Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-trader.biz  (Read 203880 times)
sunny1

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:25:57 AM

Lock-up periods are common: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lockup-period.asp

Usually investments in a fund structure are subject to a lock-up period.
Killerloop

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:02:14 PM

Lock-up periods are common: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lockup-period.asp

Of course they are. Expecially in arbitrage "setting up" requires big money which people can't just withdraw at leisure. It cannot be sustained.

He is just a shill for btc-arbs or a very weird trader which doesn't know the difference between primary and secondary bond market. YET he managed to raise money for his kids trading options for years, which is downright gambling.

Suuuure... Wink
Just look at his post history. Stalwart BTC-Arbs defender.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
sunny1

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:50:43 PM

Of course they are. Expecially in arbitrage "setting up" requires big money which people can't just withdraw at leisure. It cannot be sustained.

He is just a shill for btc-arbs or a very weird trader which doesn't know the difference between primary and secondary bond market. YET he managed to raise money for his kids trading options for years, which is downright gambling.

Suuuure... Wink

Of course he is, it's so obvious.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:58:37 AM

Suuuure... Wink

Of course he is, it's so obvious.

You guys are so full of nonsense.   You aren't trading something that requires a lockup period.   Using one is a total ripoff in this case.   To top it off you aren't even getting good returns for the pain being imposed on you.    Bitcoin is liquid 24x7.   
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:22:28 PM

You guys are so full of nonsense.   You aren't trading something that requires a lockup period.   Using one is a total ripoff in this case.   To top it off you aren't even getting good returns for the pain being imposed on you.    Bitcoin is liquid 24x7.  

Shill away plz. These waters aren't for you.

No idea what you are trying to say.   However, I looked a bitcoin-trader.biz some time ago and decided against it.   I didn't post here except one simple question.  It was the bitcoin-trader.biz pumpers romping in on the btc-arbs.com thread that drove to say something.   All those guys pushing bitcoin-trader.biz were also looking for referrals.   Go figure.    Roll Eyes  

Anyway there isn't anything anyone can say that will do anything because once you put your money in you are locked in for 120 days.   So I guess you should enjoy it, what else can you do?  Wink

For the record, I don't trust btc-arbs.com either.  I do have some btc there, but it is the smallest amount I have any bitcoin investment.   If the price of btc was going up instead of down, I probably would have already pulled that small sum and bought more KHS at scrypt.cc with it.   (No referral link from me though, I tried of people asking for referrals.   Come'on get a job an buy your own BTC.)
Killerloop

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

I disagree on btc-arbs being more legit. And i do agree on one point that the mining shares are shady for bitcointrader.biz

Mining shares aren't shady, tt is just a side business to trading. What do you feel shady actually?

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:00:28 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 02:56:02 AM by vipgelsi

I disagree on btc-arbs being more legit. And i do agree on one point that the mining shares are shady for bitcointrader.biz

Mining shares aren't shady, tt is just a side business to trading. What do you feel shady actually?

At least show an order form Of equipment. or even empty boxes from knc with there logo on it with a sharpie
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:25:38 AM

At least show an order form Of equipment. or even empty boxes from knc with there logo on it with a sharpie

That has been asked before, and answer was "for certain reasons we will not post pics of equipment. Reasons can be found at bitcointalk.org"
Order form of equipment and pics can be falsified in minutes.

I agree with you that is not a nice answer but it isn't shady.

If we really want to remove all our doubts we have to find a trusted London user willing to take a bus, go to their office and ring the bell.

icecreamgenius

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:48:08 AM

doubt that no one has actually has met these in real life those guys who runs the trader
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:08:10 AM

doubt that no one has actually has met these in real life those guys who runs the trader

If you are from London you can visit them. It is quite a ride from where I live or I would do that myself.

icecreamgenius

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:23:32 PM

are from sweden  Grin   it´s a longer trip for me
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:38:58 PM

are from sweden  Grin   it´s a longer trip for me

If you are from sweden you should meet those guys

icecreamgenius

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

it tried to book a meeting but Brandenburg  said that Johan was in Asia and did´t come back until end of May
another excuse  in my opinion
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:51:56 PM

it tried to book a meeting but Brandenburg  said that Johan was in Asia and did´t come back until end of May
another excuse  in my opinion

Ahem... you just said that you are from Sweden. Yet you try to book a meeting with UK people?

Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:23:00 PM

John is in Asia (Malaysia? Phillipines?) training staff to open an Asian-centric branch of the operation.  There was a newsletter/release that somebody pasted into this thread a page or two ago, I think, that mentioned it.

Basically, they don't trade 24/7, because I guess the costs of hiring staff to maintain a 24/7 operation outweighed the earnings benefits...they could do it, but daily earnings would probably take a hit because of it.    I'm not an accountant/day trader/financier, but I have been involved with a few non-Bitcoin startups over the years, and have participated in cost-analysis for going 24/7 vs more 'standard' business hours.  In most cases, the extra operating costs of staffing for 24/7 negated any extra profit from doing so.

I was supposed to attend the Bitcoin Expo in Toronto on Saturday, but wedding-related stuff put the kaibosh on that, and then wedding-related stuff was in turn derailed by my future mother-in-law being rushed to hospital saturday morning.  I was really looking forward to meeting up with Andrea C and her partner-in-fleece. :-(

sunny1

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:25:24 PM

They posted somewhere that John met some people in Amsterdam during the Bitcoinference in March and that further meetings are held in Vienna at the end of May. Unfortunately only for VIP clients, what I understand. If they meet with any $20 investor they wouldn't have time to take care of their business.
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:41:55 PM

Basically, they don't trade 24/7, because I guess the costs of hiring staff to maintain a 24/7 operation outweighed the earnings benefits...they could do it, but daily earnings would probably take a hit because of it.    I'm not an accountant/day trader/financier, but I have been involved with a few non-Bitcoin startups over the years, and have participated in cost-analysis for going 24/7 vs more 'standard' business hours.  In most cases, the extra operating costs of staffing for 24/7 negated any extra profit from doing so.

Well, big players keep playing the Finance Game (expecially forex) 24/7. Bitcoin is 24/7, not trading on sunday and saturday is a waste. Surely it may be hard to play arbitrage since most banks/services will not move your cash.

Meeting any person claiming to be with Bitcoin Trader will never be assuring as going to their HQ. It could be a fake too but much harder than hire a John Doe, give him a shirt and a bunch of lies to throw around.

icecreamgenius

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

if they had posted some pictures of themself and the office , and not being so secret
more people had invest in their company,

i said I was from sweden .. and would like to come and visit ,, cause i want to invest 60 bitcoins
but I won´t do it until I could comfirm this company is´t a Ponzi
Killerloop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:05:47 PM

i said I was from sweden .. and would like to come and visit ,, cause i want to invest 60 bitcoins

That's a VERY bold claim dude.

Tell you what? Show me proof that you have 60 BTC on hand and I'll book an appointment with Bitcoin Trader staff for like tomorrow, London area.
As a representative I have powers to do that for investors who have a big wallet, are willing to spend and are not timewasters.

icecreamgenius

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:13:34 PM

I wrote this to BT

Hello,

My name is Freddy Billqvist (icecreamgenius), I currently has a 22300 usd investment.
I have read that if you have a 20000usd + investment that you can arrange for a meeting in London.
I would like to discuss the business and possible further investments.

When would this be possible? In April? I am flexible regarding dates.

Best Regards

got this as an answer

-----------------

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #763703 with the following response:

Hello

John is considering meetings  with key clients once or twice a year. Last meeting was held in March in Amsterdam. I am not aware of John's schedule and when he is supposed to held another meeting. However, currently he is in South East Asia and will only be back in Europe at the end of May.

Thanks!

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email.

With best regards,
Michael Brandenburg
Head of Marketing & Business Development
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: