Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:32:08 PM

Is there a thread other than this one where the details of Swarm are being discussed?  (Things like...percentage of newly-issued coins that would ultimately trickle back to SWARMCOIN holders...when we can expect to see an alpha client).  I can't find such a thread.  Their website itself is light on details.  Thanks.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dawie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

BTC for a better world

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

Is there a thread other than this one where the details of Swarm are being discussed?  (Things like...percentage of newly-issued coins that would ultimately trickle back to SWARMCOIN holders...when we can expect to see an alpha client).  I can't find such a thread.  Their website itself is light on details.  Thanks.

I'm trying to navigate the info myself.  Maybe the Couterparty Forum site?:
https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:48:14 PM

Ok, thanks. 

Kind of disappointing that it must be a URL and not live entirely within the XCP protocol.  I understand the need/desire for metadata, but there are some bets that are fairly simple and IMO should be able to fit within the constraints of a simple Text Label and Value pair, given that certain metadata (date/timestamp etc.) is embedded by nature of the protocol anyway.  Also, the need to specify an end date or recurring interval is kind of iffy for Bitcoin Difficulty, since each interval could be anywhere from 10 to 16 days, although generally it has been in the 11-13 day range lately.

All of the information actually relevant to bets and their resolution is entirely in the protocol. All of the promises and predictions stored in the extended asset info JSON are entirely unenforcable and independent of the parsing, so counterpartyd completely ignores the 'text' field, (unless it is equal to 'lock'). You can put anything you want in there.

Thanks for the info.  I look forward to a Counterwallet implementation of betting solely on the value in a feed, with user-defined expirations.

Next Bitcoin difficulty change occurs within the next 2 days, I will update the feed when appropriate, for the sake of formality if nothing else.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:58:31 PM

Ok, thanks. 

Kind of disappointing that it must be a URL and not live entirely within the XCP protocol.  I understand the need/desire for metadata, but there are some bets that are fairly simple and IMO should be able to fit within the constraints of a simple Text Label and Value pair, given that certain metadata (date/timestamp etc.) is embedded by nature of the protocol anyway.  Also, the need to specify an end date or recurring interval is kind of iffy for Bitcoin Difficulty, since each interval could be anywhere from 10 to 16 days, although generally it has been in the 11-13 day range lately.

All of the information actually relevant to bets and their resolution is entirely in the protocol. All of the promises and predictions stored in the extended asset info JSON are entirely unenforcable and independent of the parsing, so counterpartyd completely ignores the 'text' field, (unless it is equal to 'lock'). You can put anything you want in there.

Thanks for the info.  I look forward to a Counterwallet implementation of betting solely on the value in a feed, with user-defined expirations.

This exists already.
baddw

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:25:47 PM

Ok, thanks. 

This exists already.

Then can you tell me how to bet on the broadcasts from 1ADigCqe5tWXBXcM1V82oWaXRNW2wUpXUS ?  Or alternatively, how to properly format the broadcast to enable betting?  When I put that address into the "Make a Bet" input box in Counterwallet, it says "We can't find a feed at this address".

Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:05:59 AM

Ok, thanks. 

This exists already.

Then can you tell me how to bet on the broadcasts from 1ADigCqe5tWXBXcM1V82oWaXRNW2wUpXUS ?  Or alternatively, how to properly format the broadcast to enable betting?  When I put that address into the "Make a Bet" input box in Counterwallet, it says "We can't find a feed at this address".

I'm sorry! You're absolutely correct that Counterwallet doesn't yet support choosing the bet parameters for a bare feed (unless Ouziel is working on something that I don't know about). XCP Feeds, on the other hand, does allow you to do this, and it will return a raw transaction which you can sign and broadcast from within Counterwallet. (Though now I'm seeing that there's a bug in XCP Feeds' interface that's not letting me choose the leverage.)
DistributedBUZZ

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:23:41 AM

I'm trying to navigate the info myself.  Maybe the Couterparty Forum site?:
https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php

Hey check out:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Swarming/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653741.new#new
baddw

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:09:31 AM

I'm sorry! You're absolutely correct that Counterwallet doesn't yet support choosing the bet parameters for a bare feed (unless Ouziel is working on something that I don't know about). XCP Feeds, on the other hand, does allow you to do this, and it will return a raw transaction which you can sign and broadcast from within Counterwallet. (Though now I'm seeing that there's a bug in XCP Feeds' interface that's not letting me choose the leverage.)

Awesome, thanks for the link to XCP Feeds, I will give it a shot.

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:32:51 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 05:47:15 AM by porqupine

Some backwards non-compatible API changes have left the main-site out of date (but the raw transaction maker should still work). The current development version is at test.xcpfeeds.info - everything except for the wallet should be up on livenet in the next couple days (my internet connection atm is not stable enough for ssh). Also you can expect an enhanced CFD feeds interface sometime this week - but the old one should remain accessible for bets with 'non-json-enhanced' descriptions.

edit: Also leverage is only applicable to CFD's and incompatible with target_value bets
baddw

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

Some backwards non-compatible API changes have left the main-site out of date (but the raw transaction maker should still work). The current development version is at test.xcpfeeds.info - everything except for the wallet should be up on livenet in the next couple days (my internet connection atm is not stable enough for ssh). Also you can expect an enhanced CFD feeds interface sometime this week - but the old one should remain accessible for bets with 'non-json-enhanced' descriptions.

edit: Also leverage is only applicable to CFD's and incompatible with target_value bets

Is there any way to have a target_value bet that is not equal or unequal, but greater-than or less-than?  My goal is for somebody to be able to say "I believe that Bitcoin Difficulty will be greater than 18000000000, on or before 21 September 2014 at 12:00:00 UTC".

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:29:21 AM

Is there any way to have a target_value bet that is not equal or unequal, but greater-than or less-than?  My goal is for somebody to be able to say "I believe that Bitcoin Difficulty will be greater than 18000000000, on or before 21 September 2014 at 12:00:00 UTC".

At the moment that can only be done on the feed operator side - i.e. by broadcasting a target_value type feed with Bitcoin Difficulty greater than XXX (target_value: 1, True: Equal, False: Not_Equal)
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:49:31 AM

No counterparty servers are currently available. Please try again later. ERROR: JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error

Code: -32000

ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:15:29 AM

He says he placed two buy orders for two tokens and one of the orders ate his btc

It really sounds like he is trying to scam you. This situation does not seem logical.

Since months I have been buying and following XCP. At the moment my faith in succes is getting lower and lower. Being a technical noob myself, I can only come to the conclusion; XCP is way to technically complicated for the regular human being to become a big succes.

Have you tried Counterwallet? In my opinion it isn't any harder than using a regular Bitcoin wallet whatsoever. Can you please explain what you think is too complicated? What kind of video tutorials would you like to see? I will gladly take the time to explain if need be.

Also, the counterpartyd protocol does not have to be understood by everyone. The point is that it works. More and more higher-level applications and graphical user interfaces will be built, making it super easy for the end user. SWARM will make crowdfunding easier to use, and VENND will make buying tokens as easy as sending BTC to an address.

Instead of concluding something based on no argument provided, it would be beneficial if you pointed out what confuses you, so that we can work on explaining it to the community.

Sorry, I am really bad with computerstuff. Spend a couple of hours on the counterparty wallet etc some months ago, but gave up. I am still holding a decent amount though ( 1600 XCP on poloniex). Thanks for the help your offering, but I don't want to get angry again, I just keep 'm there and wait couple of months.
BankToTheFuture

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

Anybody else getting a server error message when trying to login to counterparty?

Looking forward to getting back up and running.

xbet.io

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:24:57 AM

We have enhanced our user interface.

It is now possible to view all of your betting information, past and future, dirctly from XBet.IO.

Bet safe with BTC - XBet.IO. Be your own bookie!
- You choose your odds - Bets are anonymous - Instant bets - No login
coingifts

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:27:33 AM

same problem.

i can't use counterwallet 

show error as below

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:56:56 AM

same problem.

i can't use counterwallet 

show error as below

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

fixed, please retry. Thanks.
fractastical

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:57:40 AM

I dont know if this is the correct topic but regarding swarm kind of ipo i think the second phase is ridiculous, 17,000 btcs will not be fulfilled and less chance if they dont reveal technical aspecs, they only say this will be a awesome coin, project, bla bla but dont say why.

17,000 BTC is a very ambitious target, I admit that. We focused at the moment at reaching the 4,000 BTC goal, but if we do actually reach 17,000 BTC we will have a lot of funds to help support projects (e.g. other things that enhance the Counterparty ecosystem), so I hope we do a larger amount.

At the moment we actually need to stay focused on building the platform, like the dashboard we released on launch.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:04:02 AM

This has been fixed earlier in the develop branch: https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterpartyd/commit/e64312d064da1a5ed8b6e52744e99fc40f8d12d0

We'll get it ported into master, since it looks like it will be a bit before we merge develop into master again.

For now, feel free to edit the code yourself, directly, to fix the problem.

I've manually patched api.py but I am still getting:

Code:
counterpartyd wallet

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 837, in <module>
    address_data = get_address(db, address=address)
  File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 29, in get_address
    address_dict['balances'] = util.api('get_balances', {'filters': [('address', '==', address),]})
  File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 50, in api
    raise exceptions.RPCError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.RPCError: {'data': {'type': 'NameError', 'args': ["global name 'a' is not defined"], 'message': "global name 'a' is not defined"}, 'message': 'Server error', 'code': -32000}

'a' is not very easy to search for references for...

Is there a traceback printing in counterpartyd.log? If so, that would probably have a line number to the error. If it's something we haven't fixed, we'll get it fixed once we know the location (given that you said you already patched the bug we already fixed).

Seems like this has been fixed after I updated this evening.  Thanks.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:10:27 AM

This has been fixed earlier in the develop branch: https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterpartyd/commit/e64312d064da1a5ed8b6e52744e99fc40f8d12d0

We'll get it ported into master, since it looks like it will be a bit before we merge develop into master again.

For now, feel free to edit the code yourself, directly, to fix the problem.

I've manually patched api.py but I am still getting:

Code:
counterpartyd wallet

File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 837, in <module>
    address_data = get_address(db, address=address)
  File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 29, in get_address
    address_dict['balances'] = util.api('get_balances', {'filters': [('address', '==', address),]})
  File "/home/jeremy/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 50, in api
    raise exceptions.RPCError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.RPCError: {'data': {'type': 'NameError', 'args': ["global name 'a' is not defined"], 'message': "global name 'a' is not defined"}, 'message': 'Server error', 'code': -32000}

'a' is not very easy to search for references for...

Is there a traceback printing in counterpartyd.log? If so, that would probably have a line number to the error. If it's something we haven't fixed, we'll get it fixed once we know the location (given that you said you already patched the bug we already fixed).

Seems like this has been fixed after I updated this evening.  Thanks.

Ooo wait... spoke too soon. Sad

I am now getting this...

> counterpartyd send --source <sorry> --destination <hidden> --quantity 123 --asset XCP
Transaction (unsigned): XXXXX
Sign and broadcast? (y/N) y
Transaction (signed): XXXXX
  File "/home/X/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 693, in <module>
    args.unsigned)
  File "/home/X/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 187, in cli
    print('Hash of transaction (broadcasted):', bitcoin.broadcast_tx(signed_tx_hex))
  File "/home/X/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/bitcoin.py", line 547, in broadcast_tx
    return send_raw_transaction(signed_tx_hex)
  File "/home/X/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/bitcoin.py", line 55, in send_raw_transaction
    return rpc('sendrawtransaction', [tx_hex])
  File "/home/X/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/bitcoin.py", line 165, in rpc
    raise exceptions.BitcoindError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: {'message': 'TX rejected', 'code': -22}

How can I send XCP?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: