Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:34:13 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 09:06:58 PM by flatfly

Can the devs please build 6.3 for windows??!??!

I've installed python and I'm trying to install all the other dependencies but I just get the error "Python 3.3 needs to be installed, not found in registry" or "Python 3.2 needs to be installed, not found in registry".

I installed fucking python 3.2, 3.3, and 3.3.4. None of this helps.

Come the hell on

If that's easier for you, you can also get and run 6.3 for Windows through the latest BoottleXCP build:
 https://github.com/JahPowerBit/BoottleXCP_binaries/releases

This is a GUI client, however, so if you just want to use the included counterpartyd daemon, you can do so by holding down the SHIFT key while launching the application - in much the same way as in my Electrum builds, if you have ever used those... Smiley  This opens up a terminal window from which you can directly issue counterpartyd commands.

Note that the only requirement is the same as for counterpartyd:
  a bitcoind full node (can be on the same or a different machine), running with txindex=1 and server=1

If you find this helpful, please consider supporting the BoottleXCP client:
https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,134.0.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
satty_mutti

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:24:35 PM

Sad to see such a high tech coin fumbling while shitty coins like Auroracoin and mazacoin are skyrocketing
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:58:31 PM

Sad to see such a high tech coin fumbling while shitty coins like Auroracoin and mazacoin are skyrocketing

Its only sad for short term holders. Maybe auroracoin will be big one day. Now though, it looks like it and mazacoin are riding the coattails of
speculation for a new angle on yet another alt coin that does nothing new.

Why oh why in the long term does anybody think just because someone
says this is Iceland's official crypto that Icelanders will follow suit.

I just can't believe people in crypto continue to fall for pump and dumps. When
you look at xcp is there any doubt when it rises to .1 (which is still just the beginning) that it is holding that price on hot air? The high value of xcp
in the future will be something you can bank on and not day trade.
halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:12:11 PM

Its only sad for short term holders. Maybe auroracoin will be big one day. Now though, it looks like it and mazacoin are riding the coattails of

you look at xcp is there any doubt when it rises to .1 (which is still just the beginning) that it is holding that price on hot air? The high value of xcp

Wow, so you guys are thinking 0.1 BTC will be approached eh ? That's insanity.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:42:15 PM

No guarantees in life but considering the ambition of counterparty do you really think the devs did all this for anything less? I mean forget about time

frame if xcp achieves the financial goals of it's role in the "new" financial world then geez louise I expect a market cap in the billions not millions.

xcp = 1 btc at current prices. This is long term growth based on substance not pump and dump speculation. I say long term not because of time but

in terms of when the world accepts this new way of doing business. Long term could be this year? Who knows? Anything is possible.

After all, I am really just a cat typing.

td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:55:18 PM

I know, it's frustrating to watch crap like Dogecoin, Aurora, and Maza zoom into the top 10 when they really offer nothing new, but I'm confident our sector, the next gen coins, will grow a lot in the long run.
halfcab123

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:04:01 AM

Did someone just say XCP = 1 BTC ? I think I just died. LOL.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:13:48 AM

An announcement: I will not be accepting payment for my role at Counterparty. I continue to work full time at the direction of the core development team and will do everything I can to ensure that we succeed.

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:14:18 AM

well xcp offers function despite from send doesn't it? if these functions offer value for the cryptoworld why shouldn't the prices rise? this argument holds true for maybe 4-5 altcoins, xcp is definetely one of them.
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:18:35 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 02:04:26 AM by kdrop22

well xcp offers function despite from send doesn't it? if these functions offer value for the cryptoworld why shouldn't the prices rise? this argument holds true for maybe 4-5 altcoins, xcp is definetely one of them.

Yes, there are only about 4 to 5 second gen coins that bringing some innovation to the table (out of field of 150) and XCP is definitely a strong contender in that space.
halfcab123

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:36:00 AM

Can someone explain what the relevance is of leverage in cryptocurrency in general and in bets in counteparty, and how is a feed tied to the block chain to determine the outcome of a bet ?

satty_mutti

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:49:07 AM

No guarantees in life but considering the ambition of counterparty do you really think the devs did all this for anything less? I mean forget about time

frame if xcp achieves the financial goals of it's role in the "new" financial world then geez louise I expect a market cap in the billions not millions.

xcp = 1 btc at current prices. This is long term growth based on substance not pump and dump speculation. I say long term not because of time but

in terms of when the world accepts this new way of doing business. Long term could be this year? Who knows? Anything is possible.

After all, I am really just a cat typing.

http://http[Suspicious link removed]DzHk1qdl2auo1_500.jpg

Agree with grand daddy seth that market cap should be in billions. we are optimistic. any wrong with that?

But grandy, its behavioural finance. Not all invest/burn to see XCP succeed in a long term. Hell all want to be a millionaire overnight.
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:01:58 AM

Did someone just say XCP = 1 BTC ? I think I just died. LOL.

https://i.imgur.com/nn9pBC6.png
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:04:32 AM

Yes, there are only about 4 to 5 second coins that bringing some innovation to the table (out of field of 150) and XCP is definitely a strong contender in that space.

Its much like what coin markets will later adopt, open source non hype coin what have show strong development potential already in first few month or some of others hype coin what i think have really strong marketing campaigns later Smiley

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
DaFockBro

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:07:01 AM

Yes, there are only about 4 to 5 second coins that bringing some innovation to the table (out of field of 150) and XCP is definitely a strong contender in that space.

Its much like what coin markets will later adopt, open source non hype coin what have show strong development potential already in first few month or some of others hype coin what i think have really strong marketing campaigns later Smiley

I'm not a fan of the anti-marketing sentiment that I've seen in this thread over and over.

Aggressively marketing, pushing for listings on exchanges, reddit campaigns, media involvement will grow the community, increase trading volume, increase XCP price, and attract asset issuers to the platform.

Nobody cares how technically advanced or well developed a crypto is if no one is trading it or using it.
kirivas_s

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:11:43 AM

I'm not a fan of the anti-marketing sentiment that I've seen in this thread over and over.

Aggressively marketing, pushing for listings on exchanges, reddit campaigns, media involvement will grow the community, increase trading volume, increase XCP price, and attract asset issuers to the platform.

Nobody cares how technically advanced or well developed a crypto is if no one is trading it or using it.

+1 DaFockBro. Nobody gives a fock abt techy stuffs. Need more number of people to use it.

DaFockBro, trading volume is not low, its dead.
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

+1 DaFockBro. Nobody gives a fock abt techy stuffs. Need more number of people to use it.

Trading volume is still same/more than mastercoin have, its not important now. There is few potential second generation coin what no have any marketcap yet like ethereum, bitshare, colored and what all there is. Even BTC no have success yet and i dont mean now few computer shop around of world. If real world markets will adopt BTC then coins like XCP get own big markets. This is like i see situation where we are now, maybe i can wrong too..

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
BitzMD

Activity: 421

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

From what I've been reading Poloniex has put a freeze on trading due to  a hack

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:23:15 AM

Trading volume is still same/more than mastercoin have its not important now. Even BTC no have success yet and i dont mean now few computer shop around of world. If real world markets will adopt BTC then coins like XCP get own big markets. This is like i see situation where we are now, maybe i can wrong too..

and trading volume is so low because it is only on poloniex which was closed due to a non-xcp-related hack. i also think that marketing is neccessary, and the developers told that there will be a coordinated marketing once the web-wallet is released - so no need to get nervous, even thought days in crypto feel like months in real business Cheesy
DaFockBro

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

Trading volume is still same/more than mastercoin have its not important now. Even BTC no have success yet and i dont mean now few computer shop around of world. If real world markets will adopt BTC then coins like XCP get own big markets. This is like i see situation where we are now, maybe i can wrong too..

and trading volume is so low because it is only on poloniex which was closed due to a non-xcp-related hack. i also think that marketing is neccessary, and the developers told that there will be a coordinated marketing once the web-wallet is released - so no need to get nervous, even thought days in crypto feel like months in real business Cheesy

The volume on Poloniex was dying even prior to the hack.

I'm looking forward to this coordinated marketing campaign you speak of.  It's important to creatively market Counterparty to attract users and asset issuers.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: