Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276302 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:09:34 PM

I don't think the fee should be destroyed. It would be a much better idea to pay it to Bitcoin miners or XCP holders. No? Maybe I don't understand it well enough.

But yeah 5 xcp seems a bit much.

Destroying the fee is paying it to XCP holders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:11:03 PM

I don't think the fee should be destroyed. It would be a much better idea to pay it to Bitcoin miners or XCP holders. No? Maybe I don't understand it well enough.

Yes deflation

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:12:32 PM

Quote from: Satoshi Nakamoto - June 21, 2010
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."

PS: I'd say 1 XCP for new assets. I like round & prime numbers. I'm afraid to see a wave a spam issuances like COKE/CRACK/METH/DILDO/FRENCHGIRL coming from the same guy if you lower it too much...
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:13:36 PM

Proposal to temporarily lower hard-coded asset issuance fee to 0.5 XCP: cross-post from Counterparty forums

Do you mean that it will temporarily be lowered to 0.5 XCP and be raised back up, or that it may again be lowered later?

It may be changed again later, and it will be switched to being determined by proof-of-stake voting.

As of 99% of what you do PP, it makes sense.
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:29:59 PM

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."

PS: I'd say 1 XCP for new assets. I like round & prime numbers. I'm afraid to see a wave a spam issuances like COKE/CRACK/METH/DILDO/FRENCHGIRL coming from the same guy if you lower it too much...

FRENCHGIRL ? We have plenty on this thread already, no need to issue more. Or the fee should be 10000 XCP for people with real mental disorder that would really consider it.
dayude

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

destroying the fee is good for XCP holders! totaly agree!
BitcoinTangibleTrust

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:39:52 PM

Proposal to temporarily lower hard-coded asset issuance fee to 0.5 XCP: cross-post from Counterparty forums

The team at BitcoinTangibleTrust would find this immensely of benefit to helping get new customers onto our Digital Gold Coin Offerings powered by XCP!

We have a special promotion for Counterparty members we'd like to launch this week and a 0.5 XCP fee would lower our marketing costs immensely.

Thank you PhantomPhreak and the Counterparty Dev Team!

Digital Tangible
Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto http://www.digitaltangibletrust.com
Bountyful

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:48:53 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 09:04:31 PM by Bountyful

Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins. Charles Stanley

Let's keep it at 0.5 and agree to monitor the risk of SPAM issuances going forward. This platform is iterating quickly. Let's not let our fears hold others back from building and increasing our XCP value. Also, Phantom did say we will have Proof of Stake voting in the near future so I am optimistic SPAM won't stop serious companies from launching successful assets.

Let there be more Bountyful Counterparty Assets!
Bountyful
bitexch

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:54:33 PM

Now you can trade XCP for CNY: https://bter.com/trade/xcp_cny

To the moon! Smiley
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

Approve.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:26:57 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:44:16 PM by kdrop22

Now you can trade XCP for CNY: https://bter.com/trade/xcp_cny

To the moon! Smiley
Can someone explain to me the significance of this.
Can you directly deposit/withdraw CNY into BTER?
Atleast on the english version of the site, this does not appear to be available. So, the user would need to convert back to BTC to withdraw/deposit. Which in turn is the same as a BTC/XCP pair.
Perhaps someone in China can explain this better.
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:31:04 PM

I am of the same view as well. We need to reduce the fees to encourage businesses, however at the same time not lower it too much that there will be spam issuances and asset squatting. Which will stand in the way of legitimate businesses and users.
1 XCP seems about right (Nxt has an issuance fee of 1000 Nxt).
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:51:23 PM

I am of the same view as well. We need to reduce the fees to encourage businesses, however at the same time not lower it too much that there will be spam issuances and asset squatting. Which will stand in the way of legitimate businesses and users.

People go through the day speaking an average of maybe 2000 english words - at 1 XCP per asset it is far too little, even 5 is too little.
It should be the like of 50 or 100 IMO. And the line about being in the way of legitimate businesses is pure bogus - there is no legitimate business that cannot afford 100 xcp.
ginko-B

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:05:29 PM

People go through the day speaking an average of maybe 2000 english words - at 1 XCP per asset it is far too little, even 5 is too little.
It should be the like of 50 or 100 IMO. And the line about being in the way of legitimate businesses is pure bogus - there is no legitimate business that cannot afford 100 xcp.

Bitcoin Tangible Trust, if you want to issue an asset for a fully-redeemable silver coin that costs you, say, $20 to buy and put into custody?  How does a 5 XCP asset issuance fee effect the end price that you need to charge a customer to buy this silver coin?  

EDIT:  OK, I just did the math.  5 XCP = $32 @ 0.01 BTC/XCP and $640 BTC/USD.  So, basically at 5 XCP issuance fee you would need to charge $52 for a silver coin that otherwise could be purchased from a coin dealer for $20.  So, yes, from my basic analysis, this seems like a blockage, at least for BTT's business model anyways.

EDIT: Porqupine, maybe you see / understand something that I am missing?  Can you please elaborate?  Interested to better understand your perspective, as you always have such good postings on this list.

LightedLamp

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

Bitcoin Tangible Trust, if you want to issue an asset for a fully-redeemable silver coin that costs you, say, $20 to buy and put into custody?  How does a 5 XCP asset issuance fee effect the end price that you need to charge a customer to buy this silver coin?  

EDIT:  OK, I just did the math.  5 XCP = $32 @ 0.01 BTC/XCP and $640 BTC/USD.  So, basically at 5 XCP issuance fee you would need to charge $52 for a silver coin that otherwise could be purchased from a coin dealer for $20.  So, yes, from my basic analysis, this seems like a blockage, at least for BTT's business model anyways.

EDIT: Porqupine, maybe you see / understand something that I am missing?  Can you please elaborate?  Interested to better understand your perspective, as you always have such good postings on this list.

The asset issuance fee is a one time fee - you can issue Silvercoin quantity=100 or =1000 or however many you like.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:43:07 PM

Think of asset names like domain names: squatting isn't too big of a deal.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

The asset issuance fee is a one time fee - you can issue Silvercoin quantity=100 or =1000 or however many you like.

Correct. You should definitely not issue a new asset for each silver coin.
BitcoinTangibleTrust

Activity: 111

Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:19:37 PM

Correct. You should definitely not issue a new asset for each silver coin.

Actually Phantom a small correction:

We need full flexibility to issue 1 new Asset name for each Silver/Gold/Whatever physical asset if needs arise from our customers either at issuance or redemption.

At BitcoinTangible Trust, we have absolutely ZERO interest in vanity names as our business model intends to globally scale to millions of coins. If you check our asset listing you can view them here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/ you will notice we have a naming convention that allows us to create catalog-driven names that are unique to our business.  Name squatting is of little worry for us as our namespace is large. However, we are grateful to receive relief from asset issuance costs.

Digital Tangible
Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto http://www.digitaltangibletrust.com
halfcab123

Activity: 224

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

200% markup?  That's going to leave alot of room for competition. . . Gold and silver online sells the physical item for half price in dollars. Do you plan on syncing the fiat equivalent in your bitcoin pricing?  If this has already been answered, I apologize.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:13:44 PM

Actually Phantom a small correction:

We need full flexibility to issue 1 new Asset name for each Silver/Gold/Whatever physical asset if needs arise from our customers either at issuance or redemption.

Of course you'll have the ability to do that. But I think that there will be downsides in usability. (For instance, it will be harder to trade them on the distributed exchange if a price cannot be established. If all of the silver coins are the same, then they should be priced the same.)
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: