Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:07:17 AM

IMHO, but I don't perceive an "anti-marketing sentiment". More like being conservative right now to stay behind the noise of Mtgox and Auroracoin and whatever new IPO coin of the week. Once the new website design goes up, a broader community is formed, the web wallet goes up, we get the security review done, and the GUI is improved, then absolutely go all out.

+1, valid point, good to match the PR with progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:10:24 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum thread. I have read an hour now, but not being  atechnical guy, it's all pretty difficult for me to understand.
Let me ask just one simple question; when I buy some XCP at poloniex, can I send them to my windows-wallet and where can I download a windows wallet?
bookbuster

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:14:11 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum thread. I have read an hour now, but not being  atechnical guy, it's all pretty difficult for me to understand.
Let me ask just one simple question; when I buy some XCP at poloniex, can I send them to my windows-wallet and where can I download a windows wallet?

OK me too, exact same question
appanmai

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:17:55 AM

to the bitcoin wallet
ripplebtc

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:23:44 AM

You can send XCP from poloniex to your bitcoin address which you can control the private key. But if you want to send XCP, you should install Bitcoin-Qt and Counterparty wallet.
http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
appanmai

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:26:17 AM

You can send XCP from poloniex to your bitcoin address which you can control the private key. But if you want to send XCP, you should install Bitcoin-Qt and Counterparty wallet.

that's counterpartyd not counterparty wallet. Counterwallet is a web wallet for XCP. under development. ETA in 2 weeks
ontopicplease

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

to the bitcoin wallet

Okay thanks, I will try, thanks for the information.
ripplebtc

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:32:26 AM

that's counterpartyd not counterparty wallet. Counterwallet is a web wallet for XCP. under development. ETA in 2 weeks

OK, sorry for my mistake. BoottleXCP, XCP GUI is ready to use.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,74.0.html
ontopicplease

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:17:13 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum thread. I have read an hour now, but not being  atechnical guy, it's all pretty difficult for me to understand.

Thanks for the info. After installing, will I be able to use the same simple bitcoin=wallet, or is it changed in such a way that a noob like me has no idea how it works anymore?
mal_awer

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:24:33 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum thread. I have read an hour now, but not being  atechnical guy, it's all pretty difficult for me to understand.

Thanks for the info. After installing, will I be able to use the same simple bitcoin=wallet, or is it changed in such a way that a noob like me has no idea how it works anymore?

Yes, you can use the bitcoin wallet. Its not changed in anyway. You can use the wallet for both BTC and XCP
ontopicplease

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:29:04 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 09:48:00 AM by ontopicplease

Yes, you can use the bitcoin wallet. Its not changed in anyway. You can use the wallet for both BTC and XCP

thanks,

Sorry to bother again, but  am stuck. fter installing I should do following;

"If you haven’t already, go to the bitcoind download page and grab the installer for Windows. Install it with the default options.

Once installed, type Windows Key-R and enter cmd.exe to open a Windows command prompt. ".

I really have no idea where to type; "Windows Key-R".

Th, for helping
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:34:31 AM

I mostly post new articles etc only to the Marketing thread, but this is quite a big, about all 2.0 cryptos, very deep, much text about Nxt:
http://www.ofnumbers.com/2014/03/04/chapter-3-next-generation-platforms/

crosspost from nxt community. this chapter is by far the best explanation on 2.0 crypto I have read, it almost has scientific quality. The part on counterparty.co is extremely positive.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:52:57 AM

thanks,

"If you haven’t already, go to the bitcoind download page and grab the installer for Windows. Install it with the default options.

Once installed, type Windows Key-R and enter cmd.exe to open a Windows command prompt. ".

Th, for helping
Press windows key, hold, press 'r'

Or you can click start, and enter 'cmd' in the left bottom.
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:59:23 AM

thanks,

Th, for helping
Press windows key, hold, press 'r'

Or you can click start, and enter 'cmd' in the left bottom.

Or try the Konami code, you never know...
led_lcd

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

* Cross post from https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php?topic=160.new#new Global_trade_repo is my user id on the official Counterparty forums *

There were some ideas in the bitcointalk thread on how to reduce friction when trading against BTC on the DEX.

I'm pleased to announce together with maxmint, the option that I am offering is XBTC. In summary maxmint will be the vendor providing this service until the service is fully automated. Details can be found below.

tldr; Buy XBTC and trade on the Counterparty DEX like it's the future! The fee to get XBTC from maxmint is 1%. The fee when the automated service is launched will be 0.1% + TX fee. To obtain 1 XBTC, send maxmint 1.01010101 BTC and he will send back 1 XBTC. To get back 1 BTC send 1.01010101 XBTC and he will send back 1 BTC.

Thank you to: cityglut for the discussions regarding the relevance of this service to the Counterparty ecosystem, mtbitcoin for adding a XBTC/XCP market to www.blockscan.com (check Order Book and change the filter to XBTC/XCP and JahPowerBit who will highlight XBTC to the Counterparty Wallet GUI.

Why XBTC

XBTC's purpose is to maintain parity with BTC and give you a way to trade on the DEX using an asset which is equivalent to BTC.

Once you have obtained XBTC, you can trade on the DEX against any Counterparty native asset without considering:
a) Fees
b) Troll orders
c) The wait for the other side of the trade to btcpay, nor will you need to be standing by to perform a btcpay.

XBTC is a native Counterparty asset and can be held in full escrow by Counterparty.

How Do I Get XBTC
1) Use counterpartyd to send Bitcoins from a single unique address to the service address (see below). *
2) The service will automatically send back XBTC (minus fees) to the address you sent Bitcoins from. If there is more than one unique input address to the transaction, the service will send XBTC to the first input address.

* You MUST use counterpartyd to send BTC unless you have a wallet in which you can control your input address. Use this command:

counterpartyd send --source SOURCEADDRESS --destination DESTINATIONADDRESS --quantity QUANTITY --asset BTC

** If you do not use counterpartyd and the transaction has more than one unique input address, maxmint will use a different way to determine which address to send your XBTC to. maxmint will use the input to the transaction which is the largest. Where this does not result in a unique address, maxint will pick a random input.

How Do I Get Back my BTC
You may decide to leave your assets in the DEX as XBTC. When you feel like it, cash it out to 'real' Bitcoins. To cash out to Bitcoins:
1) Send XBTC to service address (see below).
2) The service will automatically send back BTC (minus fees) to the address you sent XBTC from.

Technical Details
Definition of the XBTC asset
1) Non callable
2) Fixed to 21M units
3) Divisible
4) Locked such that no inflation could occur
5) XBTC price pegged to BTC
6) Fee will be 0.1% + TX fees ***
7) Transparent and auditable
8 ) All BTC will be held in 100% reserve

*** Note that 0.1% is the fee that the automated service will charge. The fee whilst the service is being run manually by maxint will be 1%. Further details below

Explaining each point respectively:
1) Self explanatory
2) Although fixed to 21M units, as the issuer I would artificially restrict supply. The total supply should never exceed actual BTC in circulation but in practice may be much less. eg 10000.
3) Divisible in the same way as BTC
4) Self explanatory
5) The issuer of the asset and operators of the service will 'underwrite' the value of 1 XBTC = 1 BTC. Artificial restrictions would involve:
  a) I would only ever 'send' for free XBTC to an operator of the 'gateway' service.
  b) All operators of the service will agree on a pegged price. The price will be 1 BTC = 1 BTC minus a fee of (0.1% + TX costs) to inventivize the operators of the service to continue running.
6) Note that the TX fees will reduce when OP_RETURN is available
7) All addresses used internally and how they are used by the service will be made public for audit. I would ask members of the community to create a third party application to audit these addresses and alert the community the moment there is a problem.
8 ) All BTC that was ever exchanged for XBTC will be held in reserve.

When operational, the gateway service will initially be run by myself. Should the volumes of XBTC be high enough, I will engage other operators to run the same service to spread the risk across operators.

Status of the Gateway
This service is currently in development and I am hoping for it to be operational in a limited form in approximately 3-4 weeks. I hope this will be around the time that the Counterparty deterministic web wallet will be live on main-net. Security and stability will be of the highest priority. I anticipate that there will be a parallel run period where the service runs but manual payments being performed.

Security will be of the highest priority. I don't believe in security through obscurity and technical details on how the service will be implemented and secured will be published. Note that this service will run completely 'headless'. There will be no user accessible interface to the service except via the blockchain. The attack vectors on this service will be limited to vunerabilities to Counterparty and Bitcoin. In addition, I will be creating multiple 'circuit breakers' to detect unusual activity. I would appreciate feedback from the community regarding ideas for this.

maxmint will be your service
Until the time that the service is fully operational on main-net, I have discussed with and I am pleased to have maxmint to take over the operations of this service. He is a well known and respected name in the Bitcoin community and you can use his service in confidence. He will be performing the same role as the automated service but manually.

I have asked maxint to post a reply to this thread with a signed message indicating he is in control of the below mentioned address.

Send your BTC or XBTC to:

13sGFVPgcrj9mMRokyXztdAJtg6kReofdV

* USE THE COUNTERPARTYD SEND COMMAND AND YOU WILL BE CERTAIN WHICH ADDRESS YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR XBTC/BTC *

* maxmint will run an official installation of Counterparty and always keep it up to date. This will be the point of reference for balances.
* Please allow up to 24 hours of processing time. The processing time will normally be much faster.
* maxmint will not be responsible for any loss of funds arising out of unexpected bugs in the Counterparty protocol.
* There is a minimum amount of 0.1 BTC or 0.1 XBTC to exchange.
* The fee for the service is 1%. Of the 1% fee, 0.1% will be paid to myself and the remaining 0.9% kept by maxmint for his service.
* If you are going to send a large amount of XBTC or BTC or you wish to have your order processed quickly, please contact maxmint prior to making any transfers.

Why should you trust me?
* I'm an investor in Counterparty and believe in the way the project is being run
* I want to bring liquidity and utility to Counterparty which will increase the value of Counterparty
* I have discussed this service with the cityglut and have agreement from the team that this service is useful to the community

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:13:30 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

March 5, 2014: maxmint responding to led_lcd
I confirm that I agreed to provide a vending/exchange service for BTC <> XBTC and that this service address is under my control: 13sGFVPgcrj9mMRokyXztdAJtg6kReofdV

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=oLyi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
ripplebtc

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

Hello, everyone! Vote for XCP
BTC38.COM is about to launch English interface. BTC38.com is one of the best and largest altcoin exchanges in China. It has more than 50K users.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0

Please post this news on official forum, reddit, twitter and facebook Grin
qtgwith

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:34:51 PM

BTC38.COM is about to launch English interface. BTC38.com is one of the best and largest altcoin exchanges in China. It has more than 50K users.

I have voted for XCP.
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

A large platform in china. I have voted for XCP.

Great, another opportunity to have XCP lost in a sea of 432 shitcoins... This is EXACTLY what XCP needs. Who cares about donations for the GUI, webwallet and so on... Crazy.

Disclaimer : I gave 0.3 BTC today to support the ongoing GUI effort. Putting money and time where it makes sense. You want those sweet gains? Do the right thing.
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

* Cross post from https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php?topic=160.new#new Global_trade_repo is my user id on the official Counterparty forums *

There were some ideas in the bitcointalk thread on how to reduce friction when trading against BTC on the DEX.

I'm pleased to announce together with maxmint, the option that I am offering is XBTC. In summary maxmint will be the vendor providing this service until the service is fully automated. Details can be found below.

Excellent news

Hope the community adopts this whole hardheartedly. Any ETA on when the automatic service can start?

This will enable us to buy and sell XCP/BTC on the DEX with escrow services provided by the protocol. I am very optimistic about this. Finally a way for us to not use centralized exchanges. If this works, more alt currency tokens can be added.

Well done to everyone involved.
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: