see back, is how much you paid for them!
matsmyth

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:58:19 AM

Thank you all Wink

Here is QR Tips Logo!

QR Code Generator

Sent you a TIP earlier. Thanks for all your hard work. These are seriously badass
BitcoinSteve

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:59:16 AM

The only factor on how much you see back, is how much you paid for them!

bout $10 a mill

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: