Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:28:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:39:06 AM

Where did a core XCP dev spread fud about NXT?  I saw BlueMeanie being inflammatory and it sounds like there is some drama going on between him and the NXT community, but I'm unclear why suddenly a "WELL, NXT FOLK ARE GONNA LEAVE" moment.  Did I miss something?

Edit:  I just noticed this

At the 56:50 mark:  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltb94-privacy-and-the-arts/ complete FUD and untruths...and thousands of people repeat the same thing confidently like parrots...Nxt is significantly different than peercoin POS, any other proof of stake and the fundamental the code base which is written in java. Nxt is has decentralized as you can get from marketing, development and all other initiatives. Shame on Adam for passive action in letting that smear fly by...You devs have to realize your power and take better responsibility!

1 - I'm not a dev
2 - I have no idea if what he's saying is true or not, I'm speaking to him as an expert - you'll notice I was suprised to hear him say that, it was new information to me.
3 - I publicize my personal email on literally every episode including that one, and I didn't recieve a single note in complaint about this.  Why complain here, but not to the person who can actually help?
4 - Are you saying he's wrong?  NXT does not use Checkpoints currently or in the past?

I really like NXT but honestly you guys smell conspiracy EVERYWHERE and it gets annoying.  People are just busy, we don't have fact checkers hell I don't have ANY employees so i'm a little curious what you'd have me do.  NXT has an open invitation to do an interview or join us for a host segment on LTB, but you guys don't have many confident speakers I guess as I've had no takers outside of the early and not very compelling interviews with Tai Zen (which ran) and aaron (which didn't). 

If you want people to know whats going on with your project, explain it to them in a way they can understand.  Otherwise it's confusing to people on the outside and annoying to people on the inside.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:55:12 AM

Where did a core XCP dev spread fud about NXT?  I saw BlueMeanie being inflammatory and it sounds like there is some drama going on between him and the NXT community, but I'm unclear why suddenly a "WELL, NXT FOLK ARE GONNA LEAVE" moment.  Did I miss something?
things like:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg7405522#msg7405522

cityglut's "That has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains at once." is quite telling. There is no mining in NXT and you can't just spawn off a zillion SHA256 hashes to increase the chance of forging the next block. So, instead of addressing the points I raised (that was my text used in another context) he just dismisses it as saying it has nothing to do with mining multiple chains at once.

Well, see cityglut is right. What I describe has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains, which is the whole premise of "nothing at stake". What I describe is what is required for NXT forging and cityglut admits it has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains. So how does the nothing at stake undermine NXT if NXT has nothing to do about mining on multiple chains?

See, no logical thought being used, but from an authoritative core dev of a second gen coin quite a powerful FUD.

He also said NXT has a central leader. That is how far out of touch he is about NXT, but that doesnt stop him from making disparaging remarks about NXT.

My conclusion is that something has really rattled cityglut. He is not this guy, but yet he is doing this. So, I feel it is time I end my XCP investment.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
blackhatzw

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:55:49 AM

What's the matter with XCP, price is going down seriously.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:03:01 AM

Where did a core XCP dev spread fud about NXT?  I saw BlueMeanie being inflammatory and it sounds like there is some drama going on between him and the NXT community, but I'm unclear why suddenly a "WELL, NXT FOLK ARE GONNA LEAVE" moment.  Did I miss something?

At the 56:50 mark:  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltb94-privacy-and-the-arts/ complete FUD and untruths...and thousands of people repeat the same thing confidently like parrots...Nxt is significantly different than peercoin POS, any other proof of stake and the fundamental the code base which is written in java. Nxt is has decentralized as you can get from marketing, development and all other initiatives. Shame on Adam for passive action in letting that smear fly by...You devs have to realize your power and take better responsibility!

1 - I'm not a dev
2 - I have no idea if what he's saying is true or not, I'm speaking to him as an expert - you'll notice I was suprised to hear him say that, it was new information to me.
3 - I publicize my personal email on literally every episode including that one, and I didn't recieve a single note in complaint about this.  Why complain here, but not to the person who can actually help?
4 - Are you saying he's wrong?  NXT does not use Checkpoints currently or in the past?

I really like NXT but honestly you guys smell conspiracy EVERYWHERE and it gets annoying.  People are just busy, we don't have fact checkers hell I don't have ANY employees so i'm a little curious what you'd have me do.  NXT has an open invitation to do an interview or join us for a host segment on LTB, but you guys don't have many confident speakers I guess as I've had no takers outside of the early and not very compelling interviews with Tai Zen (which ran) and aaron (which didn't). 

If you want people to know whats going on with your project, explain it to them in a way they can understand.  Otherwise it's confusing to people on the outside and annoying to people on the inside.
Peercoin has checkpoints and also does some PoS
NXT is PoS, therefore it must use checkpoints

Except it never has! Nobody bothers to actually check with anyone that knows about NXT.
The "nothing at stake" problem has never been solved by NXT. Well, if somebody can explain to me how the nothing at stake attack actually would work on NXT where you need to have a stake to be able to forge the block, maybe there is something to it.

However, when I write a thoughtful response to how NXT does have something at stake, all I get is that has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains.

People are so convinced NXT has to be bad because less than 100 people got the entire initial stake. However, it turns out that this dynamic could have been one of the critical factors in its success. The reason is that if you have a million dollars worth of anything, you tend to work pretty hard to protect it, nurture it, grow it. That is what happened. A culture of helping each other and generous grants are commonplace. This all stems from the precedent BCnext set by simply giving it away at the beginning. OK, he charged a symbolic 21 BTC, which was his goal to get 1 millionth of the total possible BTC, that is one reason it stopped early. he could have certainly been a better communicator. However none of that detracts from the fact that NXT works.

James

mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:11:24 AM

Where did a core XCP dev spread fud about NXT?  I saw BlueMeanie being inflammatory and it sounds like there is some drama going on between him and the NXT community, but I'm unclear why suddenly a "WELL, NXT FOLK ARE GONNA LEAVE" moment.  Did I miss something?
things like:

cityglut's "That has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains at once." is quite telling. There is no mining in NXT and you can't just spawn off a zillion SHA256 hashes to increase the chance of forging the next block. So, instead of addressing the points I raised (that was my text used in another context) he just dismisses it as saying it has nothing to do with mining multiple chains at once.

Well, see cityglut is right. What I describe has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains, which is the whole premise of "nothing at stake". What I describe is what is required for NXT forging and cityglut admits it has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains. So how does the nothing at stake undermine NXT if NXT has nothing to do about mining on multiple chains?

See, no logical thought being used, but from an authoritative core dev of a second gen coin quite a powerful FUD.

He also said NXT has a central leader. That is how far out of touch he is about NXT, but that doesnt stop him from making disparaging remarks about NXT.

My conclusion is that something has really rattled cityglut. He is not this guy, but yet he is doing this. So, I feel it is time I end my XCP investment.

James

Here's the quote you linked

For now, we should point out that proof-of-stake mining has inherent problems, which, to my knowledge, neither BCNext nor anyone else in the Nxt community has addressed. In particular, the well-known "nothing at stake" attack, by which miners can mine on multiple blockchains at no cost to themselves; this is in contrast to proof-of-work, where the resources one uses to mine are depleted in the process of mining. "Transparent forging" doesn't solve this problem, and, in any case, transparent forging has not even been implemented yet.

This is what a Nxt dev had to say about the "nothing-at-stake" problem:

If you have a computer that can forge a very large number of accounts in parallel without using any CPU and can also fund these large number of accounts without costing any NXT, then sure nothing is at stake

In my experience though you need to fund each separate acct with NXT (wait long enough) and then even a small amount of CPU time, multiplied by millions of accounts, well that seems to take some CPU power after all.
So, if you ignore the millions in NXT fees to create the accounts and the CPU power needed to forge on those millions of accounts, then you can try to monkey around with grabbing all the forging fees.

economically it doesnt make sense as there is NXT at stake. I think the premise of "nothing at stake" is that it rhymes with "proof of stake" so it has to make sense. It seems the assumption is that they can buy an arbitrary amount of NXT for free, so maybe much closer to genesis this would have been an issue, but now it is nonsensical.

That has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains at once.

In the context of the conversation he's having with doxy, is he wrong?  It seems like he wasn't talking to you, and if I read his post he is correct - What doxy said doesn't have anything to do with multiple chains.

Regardless, doesn't it seem much more likely that Cityglut just is very focused on his own project and doesn't know whats up?  You seem to say that in your comment but your reaction, rather than trying to correct him is to pose a sorta meaningless threat that you'll sell your stake at a very low price compared to past numbers into a really thin market before anybody understands the value proposition of the token.   

So I guess you could do that, but I don't see who it hurts but you.  Certainly not the devs, and I'm not sure you were even public about your ownership of the tokens (this is the first i've heard) so it's not like they're losing a prominent investor.

In this time of a million projects I really encourage everyone to try and not take things personally - We're all too busy with too many projects and the details and niceties fall away. 

James, you're free to do what you want of course - I'm just trying to understand this as you've always seemed like a rational guy and this feels really bridge-burney over what appears to be a pretty benign misunderstanding that you've chosen to characterize as malicious.  What gives?

mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:16:10 AM

1 - I'm not a dev

Except it never has! Nobody bothers to actually check with anyone that knows about NXT.
The "nothing at stake" problem has never been solved by NXT. Well, if somebody can explain to me how the nothing at stake attack actually would work on NXT where you need to have a stake to be able to forge the block, maybe there is something to it.

However, when I write a thoughtful response to how NXT does have something at stake, all I get is that has nothing to do with mining on multiple chains.

People are so convinced NXT has to be bad because less than 100 people got the entire initial stake. However, it turns out that this dynamic could have been one of the critical factors in its success. The reason is that if you have a million dollars worth of anything, you tend to work pretty hard to protect it, nurture it, grow it. That is what happened. A culture of helping each other and generous grants are commonplace. This all stems from the precedent BCnext set by simply giving it away at the beginning. OK, he charged a symbolic 21 BTC, which was his goal to get 1 millionth of the total possible BTC, that is one reason it stopped early. he could have certainly been a better communicator. However none of that detracts from the fact that NXT works.

James

I really think nobody but you guys and some trolls care about this.  You are projecting your insecurities onto people who are not articulating them.  If NXT is useful, the tokens are valuable.  The question is, how useful is it in the context of all the other 2.0 contenders around it.   Don't complain about other players, just build and learn as fast as you can.  It's always appeared to me thats what you were doing and I look forward to seeing the results.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:28:51 AM

I dont intend to sell below market. I am just noticing the XCP core devs are doing stuff they never did before, eg. talking in a way about NXT that makes people believe the wrong thing about NXT. I dont know what you call that, but that seems kind of attacky. I am just defending. If you read back through the recent posts you will see that specific mention is made of these issues, I am not just making it up out of my paranoia!

As one of the largest NXT holders now, things like that affect me. Now when I have a meaningful stake in XCP and the XCP core devs are doing this, then it is clear my hopes that the two platforms can work together will not have much of a chance of happening. So, that means it is going to be NXT vs XCP in some sense and I dont want to be in a conflicted situation where part of me wants XCP to succeed since I have so much of it, but of course I have more NXT so that part wants NXT to succeed

I guess when I realized that XCP is changing its tune from the early days, I decided to divest.

James

P.S. I have been working as hard as I can, I only left the confines of the NXT forum because people asked for help to defend NXT against the XCP core devs who were trash talking it. I read and reached a conclusion. If only they didnt trashtalk NXT, then this would not have happened.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:37:52 AM

Is this how next spread their adoption? By spamming on other coins thread.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:44:59 AM

The NXT forging algorithm is a complete fraud.

-bm

Seems below you to post such FUD, by I guess at this point your reputation is lower than you coding skills.
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:53:30 AM

James,
I just checked your recent posts - You have four in this thread since april, I've quoted them all below.  I'm really confused, you said you'd been fighting but you've responded to me more than anyone else, much less the devs.

So again, what are you talking about?  Am I crazy?  Do I not see all the posts on your history?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=177323;sa=showPosts;start=0

I dont intend to sell below market. I am just noticing the XCP core devs are doing stuff they never did before, eg. talking in a way about NXT that makes people believe the wrong thing about NXT. I dont know what you call that, but that seems kind of attacky. I am just defending. If you read back through the recent posts you will see that specific mention is made of these issues, I am not just making it up out of my paranoia!

As one of the largest NXT holders now, things like that affect me. Now when I have a meaningful stake in XCP and the XCP core devs are doing this, then it is clear my hopes that the two platforms can work together will not have much of a chance of happening. So, that means it is going to be NXT vs XCP in some sense and I dont want to be in a conflicted situation where part of me wants XCP to succeed since I have so much of it, but of course I have more NXT so that part wants NXT to succeed

I guess when I realized that XCP is changing its tune from the early days, I decided to divest.

James

P.S. I have been working as hard as I can, I only left the confines of the NXT forum because people asked for help to defend NXT against the XCP core devs who were trash talking it. I read and reached a conclusion. If only they didnt trashtalk NXT, then this would not have happened.

Edit:  I just noticed this

At the 56:50 mark:  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltb94-privacy-and-the-arts/ complete FUD and untruths...and thousands of people repeat the same thing confidently like parrots...Nxt is significantly different than peercoin POS, any other proof of stake and the fundamental the code base which is written in java. Nxt is has decentralized as you can get from marketing, development and all other initiatives. Shame on Adam for passive action in letting that smear fly by...You devs have to realize your power and take better responsibility!

1 - I'm not a dev
3 - I publicize my personal email on literally every episode including that one, and I didn't recieve a single note in complaint about this.  Why complain here, but not to the person who can actually help?
4 - Are you saying he's wrong?  NXT does not use Checkpoints currently or in the past?

I really like NXT but honestly you guys smell conspiracy EVERYWHERE and it gets annoying.  People are just busy, we don't have fact checkers hell I don't have ANY employees so i'm a little curious what you'd have me do.  NXT has an open invitation to do an interview or join us for a host segment on LTB, but you guys don't have many confident speakers I guess as I've had no takers outside of the early and not very compelling interviews with Tai Zen (which ran) and aaron (which didn't).  

If you want people to know whats going on with your project, explain it to them in a way they can understand.  Otherwise it's confusing to people on the outside and annoying to people on the inside.

James

things like:

James

I burned about 0.45% of XCP

I have been a quiet supporter but now that the XCP devs are making statements against other coins without actually understanding the details, well I can no longer support XCP.

Things must be getting pretty desperate if core devs have to start trash talking NXT.

WTS 12000+ XCP. I dont have exact count they are still in the original burner accts, 12 full BTC burns toward the end of the burn period.

There is so little liquidity for XCP, I dont want to hurt the price by dumping it on the exchanges. I just do not want to have any more XCP when the core devs are resorting to repeating unsubstantiated FUD without even engaging in a technical discussion. "nothing at stake" rhymes with "proof of stake" so it must be true. Well, that is no way for technical leads of a major project to behave. If that is the depth of their thinking, then I worry about what else they have skimped on.

PM me if you want to buy at least one burner acct.

James

P.S. for those who want to actually analyze some part of NXT http://www.docdroid.net/cckd/forging0-4-3.pdf.html has some math, but it doesnt rhyme.

Ola

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:58:49 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 05:26:05 AM by Ola

I step a way for a second and James in his usual machine like manner has addressed most of these issues...

Is this how next spread their adoption? By spamming on other coins thread.

so its ok too have core devs state untrue facts and not have anyone address these things? do you realize that there are a lot of nxters who are also counterparty burners Huh? so technically we support this project

1 - I'm not a dev
3 - I publicize my personal email on literally every episode including that one, and I didn't recieve a single note in complaint about this.  Why complain here, but not to the person who can actually help?
4 - Are you saying he's wrong?  NXT does not use Checkpoints currently or in the past?

I really like NXT but honestly you guys smell conspiracy EVERYWHERE and it gets annoying.  People are just busy, we don't have fact checkers hell I don't have ANY employees so i'm a little curious what you'd have me do.  NXT has an open invitation to do an interview or join us for a host segment on LTB, but you guys don't have many confident speakers I guess as I've had no takers outside of the early and not very compelling interviews with Tai Zen (which ran) and aaron (which didn't).  

If you want people to know whats going on with your project, explain it to them in a way they can understand.  Otherwise it's confusing to people on the outside and annoying to people on the inside.

I can admit that I made some assumptions that i will clear up:

1) Maybe I wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to you as a dev, but rather someone who understands the environment enough to be objective in analysis which is important to your audience. you are also seen as an authority in this space, you may not admit it but your thorough journalism gives you the authority, and anything that comes out of the show, especially criticism about certain technologies will be taken as truths...just asked the 10s of parrots I keep having to deal with at these meetups...and one thing is common all roads lead to LTB in their some of their arguments sources

2) I could have sworn you knew at least that nxt is very decentralized...a statement such as "nxt is not a solution to the decentralized consensus system" is very inaccurate, thats like comparing NXT to Paypal...Thats a very powerful thing to say that shapes the mind of the public...do you know how many people repeat that same line confidently to me in person? even when I give them the right information...and their sources is usually from that one podcast...
from your sentiment here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5855525#msg5855525 , you were even considering NXT as an option to counterparty at one point in time, why would you consider issue tokens on a platform that was not decentralized?Huh..My point is, I don't think that statement from peter todd should have been uttered uncontested...it has had damaging and far reaching effects

3) It was not my intent to start anything on this thread...the level of confident ignorance being regurgitated got too much to bear, normally I stay out of these things. I simply came here to check on the progress of counterparty because I am actually invested in it, but instead I find vitriolic attack masked as genuine criticism

4) and like james already retorted Nxt never has or ever will use checkpointing...to compare Nxt algo to peercoin without any actual research and broadcast that on air is unacceptable.

Better yet you state that dev are too busy with their own projects, well thats fine and dandy how about the supposed devs staying out from commenting on unfamiliar technology as opposed to reinforcing untrue notions, or actually asking them if they have looked deeply into Nxt?Huh?? Devs at least take the time time to do some research before even delving into the topic...I say this because you rush to defend these action as inconsequential but you are intelligent enough to understand the effects of the public authority opinions on general masses

Now its no use crying over spilt milk..and we possibly cannot inform every user of the facts everywhere on the misinformation of nxt...but some Nxters can make a difference here especially with counterparty. I know I certainly can, plus others that have contacted me. Nobody wants to see a > 60000 XCP sell wall below price...I care for XCP more than mastercoin as strange as it sounds...and I want it to realize its full potential..for me the more the merrier...but I did not expect that level of irresponsibility from the devs. I thought they were more objective and thorough than that...We just want informed criticisms if there are to be any... the issue of distribution might be one, but we end up with massive inequalities either way on each and every coin...xcp had a way better distribution mechanism, but we still have inequalities that can wreck havoc on the price in the short term, its the same for bitcoin litecoin, darkcoin etc...the list goes on...

Edit: for those who may not have the time to research and need quick truthful information you can listen to this podcast at the 45 min mark: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-5-delegates-and-forgers

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:14:22 AM

-bm

Hello, scammer.

Will you return one million NXTs you scammed from NXT community?

Just a million?  Drop in the bucket.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:27:44 AM

-bm

Hello, scammer.

you can pay for him then?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:33:38 AM

-bm

Hello, scammer.

you can pay for him then?

2 questions.

1.  Why in the world would I ever pay for some con artists scam when I have no relationship to either him or those ripped off?
2. Why the hell are NXT users spamming this thread?  Begone please.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:28:11 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 07:43:55 AM by deliciousowl

I really don't understand this flood of NXt posts here...

I mean, I was fairly interested in NXT, but they ended their funding process sooner than officially announced. As a result, 71 addresses owned 100% of the coins. On top of that, proof-of-stake rewards those who are holding the most coins.

This is more unfair than all the childish "I'm going to sell all XCP I got!" threats here. I mean, if you're ready to dump your stock so quickly simply because of a personal disagreement and/or misunderstanding based on vague forum posts, then I would be scared for NXT holders worldwide. What if you suddenly decide to dump those? Besides, if I wanted a currency where 10% own 50% and the rich get richer, I'd stick to the U.S. Dollar...

bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:53:04 AM

NXT is yesterdays news,

NEM is being relaesed in a week, fair distribution and uses proof of importance

Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:54:50 AM

Why are we talking about Nxt here ?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:07:50 AM

Why are we talking about Nxt here ?

Coz the XCP main devs started talking FUD about NXT two days ago.

Now NXT people counterattack.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:19:14 AM

By the way, don't see Nxt as a "weaker" protocol but as a good example for our future trajectory.

1/ Nxt was arguably despised months ago, because of unfair IPO - I was very angry and upset when they closed IPO, I had prepared anything to buy the days after. I eventually bought the first day on Dgex.

Now it is third. They kept on evoluting.

What differenciate shitcoins from successful altcoins ?
They evolve. And CP evolves every week.

Now XCP is despised, even by double XCP-NxT holders threatening to sell big amounts for absurd reasons..."Buy when there is blood on the street";
Tomorrow XCP will easily be on the spotlight. Everything is possible. And what if Devs succeed in using 3 coins (Litecoins, Darkcoins....) instead of only BTC, depending on purposes (Betting, CFD...) ? Nxt will become useless, until they evolve themseleves again.

2/ I am amongst top burners but XCP is my "worst" investment, only 4X, and my average is 60X. It is on the contrary my "best" investment because the one with best potential to realize now.
Why it doesn't make at least 60 X at the moment, despite fundamentals (First mover, Unique tech, good name, skilled devs, community...) ?

Because nobody is able to explain and to see why it has value and "If I buy now, how much I will earn ?"
It is the most easy to do now ! No need to marketing if you can't even convince relationships to invest ! it is easier to convince to invest in Nxt, Darkcoin or Monero than XCP !
Don't lose time with Tech comparison if it can't explain in 3 words why it will soar value.

The only "real number" I saw, in spite of insisting, was 0,5 XCP by assets...It means perhaps scarcity in 200 years....
Even main Devs don't want to answer. They feel it is innapropriate BUT They are forgetting that they are leaders and gurus. As I wrote yesterday, we are loosing 90 % of people landing here , and so projects, traders and investors. I don't believe in sudden and magic interest for people without basic actions. The vast majority doesn't know how to finds assets in CP !!! IT IS A SHEER SHAME !

3/ Why having and buying XCP, what to expect ?:

Best punchline : ?

Non economical / Fundamentals :
+ top devs (competent, publicly known AND totally honnests, remember how they handled losts, paid from their own pockets)
+ unique technology,
+ First Proof of Burn, means the most fair and optimized distribution, with no instamine or premine possible
+ gigantic market (Assets, CFD...)
+ unique community,
+ betting function, betting site perfectly working : xbet.io,
+ No direct competitors
+ Private
+ blockscan
+ Code inspected by XXX

Financial
+ Only 2M coins. It will never rise (On the contrary with burnings for assets)
+ XCP is already a success and already made 4X
+ First big IPO with Swarm - X,000 BTC
+ X assets, and growing. List of (real) assets here :
+ Trading with XCP on the distributed exchange is (and always will be) cheaper and 700 % faster than with BTC
+ You can use only XCP for making bets, CFDs and asset callbacks. Forthcoming complex features and financial instruments will also likely be restricted to denomination in XCP.
+ All future proof-of-stake voting, e.g. for protocol changes, voting functionality, DACs, etc. is determined by XCP holdings.

Will XCP > 100$ ?
- Yes because it is tied to BTC, the leader, which is going mainstream now. CP is the next logic natural step, not Litecoin, nor Peercoin, nor any substitute.
- Last opportunity to become a big balance and having futur rights, interests, dividends...

Why only 2$ now ?
- Never had marketing actions. Only starting marketing actions. link to the last news and events :
- Prefer to focus on Technology until now. By the way, It remembers me early hours of Google or Facebook when they were critisized having no financial strategy, no idea on how to make money.
- The first pump that every coin have sooner or later has never been done yet. Never know when it starts.
- Wallet online and not on windows for the moment. Perfectly working but a huge psychological hurdle for almost every investors ("Not really owning my money / it can disappear"). Nxt made 3X as soon as Windows was effective.

I hope it is usefull. Please help me, I am not the best one to do this, be more precise than me ! :-)

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:35:26 AM

NXT is yesterdays news,

NEM is being relaesed in a week, fair distribution and uses proof of importance

I wanted the Counterparty equivalent for NXT, NEM might be it. Lets see.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: