Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 251 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor  (Read 374701 times)
makafeli

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:22:19 PM

Whats the purpose of this?
Or is it an coin without an purpose and mainly to earn a quick buck?
I like scrypt-jane, but every coin need a purpose, idea otherwise I am
afraid the coin wont last long...

And I haved read the first page, but arent all the popping coins saying the same?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
macioman

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:23:20 PM

noob question, what would be the solo mine setting for cgminer?

Thanks!!
Windows qt-wallet and GPU miner:
Available for download January 4th 17:00 (GMT)
MCR (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

RPC port are 4444 or 44444??
redmist

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Just a heads up but in the miner settings example, you've put the port as 4444 whereas in the wallet settings example you've put 44444. Might want to change that to avoid confusion  Smiley
MCR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 12:45:55 PM

And I haved read the first page, but arent all the popping coins saying the same?

Well, my view is a bit different. First of all, no, the coin isn't meant for earning a quick buck. It can make quick money during the nfactor period for investors and miners but that's not all it's meant for. The way I see it there needs to be more cryptocurrencies that actually aim at what cryptocurrencies are good at and that is being a currency and trading instrument. I think it's not acceptable when cryptocurrencies are made with an idea that really is pointless, such as a currency that's meant for buying or trading specific things or to be used in a specific way. All of those can be done with something that just aims to be a currency in general. There is only a handful of cryptocurrencies that actually have their innovation within the coin (a new hashing algorithm with no point isn't useful innovation, either). And that's good. They aim to be something different than a virtual currency. This isn't what microCoin aims to be, though. microCoin aims to be what virtual currencies in general should be. And that is being a long-term investment than is inherently deflationary and a convenient way of storing and transferring wealth. We will create or have others create services that further help microCoin have real value and some of those services could even have innovation, even if microCoin itself isn't inherently innovative. Anyone can and has the right to choose if they leave microCoin to be a "quick buck" for them, but we will still keep developing services and helping microCoin grow.
mafuaikai

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

accept
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Looks like  a Quick quick coin clone or velocity coin clone..... but this time no POS to keep the chain healthy after the big rewards vanish.

So really nothing new and an inferior coin to the ones just launched a couple of days ago.

= no point coin again.

Actually, microCoin originates from TIX, which comes from Copperbars. I'm not sure if VelocityCoin uses the changed nfactor, either. And POS can be implemented later on, but at the moment it's not relevant.

Yes, we know all of that. So your coin has NO pos which is the only thing that keeps these kind of coins running after the easy high value blocks are done with going. So let's look at it like this

Yac was the first to use the Nfactor to push down gpu after a few weeks

then came copper bars - with scrypt-jane
then

tix

then

apple coin

then

quick quick coin

then

velocity coin

now your one

so now you are going to clone this idea after we already have all of these coins, but now you are leaving out POS which makes it even more substandard??

Yeah we need this coin now....can't wait.

Please don't realease a clone of a clone of a clone of clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone

what is the point really???

Don't take it personally i will be trying to point out on every single new release the truth that new coins with no new innovation are totally pointless.

Ng93

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:22:39 PM

where to download ?

microcoinminer.exe

or can you use velocityminer?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

where to download ?

microcoinminer.exe

or can you use velocityminer?

yeah its the same coin so you can, or tix miner or applecoin miner or quick quick coin miner....take your pick

gri0

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:29:31 PM

Ok!
I'm ready to buy first 1.000.000 MRC for LTC eq 20 USD
PM me Smiley

br,
Grio.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:37:16 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 06:05:36 PM by Bansheroom

Pool preregistration online

Register here:

http://micro.minersbest.com/

MicroCoin - Mining Pool Server

- Stratum
- VARDIFF
- PPNLS
- 1% Fee
- network protection (DDoS)
- stable Server
- great internet connectivity

Edit:
Pools was up - but the coin was cancelld, and so the pool.
We are looking forward to a restart anyway :-).

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
MCR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 01:47:13 PM

Looks like  a Quick quick coin clone or velocity coin clone..... but this time no POS to keep the chain healthy after the big rewards vanish.

So really nothing new and an inferior coin to the ones just launched a couple of days ago.

= no point coin again.

Actually, microCoin originates from TIX, which comes from Copperbars. I'm not sure if VelocityCoin uses the changed nfactor, either. And POS can be implemented later on, but at the moment it's not relevant.

Yes, we know all of that. So your coin has NO pos which is the only thing that keeps these kind of coins running after the easy high value blocks are done with going. So let's look at it like this

Yac was the first to use the Nfactor to push down gpu after a few weeks

then came copper bars - with scrypt-jane
then

tix

then

apple coin

then

quick quick coin

then

velocity coin

now your one

so now you are going to clone this idea after we already have all of these coins, but now you are leaving out POS which makes it even more substandard??

Yeah we need this coin now....can't wait.

Please don't realease a clone of a clone of a clone of clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone

what is the point really???

Don't take it personally i will be trying to point out on every single new release the truth that new coins with no new innovation are totally pointless.

I understand. And it's good that you tell people the truth. However you can see my stance on the matter a few posts above as I made a long reply to another person. microCoin doesn't really aim to be innovative, nor does it aim to be a quick buck. And as I said, POS can be implemented later when it is more relevant.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:50:27 PM

Fair enough, let's see how it goes. I guess there are a billion scrypt clones, we can fit a couple of more scrypt jane in.

makafeli

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

Well, my view is a bit different. First of all, no, the coin isn't meant for earning a quick buck. It can make quick money during the nfactor period for investors and miners but that's not all it's meant for. The way I see it there needs to be more cryptocurrencies that actually aim at what cryptocurrencies are good at and that is being a currency and trading instrument. I think it's not acceptable when cryptocurrencies are made with an idea that really is pointless, such as a currency that's meant for buying or trading specific things or to be used in a specific way. All of those can be done with something that just aims to be a currency in general. There is only a handful of cryptocurrencies that actually have their innovation within the coin (a new hashing algorithm with no point isn't useful innovation, either). And that's good. They aim to be something different than a virtual currency. This isn't what microCoin aims to be, though. microCoin aims to be what virtual currencies in general should be. And that is being a long-term investment than is inherently deflationary and a convenient way of storing and transferring wealth. We will create or have others create services that further help microCoin have real value and some of those services could even have innovation, even if microCoin itself isn't inherently innovative. Anyone can and has the right to choose if they leave microCoin to be a "quick buck" for them, but we will still keep developing services and helping microCoin grow.

You could always put a limitation on the withdraw each time on a wallet, this will also go against pump/dump.
Ng93

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:01:36 PM

will there be a pool available before launch ?
svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:17:20 PM

am i understanding correctly that you can not use cgminer?
Other alternatives is not an option for me. Find this coin kinda intriguing, so would be a shame if cgminer doesn't work Sad
sydeu

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

Other alternatives is not an option for me. Find this coin kinda intriguing, so would be a shame if cgminer doesn't work Sad

cgminer doesn't work with scrypt-jane, you are correct. Why can't you use other programs? If you are interested in the coin I can sell you some, I'm gonna mine from first minute.

My btc adress: 1fuAvp6fpYiii8y8Vr9G7LCPcn3wdDGPj
My reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391656.0
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

1 1/2 hours to launch, right?
MCR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

The miner is used almost exactly like cgminer so it shouldn't be hard to use if you know how to use cgminer.
MCR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

1 1/2 hours to launch, right?

Yes, that's correct.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 251 »
  Print  

Jump to: