Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 394 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinye [KOI/COYE] You can't kill a gayfish.  (Read 715696 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

Yeah, and how is that lawsuit thing going, did they ever find those devs that were you know, out of US jurisdiction and stuff? And apparently none of you know what bullet-proof hosting is...

And you don't reckon that Kanye's image rights are protected in countries other than the US?

Bullet-proof hosting is irrelevant. Regardless of whether Kanye can actually shut the exchanges down, it's obvious that the coin can never gain any legitimacy if you're breaking the law by using it. I'm talking about using it to actually buy things, not trading it on some two-bit exchange hosted in the middle of nowhere. People seem to forget that buying stuff is what currency is for...

Exactly. Without proper compliance and legit exchanges involved, there can be no widespread acceptance of such a coin.

The devs could have made this work with a formal announcement of something like Koi coin (with the samuari fish logo) early oh when the C&D was sent to them......if they had complied, the media would still have reported on the new legit name and logo but it seems the devs only ever wanted a quick buck on this one. Then you have the pop-up mining pools, pop-up exchange, multiple names and logos just before launch to obfuscate everything........there was at least 4 different names and 4 different logos going around the sites prior to launch.

This looks like a classic pump and dump. Arrange interviews with the media and create fake hype. Keep changing names/logos to divert intentions and draw in new marks. Entice miners with all kinds of BS offers. Double coin output and do a huge premine at the last minute. Hopefully you've drawn in enough marks to meet the petition criteria to get it on cryptsy now. Dump the premine the second it gets on cryptsy.

Seems like this was the plan with Coinye.

And why exactly are you arguing against a coin's existence that you aren't even mining? Do you do this for all coins? I would never imagine myself going into other coins' threads and talking each one down. It seems something more is driving you to feel the need to speak out against a coin. What is that exactly? I'm just curious.

This is the main phenomenon I have yet to understand in this subreddit. I can only imagine it is out of bitterness somehow, the feeling of missing out on something that might offer others prosperity and so the last resort is to shoot down any future it could have to trick your brain into not having remorse for not mining a coin in its early days.
Seriously, that's the only reason why I can imagine people do this.

I'm not talking about that. I'm concerned that such large publicity of what happened here could turn the masses off cryptos in the long run and that's bad for everyone in this thread. I assume everyone here wants to make good returns on coins they're invested in right ? A simple change on this coin early on could've had it on legit exchanges by now with mass publicity behind it........instead the devs went for quick pump and dump and flushed it down the toilet.

You shouldn't be concerned then. 99% of the masses won't know this coin was 0.37% premined, nor would they even care if they did find out and discover the dynamics of pre-mines, instamines, and fair launches. It just won't matter to them, as long as they have Coinyes they are happy.

You should be concerned that while a pre-mine did happen to this coin, it has taken on a life of its own in the media and no longer resembles the coin you are basing your arguments on. The original devs are gone and the community at large is driving this coin forward by utilizing the immense publicity it has and the tight connections it has already formed with various media outlets that will happily announce any new happenings with Coinyes on a whim. It's a no brainer to keep this coin alive as an experiment for cryptocurrencies' perception with the media and the crowds it can attract. There is actually a large market potential it can capture that bitcoin and dogecoin cannot; the pop-culture, trendy, hip-hop, hipster, smartphone using crowd that is at the same time not very computer-tech savvy. It's very obvious to those who realize it and there are devs hard at work behind the scenes because this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

So if this new crypto called KOIN that i think is lame shares the exact same blockchain as Coinye, you could fill your Coinye wallet with Koin? I really dont see why anyone invented that

It's just a redesign and renaming of the wallet. The whole idea is just to avoid the lawsuit.
I think we should all vote how to rename it. All these stupid names for coins. Just think about it a bit longer and come up with something cool. Thats just how I feel. Koin is related to the Koi-fish? I hate fish! Smiley
atheistftwins

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

So if this new crypto called KOIN that i think is lame shares the exact same blockchain as Coinye, you could fill your Coinye wallet with Koin? I really dont see why anyone invented that

It's just a redesign and renaming of the wallet. The whole idea is just to avoid the lawsuit.
I think we should all vote how to rename it. All these stupid names for coins. Just think about it a bit longer and come up with something cool. Thats just how I feel. Koin is related to the Koi-fish? I hate fish! Smiley

I agree that it rebranding it Koin is stupid and nobody will buy it. Coinye is in the unfortunate position of not wanting legal troubles because it keeps the exchanges away but at the same time wanting it, because the legal situation is fueling literally all the hype for it. It currently sits on that precipace and awaits new developments that could push it one way or the other.
TFT_Crypto

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:42:39 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 09:29:04 PM by TFT_Crypto

Yeah, and how is that lawsuit thing going, did they ever find those devs that were you know, out of US jurisdiction and stuff? And apparently none of you know what bullet-proof hosting is...

And you don't reckon that Kanye's image rights are protected in countries other than the US?

Bullet-proof hosting is irrelevant. Regardless of whether Kanye can actually shut the exchanges down, it's obvious that the coin can never gain any legitimacy if you're breaking the law by using it. I'm talking about using it to actually buy things, not trading it on some two-bit exchange hosted in the middle of nowhere. People seem to forget that buying stuff is what currency is for...

Exactly. Without proper compliance and legit exchanges involved, there can be no widespread acceptance of such a coin.

The devs could have made this work with a formal announcement of something like Koi coin (with the samuari fish logo) early oh when the C&D was sent to them......if they had complied, the media would still have reported on the new legit name and logo but it seems the devs only ever wanted a quick buck on this one. Then you have the pop-up mining pools, pop-up exchange, multiple names and logos just before launch to obfuscate everything........there was at least 4 different names and 4 different logos going around the sites prior to launch.

This looks like a classic pump and dump. Arrange interviews with the media and create fake hype. Keep changing names/logos to divert intentions and draw in new marks. Entice miners with all kinds of BS offers. Double coin output and do a huge premine at the last minute. Hopefully you've drawn in enough marks to meet the petition criteria to get it on cryptsy now. Dump the premine the second it gets on cryptsy.

And why exactly are you arguing against a coin's existence that you aren't even mining? Do you do this for all coins? I would never imagine myself going into other coins' threads and talking each one down. It seems something more is driving you to feel the need to speak out against a coin. What is that exactly? I'm just curious.

This is the main phenomenon I have yet to understand in this subreddit. I can only imagine it is out of bitterness somehow, the feeling of missing out on something that might offer others prosperity and so the last resort is to shoot down any future it could have to trick your brain into not having remorse for not mining a coin in its early days.

I'm not talking about that. I'm concerned that such large publicity of what happened here could turn the masses off cryptos in the long run and that's bad for everyone in this thread. I assume everyone here wants to make good returns on coins they're invested in right ? A simple change on this coin early on could've had it on legit exchanges by now with mass publicity behind it........instead the devs went for quick pump and dump and flushed it down the toilet.

You shouldn't be concerned then. 99% of the masses won't know this coin was 0.37% premined, nor would they even care if they did find out and discover the dynamics of pre-mines, instamines, and fair launches. It just won't matter to them, as long as they have Coinyes they are happy.

You should be concerned that while a pre-mine did happen to this coin, it has taken on a life of its own in the media and no longer resembles the coin you are basing your arguments on. The original devs are gone and the community at large is driving this coin forward by utilizing the immense publicity it has and the tight connections it has already formed with various media outlets that will happily announce any new happenings with Coinyes on a whim. It's a no brainer to keep this coin alive as an experiment for cryptocurrencies' perception with the media and the crowds it can attract. There is actually a large market potential it can capture that bitcoin and dogecoin cannot; the pop-culture, trendy, hip-hop, hipster, smartphone using crowd that is at the same time not very computer-tech savvy. It's very obvious to those who realize it and there are devs hard at work behind the scenes because this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Well I certainly agree with you about the market potential and because this is the first "celebrity crypto" it would've been huge if done right. Imagine if the devs had met them in the middle with a 50-50 split of the premine or something.........250,000,000 coins each. Kanye could be hyping the shit out of the coin by now with the original logo intact. The devs said in an interview that they wanted Kanye to name drop the coin and promote it but they weren't prepared to give him anything. Then they offered him 100,000 coins of their 500,000,000 premine. You're dealing with business people here and that's no way to do business, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
ratcatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

This coin is the first one after bitcoin, litecoin that have a lot of media attention that we could use.

When I first heard of KanyeCoin (as was), I was convinced it was a put-up job - a carefully orchestrated fake battle in the full glare of the media spotlight, designed to create publicity for both the artist (whoever he is) and the currency.

I still regard that as a possibility.

And, yes, if that's a serious offer I'll take you up on it.

KOI/COYE: 5eFMV3xc46Kb62pjNJDkb2j7sFxhnaud3L
AUR: AaTcMBRoBHD7i48bLaE8QZXF3smF1bSwk9
MOON: 2JWdEG6RHwZq8edB4iLJ4F8HT782eP3gYe
connycoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:01:50 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 09:44:01 PM by connycoin

This coin is the first one after bitcoin, litecoin that have a lot of media attention that we could use.

When I first heard of KanyeCoin (as was), I was convinced it was a put-up job - a carefully orchestrated fake battle in the full glare of the media spotlight, designed to create publicity for both the artist (whoever he is) and the currency.

I still regard that as a possibility.

And, yes, if that's a serious offer I'll take you up on it.

Don't  worry, the offer is serious! The ball must rolling on.... Let us spread this shit, so everybody will be a part of it!

And if that done, everbody that support this coin will make good money, when some time passend by...

Damnd I got a lot of time... ;-)
zeroherozero

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

Hey everybody,

Sry for my broken engl., but i've got to say something!

I'm one of these "stupid" miners who keep Coinye alive, and i'm come from the EU. And i have to ask the coinye haters:"To hell, who is Kanye"!?
I read the hold threat, and i can't und understand you're probs!? This coin is the first one after bitcoin, litecoin that have a lot of media attention that we could use.

Stop fill this threat with you're personal thinking etc., and let us (the one, that believe in this coin) work...

The first ten replay's to this post, can send me a pm and get tommorow evening (when i'm home again) 5k COINYE for free!

So long...

Connycoin [EU] ;-)

I agree. VHS vs. BETA. It's the market saturation and media attention, not the usability that matters. I work in advertising. Coinye has a future.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:30:16 PM

WTB per 3 satoshi

Need 5m

PM me

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
oktay50000

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:43:31 PM

what is preventing coye hit exchanges?Huh?

when  legal issues will be over???
tired of bullshits
this coin is very good and has its own potentiel...why devs dont use its power....
sorry for my english  Grin

fist dev was coward.....he know this will happen because  of the fukin kayne west name....and he left coin to die

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:44:40 PM

tired of bullshits
this coin is very good and has its own potentiel...why devs dont use its power....

fist dev was coward.....he know this will happen because  of the fukin kayne west name....and he left coin to die
Tomorrow it will be at exchange Smiley

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
oktay50000

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:50:41 PM

tired of bullshits

Tomorrow it will be at exchange Smiley

source?Huh??
and which exchange?

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
connycoin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

Good work dude... All together we can make it fat, fat like the fattest gayfish the hold world eher seen!!"

RbelMonstr

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Anyone seen this yet?

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/01/ars-readers-react-to-targets-pos-snafu-and-mining-coinye-coins/
aircrusan

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

Well I certainly agree with you about the market potential and because this is the first "celebrity crypto" it would've been huge if done right. Imagine if the devs had met them in the middle with a 50-50 split of the premine or something.........250,000,000 coins each. Kanye could be hyping the shit out of the coin by now with the original logo intact. The devs said in an interview that they wanted Kanye to name drop the coin and promote it but they weren't prepared to give him anything. Then they offered him 100,000 coins of their 500,000,000 premine. You're dealing with business people here and that's no way to do business, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If this celebrity accept to take part into this coin Project instead of fighting it... then it would skyrocket the Price!  Shocked
connycoin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:34:39 PM

+1

But he don't need the Money...  Roll Eyes We have to make it big by the community!

Let us use the mediahype!!!
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:59:20 PM

For all retards that did not get it yet - Coinye is dead. Stop wasting your hash.
connycoin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:09:29 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 11:31:16 PM by connycoin

For all retards that did not get it yet - Coinye is dead. Stop wasting your hash.

Are you a Bitcoin bagholder..? 0.47 GH/s is not much but it isn't dead? We'll Start from here, everybody is welcome to mine this Coin!

metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:41:17 PM

Still mining just for fun Smiley you just never know
FredFlintstone

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:49:06 PM

Yeah me too. Who don't want to be a coinye miljonaire?
Xboxthreefixme

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

The one true king.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

Yeah me too. Who don't want to be a coinye miljonaire?

what happens when you pass that level ? Biljonaire ?

The one true king. 16wXmFwun1oQfvbgnQn19vQC6QEwKAFMr2
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 394 »
  Print  

Jump to: