Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xpay

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:02:19 AM

Hi Xnova,  one question and one suggestion.

question: When Multi-sig function will be finished?

suggestion: Is it possible to add message function on counterwallet?  i think it is and useful and needful function. After the buyer sending a message to the online shop owner , the owner can distinguish the money for which order. 

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:20:21 AM

Let's donate BTC to Counterparty / Counterwallet development (the button on counterwallet), and claim a powerful vps for crypto projects a year : http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29x3gl/i_want_to_help_bitcoin_projects_so_im_giving_away/
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:47:15 AM

suggestion: Is it possible to add message function on counterwallet?  i think it is and useful and needful function. After the buyer sending a message to the online shop owner , the owner can distinguish the money for which order.  

+1

There's all ready an open chat, but it would be useful to send a private message too. One approach, of course, would be to implement a message system internally in counterwallet. Another way would be to specify recipient(s) of a Counterparty broadcast (this is not possible now, or is it?).

E.g. in the list of broadcasts I found this; "SEBUH Will be shipping out all miners in first batc". This broadcast could be sent to all holders of SEBUH, so when these open counterwallet next time they would see it. Because the blockchain is public, everyone else could see it too though, so privacy will still be zero unless a message can be encrypted somehow.

http://www.blockscan.com/tx.aspx?q=16881

Possibility: May Counterparty Broadcast become the Bitcoin equivialent of Twitter?

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
rapport

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:52:53 AM

Suggestion: leave enough BTC to cover at least 1 set of fees when a user gets a new asset.  It's a pretty poor experience to get an asset and find out that it can't really be transferred immediately.  Fees for 1 transfer will improve usability, and after it is used, a message could be displayed that further transfers will require depositing more BTC.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:57:09 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 11:28:25 AM by deliciousowl

Will the protocol have a built in random number generator? It would also be possible to play rock paper scissors against the protocol itself...

beida

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:24:39 AM

what is LTBCOIN?
cityglut

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:14:23 AM

Suggestion: leave enough BTC to cover at least 1 set of fees when a user gets a new asset.  It's a pretty poor experience to get an asset and find out that it can't really be transferred immediately.  Fees for 1 transfer will improve usability, and after it is used, a message could be displayed that further transfers will require depositing more BTC.

Whom are you suggesting should leave the fee when a user gets a new asset? Or are you suggesting that a user should need to have twice the BTC dust  at his address in order to create an asset, so that he'll also be able to send it in another transaction?
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:08:17 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 01:27:07 PM by xnova

Hi Xnova,  one question and one suggestion.

suggestion: Is it possible to add message function on counterwallet?  i think it is and useful and needful function. After the buyer sending a message to the online shop owner , the owner can distinguish the money for which order.  

Multisig support is mostly implemented now, but will require an in-depth security audit (which will be done by Peter Todd, most likely) before we push the code even into the develop branch, as it touches some pretty sensitive areas (e.g. validity checking of transaction inputs).

Regarding the messaging functionality, that's something we'd need to talk about internally. Generally, we are overall rather flexible with adding features if there is enough community support behind them. However, our scope for Counterparty is to be a financial platform. Messaging may be able to play a role in that, possibly, but we need to discuss it some more, and see a high amount of community demand for the feature...

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
fractastical

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:08:08 PM

Regarding the messaging functionality, that's something we'd need to talk about internally. Generally, we are overall rather flexible with adding features if there is enough community support behind them. However, our scope for Counterparty is to be a financial platform. Messaging may be able to play a role in that, possibly, but we need to discuss it some more, and see a high amount of community demand for the feature...

Is there some way we can setup some sort of distributed voting system to assess the demand for particular features?

jay_pilch

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:58:52 PM

I'm trying to access my counterwallet.

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_asset_names; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Any advice?

Addit:
I'll try again later, probably syncing the blockchain or something
xpay

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:03:52 PM

Multisig support is mostly implemented now, but will require an in-depth security audit (which will be done by Peter Todd, most likely) before we push the code even into the develop branch, as it touches some pretty sensitive areas (e.g. validity checking of transaction inputs).

Hi Xnova,

Thanks for the quick reply.

For private messaging function, you'd better voting for it.

I think it is important, let me explain.

For now , ecommerce are so hot. There are a lot of shipping carts, such as magento, zencart, opencart, prestashop, shopify bigcommerce etc.

So many shipping carts, it is impossible to make xcp payment gateway for them.  even though the shop owner want to accept xcp, btc and other assets, but the shop owner don't have enough Technical strength to integration it.

if buyer send xcp to shop owner account directly, the shop owner can't distinguish the transation for which order. For example Client A send XCP, client B can tell shop owner that he send the xcp and let shop owner send goods to him.  

Shop owner can't distinguish who is the real sender.

If there have private  messaging function, the buyer can send shop owner a message, such as " my order id is #123".  thus the shop owner can easy to distinguish which orders are paid and which are not.

The shop owner don't need to add any script.  it is so easy.

Maybe some one say "we can use signed message”, signed the message and send it by email.  
But i think private message is better than sign message.

if there have more than 1000 online shops accept xcp or other xcp assets , counterparty will have a bright future.
jrmg

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:04:07 PM

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_asset_names; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Any advice?

Chrome auto log out and get message "server is updating". Maybe need only wait.
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:04:09 PM

Any advice?

We had to implement a hotfix in counterpartyd on production. The counterwallet servers are now rebuilding on the blockchain. Should take about 30 minutes at the most before things are ready for login again.

xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:07:57 PM

Hi Xnova,

For now , ecommerce are so hot. There are a lot of shipping carts, such as magento, zencart, opencart, prestashop, shopify bigcommerce etc.

So many shipping carts, it is impossible to make xcp payment gateway for them.  even though the shop owner want to accept xcp, btc and other assets, but the shop owner don't have enough Technical strength to integration it.

if buyer send xcp to shop owner account directly, the shop owner can't distinguish the transation for which order. For example Client A send XCP, client B can tell shop owner that he send the xcp and let shop owner send goods to him.  

If there have private  messaging function, the buyer can send shop owner a message, such as " my order id is #123".  thus the shop owner can easy to distinguish which orders are paid and which are not.

Maybe some one say "we can use signed message”, signed the message and send it by email.  

if there have more than 1000 online shops accept xcp or other xcp assets , counterparty will have a bright future.

How is this not already possible today via email, or twister? I'd rather not Counterparty have a bunch of arbitrary messaging, being a Financial platform, and those messages being on the blockchain itself. 

Two main issues:

1. The shop keeper could just as easily tell the people to email him their address to match the payments, if you took this approach. With email, it uses tools people already know, and is available to everyone, rather than only to people using a counterparty wallet with messaging support implemented
2. this approach is poor in the first place. We will have a merchant API soon where purchase support can be built right into shopping carts, to give a much more integrated approach. The overall experience will work like something like bitpay (e.g. via gyft, or some other service that uses it)

PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:23:04 PM

Is there some way we can setup some sort of distributed voting system to assess the demand for particular features?

Messaging is very easy to implement in Counterparty. In fact, it's already possible: you just encrypt messages with the recipients public key before broadcasting them! It's just a question of UIs and our development priorities. Our primary goal is universal financial freedom.

With regard to voting for features: Absolutely! Of course, we can do this today the same way you did. We definitely are going to implement a protocol-level voting system though. (Voting systems get complicated quickly, however. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow%27s_impossibility_theorem.)

After that, we'll develop proof-of-stake code self-modification, so that users can vote trustlessly on magic numbers in the protocol (such as issuance fees). (Now that's a DAC!)
xpay

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:27:44 PM

Hi Xnova,

How is this not already possible today via email, or twister? I'd rather not Counterparty have a bunch of arbitrary messaging, being a Financial platform, and those messages being on the blockchain itself. 

Two main issues:

1. The shop keeper could just as easily tell the people to email him their address to match the payments, if you took this approach. With email, it uses tools people already know, and is available to everyone, rather than only to people using a counterparty wallet with messaging support implemented

For each transaction, everyone can see the sender and destination's account.
Person A send xcp, Person B can send receiver an email before person A  and declaring that "it is me sent the xcp. my account is xxxxx (Person A's account)"

How to do deal with it?

2. this approach is poor in the first place. We will have a merchant API soon where purchase support can be built right into shopping carts, to give a much more integrated approach. The overall experience will work like something like bitpay (e.g. via gyft, or some other service that uses it)

Maybe merchant API is a good idea.  eager to see it.

baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:48:04 AM

Click the links to find out!  In short, it is a currency created by Let's Talk Bitcoin, a podcast run by Adam Levine which is long-running and successful (i.e., it has sponsors, i.e. people or companies who pay to have their advertisements placed in the podcasts).  People who contribute content to the podcast (on-air talent, behind the scenes/production members, etc.), and to the LetsTalkBitcoin ecosystem in general (forum members, etc.), are rewarded with LTBCoin for their contributions.  Let's Talk Bitcoin sponsors will be limited to ONLY being able to purchase advertising with LTBCoin.  In this way, a market is created for purchasers of LTBCoin.

E.g. let's say that an ad on the podcast costs 1000 LTBCoin.  Prior to the creation of LTBCoin, the cost for an ad on the podcast cost $500.  Somebody wanting to place an ad on the podcast will now have to purchase 1000 LTBCoin on the open market (which is basically the Counterparty DEX, although other exchanges could pick it up as well).  This creates a rough value of $0.50 per LTBCoin.

New LTBCoins will be distributed for several years, although after that distribution period, all coins will have been distributed and the LTBCoin economy will rely on recycled coins (sponsors send coins to Let's Talk Bitcoin to pay for ads, and Let's Talk Bitcoin distributes those coins to contributors).  Since LTBCoin lives entirely on Counterparty, there is no mining and essentially no cost to the LTBCoin creators or holders.  (Other than BTC transaction fees, of course.)

I believe that this is a fantastic idea, and that it could well see widespread adoption throughout the digital media universe.  Basically any site which has: A) Contributors and B) Advertisers can create their own coin and follow this model.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
rapport

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:21:25 AM

Whom are you suggesting should leave the fee when a user gets a new asset? Or are you suggesting that a user should need to have twice the BTC dust  at his address in order to create an asset, so that he'll also be able to send it in another transaction?

I was thinking the distributor.  I don't know the details, but when an asset is distributed the very first time, a user gets BTC dust: if the dust was bigger so it included a fee, a user would be able to immediately transfer the asset.
wellerco

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:45:51 PM

Hi All.

I wanted to share a post I wrote up called "How to Secure LTBcoin (or any Counterparty Asset) with an Offline Paper Wallet"

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/secure-ltbcoin-paper-wallet

This post details the steps needed to backup a Counterparty Asset to a paper wallet.  The examples show LTBcoin, but the process applies to any Counterparty asset.

mindtomatter

Activity: 434

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

Click the links to find out!  In short, it is a currency created by Let's Talk Bitcoin, a podcast run by Adam Levine which is long-running and successful (i.e., it has sponsors, i.e. people or companies who pay to have their advertisements placed in the podcasts).  People who contribute content to the podcast (on-air talent, behind the scenes/production members, etc.), and to the LetsTalkBitcoin ecosystem in general (forum members, etc.), are rewarded with LTBCoin for their contributions.  Let's Talk Bitcoin sponsors will be limited to ONLY being able to purchase advertising with LTBCoin.  In this way, a market is created for purchasers of LTBCoin.

E.g. let's say that an ad on the podcast costs 1000 LTBCoin.  Prior to the creation of LTBCoin, the cost for an ad on the podcast cost $500.  Somebody wanting to place an ad on the podcast will now have to purchase 1000 LTBCoin on the open market (which is basically the Counterparty DEX, although other exchanges could pick it up as well).  This creates a rough value of $0.50 per LTBCoin.

New LTBCoins will be distributed for several years, although after that distribution period, all coins will have been distributed and the LTBCoin economy will rely on recycled coins (sponsors send coins to Let's Talk Bitcoin to pay for ads, and Let's Talk Bitcoin distributes those coins to contributors).  Since LTBCoin lives entirely on Counterparty, there is no mining and essentially no cost to the LTBCoin creators or holders.  (Other than BTC transaction fees, of course.)

I believe that this is a fantastic idea, and that it could well see widespread adoption throughout the digital media universe.  Basically any site which has: A) Contributors and B) Advertisers can create their own coin and follow this model.

This guy gets it Smiley  We'll also be open-sourcing our platform and tools in the near future, I want to see an ecosystem of these coins sprout up and we intend to seed the field.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: