Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:52:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:42:16 AM

Will the GUI do away with the need to download the Bitcoind and go through that complicated download?

I dont think so. At some point I hope we will get a checkpoint system in place to reduce firsttime install to a few minutes
That would require having checkpoints that are signed and also some support to query the nodes about the validity of the checkpoint files, plus GUI/installer that uses the checkpoints

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:45:26 AM

Just heard from poloniex guy. I think my pestering him has made him semi-eager to add it, if only to stop my constant emails to him Smiley

I can lias with him, or maybe cityglut? Not sure what docs to send him to help him integrate XCP. He is worried that it will be a lot of extra work like adding NXT was.

James

P.S. coinmarketcap here we come!!!

It should be very straightforward to add support for Counterparty in an existing exchange. Pretty much all you need  is the 'send' functionality, and we have a solid API for that, and for everything else. Tell this guy to look at our API documentation (which is more stable than the warning at the head of the page suggests).

You might PM CityGlut also.

EDIT: Does he know about the bounty?

Just chiming in here...

If you take a mid-long term view, my personal opinion is hold off on adding the coin to any low liquidity exchange and only focus on the more established ones like cryptsy, vircurex, bter, etc

Seeing that both Vircurex and BTER added nxt they might be open to the idea to add XCP. Of course if BTC-E is open to the idea then that would be the best choice

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:45:54 AM

Don't forget to ask the larger exchanges to look at Counterparty.

I've sent emails to BTC-e, bter.com and Cryptsy.

Bter.com would be an excellent for exposure to the Chinese market.

Cryptsy already has shares listed on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57 so they might be interested in the Counterparty for managing their shares.
One step at a time. Poloniex -> get us on coinmarketcap + GUI release -> bter/vircurex/cryptsy

I doubt any of the big exchanges will list XCP until there is a GUI and maybe even require initial install to be less than 17 hours

Tristan at poloniex says, "Someone should point out that the auto-build script does not work on a fresh install of Ubuntu. An sqlite-dev package needs to be installed first." I told him it was probably version specific to Ubuntu 13.04. Good news is that poloniex is starting the integration work, so 17 hours from now Tristan can start testing.

@cityglut, would it be possible to get some XCP sent to Tristan at poloniex so he can test deposit/withdrawal of XCP on his exchange?

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Just heard from poloniex guy. I think my pestering him has made him semi-eager to add it, if only to stop my constant emails to him Smiley

I can lias with him, or maybe cityglut? Not sure what docs to send him to help him integrate XCP. He is worried that it will be a lot of extra work like adding NXT was.

James

It should be very straightforward to add support for Counterparty in an existing exchange. Pretty much all you need  is the 'send' functionality, and we have a solid API for that, and for everything else. Tell this guy to look at our API documentation (which is more stable than the warning at the head of the page suggests).

Just chiming in here...

If you take a mid-long term view, my personal opinion is hold off on adding the coin to any low liquidity exchange and only focus on the more established ones like cryptsy, vircurex, bter, etc

Seeing that both Vircurex and BTER added nxt they might be open to the idea to add XCP. Of course if BTC-E is open to the idea then that would be the best choice

Cheers
BTER did not add NXT until source was released, also NXT was already on a "small" exchange, dgex. I doubt BTER will want to be the first exchange, especially without GUI and with 17 hour initial install process

Edit: the way things are going poloniex will have more altcoins than most of the bigger exchanges.

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:27:48 AM

Uh Oh, looks like one of the alpha-testers broke the market system for exchanging XCP/BTC:
http://www.blockscan.com/order_book.aspx

SETTING THE MINIMUM PRICE TO 0.09999910 BTC/XCP  !!!!

We'll exchange the first 20 or so bitcoins at 0.006 BTC/XCP until something (hopefully not a rushed haphazard fix such as forcing all btcpays to settle in an arbitrary timeframe or burdening all btc offers with extra fees) gets implemented to allow people to resume trading with the BTCpay and expiration times they choose.
Here's the details but we're capping the price (at 0.006 btc/xcp), so you won't suffer from the currently broken order book:
https://moneypaktrader.com/?m=order&op=4
Just put 8 for the last digit of your btc send and I'll send the equialent XCP back (at 0.006 btc/xcp).
We can do at least 20-30 BTC trades but

suggestion 4 linked is our suggestion for a quick fix to the current problem until the other fix points are implemented - https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71

This initial part of suggestion 4 can be implemented in ~100 blocks (for all matches after block 285200 for example) to resume trading quickly:
NEW CODE:
Orders offering btc DO NOT/WILL NOT MATCH WITH asset offers if the asset expiration time left is less than the btc offer expiration time left.
Orders requesting btc DO NOT/WILL NOT MATCH  btc offers if the asset expiration time left is less than the btc offer expiration time left.

Then the [max-time] variable can be implemented at our leisure.

Feel free to contact us through torchat, email, or FB chat to confirmavailability, but you can check the address to see if there hasn't already been 30 BTC sent to know it is safe.

delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:40:03 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 06:09:49 AM by delulo

When can the GUI client roughly be expected (dont want a guarantee just a rough estimate)? Would that GUI client go along with an easy installation?

Two other questions I have:
How many developers are working on counterparty right now and are they full time?
I assume counterparty is working on the bitcoin blockchain which means that transactions/contracts are facilitated by bitcoin miners. Correct? Would it be possible to migrate to an own/different blockchainl with counterparty? Any plans here?

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:55:16 AM

So this serves as a form of deflation for XCP?
One other related question, why is the fee for sending XCP so expensive?  That is, the bitcoin min tx fee is 0.0001, while to send XCP costs me 0.0003XXX  Sad
Anyone able to give definitive to questions above?  First question is most important.
Yes, there are added transaction fees to complete EACH action such as sending, posting, paying for orders.

It seems that adding more fees that either go to miners or otherwise get burned is one of the more popular but misguided solutions developers are working on.
The idea is that high fees will discourage non-traders but it is unclear why this wouldn't discourage traders also as these fees would quickly build up.

Until the protocol is fixed - https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71
It will be easier and cheaper to trade XCP as altcoins are traded (send btc to someone, they send XCP to you) such as my service (in sig).

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:12:07 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 06:40:05 AM by mtbitcoin

Uh Oh, looks like one of the alpha-testers broke the market system for exchanging XCP/BTC:

SETTING THE MINIMUM PRICE TO 0.09999910 BTC/XCP  !!!!

... it looks more like a planned execution to block any exchanges from taking place  Smiley.. The DEX was actually working quite well for the low volume trades.

I think this really does go back to the point that there should be some "abuse" checks in place, without these then if left to market forces the DEX would be non functional....

I was thinking that as alternative to the DEX matching the highest price, why not put in an option to match trades based on a specific tx_hash

for example a command like counterpartd.py order --offer_hash=6ecb7518eaabf0a655ea6f67af9145cb625f08e43cdb8884ba4959a9c404e99e could be executed. This could work for orders selling BTC for XCP

The orders would then parse by blocks.py and match the specific --offer_hash. If for some reason the order has already been filled or does not meet the criteria then full AUTO cancel and refund takes places.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:23:38 AM

URGENT REQUEST

Tristan at poloniex is in the process of installing counterpartyd and hopes to get it added to poloniex "before long". Maybe even tomorrow!

However, he needs a bit of XCP to test with. I am on Mac and cant send any. Can somebody, anybody send Tristan 1 XCP?

He writes:
"I will need a minimal amount of XCP, just one is fine, for testing. Do you just need a BTC address for the wallet I'm using with XCP? If so, this is it: 1JAbcwU7AvnAHhrAxGq1r5613LWUgG1odC"

James

P.S. Please quote this post and confirm when XCP is sent to him. Thanks!

520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:29:23 AM

When can the GUI client roughly be expected (dont want a guarantee just a rough estimate)? Would that GUI client go along with an easy installation?

How many developers are working on counterparty right now and are they full time?
I assume counterparty is working on the bitcoin blockchain which means that transactions/contracts are facilitated by bitcoin miners. Correct? Would it be possible to migrate to an own/different blockchainl with counterparty? Any plans here?

You can get the answer here for your last question. Or just click: https://counterparty.co/faqs/can-counterparty-work-on-blockchains-other-than-bitcoin/
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:43:53 AM

URGENT REQUEST

Tristan at poloniex is in the process of installing counterpartyd and hopes to get it added to poloniex "before long". Maybe even tomorrow!

However, he needs a bit of XCP to test with. I am on Mac and cant send any. Can somebody, anybody send Tristan 1 XCP?

He writes:
"I will need a minimal amount of XCP, just one is fine, for testing. Do you just need a BTC address for the wallet I'm using with XCP? If so, this is it: 1JAbcwU7AvnAHhrAxGq1r5613LWUgG1odC"

James

Sent him 2 XCP. It will show up in blockscan.com in 20 minutes
http://blockscan.com/balance.aspx?q=1JAbcwU7AvnAHhrAxGq1r5613LWUgG1odC

Just an FYI, if he is installing the counterparty client. It might take him quite a while to download the Bitcoin blockchain and then reindex it. (He might need to let it run overnight). However, this is only the very first time you install it, so it should not be a problem from second time onwards.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:52:03 AM

URGENT REQUEST

He writes:

James

Sent him 2 XCP. It will show up in blockscan.com in 20 minutes
http://blockscan.com/balance.aspx?q=1JAbcwU7AvnAHhrAxGq1r5613LWUgG1odC

Just an FYI, if he is installing the counterparty client. It might take him quite a while to download the Bitcoin blockchain and then reindex it. (He might need to let it run overnight). However, this is only the very first time you install it, so it should not be a problem from second time onwards.

Thanks! I will let him know

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:07:40 AM

James

Just chiming in here...

Cheers
BTER did not add NXT until source was released, also NXT was already on a "small" exchange, dgex. I doubt BTER will want to be the first exchange, especially without GUI and with 17 hour initial install process

Edit: the way things are going poloniex will have more altcoins than most of the bigger exchanges.

17 Hours?
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:13:42 AM

... it looks more like a planned execution to block any exchanges from taking place  Smiley.. The DEX was actually working quite well for the low volume trades.

I think this really does go back to the point that there should be some "abuse" checks in place, without these then if left to market forces the DEX would be non functional....

I was thinking that as alternative to the DEX matching the highest price, why not put in an option to match trades based on a specific tx_hash

for example a command like counterpartd.py order --offer_hash=6ecb7518eaabf0a655ea6f67af9145cb625f08e43cdb8884ba4959a9c404e99e could be executed. This could work for orders selling BTC for XCP

The orders would then parse by blocks.py and match the specific --offer_hash. If for some reason the order has already been filled or does not meet the criteria then full AUTO cancel and refund takes places.

Well it will only absorb all orders at that price, so if one puts a lower offer by .0000001 it shouldn't be a problem. The problem I see for the BTC sell orders is that they aren't committed to follow through with the exchange.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:39:55 AM

Well it will only absorb all orders at that price, so if one puts a lower offer by .0000001 it shouldn't be a problem. The problem I see for the BTC sell orders is that they aren't committed to follow through with the exchange.

The problem is you are now unable to SELL any XCP for BTC because its quite obvious based on the best matched price of 0.099 BTC/XCP, that the buy order is not going to follow through with a BTCPAY..

Vice versa, you can also easily start wiping out the SELL orders for a very low cost as the fee required is very low

Cheers

520Bit

Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:44:47 AM

The problem is you are now unable to SELL any XCP for BTC because its quite obvious based on the best matched price of 0.099 BTC/XCP, that the buy order is not going to follow through with a BTCPAY..

Vice versa, you can also easily start wiping out the SELL orders for a very low cost as the fee required is very low

Cheers

So below two orders are smart because of setting a 0.01 BTC fee_required.

http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=3596
http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=3374

They are not eaten by the alpha tester!!!
I would suggest all traders set a higher fee_required to avoid this kind of issue. However, if counterparty could improve, it would be better.
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:01:43 AM

The community has multiple desktop clients in the works.

Regarding a web-wallet, I have posted a written tech preview of "Counterwallet", which is the upcoming deterministic web wallet the Counterparty team is hard at work on. Check it out on the counterparty forums at: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php?topic=79

As I stated in that thread, screenshots should be coming by the end of the week. Things are moving along very well.

As far as your other question goes, currently Phantom and I are working on Counterparty (pretty much) full-time. We have future plans for additional full-time devs.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
qtgwith

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:07:36 AM

Regarding a web-wallet, I have posted a written tech preview of "Counterwallet", which is the upcoming deterministic web wallet the Counterparty team is hard at work on. Check it out on the counterparty forums at: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php?topic=79

As I stated in that thread, screenshots should be coming by the end of the week. Things are moving along very well.

As far as your other question goes, currently Phantom and I are working on Counterparty (pretty much) full-time. We have future plans for additional full-time devs.

Congratulation!
Great work!Great team!
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:07:58 AM

So below two orders are smart because of setting a 0.01 BTC fee_required.

http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=3596
http://blockscan.com/order.aspx?q=3374

They are not eaten by the alpha tester!!!
I would suggest all traders set a higher fee_required to avoid this kind of issue. However, if counterparty could improve, it would be better.

Yea  Grin One of those are mine. Lol

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:16:14 AM

Hi xnova

+1

If this works out even closely to what you have listed out then this is great. I like the fact that the wallet is deterministic.

Cheers

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: