Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276320 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:02:14 PM

I created an order then sent bitcoins after seeing an order-match ID, however the order seems to have expired anyway.  I received no XCP from this trade according to Blockscan.

http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=3251

The expiration was set to 15, however the bitcoins were sent within 4 blocks.  

Can anyone assist?

What branch are you using?

I used git to clone what I believe is the master branch.  Prior to this trade yesterday I updated due to the bug with block 284193.

There are a few btcpays to invalid order match ids according to blockscan:
http://blockscan.com/btcpay.aspx

The bitcoins were definitely transacted...confirmed by blockchain.info.

Bump to this. I sold the XCP for that order, and did not get the BTC intended for the BTCpay. I don't know what account that BTC was sent to.

Another BTC sell order from that same order successfully processed though, so my order does work. Problem seems to be in the BTCpay matching.

The issue seems to be that order matches that existed in master didn't exist in develop, due to the recent changes in the rounding algorithms. I've updated master now.

Thanks. Since this (I believe) resulted in actual BTC lost by one or more parties, would it be advisable for all parties to manually reconcile these transactions? Of course this being bitcoin I can't force anyone to do anything.

Is there a way to reconcile the situation?  Or are my bitcoins irrecoverable due to the bug?

I would hope that the sellers who benefitted from this bug will send the XCP to their buyers, realizing that in order for the rest of their XCP to appreciate in value early buyers shouldn't feel scammed.

According to jimhsu, he was the counterparty of the trade, but didn't receive my bitcoins.  (Jimhsu, did you lose your XCP also?)

So are my bitcoins irrecoverable due to the bug?  

No, I got my XCP back after order expiration matched, but your BTCPay was not sent to me. I was not harmed nor the beneficiary of any of these transactions.

For those new to this discussion: This bug has been fixed in latest versions of develop and master.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

From MasterXchange, when I asked them to consider adding XCP:

Emilien (email redacted)
11:36 AM (27 minutes ago)

to me, support
Thank you for your mail.

We'll definitly consider it once we have finished everything we are doing now

Emilien

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:31:46 PM

I remember to have read somewhere (must have been somewhere within this topic because I cant find it in the OP) that people are responsible themselves to do x (don't remember what that term was; maybe "activate", "import"?)  with their XCP when y (some kind of launch?) is announced.

You see that I dont have much of a clue anymore what I read there Smiley Just dont wanna miss anything.
Bottomline question: Can I just hold my XCP (burned with blockchain.info wallet) for ever/month and do nothing without having to worry about anything? 

Yes, you can hold them in your block chain wallet. You only need to export/import private keys into Bitcoin-QT when you need to spend XCP or make transactions on it.
kdrop22

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

Issue:
XCP not returned from escrow after cancellation of Order

http://blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=17PgVzRSSSjc2aN8Lyp1x9QayKzPzY2pKj

a) I placed a sell order for 250 XCP order
b) the order was matched by the engine, but the buyer did not make any payment yet.
c) I cancelled the order
d) I did not receive back the XCP from escrow

The Balance should be: 1432-400-200-200=632
Instead it is 382 XCP and 250 from Escrow is missing.

I know there was similar issue not sure what the resolution for that was. (I am on the latest build).

Thanks to the developers for fixing this in such short notice. I have my funds back and everything is working fine.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:36:27 PM

Is there a way to reconcile the situation?  Or are my bitcoins irrecoverable due to the bug?

I would hope that the sellers who benefitted from this bug will send the XCP to their buyers, realizing that in order for the rest of their XCP to appreciate in value early buyers shouldn't feel scammed.

I'll try to make a list of all affected accounts:

BTCPay out:

1Mf2abNSv7jzwsjgkrf2k3LTMyEw96Us3H
1AQPf7f3y37NN9XsYkfGGALHQiW1ig3MXb
1EEwWVYaSF2QUsv3nMz8h5uGifHiuza485

BTCPay mistakenly received:

1GbkV2QgQ2jqHk8yjgcdwEMfLC1Y6oGSMF - 0.4 - 250 XCP not delivered to 1Mf2abNSv7jzwsjgkrf2k3LTMyEw96Us3H
1JBp8tdzwzo5VKcKpg1QHKbYP2sKDNWGnk - 0.11 - no XCP orders
17PgVzRSSSjc2aN8Lyp1x9QayKzPzY2pKj - 0.65 - no XCP orders

If you lost BTC due to this bug, PM me and the Counterparty team will reimburse you the XCP you were supposed to have purchased (if the seller will not do this himself). This does not mean that we will reimburse everyone who loses money due to bugs in this software in the future.

This is a very specific kind of bug that appeared because of the interaction of some rounding issues with Bitcoin transactions, which of course are irreversible in the Counterparty protocol. Also, we let the master branch fall too far behind the develop branch, so the problem was not fixed as quickly as it might have been. The rounding errors have been fixed permanently and properly, so the likelihood of a similar bug causing loss of funds is unlikely. Of course, this is still alpha software, so use your discretion.
kdrop22

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:51:30 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 09:33:24 PM by kdrop22

Is there an API url to directly get the last DEX order match? I am going to put in a request to get added on coinmarketcap.com  Grin Grin

Yes, we probably need an JSON / REST based API  for the latest sale price on the DEX.
BTC-Market

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

The reddit page registered by the Counterparty Team is reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp

Important clarification:reddit.com/r/counterparty was not registered by the Counterparty team; it was registered by prophetx, who is the communications lead for Mastercoin; reddit.com/r/xcp was also not reigstered by the Counterparty team, and both of its moderators appear to be associated with Mastercoin, as well.
There appears to be some scam artists among the mastercoin team.

I know the owner of the http://www.reddit.com/r/xcp subreddit. I'm sure he'll turn it over if you message him, he's no scam artist.
jayso043

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:49:15 PM

What happened in block 284193? Last night I sent XCP between accounts, following which the error occured.

I have now updated via git pull and it is now creating a new database. Did this affect everyone, or just me?

Status: Database and client minor version number mismatch (0 ≠ 7).
Block: 278270
qwertyasdfgh

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:01:18 PM

What happened in block 284193? Last night I sent XCP between accounts, following which the error occured.

I have now updated via git pull and it is now creating a new database. Did this affect everyone, or just me?

Status: Database and client minor version number mismatch (0 ≠ 7).
Block: 278270

I got the same thing. I'm guessing they made a major change with the rounding issue or the misplaced XCP.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:19:37 PM

Is there a way to reconcile the situation?  Or are my bitcoins irrecoverable due to the bug?

I'll try to make a list of all affected accounts:

BTCPay out:

1Mf2abNSv7jzwsjgkrf2k3LTMyEw96Us3H
1AQPf7f3y37NN9XsYkfGGALHQiW1ig3MXb
1EEwWVYaSF2QUsv3nMz8h5uGifHiuza485

BTCPay mistakenly received:

1GbkV2QgQ2jqHk8yjgcdwEMfLC1Y6oGSMF - 0.4 - 250 XCP not delivered to 1Mf2abNSv7jzwsjgkrf2k3LTMyEw96Us3H
1JBp8tdzwzo5VKcKpg1QHKbYP2sKDNWGnk - 0.11 - no XCP orders
17PgVzRSSSjc2aN8Lyp1x9QayKzPzY2pKj - 0.65 - no XCP orders

If you lost BTC due to this bug, PM me and the Counterparty team will reimburse you the XCP you were supposed to have purchased (if the seller will not do this himself). This does not mean that we will reimburse everyone who loses money due to bugs in this software in the future.

This is a very specific kind of bug that appeared because of the interaction of some rounding issues with Bitcoin transactions, which of course are irreversible in the Counterparty protocol. Also, we let the master branch fall too far behind the develop branch, so the problem was not fixed as quickly as it might have been. The rounding errors have been fixed permanently and properly, so the likelihood of a similar bug causing loss of funds is unlikely. Of course, this is still alpha software, so use your discretion.

Very noble of the devs for such a move. This is the type of project that gets my support.

Later I'll be donating the trade that was supposed to be made to the bounty fund.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:28:10 PM

btw what's up with the change in the asset names adding an extra random letter on blockscan?

My LOVE asset is now LOVEE, and ROSE became ROSEV  Cry

also this sell order later became invalid, even though it was initially valid?  any reason why?

http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=2627

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:35:02 PM

btw what's up with the change in the asset names adding an extra random letter on blockscan?

also this sell order later became invalid, even though it was initially valid?  any reason why?

Welcome to the other side Dom  Tongue jk

I also noticed MPTSTOCK became MPTSTOCKF.

But your order expired. Set your expiration to a higher number of blocks.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:35:28 PM

also this sell order later became invalid, even though it was initially valid?  any reason why?

There's now a maximum expiration time of two months for all orders and bets.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:52:30 PM

also this sell order later became invalid, even though it was initially valid?  any reason why?

Welcome to the other side Dom  Tongue jk

I also noticed MPTSTOCK became MPTSTOCKF.

But your order expired. Set your expiration to a higher number of blocks.

Haha it's all the same side to me.  Don't let the govt mole convince you otherwise.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

I ran counterpartyd tests on the updated master branch and the result is 27 failed, 6 passed.

Is this something to be worried about?

No, but can you post the output anyway?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:29:30 PM

I ran counterpartyd tests on the updated master branch and the result is 27 failed, 6 passed.

Is this something to be worried about?

No, but can you post the output anyway?

Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/yv70WkeP

EDIT: This is on Ubuntu 13.10 by the way.

Right... you need to have Bitcoind running on testnet in the background. (This should be changed eventually, of course.)
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:46:18 PM

Please limit this discussion to items of significance, all the speculation and less relevant discussion makes this thread more difficult to follow.

To the Dev/s:
The following counterpartyd protocol/CLI issues should be resolved:
1) Paying a 0.0001 BTC fee can wipe order -
FIX:
a) XCP for BTC offer should include an option/variable to limit block period for a matching order lock (lockperiod) and a failure to BTCpay in such time period should reinstate the temporarily locked offer (instead of canceling as it currently does)

2) "counterpartyd address" doesn't show btc balance (and no BTCSend support outside of BTCPay)
a) Fix: show unspent BTC at address on address pull
b) Improve: Allow counterpartyd BTCsend fromaddress toaddress BTC fee(optional/can use default)
c) Improve: Allow BTCSend and XCP at same time to an address
d) BONUS: Allow BTCSend to ASSET which divides the BTC among all asset holders similar to how XCP dividend should be distribued

3) Escrowed/Multisig Bitdust is unspendable in counterpartyd.
a) fix: allow spending such dust natively in counterpartyd

4) MINOR: market display updates.
a) Reorganize market CLI to display Feeds, then Bets, then Open Orders with BTC/XCP & XCP/BTC orders and Order matches awaiting BTCpay LAST in chart.
b) Update sorting open orders by asset exchange type first (XCP/BTC, etc.), then ratio second (subsorting inside the different types). i.e. force XCP/BTC BTC/XCP last in chart for easier viewing.
c) allow market to only update AFTER a block is processed by server.

5) Regarding Major Program/Protocol revisions: Please don't change significant aspects of the protocol (such as asset fees) without consulting stakeholders.
Specifically In Re: Asset creation fees: Where does this new fee go? Ideally it would be either extinguished (to the burn address) or distributed among all XCP stakeholders, with fractional change (0.00000001 each) distributed in this order:
a) the last 10000 blocks or so of XCP addresses to list XCP orders/escrowing XCP, b) The last 10000 blocks  XCP addresses to buy XCP with BTCpay, c) The last XCP addresses to receive XCP in order (this should be plenty and include all XCP addresses that have ever been used including burns.

Sidenote: PLEASE TEST/AUDIT ALL CHANGES THOROUGHLY ON TESTNET BEFORE IMPLEMENTING to MASTER!

To Blockscan:
BlockScan update: DEX MATCHED PRICE should Read: BTC/XCP (not XCP/BTC) and would be useful to see inverted price as well (XCP/BTC), but that would make 3 rates with USD value. Also, I'd recommend changing @ to = and adding units for XCP. So, our recommendation format would read:
Last DEX Trade: 0.005 BTC/XCP (200 XCP/BTC) = $4.025/XCP
ONLY trades that have received BTCpay should be included, but it's not so important for now.

Crossposted to my own thread:
We issued 100 MPTSTOCK to represent 100% of profits and put it all up for sale at a market cap we feel is accurate for the company. Pricing of MPTSTOCK will be at the discretion of whoever buys/sells such asset.
The protocol uses 10000000000 to represent 100 of an asset but blockscan doesn't properly show that, so it should read 100.00000000 instead of 10000000000. Also blockscan is currently having some trouble with assets.

We did not issue any other assets yet (such as MPSTOCK) but we do have plans to issue other assets in the future.

We attempted to issue 100 AAAMPTSTOCK initially before realizing the "A" truncation issue in the protocol. We will recall the 100 AAAMPTSTOCK or distribute it evenly among MPTSTOCK holders when possible before the first profit distribution to ensure each MPTSTOCK purchased represents 1% of profits ad infinitum.

We are keeping a ledger of all future profits (XCP/BTC, etc. starting 2/1/2013) made through operation of moneypaktrader.com and will distribute profits to MPTSTOCK holders (XCP first and BTC also if/when the counterpartyd client allows sendBTC as described below). Significant stakeholders may review the ledger or request other involvement.

Profits will be distributed at least once a month so the first distribution will be before March.

We have enabled a simple DEX trading option/platform to expand people's options and hopefully gain that market share (of allowing non-technical bitcoin holders to invest in or send XCP/DEX). This is an innovative and unique service similar to our MP/BTC trading services. Anyone with the private key for their BTC address can buy XCP/MPTSTOCK by sending BTC to our specified address (see our forum thread or website). We then spend the BTC on the DEX to buy XCP/MPTSTOCK which is sent (minus 10% commission) to the Buyer's address.
Essentially - Anyone can buy XCP/DEX Assets by sending bitcoins from their bitcoin client to our current XCP buy address (shown on both our site and our bitcointalk thread for redundancy). This will work for any client/address which the buyer has the private key for (pretty much all BTC clients except exchange accounts).
When our messenger (TC and/or FB) shows green, this service is available for rapid processing at a premium. Otherwise, our goal is to process all such transactions within 24-48 hrs. Frequency of trades will depend on volume of submitted orders.

THANKS to all the Dev's!

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:51:02 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 11:36:00 PM by MoneypakTrader.com

Also,
Either asset MPTSTOCK shows incorrect total issued (200)
or
address 1FCkCQCnEtHQ3j7NqdkAnkqQUvqfti4XoA shows incorrect balance (0)
is showing incorrect balance since only 100 were ever listed for sale.
200 - 100 =/= 0

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

Hey Guys,

I seem to have an issue with the proper jsonrpc lib ...

I am using Ubuntu - are there any other linuc users here?

I still have to find out which jsonrpc counterpartyd is using, because my python3 has apparently a wrong one ... ...

azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$ python3 counterpartyd.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "counterpartyd.py", line 22, in <module>
    from lib import (config, api, zeromq, util, exceptions, bitcoin, blocks)
  File "/home/azure/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd/lib/api.py", line 16, in <module>
    from jsonrpc import JSONRPCResponseManager, dispatcher
ImportError: cannot import name JSONRPCResponseManager
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$

any hints would be appreciated   Huh

@cityglut and everybody
Please help him, he wants to work on gui, we need gui, please help
Urgent, urgent
If you want gui please help
James

Ps i am traveling today so i cant help so much, we need gui

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
rotalumis

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:49:43 AM

In yesterday's episode, Let's Talk Bitcoin announced they are planning to create their own coin (called LTB) that sounds very much like an XCP asset and are considering building it on top of Mastercoin as one of the options. How can we pitch Counterparty to them?

Start listening at 45:20 for details: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e81-bitcoin-for-the-people/
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: