Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
led_lcd

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

Speaking on behalf of myself and not the Counterparty team, I think that community voting as to the prioritization of bounties becomes a bit complicated and may ultimately lead to an - ironically - slower issuance of bounties. In my opinion, community members should make recommendations to the Counterparty Team for which bounties to issue, and, then, if the Counterparty Team agrees with the recommendation, it should post a donation address and the length of the bounty-period.

I'm happy with this approach. You are all doing an outstanding job so far. I'll have a think and put some thoughts to paper and send you a PM later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:49:08 PM

Counterparty peeps.

I heard about Counterparty on Coindesk.  I am looking to understand what are the big needs for this protocol as it is launched.

I am interested in helping to organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

I'm new so please go easy on me, but I definitely want to be helpful. Yes, I have burn some moneys already

Awesome, we really appreciate the initiative. becherovka is starting to organize things at the bounty level starting shortly here. Perhaps you and he could work together on this. I'll let him either comment on this thread, or you guys can get in touch via PM.

We also just put up a wiki on the counterparty.co site (I have to finish setting up the permissions for it).  If there are any community members that want to help make content for the wiki, feel free to contact cityglut (solid writing skills would be a must here, obviously).

I might make a suggestion:

Counterparty (and similar projects) offer entirely new functionality to the Bitcoin system. As is evident from the cryptocurrency hearings in New York this week it is apparent that regulators and other financial types have had their minds blown by the basic functionality of Bitcoin, let alone the more advanced features.

They didn't even know how to react to the Colored Coins concept when Charles Lee of Litecoin brought it up. I can only imagine how they would have reacted if someone mentioned the concept of a decentralised exchange to them.

On that note, I feel that the world needs to see examples of what Counterparty can do. Think of it as a technological showcase of case studies. Each one consisting of taking ideas from conception to execution.

Case study 1: Mike wants to set up a new business but has no money. Instead of going to a bank for a loan he decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from crowd-funding to share issuance and dividend allocation etc. No middlemen!

Case study 2: Jennifer wants to sell her home. Instead of going down the traditional avenues she decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from payment to referencing her house deeds (Colored Coins/notary) etc. No middlemen!

Etc, etc.

This Dropbox video is a great example of what I am talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFb0NaeRmdg

Ultimately, if people realise what you can actually do with Counterparty, they will use it.

This is a great suggestion. I will be adding use-cases to the wiki.

For the sake of organization, I recommend that use-cases regarding assets and dividends be discussed at the thread I created for that purpose:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424439.0
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

If I burned XCP on separate address (but same wallet) on blockchain info, is there any way to export only this address private key?

Or the only way for me is to export the whole wallet then import into Bitcoin-QT?

Thanks.

There is. If I recall from memory, you simply click on import/export and look for the unencrypted/plaintext export option and copy and past the private key corresponding to your public key/address.

Try to do this following this guide:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B

But getting this error for every private key I tried:
Invalid private key (code -5)

Ideas?
jbah01

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:27:56 PM

If I burned XCP on separate address (but same wallet) on blockchain info, is there any way to export only this address private key?

Or the only way for me is to export the whole wallet then import into Bitcoin-QT?

Thanks.

There is. If I recall from memory, you simply click on import/export and look for the unencrypted/plaintext export option and copy and past the private key corresponding to your public key/address.

Ideas?
Did you unlock your wallet before importing?
Walletpassphrase PASSWORD 600 (Will unlock it for 10 minutes)
Importprivkey PRIVATEKEY LABELFORADDRESS
SyRenity

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:33:43 PM

Ideas?
[/quote]

Yes, still getting this error every time.
jbah01

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

Ideas?

Yes, still getting this error every time.
[/quote]
Not sure if it makes a difference, but you checked for extra spaces due to copy/paste?
Otherwise recheck the key, privkey starts with a 5
I think that you must also use a label that is not already in use in your wallet, but not sure
SyRenity

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:49:58 PM

Not sure if it makes a difference, but you checked for extra spaces due to copy/paste?
Otherwise recheck the key, privkey starts with a 5
I think that you must also use a label that is not already in use in your wallet, but not sure

Found it - the export drop-list had base 56 selected by default, instead of Bitcoin-QT Smiley.

By the way, is scan time really necessary? Perhaps next time it better to import with scan false?
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

Trying my hands at some logo design to get the juices flowing.

My inspiration is the exchange aspect of counterparty, combined with some classic logography/typography (e.g. london underground). Font choice is Gotham Bold.

Second one but with the "party" perhaps on the second line. Having it too long makes it difficult to place the logo in all places

cheers

I like the second one too. I like the inspiration from the underground.

Perhaps to satisfy the requirement to put the logo in small places, how about the circle/arrow is the 'shortened' logo?

On a side note, it does look similar to my whipped up logo for blockscan (but with the direction of the arrow reversed)

Grin

Seems people like the 2nd one. Will work on it some more.

Going to try:
- 2 lines
- Symbol taking up 2 lines
- Colors
- More prominent arrow (for low res reproduction)

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
jimhsu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:17:19 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 07:47:55 PM by jimhsu

For colors, I'm thinking dark/less saturated (appropriate for a financial instrument), and contrasting (buy/sell, long/short, bull/bear).

Size testing:

Up to 32x32 still readable. May need to up thickness a bit on small sizes.

Other stuff:

Exchange icon:

jimhsu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

Counterparty peeps.

I heard about Counterparty on Coindesk.  I am looking to understand what are the big needs for this protocol as it is launched.

I am interested in helping to organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

I'm new so please go easy on me, but I definitely want to be helpful. Yes, I have burn some moneys already

Awesome, we really appreciate the initiative. becherovka is starting to organize things at the bounty level starting shortly here. Perhaps you and he could work together on this. I'll let him either comment on this thread, or you guys can get in touch via PM.

We also just put up a wiki on the counterparty.co site (I have to finish setting up the permissions for it).  If there are any community members that want to help make content for the wiki, feel free to contact cityglut (solid writing skills would be a must here, obviously).

I might make a suggestion:

Counterparty (and similar projects) offer entirely new functionality to the Bitcoin system. As is evident from the cryptocurrency hearings in New York this week it is apparent that regulators and other financial types have had their minds blown by the basic functionality of Bitcoin, let alone the more advanced features.

They didn't even know how to react to the Colored Coins concept when Charles Lee of Litecoin brought it up. I can only imagine how they would have reacted if someone mentioned the concept of a decentralised exchange to them.

On that note, I feel that the world needs to see examples of what Counterparty can do. Think of it as a technological showcase of case studies. Each one consisting of taking ideas from conception to execution.

Case study 1: Mike wants to set up a new business but has no money. Instead of going to a bank for a loan he decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from crowd-funding to share issuance and dividend allocation etc. No middlemen!

Case study 2: Jennifer wants to sell her home. Instead of going down the traditional avenues she decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from payment to referencing her house deeds (Colored Coins/notary) etc. No middlemen!

Etc, etc.

This Dropbox video is a great example of what I am talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFb0NaeRmdg

Ultimately, if people realise what you can actually do with Counterparty, they will use it.

This is a great suggestion. I will be adding use-cases to the wiki.

For the sake of organization, I recommend that use-cases regarding assets and dividends be discussed at the thread I created for that purpose:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424439.0

People love videos. That sort of thing could easily be done in a "What is Bitcoin" video kind of format.

freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:53:32 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 08:15:33 PM by freedomfighter

I'd appreciate someone answering the following 3 questions:

1) In the XCP blockscan balances the highest address has 6000+ XCP. How is it possible if there can be no more than 1BTC per address burned and the maximum reward was 1500XCP per 1BTC?

2) As to the burn instructions using blockchain.info: just to make sure I understood: say I want to burn 1BTC- is it recommended to open a brand new address with 1BTC and send to the XCP address? and than minus the fee the actual burn will be 0.999BTC for whatever XCP?

3) Lastly, what happens after the last block is burned? will the XCP balances sent to the address from which the BTC came? (I understand that it is the same as BTC as far as the blockchain.info is concerned? in other words-- how will an ïnvestor receive his XCP?

Thank you in advance.  

[1] One can send XCP now, so the individuals with more than 1500+ just consolidated multiple burns into one address.
[2] That's true. If you want to burn the full 1BTC you should start with an address with 1.0001 BTC. Then send the 1 BTC (plus the 0.0001 miners fee) to the address - 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr. Just take your time and follow the instructions exactly.
[3] The XCP are almost immediately attributed to the BTC addresses from which they came. The individuals in point [1] have already received their XCP and are sending/spending them already.

As for answer 3 above: I burned a BTC successfully a couple of hours ago and it shows on the burned log with a confirmation for 1000+ XCP. How did those that unified their XCPs do it? (if someone can unite few addresses with XCP it means that the balance should show within his address. so i understand. is there an XCP wallet?
jimhsu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

1) In the XCP blockscan balances the highest address has 6000+ XCP. How is it possible if there can be no more than 1BTC per address burned and the maximum reward was 1500XCP per 1BTC?

2) As to the burn instructions using blockchain.info: just to make sure I understood: say I want to burn 1BTC- is it recommended to open a brand new address with 1BTC and send to the XCP address? and than minus the fee the actual burn will be 0.999BTC for whatever XCP?

3) Lastly, what happens after the last block is burned? will the XCP balances sent to the address from which the BTC came? (I understand that it is the same as BTC as far as the blockchain.info is concerned? in other words-- how will an ïnvestor receive his XCP?

Thank you in advance.  

[1] One can send XCP now, so the individuals with more than 1500+ just consolidated multiple burns into one address.
[2] That's true. If you want to burn the full 1BTC you should start with an address with 1.0001 BTC. Then send the 1 BTC (plus the 0.0001 miners fee) to the address - 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr. Just take your time and follow the instructions exactly.
[3] The XCP are almost immediately attributed to the BTC addresses from which they came. The individuals in point [1] have already received their XCP and are sending/spending them already.
As for answer 3 above: I burned a BTC successfully a couple of hours ago and it shows on the burned log with a confirmation for 1000+ XCP. How did those that unified their XCPs do it? (if someone can unite few addresses with XCP it means that the balance should show within his address. so i understand. is there an XCP wallet?

Send XCP from an address with XCP burned to another address. This has been explained mutliple times (should probably have a FAQ on this, devs; I'll write one if need be)

xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:28:02 PM

Can anybody tell me what this means? I successfully sent a small test amount xcp from my address to another. Immediately afterwards using the exact same 2 addresses

I get an error when trying to send the remaining balance.

I have more than enough btc connected to my addresses. I can not seem to send any xcp out of this address anymore. Wallet command works shows correct xcp balance.

And actually I was able to successfully send back the small test amount back to the original address. So it seems I am getting this error only when trying to send from

this particular address which contains a large xcp balance. Thanks

I get this error message.

Confirm? (y/N) y
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 516, i
n <module>
    json_print(bitcoin.transmit(unsigned_tx_hex, unsigned=args.unsigned))
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 315, in
transmit
    return rpc('sendrawtransaction', [signed_tx_hex])
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 69, in r
pc
    raise exceptions.BitcoindError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: {'message': 'TX rejected', 'code': -22}

C:\counterpartyd_build>

Are you trying to work with sent or mined coins that haven't been fully confirmed?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248072.0
https://www.google.com/search?q=tx+rejected+code+22+site:bitcointalk.org&espv=210&es_sm=93

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:42:33 PM

Thank you in advance.  

Send XCP from an address with XCP burned to another address. This has been explained mutliple times (should probably have a FAQ on this, devs; I'll write one if need be)

Thank you. sorry I am new to this: but how do I enable sending "XCP burned to another address" (or can you direct me to a link where this was already explained)? I have my BTC wallet on blockchain but wont see XCP balance there obviously, just on the CP bloackscan. How do i connect XCPs to my wallet? much appreciated
Bountyful

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Counterparty peeps.

I am interested in helping organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

Thank you Xnova. I will PM this becherovka and I will continue to reach out and make comments with the community here. I'm happy to be welcomed so warmly.

I will start with some ideas for getting a swarm to work on the Wiki.

Let's see how it goes!
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

Counterparty peeps.

I am interested in helping organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

Thank you Xnova. I will PM this becherovka and I will continue to reach out and make comments with the community here. I'm happy to be welcomed so warmly.

Let's see how it goes!

Apologies for speaking too soon. Actually, after speaking with the team, the best person for you to reach out to would be cityglut. He'll be overseeing official bounties (and tracking community bounties), at least based on the current plan. You and he can decide how to best work together. Sorry for the confusion.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
Bountyful

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:54:41 PM

Counterparty peeps.

Let's see how it goes!

Apologies for speaking too soon. Actually, after speaking with the team, the best person for you to reach out to would be cityglut. He'll be overseeing official bounties (and tracking community bounties), at least based on the current plan. You and he can decide how to best work together. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. It's good to learn the right person involved. I will definitely get involved with cityglut and learn more of what he expects.
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:17:13 AM

What we need as a community to expand adoption
a) A WebSite -> www.counterparty.co
b) An easy to use intuitive GUI -> in progress bounty on Feb 14th
c) Block Explorer -> http://blockscan.com/
d) Information material -> PDFs, info graphics, short videos etc... explaining the end user use cases etc....

nathan_kia

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:22:13 AM

Can somebody explains more about the features that we see here:  http://counterparty.co/about/
I am an engineer but a newbie in cryptocurrency and related concepts. I think the first step for Counterparty adoption is to explain the features and benefits in simple way that anyone understands.
jay_pilch

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:21:07 AM

"block 278310, which should appear in a few hours; it will end with block 283810" is quoted on page one. But it also states burn period is 5000 blocks.

But this period is 5500 blocks.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: